• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 1,905 Views, 9 Comments

Into the Beginning: The Life of Writing Glory - Chaos Phantasm



How did the pony world come to be? Where did the Changelings come from? Where did the rule of Celestia and Luna begin? A familiar Purple Unicorn aims to find out.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,905

Chapter 1: And then there was One.

The Life of Writing Glory

By Chaos Phantasm

=====================================================================

Chapter 1:

And then there was One

===============

Twilight places the book inside her left saddle bag, and takes it back to her old home she stayed in as a student of Celestias. Spike had already set up the beds and is already dusting the place by the time Twilight arrives. Twilight levitates her saddlebags down beside the bed and opens the left one, taking out the book of Writing Glory.

"Whats that you got Twilight?"

"This, Spike. is an old Book" Twilight picks up a magnifying glass and opens the book to the front page and looks closely at some lines that run from the top left corner of the page, down to the bottom right. "Spike, look at these date lines"

Spike walks over to Twilight and looks at what Twilight's looking at. "This book dates back 56 Millenniums ago, that's older then Equestria. Look there are other lines there above the larger ones, it's endless." Twilight looks at it amazed at just how ancient this book is. Spike then looks out the window to see Princess Celestia approaching the tower.

"Twilight, Princess Celestia is coming."

"What? but i haven't had enough time to study the book..."

Celestia knocks on the door and waits patiently. She looks around waiting and spots a butterfly which rests on the tip of her nose causing her to sneeze and slightly chuckle. Twilight hides the book then opens the door.

"Ah hello Twilight Sparkle. I thought you'd be in the library looking at the books."

"I got a bit tired on the way here, i needed to rest." Twilight pretends to yawn, Celestia gives Twilight a look as though she knows Twilight is fibbing.

"Well i suppose that can't be helped then, it is a rather tiring trip from Ponyville to Canterlot. I'll let you get back to sleep, if you need me i'll be in the throne room, or in my bed chambers. Good day Twilight, good day Spike"

Celestia smiles and turns around, and walks back toward the castle, Twilight quickly runs back upstairs and pulls the book out from under the bed and flips through the pages and comes to a page in the book, completely untouched by time, she reads through the family tree starting with Writing Glory and finishing with two names, "Celestia Sunfire and Luna Moonshine..." Twilight's eyes widen in disbelief, she packs the book in her saddle bag and runs off to find Celestia.

~~~

Twilight runs through the streets of Canterlot running past multiple shops, book stores, even a store that was once owned by Rarity for a while. Twilight gets to a set of stairs and begins to run up the large staircase toward the giant doors that lead into the castles grand staircase. Unicorn guards open the doors for Twilight granting her entrance into the castle.
Twilight runs to the throne room to see it empty, she then runs to the garden to see Celestia smelling a rose.

"Princess"

Celestia looks at Twilight. "Twilight, whats the matter?." Twilight takes a moment to catch her breath.

"I found a book about somepony called Writing Glory and i want to know who she is, could you tell me who your mother was Princess??"

Celestia smiles widely as though she had been waiting for Twilight to ask that question. Twilight levitates the book out of her saddle bag in which Celestia takes it and opens it up. She scans the pages then discovers the family tree page.

"Th-this is inaccurate my mother was the beginning of the universe no alicorn predated her, and this artwork of her is also wrong.... "

"Um... Princess, you do know that the pages are ruined and the words are unreadable?"

Celestia shakes her head "The words aren't worn away, they are ancient Equestrian."

Twilight looks at Celestia and Celestia looks back at Twilight and gives her a smile.

"I think it's about time you found out about the forgotten history of Equestria, and the story of my mothers life as the 1st Princess and Queen of Equestria."

Celestia leads Twilight down the hall to the outside. They walk down the outside stairs and take a chariot to the old school house where Twilight learned the most from Celestia but halfway there Celestia begins to tell Twilight about the begging, the beginning of Equestria, the World, The Universe.

~~~

200 millenniums ago, dark matter has begun to pulsate, twist and move on it's own for the first time since it's existence. The matter slowly expands a thousand time more and greater then the pony world until it reshapes and shrinks into the shape of a filly curled up and sleeping. Soon the dark matter disperses and the filly gains colour, a horn a pair of wings, and a long red mane and tail. The filly slowly opens her eyes. they glow a light blue in the darkness of the void. The Alicorn filly Yawns and looks around.

The dark matter that was once around is drained away into the fillies horn until it's all gone. The filly stands and looks around the now desolate white space that was once filled with black, dark, energy; She keeps looking around and makes small helpless neighs that echo all around her, as though trying to find somepony, anypony. Little does she know that at this moment in time, she is horribly alone.

The filly begins to walk in a direction. not a specific direction, but a direction, hoping to find Sompony in this cold empty place, she walks for days and days and days on end until one day she stops and sits down. Tears begin to fall from her eyes and soon her sobbing becomes a lonely unheard cry. She wails in sadness, but her tears and sniffling cease as she discovers a blank book, ink and quill, fabricated by her mind, she picks up the Book, opens to the front page, levitates the quill and writes everything that's on her mind. Every time she writes a specific word comes into existence, it isn't very long until this little filly realizes she can create a place to call.... home.

=====================================================================