• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 6,214 Views, 165 Comments

Operation: VECTOR in Equestria - type13



Delta Team's VECTOR finds himself in Equestria

  • ...
15
 165
 6,214

Mission 20: The Bigger Picture

As the lifeless body of Discord lay on the ground, bathe in his own blood next to a shocked Princess Celestia. VECTOR re-holstered his Pistol and approached the shocked Princess Celestia.

“Are you alright Princess?” asked VECTOR, to which the Princess did not respond. Every pony that was present and witnessed this sudden turn of events is all shocked and silent. never averting their gaze on the dead Discord.

“Wha---what have you done?” whispered Princess Celestia, as tears started to appear in her eyes.

“He was my FRIEND!!” screamed Fluttershy, who rushed at the lifeless body of Discord with tears on her face and bawling like a child who’s pet goldfish just died and flushed in the toilet.

“I just----“ replied VECTOR but was cut off by the same familiar laugh just moments ago.


*Hysterical Laughter*


As Every Pony and VECTOR turned to the source of the laughter, they saw a miniature Discord who was sitting on a foldable chair eating popcorn atop Pinkie Pie’s head.

“Don’t worry Every Pony! That’s just Ketchup!” replied Discord as he continued to laugh.

“But I just killed you? How did you?” replied VECTOR as he un-holstered his pistol again and aimed it at Discord once again, but was stopped when Fluttershy jumped in front of VECTOR.

“NO!” screamed Fluttershy, she then added “Don’t kill him! He’s a friend!”

“Haven’t we told you about how we reformed Discord?!” replied Twilight Hastily.

“I know he can be random and unpredictable! But please be mindful!” said Princess Celestia, wiping the tear from her eyes.

VECTOR looked at Fluttershy and the others closely and noticed that they were telling the truth, he then proceeded to re-holster his pistol and asked.

“How did you?”

“What? NOT die? Simple my dear ‘Champion’” replied Discord as he gestured the Quote and quote on the Champion part. And with a snap of a finger, The ‘Dead’ Discord and the real Discord Disappeared. And with another snapping sound, Discord reappeared next to Fluttershy.

“Wipe that tear of your pretty little face, Flutterfly” said Discord as he handed Fluttershy a polka dotted handkerchief.

“It’s Fluttershy” whispered Fluttershy, taking the Handkerchief and was surprised that it was already wet.

“Oh, whatever. Any way! If ‘Princess’ Twilight here forgot to mention, I am the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony! A simple bullet to the head is too much boring to kill someone like me!” said Discord as he lazily floated next to VECTOR.

“What are you doing here Discord? We didn’t summon you” asked Twilight with a hint of anger.

“And good to see you too, Princess Twilight!” replied Discord with a mock bow, he then added “I’m just here for the Chaos that you are all about to create! And a little bit of advice”

“What kind of advice?” replied VECTOR coldly.

“You of all people should already know this VECTOR, but I’ll say it anyways. Expect the Unexpected. You think King Sombrero over yonder is not plotting anything? He lost his Champion and Dragon. Wouldn’t you think he’ll get another?” replied Discord with a smug grin.

“What are you getting at Discord?” asked Rainbow Dash as she hovered next to Discord and glared at him.

“Get this to your Rainbow Flavored Mane, Rainbow Dash. Once you lose something, don’t you want to get it back?” retorted Discord with a smug grin and turning Rainbow Dash’s mane into whipped cream. He then proceeded to scoop it with a “Star-Buck” cup which made Rainbow Dash’s jaw drop so far to the floor. He then began to drink his now rainbow whipped cream latte. “Now that’s good Latte!” he added, and with a snap of a finger, Rainbow Dash’s mane returned.

“Hah! The darn fool tried that and failed!” replied AppleJack as she looked at VECTOR and winked at him.

“Then let me ask you, If you can’t get back something you had, what do you do?” asked Discord as he continued to drink his latte whilst floating in mid-air.

“You get a new one” replied VECTOR flatly.

”And we have a winner!! You get a prize! “Exclaimed Discord as a party-hat appeared atop VECTOR’s helmet and streamers and balloons appeared out of nowhere which made everypony jump in surprise, except Pinkie Pie who was bouncing up and down in joy.

“Your Prize is one more advice” said Discord in a menacing whisper, and with a snap of a finger. Time Froze. VECTOR along with Discord disappeared.

***

“I’m getting sick and tired of teleporting to random places” replied VECTOR as he face palmed. “Where are we now? And why is it so Goddamn dark? I can’t even see my own hands” he added.

“Welcome! To the Banished Zone!!” replied Discord as the place started to illuminate but still a bit dark.

“Where in the blue hell are we…..” replied VECTOR in amazement.

Infront of VECTOR lay tall shattered buildings that ran across for miles and miles away, it was like a huge city covered in darkness. But something made VECTOR tingle in fear; it was like the darkness itself that blanketed the city was alive.

“So! How do you like the place? I know it’s a bit damp, but you’ll get used to it!” replied Discord as he approached VECTOR.

“Why am I here again?” asked VECTOR

“For your prize of course! You see, your little “Operation” to take out King Sombrero and his little Goblins are just the beginning” replied Discord. Then a huge explosion erupted in the far north of where the two are standing, which made VECTOR look at that direction.

“What was that?” he asked as he pointed to the direction of the explosion.

“That doesn’t matter, Listen carefully” said Discord flatly, he was now serious, looking at VECTOR eye to eye. He then added “War does not end quickly, and from your experience, you know that.

“Once I kill Sombra, It WILL be over” replied VECTOR with determination. “I won’t let him hurt anyone close to me any further”

“Ahh, but do you think he’s the only one after your little ‘Family’” replied Discord as another explosion erupted.

“What are you saying?” replied VECTOR coldly as he slowly puts his hand on his pistol.

“Oh you don’t need to worry about me, I’m reformed! And like you, I don’t want anything happening to my Friends” replied Discord as he turned around exposing his back to VECTOR.

“Do you remember what I said about possession?”

“Yeah, and you also called me ‘Champion’, what’s the deal with that?”

“When in war, you need a trump card, something that will turn the tides or something that will ensure victory….”

“I get it”

“I knew you were smarter than you look. Now, for your reward”

With a snap of a finger, an image in the form of a huge LCD T.V. appeared infront of Discord and VECTOR. VECTOR was not surprised at the randomness of Discord anymore, but what surprised him was what the scene in the T.V. showed.


“Holy shit…”

***

“Tell me again why I shouldn’t kill you?” asked HUNK as he pointed his gun at a Goblin who was kneeling on the ground; beside him laid two dead huge hulking Goblins with holes in their throats.

“I can give you anything you desire! I can even get you home! All I ask of you is assistance in the upcoming war! Your apprentice is making his way to may stronghold as we speak!” replied the Goblin.

“Keep talking…” replied HUNK with interest in his voice.

***

“So my teacher got tricked by King Sombra into arriving here in Equestria” whispered VECTOR whilst deep in thought on how to approach the situation.

“Yes, that Sombra has a silver tongue” replied Discord with a disgusted look on his face.

“If Sombra gets his way, we’ll be in deep shit. He’s not called ‘Mr. Death’ for nothing”

“Well, it’s not like you’re not in-par with the guy” replied Discord with a shrug and another explosion getting nearer.

“In any case, I need to get back. We need to move out now, the sooner the better, I might be able to talk my way with HUNK” replied VECTOR.

“As you wish, but know this VECTOR….” said Discord. He then snapped his finger and the both of them disappeared again after an explosion to where they are standing.

They then appeared above the destroyed city of the Banished zone, to where VECTOR saw everything in a birds-eye-view. The broken and dark city stretched out for what seemed like infinity, VECTOR even saw the explosion to where they used to be just moments ago, he then looked at Discord with confusion.

“…..Your little battle with Sombra is the beginning” Discord continued. He then snapped his fingers again and multiple images appeared. One was showing VECTOR’s adventures in Equestria; from the Trolls to the Wyrm Riders, it all showed him battling. Next to him was his Teacher/Mentor showing his battle prowess in his their world; from retrieving the G-Virus to battling Las Plagas. The image next to HUNK was one that showed a tall man wearing a red coat and wielding a huge sword and battled monsters that looked like B.O.Ws.

“You see, VECTOR. You’re not the only one who was summoned here. Like I said your little battle is only the beginning. Look over there” said Discord as he pointed to the far end of the Banished Zone that somehow got illuminated.

Thousands upon thousands of Changelings and what looked like shadow ponies where lined up and increasing and at the far back was a huge shadowy castle that gave off the dark like mist that covered the city.

VECTOR was silent, he was shocked at how many troops were aligned and ready for war. Now he got it, this is nothing compared to what he saw in Sombra’s Barracks. If they were to charge, they’d destroy Equestria in days. It then hit him.

“You’re the spirit of Chaos! Can’t you do something about this?!” shouted VECTOR.

“Alas, we are in the banished zone. My powers are nulled here, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have power outside of here. That’s why they can’t get out and just finish the job, cause I’m keeping them here. But don’t worry about that, I need you to lessen their ranks”


“Sombra’s Army”


“Exactly, they maybe Goblins, but their numbers are far too much of an advantage. So If you really want to help your ‘Family’, finish up Sombra, tell them of the situation and help me” replied Discord and with a snap of a finger, they are now back to the ground.

“All right, about that other guy. Is he with us? Are there more coming?” asked VECTOR

“To be frank, I don’t know. But What I do know is he was summoned by Chrysalis”

“The Changeling Queen that Cadence and Armor banished right?”

“Yup, I just hope his heart is in the right place. Anyway, time to get you back” said Discord, and as he was about to snap his fingers, VECTOR interjected.

“What about you?!” asked VECTOR, but was too late to hear the answer when he heard a snapping sound and reappeared back in the Crystal Empire and the Time Freezing Spell undone.

***

“Oh, don’t worry about me VECTY! I have Friends!” said Discord in a cheery voice as an explosion erupted just behind him. He then sighed and saw two little silhouette appeared and was skipping.

“Haven’t I told you girls not to blow things that are NOT the enemies?” shouted Discord at the two silhouettes but without a hint of anger in his voice.

“Rules are made to be broken, Discord! Like Buildings!” replied one of the more tall silhouette.

“Oooooooor POHNEYS! So quit your yapping! “replied the other smaller silhouette.

*Sigh*

“Oh well, ready to have some more fun?!” said Discord, as the two silhouettes appeared more clearly with the light of the explosion.

Author's Note:

Hue hue hue. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter :raritywink: