• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 6,214 Views, 165 Comments

Operation: VECTOR in Equestria - type13



Delta Team's VECTOR finds himself in Equestria

  • ...
15
 165
 6,214

Mission 7: Smile

“Darling? Wake up Shining Armor” whispered Princess Cadence as she nudged her husband as to softly waken him.

“Mmm…hmmm? Cadence? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be waiting at the castle?” answered Shining Armor as he rubs the sleep in his eyes and slowly looking at his wife.

“You’ve been here since this afternoon after your shift, you should get some rest at the castle and not out here in the cold” said Princess Cadence as she lovingly rubbed her muzzle on her husband.

“Heh, I won’t be much of a soldier if I can’t handle a little cold, Darling” said Shining Armor as he stood from a bench that he was resting from and started to stretch his body.

“But you’re MY soldier” retorted Princess Cadence with a giggle. To which made Shining Armor Blush and gave his loving bride a quick peck to the lips. “If you don’t want to go back to the castle, then I’ll just stay here with you. Besides, I think they’ll be here sooner or-----




*CHOO! CHOO!*



“Oh! Speak of the changeling, here they come” quipped Princess Cadence



As Princess Cadence and Shining Armor along with six Royal Guards as escorts stood at the Train station’s platform and waited for the ‘Friendship Express’ to make its stop.


The door of the train’s cart that held the bearer of the Elements of Harmony was about to open. What Princess Cadence and Shining Armor expected was their little Twilight Sparkle and her friends, but to their surprise, the one to first greet them was a tied up and battered Goblin.


And as both Princess Cadence and Shining Armor stood there, shocked, they heard a not too familiar voice; it was muffled and somehow suppressed, like the sound of a voice inside of a mask.


“Get moving” said the unknown voice as the Goblin who was infront of them was thrown onto the ground with what seemed to be a kick in the back.


And as the ‘Friendship Express’ made its complete docking; excreted a smoke from below the carts signaling that the train made its complete stop. Princess Cadence cautiously called out to her favorite foal when she was once a foal sitter.


“Twi-twilight?” asked Princess Cadence as the smoke from below the Carts still loomed in the scene. But there was no response. What she did hear was heavy breathing and was suddenly followed by two round insect like blue eyes from behind the Cart’s door.


Upon seeing this, Shining Armor suddenly leapt infront of Princess Cadence with horn activated and shouted.


“Who or what are you?! What have you done with my little sister?!” commanded Shining Armor as he aimed his horn at the two blue insect-like eyes infront of them.


But it did not answer, what shining armor did not expect was two Black Hand appendages coming out of the cart’s door as it held both sides of the opened doors, and what seemed to be eye level to Shining Armor, the two Insect-like blue eyes rose higher as it came out of the door.


And as Shining Armor was about to fire a magical bolt to the unknown creature, a familiar voice called out to him.


“Shining Armor? Is that you?”


“Twilight?” asked Shining Armor and Princess Cadence in Unison.



As the smoke cleared up, they saw the strange creature infront of them; it was with eye level tall as Princess Celestia and wore a black outfit. What seemed to be the face of the creature was in-fact a mask with two blue insect-like eyes that glowed. To its side was Twilight with a confused look on her face.


“Ummm, what are you doing big brother?” asked Twilight in a quizzical tone and a sheepish grin.


“Stay away from that----that THING Twilight!” commanded Shining Armor as he pointed his horn at the creature again. “Men! Protect Princess Cadence at all cost!” he added.


“Shining, did you not get my letter?” asked Twilight as she gave Shining Armor another quizzical look.


“What letter?” asked Shining Armor not moving an inch and still pointing his horn, ready to fire at any moment.


“Umm, dear?” asked Princess Cadence.


“Not now honey. Twilight, what letter are you talking about?”


“Shining Armor, I kinda forgot to give you Twilight’s letter” said Princess Cadence as she trotted next to Shining Armor with a note floating next to her.


“Wha--- why didn’t you---“


“Well, you WERE sleeping, and besides, they came as soon as you woke up remember?”
“But, didn’t YOU read Twilight’s letter?” asked Shining Armor as he magically took the letter from his wife.


“Well, I enjoy looking at your sleeping face more” answered Princess Cadence with a giggle to which made Shining Armor blush. As Shining Armor read the Letter Twilight wrote, indicating on why they were late, due to an emergency and that they were coming with a strange and unknown friend.


Shining Armor gave an audible sigh, rolled the note and gave the creature a weak smile and spoke.


“I’m sorry, ummm ------” said Shining Armor with a quizzical look.


“VECTOR” said VECTOR in a flat tone as he approached the tied and beat up Goblin.


“----- VECTOR for suspecting you”


“…..”


“Ummmm, yeah, Oooook. So Twilight, what are you guys doing with a Goblin?” asked Shining Armor as he trotted next to Twilight. “And where are the others?”


“They’re at the back still, helping Rarity with her luggage” answered Twilight as she rolled her eyes with the last part of her sentence but with a smile. “And as for the Goblin----“


As Twilight explained the mysterious events that happened at Ponyville as they made their way to Canterlot; how VECTOR appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the street, how two rampaging Trolls got separated so far from their tribe up north to Ponyville and how Rainbow Dash almost died because of the Goblin that they currently have.
And as the group reached the entrance of the castle without having other ponies to see VECTOR; due to the fact that it was already late at night and the citizens of Canterlot were already asleep. Princess Cadence finally spoke to VECTOR.


“So let me get this straight, VECTOR. You saved the town and its citizens from two rampaging Trolls, saved two Elements of Harmony, AND keep the Goblin alive for questioning” said Princess Cadence with disbelief showing on her face.


“……Just get me back to my world” VECTOR answered as he shifted the Goblin he was carrying on his shoulder to the other side, not even looking at Princess Cadence.


“Oooook. Is he always like that, Twilight?” asked Princess Cadence as she whispered at Twilight. To which made Twilight giggle and spoke.


“I know he sounds rude and all, but I really think he just wants to go back. I mean, he is totally out of place here, I bet he really misses his friends” answered Twilight as he looked at VECTOR with a small smile, as VECTOR smacked the back of the head of the Goblin from moving too much.


“That maybe so Twiley, but as you know, Goblins don’t tend to go on solo missions. Which brings me to a question; Where are the others?” said Shining Armor as he trotted next to Twilight.


“Yeah, about that….”

***

Earlier







“Stupid Goblin! You almost killed me!” screamed Rainbow Dash as she kicked the now tied up Goblin in its arm.


“Are you hurt Rainbow Dash?” asked Fluttershy as she practically hugged the sweating and shivering Rainbow Dash as she held the book that saved her from certain death.


“She’s fine…” said VECTOR as he binds the now unconscious Goblin lying on the floor.


“A Goblin?! What in tarnasion is going on here?!” said Applejack as she trotted next to VECTOR and offered to help him tie the creature more tightly. To which VECTOR only looked at the farm pony and tightened the Goblins rope.


“First Trolls and now GOBLINS! What in Equestria is going on here?!” said Twilight in a loud voice as she trotted next to Rainbow Dash whilst not turning her attention at the Goblin.


“Twilight…..” said VECTOR as he finished tying the Goblin.


“I mean, how could this be? Goblins aren’t that smart!” said Twilight with a panicked tone of voice.


“…..Twilight”


“First the rampaging trolls now THIS! I mean C’mon! What’s next?!” Twilight trailed off as she did not notice VECTOR walking next to her and crouching to meet Twilight in the eye; getting something from one of his pocket.


“For all we know Discord or even King Sombra ------ mmmf!!”


Twilight was then shut up with a chocolate bar shoved on her mouth, now noticing VECTOR infront of her, and noticing that Rainbow Dash was also eating a bar of chocolate.


“Shut up and eat the chocolate, it’ll stop your shivering” said VECTOR as he stood from his crouching position and sat next to Rainbow Dash, who finished eating her chocolate bar and plopping in her bunk, her head hitting VECTOR’s lap, as she drifted to sleep. VECTOR then took the dagger from the book Dash has holding close to and placed it in one of his pockets.


As Rarity and Pinkie Pie trotted next to VECTOR and comforted both Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie noticed something red on VECTOR’s suit and spoke.


“Hey VECTY! Is that ketchup on you?” asked Pinkie Pie as she bounced next to VECTOR and squinted her eyes to take a better look.


*Audible Gasp*


“IS THAT -----“ VECTOR then shoved a chocolate bar at Pinkie’s mouth


“Blood” said VECTOR in a flat tone. He then slowly put Rainbow Dash’s head down from his lap and kneeled next to Twilight who finished her chocolate bar and stopped from shaking.


“Twilight, you said something about a ‘King’ mind repeating that?” asked VECTOR.


“You mean King Sombra? Why?” asked Twilight as she wiped some chocolate from her muzzle.


“Well, when I was Interrogating the ‘Leader’ of this group, he mentioned ‘King’ over and over” answered VECTOR as he turned his attention at Pinkie and wiped her muzzle with a cloth, to made Pinkie Smile and then bounced next to Rainbow Dash.


“Leader? Now that you mentioned it, there is supposed to be more of these guys” said Twilight with a confused look on her face.


“I’ve taken care of them, don’t worry”


Twilight then gasped and spoke.


“Is that why you have blood on you?”


“Yes… But that doesn’t matter anymore. These Goblins where possessed the same way the Trolls from Ponyville were.


“You mean?”


“Yes, the Black Aura. This brings me to the conclusion”


“That it was the same pony that was behind the Troll Rampage!” said Twilight in a loud voice as she finally pieced it together.


“Exactly… Now about that King Sombra of yours-----“




*CHOO! CHOO!*




“I guess, well get to that later. Get your stuff; I’ll take care of this Goblin.”


“VECTOR dear, could you help me with my luggage?” said Rarity as she trotted next to VECTOR.


“……….”


When VECTOR did not answer Rarity then gave her most popular Puppy eyes and Pouting lips so that VECTOR would be like spike and be a dear, but to her surprise.


“…….No” said VECTOR as he took the now half-awake Goblin and dragged it to the Cart’s door.

***

Present





“I see, but we all saw what happened to King Sombra when the power of the Crystal Heart hit him” answered Shining Armor as he recollected what happened in the past.


“I was not there so I don’t know what happened, did you recover the corpse?” questioned VECTOR as he handed the Goblin to one of the Guards as they stopped at a huge door inside the castle.


“There was no corpse to recover, VECTOR. His body was drowned in the light, he was a being of darkness, he had no physical body to begin with” answered Princess Cadence.


“I see…” was all VECTOR could say as he then turned his attention to the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They were all clearly exhausted and with what they had experienced; Rarity being almost crushed by a boulder, Rainbow Dash almost being stabbed and after all that, reorganizing the whole town.


“You should all get some rest, you all had a rough day. For peaceful creatures such as yourselves, I would expect this kind of violence to hit its toll on your bodies” added VECTOR as he saw the state of condition of the others. He was no team leader, nor did he ever want to. But in a weird sort of way, they have grown on him. Like a Virus.


“I agree, but as much as I want to detest. Twilight you should come with us” said Shining Armor as he ordered one of the guards to show the rest where they will be sleeping for the night.


“Don’t worry big brother, I didn’t intend to leave anyways. You guys go on ahead” said Twilight as she gave her friends one last group hug.


And as the others broke of their group hug, a certain rainbow Pegasus flew next to VECTOR and stared at him a good while before blushing.


“What is it Dash?” asked VECTOR


“Look V, ummm, thanks for saving me. TWICE now if you add the Troll incident, but you only did that ---“


VECTOR then raised his hand to signal dash to stop his train of words, and then spoke.


“No need Dash, Just get some rest”


“Right… Thanks again V”


As the five mares followed the guard to their respective rooms. VECTOR, Twilight, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence turned their attention to the huge two doors infront of them. But to VECTOR’s surprise he suddenly felt two hooves hug him from behind, then as quickly as it came, vanished.


And for the first time in his entire life, VECTOR smiled a warm smile that was neither sadistic nor malevolent.



A smile of relief.

Author's Note:

sorry for the late chapter guys, Work's been a bitch!! anyways enjoy ;)
new chapter tommorow, then next week.