• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 6,214 Views, 165 Comments

Operation: VECTOR in Equestria - type13



Delta Team's VECTOR finds himself in Equestria

  • ...
15
 165
 6,214

Mission 11: One by One

“Party?” inquired the Dragon as it raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, a welcoming party to be exact. Now, where is the key located?” asked VECTOR as he looked at the pockets from the dead Goblin pile near him.

“I see. The key is not with THOSE guards, they’re with a Troll just outside of this prison hold” answered the Dragon as he pointed his snout at the window.

As VECTOR walked towards the window and looked outside, he saw about 2 Trolls and 4 Goblin watchmen; 3 was walking on the fields while one is at a watchtower.

“There are 2 of them and 4 Goblin watchers; which one of them has the key?”

“I can’t remember, but I am sure that it’s one of the Trolls. I saw it as it ate the key”

“Alright. Wait, what? It ATE the key?!” responded VECTOR as he turned towards the dragon in slight surprise. “When did THAT happen?”

“Hmmm, I have been captured for a few weeks now” said the Dragon as if he was lost in thought.

“Then it might have been digested already. Or worse”

“Worse? What do you mean human?” asked the Dragon with a quizzical tone of voice.

“Shit” said VECTOR flatly

“No need for cussing” said the Dragon as he puffed a small smoke from his nose.

“No, literally; Shit. It may have already SHAT the key” replied VECTOR in a flat tone of voice.

“Oh, I see where you are getting at, But, no. Tis’ a magical key so, it can not be destroyed by physical means. So it’s likely still in the creature’s stomach” replied the Dragon.

“Alright, I’ll take care of the key. Just wait for me here”

“Like I’m going anywhere” retorted the Dragon as it squirmed in its place to show VECTOR.

“Good point….”



Looking at his wristwatch, VECTOR checked for the energy on his cloaking device; it was now at 13%. Cursing silently, the Dragon noticed this and spoke, before VECTOR approached the door.

“Human! Is your trinket broken?” asked the Dragon

“No, but my suit will be out of energy soon. No energy means no cloaking, so that little trick you saw earlier, I won’t be doing it again anytime soon. I only have enough energy to sustain my mask; and I need my mask so that I can see in the dark and keep breathing oxygen”

“So that is not your face? And you cannot see in the dark nor breath in high altitude?” asked the Dragon.

“Yes to all, and if you're able to fly us out of here, I need my mask to breath. If only the sun would set up here in the mountains. But it seems like the mountain clouds are hindering it.

“That is unfortunate”

“Wait a sec, you’re a Dragon right? So, why don’t you just melt the chains off?” asked VECTOR

“These are Magical Chains, human. King Sombra used his Dark Unicorn magic to bind me, and the only thing that can free me is the key in one of the Troll’s insides” replied the Dragon.

“I see, makes sense. Anyway, I won’t be using my cloaking anytime soon. Do you have any indication spell to know which Troll I need to kill? Time isn’t our----“



*CREAK*



As VECTOR was about to finish his sentence, a Goblin Scout opened the door from the outside suddenly. VECTOR; with his back facing the door, noticed that the door was opening, he then quickly grabbed his dagger from the back of his waist and did a quick spin.

And as the Goblin was in view, the Goblin did not have the time to react, as a dagger was plunged at the side of his head. After connecting, VECTOR spun around counter- clockwise with the Goblin still stuck on his dagger, grabbed the half opened door and slammed it to a close whilst flinging the now dead Goblin to the pile of ‘other’ dead Goblins.

“You never seize to amaze me, Human” said the Dragon with his eyes closed and a small smile on its face.

“Looks like they have shifting routes” said VECTOR, completely ignoring the Dragon’s praise and quickly and silently placing his back on the wall near the window and taking a quick glance outside to see if they noticed what happened.

VECTOR then looked back at the Dragon and then back at the window and did a quick study of the pattern of the other 3 remaining Goblin Watchers.

1 was at a watchtower, while the other 2 were circling the Trolls that stood face to face with each other, which caught VECTOR’s attention and spoke.

“Why are the 2 Trolls just standing there?” asked VECTOR randomly

“I do not know, all I know is, one of them ate the key to my bindings. Do you see any differences of the two?” said the Dragon.

“Hmmm, No. They’re practically the same, fuck! No choice, I’ll just check them both” answered VECTOR as he approached the door.

VECTOR then proceeded to check his inventory.

2 Flash Grenades
1 Smoke
1 Explosive
Half a clip of Handgun Bullets
Machine Gun Clip still almost full
1 yard of metal string
And a C4 kit

VECTOR still couldn't believe how he suddenly had weapons when he woke up in the middle of the mountains. Did he have them all along when he first arrived in Equestria? No, he was unarmed when he arrived in the middle of Ponyville. It then hit him, and quickly looked at the Red Dragon.

“What does Sombra need a Dragon for?” asked VECTOR hurriedly, he then added. “Are letters the only things Dragons are capable of sending?”

“Sadly, I do not know the answer. To tell you the truth; I have no recollection of how I got here, and as for your second question; No, with proper training and maturing, we are able to send bigger or larger objects to anywhere in Equestria.

“I see, so you also have no memory on how you got here?”

“No, but with the Ancient Magical Powers of Dragons, we are immune to any, if not all Pony magic. Well, for Dragons as old as me that is.”

“Hmmmm, and yet here you are. Chained on the ground with no memory how you got here” retorted VECTOR.

“Well, I do recall somehow---“ the Dragon then flinched trying to remember. “It’s cloudy but, I remember a Black Crystal growing in my head, forming some kind of helmet. Then, YES! I did transport some kind of trinket and machines.

“Are these the ‘trinkets’ you transferred?” asked VECTOR as he showed the Dragon a Grenade. The Dragon then nodded and shook its head to somehow relieve the pain he is experiencing.

“I see.”



*BAM!*



The 2 Scouting Goblins who had a spear in each hand suddenly opened the door where VECTOR was standing and was shocked to see VECTOR standing in their way with its back turned to them. One of the Goblins then saw the pile of Dead Goblins on the side. And as it was about to turn its attention back to VECTOR, a black blur suddenly moved to the side.

With a swift back-kick to the back of the head of the Goblin in his left and a satisfying crack sound, the Goblin slammed on the ground face first, dead. The Goblin on his right was slow to react as VECTOR lifted it by the neck and stabbed its chest 4 times.

The Goblin on the watch tower saw 2 of the Scouting Goblins enter the structure where the Red Dragon was held, due to the fact that he ORDERED them to go and check what happened to the last one. Who did not come back after checking on the 8 Goblins guarding the Red Dragon.

What he didn’t know was, 8 of the Guard Goblins inside were already dead plus the one Scouting Goblins, and now plus 2 more. So he leaned to the side to check on the door. He then saw one of the Scouting Goblins back slowly coming outside.


What he didn’t see was a bullet on his head.


BANG!

Author's Note:

See ya Next week guys!

Better ready myself for a 2 vs 1.

PS. all the Goblins in that area are dead, so that leaves VECTOR with 2 ???? ;D