• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 6,215 Views, 165 Comments

Operation: VECTOR in Equestria - type13



Delta Team's VECTOR finds himself in Equestria

  • ...
15
 165
 6,215

Mission 21: Operation: Sombra

”Strategy Room”


“Discord said what?!” screamed Twilight Sparkle as she looked at VECTOR with surprise written all over her face. Ever since VECTOR told them about the ‘Banished Zone’ and an unknown enemy preparing for war, Twilight was screaming at VECTOR with every bit of new information given to her.

*sigh*

“For the last time, Twilight; quit screaming at me. If you want some answers from Discord, why don’t you call him yourself? But I suggest we get along with this operation and end Sombra once and for all” replied VECTOR as she approached an embarrassed Twilight.

“I never knew that there was a plane called the ‘banished zone’, tis the first time I have heard of this Plane of existence” said Princess Luna as she approached VECTOR, she then added “Arth thou sure of the information Discord has given you, sir VECTOR?”

“Positive, he was serious with every word he told me. That is also a reason why we should act now. He needs all the help he can get” replied VECTOR.

“So that is why we haven’t seen any much of him since his reformation. Alright, once everypony is ready we will start the operation.” said Princess Celestia.


And with that, Everypony excluding VECTOR started to part ways to prepare for their upcoming operation. Left inside the now empty room, VECTOR recalled what Discord showed him; it was his Mentor. He told Everypony about the hidden war and King Sombra’s Champion, but he did not tell them that King Sombra’s new champion is his mentor; Mr. Death. Because, he himself is not sure if HUNK took King Sombra’s offer, so just to be on the safe side. He kept it for himself, until the time comes.

***

At the northern field just outside of the Crystal Empire, the Crystal Pony Battalion 1, 2 and 3 are all lined up and ready to move out, their leader being Shining Armor himself. To each of their side were Battalion 4 on the left and Battalion 5 on the right. Battalion 4 is accompanied by Princess Luna, ready to summon her Lunar Guards when given the time. And Battalion 5 is accompanied by Princess Celestia with her Solar Guards concealed and was also ready to be summoned when given the chance.

That leaves VECTOR, the Red Dragon who was airborne and concealed above the clouds and the manes six, who already set out an hour earlier. VECTOR’s plan was to arrive early just near the enemy camp and check the number of enemies they are about to encounter, to calculate the time till their plan is discovered.


“Were nearing the enemy camp, stay close to me” ordered VECTOR.

“Not to sound rude, Darling. But why do we have these again? I was happy to make garments for this mission, but. We aren’t the sort of ponies to bring onto battle.” asked Rarity as she tried to adjust her modified goggles given to her by VECTOR together with a metal blow gun called the “Big Bore .625 magnum”.

For the Mission to be a success, VECTOR ordered the Red Dragon to summon multiple weapons and gadgets for the mane 6 to use. The Elements of Harmony was needed for King Sombra, but with the Goblins, they needed something to defend themselves.

“How do I even use this, Darling?” asked Rarity as she looked at her weapon on her back.

“We’ve been through this already, Rarity. Just load the dart inside the blow gun and just blow, simple. And those goggles of yours is for long range scoping, you’ll be our eyes” replied VECTOR.

“I get Rarity, VECTOR. But what about Fluttershy? She’s not the kind of pony to kill or even SEE blood. I on the other hand, thank you for this blade you attached to my wing! It’s so awesome!” said Rainbow Dash as a 2-foot retractable blade came out of Rainbow Dash’s wings as soon as she stretched them out.

“Alright, alright. Let’s stop for a second here” Commanded VECTOR, he then faced the mane six and ordered them to line up. As soon as the six where lined up, he pointed at Rarity.

“Rarity, like I’ve said just now; you’ll be our eyes. Once we reach the barracks you’ll be stationed above us. In my time inside of the enemy barracks, I saw that the buildings are all close together. Scout for any hostiles and take them out with your blow gun” spoke VECTOR, he then proceeded to point at Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow Dash, You’ll be Rarity’s support and transport. When we get too far, carry her to another high ground for scouting. Also, take out any hostiles who are targeting Rarity with your wing blade, got it?” ordered VECTOR as Rainbow Dash saluted in response. VECTOR then preceded to the problem at hand, Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, you’ll be our medic. What I gave you is “LUPO’s” status mask, inputted there are everyone’s status, if someone is injured, you’ll see them flashing in red, got it?” asked VECTOR to which Fluttershy just nodded in response. VECTOR then proceeded to AppleJack.

“AJ, you’ll be infront of the group, did you attach the thing I gave you?” asked VECTOR, to which AppleJack nodded in response and showed him her back hooves. “Good, those are modified shock gloves; they fire off high voltage of electricity to fry your enemies” he added. He then looked at Pinkie Pie who was wearing a huge smile on her face.

“Pinkie, you’ll be our Explosion Expert. Are those things too heavy for you?” asked VECTOR as he pointed at two Six-Shot 40mm Grenade Launcher attached at her back.

“Nope! Don’t worry about me VECTY! I used to work at a rock farm!” replied Pinkie as she bounced up and down.

“Careful Pinkie! I’ve modified those so that the triggers are attached to your front hooves are fired when you press them hard on a hard surface!” shouted VECTOR as he tried to calm down Pinkie.

“Okie dokie lokie! So! How do I reload?” asked Pinkie.

“You don’t, or rather you don’t need too. This is an assassination Operation; you only come in when needed. You only come in when the preemptive strike starts and most of the enemy forces are busy with the fight on the front lines or when I order you to. The first three grenades in your left launcher are explosive rounds; the last three are smoke rounds. The second launcher’s first three rounds are freeze rounds; which freezes enemies on the spot that where caught in the explosion, and finally, the last three rounds are flash rounds. Either way, you’ll be our trump card, because we don’t have any extra rounds for your launcher. So be careful”

“Yes sir! Sir VECTOR sir!” replied Pinkie with a salute.

“Good. And finally, Twilight” said VECTOR as he looked at Twilight.

“Yes?” replied Twilight with joy written all over her face. She has yet to receive a weapon from VECTOR since they left; all she has are the camouflage suit given to her by Rarity and her very own multi-scope goggles.

“Since you can use magic, Here…” VECTOR then attached six 10 inch black boxes in Twilight’s suit.

“…Boxes? You gave Pinkie a Grenade Launcher, but you gave me SIX black boxes? What are these? Our lunch or something?” asked Twilight with annoyance.

*sigh*

With an audible sigh, VECTOR took one of the black boxes and proceeded to unfold them.

“These are called the Magpul FMG-9 semi-automatic submachine gun; they fire 9x19mm Parabellum FMJ. Twilight, I gave you SIX of these, because you can use magic. You’ll be our suppressive fire, make them run like little pansies” replied VECTOR with a smile as he saw Twilight blush in embarrassment.


And as VECTOR finished giving them instructions, they all proceeded with their destination. After a few hours of traveling, they finally reached the Goblin Barracks. And as VECTOR and the mane 6 watch from atop a small hill, Twilight spoke.




“Goggles on” ordered Twilight, as everypony put on their specific goggles.

“Status Online, Everypony on Green” replied Fluttershy.

“Just give the order, Darling” said Rarity with a smile, as she loaded her .625 magnum.

“Let’s gut them from the inside” added Rainbow Dash with a grin as she unfolded her wings.

“We’re all good to go here, Sugarcube” said AppleJack as she activated her electric hooves.

“C’mon VECTY! Let’s get this party started!” said Pinkie Pie loudly.





VECTOR then proceeded to unsheathe his combat knife and drew his pistol, and from the head down, started to turn invisible and said.

Proceeding with ‘Operation: Sombra’