• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 6,214 Views, 165 Comments

Operation: VECTOR in Equestria - type13



Delta Team's VECTOR finds himself in Equestria

  • ...
15
 165
 6,214

Mission 5: To Canterlot

“I wonder what’s taking them so long, didn’t they catch the first train?” asked Shining Armor as he sat on a bench at the Train Station.

“You there!” as he commanded one of the three escort guards that accompanied him, “Tell the Princesses that the bearers of the Elements of Harmony will be a little late”

“Sir yes sir! Will there be anything else, sir?”

“No, there’s --- scratch that, fetch me a sandwich from my wife, Princess Cadence” said Shining as his tummy gave a small rumble.

And as the Guard gave a salute and trotted away to accomplish the task he was given, Shining ordered the other one to fetch him some coffee. And after all of the guards were gone, he gave an audible sigh.

“Man, am I hungry; where in Equestria are you Twiley?”

***

It was midafternoon, and as the ‘Friendship Express’ made its second trip from Ponyville to Canterlot, One of the Carts was filled with the Bearer of the Elements of Harmony and a Bipedal Creature named VECTOR. As the six where in their respective ‘bunk’ talking about various stuff regarding a meeting in a place called Canterlot. VECTOR simply lay in his bed and watched the scenery outside from a small window.





Earlier





“You. Cannot. Be serious with this Twilight” said VECTOR as he stood dumbfounded infront of what seems to be a ‘Train’ in the eyes of these ponies.


“What’s the matter Sugarcube?” asked Applejack as she trotted next to VECTOR as she put down her small luggage to the side.


“This ‘thing’ is a train?” asked VECTOR as he gestured disbelief at the ‘Train’ infront of them. Even so much as to put a hand inside his mask and made a rubbing motion. ‘It’s a god damn good thing, I’m the only one here, if the rest of DELTA team were to see me now, I’d have to kill them.’ He thought


“Oh, I know what you mean, Darling! The thing needs a good old makeover!” said Rarity as she trotted to VECTOR’s side with apparently a huge hat she made herself, but with no luggage to be found.


*sigh*


“That’s not what I meant. Aren’t you bringing anything?” asked VECTOR


“Oh! It’s already being taken care of, dear” answered Rarity as she turned her attention to a poor Spike putting several luggage inside one of the train’s cart.


‘Idiot’ VECTOR thought to himself as he looked at a suffering spike trying to balance Rarity’s luggage.


“Alright everypony, the tickets been taken care off. Let’s move out!” called Twilight, and soon after everyone entered the ‘Friendship Express’, except for one.


“Aren’t you coming V?” asked Rainbow Dash as she opened one of the windows of the train’s cart.


“Is there no other way of transport?” asked VECTOR as he stood in his place, still facing the train.


“Why? Are you scared of trains or something?” teased Rainbow Dash as she tried to stifle a giggle.


‘There is a motherfucking colorful Cupcake cart!’ VECTOR thought, but kept his cool and just looked at Rainbow Dash silently and gave an audible sigh.


“Fine...”





Present





“So V, enjoying the view over there?” asked Rainbow Dash as she hovered next to VECTOR, to which VECTOR noticed and turned his attention to Rainbow Dash


“How?” asked VECTOR in a flat tone as she face Rainbow Dash


“How. What?”


“How does your world maintain this kind of….Peace?” he asked again, and as the others heard VECTOR speak in a long while ever since they boarded the train. They trotted next to him.


“Well, not everypony is perfect, we had times of quarreling and fighting. “Answered Twilight


“And sometimes, we make super-duper wrong accusations!” added Pinkie as she looked at her friends and smiled.


“We even fight amongst our own kin” added Rarity as she looked at Applejack and gave a nostalgic grin.


“We even tend to over think the smallest of things” added Applejack with a chuckle.


“Like judging somepony just because they’re different or something as simple as finding the perfect pet” added Rainbow dash as she looked at Twilight with a giggle and then looked at a book in her bunk.


“But by the end of the day” said Fluttershy in a soft voice but with a warm smile.


And as the group of six ponies came closer to each other and gave each other the warmest of smiles, then looked at VECTOR.


“Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, Kindness, Loyalty and Magic are all that is needed to bring the Magic of Friendship to our hearts and live a life of Harmony” finished Twilight.


VECTOR only looked at group of ponies silently. Friendship? Harmony? true, the world he lived in will never attain peace. Power hungry corporates are the ‘Virus’ itself of that world. Umbrella, BSAA and even the Government, none of them really matters as long as there are people who are willing to reach the top of the food chain. Peace will be but a word.



’Why? Why am I here?’




“I’m going get some fresh air” said VECTOR as he stood from his bunk and walked to the door that leads to the last cart of the train.


“Ummm, alright. You should get some rest though, it’s already dark out, my guess is we’ll be arriving at Canterlot after a few hours” said Twilight


“Copy that”



“But didn’t you say -------“before Fluttershy could finish her sentence, VECTOR closed the door behind him.
“----that you don’t know if our air is breathable for you” she finished as she looked at the others, and each of them giving worried looks to each other.

***

Upon arriving at the end of the cart, VECTOR lazily placed his hands at the railings and looked over the horizon. It was already pretty dark, and the only light that was present was a full moon. VECTOR looked up at the moon for a moment then looked at his wrist device.




‘Scan Complete’
‘Result - 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 1% other gaseous molecules’




“Looks like the air here is breathable” said VECTOR to himself. He then lifted his Gas mask up slightly so that his mouth could be seen only. He then took a deep breath and exhaled satisfyingly.


“The air here is…nice” he said as a small grin crept from his mouth, it was neither malicious nor mischievous, it was a grin of satisfaction. But alas, this is but a small bliss, when VECTOR suddenly heard a sound from the roof of the cart he was in. And upon hearing this, VECTOR put his Gas Mask on yet again.



*Creek*



If it was a normal creature, it would not be heard. But VECTOR’s ears are trained to perfection, hearing the faintest of sounds when it comes to silent missions.


And as VECTOR grabbed the edge of the roof of the cart and slowly lifted himself, as to not give away his position. Using his modified Gas Mask He saw five small creatures via Night Vision. And when one of the creatures faced VECTOR’s way, he saw something familiar.


‘Black Aura, They’re possessed’ he thought to himself. As the small creatures conversed silently, in a language that VECTOR couldn’t recognize. Each one went forward swiftly and silently, VECTOR suddenly saw as they were leaving, a small knife in each hip of the creatures.


‘They’re armed; they’re not as mindless as those Trolls’


And as each creature forwarded, VECTOR saw that the four creatures went to a cart and one was left behind to act as a watch. He then realized that it was the cart where Twilight and the others are sleeping.


VECTOR then made sure that the one that was left behind wasn't looking before he fully climbed the roof.


Silently he crept behind the creature in a crouching position. Like a Predator nearing its prey, VECTOR grabbed the head of the creature with both hands; with one hand on the mouth of the creature and the other at the back of its head. VECTOR already knows that these creatures are here for blood and that negotiations are out of the question.


The creature didn't have a chance to even squirm, its eyes only widened. And besides, It’s not like Twilight or anypony else is here to lecture him, right?




*SNAP!*

Author's Note:

1 down, 4 to go...