• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 1,905 Views, 9 Comments

Into the Beginning: The Life of Writing Glory - Chaos Phantasm



How did the pony world come to be? Where did the Changelings come from? Where did the rule of Celestia and Luna begin? A familiar Purple Unicorn aims to find out.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,905

Chapter 15: Journey to The Crystal Empire.

The Life of Writing Glory

By Chaos Phantasm

=====================================================================

Chapter 15

Journey to The Crystal Empire

=====================

Writing Glory, clad in her princess dress, the Elements of Harmony on her head, sat on a throne, watching as the ashes of Dawning Sword, and countless others, were taken to be buried, they are carried through the streets of canterlot, heartbroken and devastated wives and children, Mothers and Fathers, siblings, uncles, and kin altogether lined the streets paying their last respects to their fallen family. Destiny Charge watched the urn of the one she loved being taken into his families crypt, Destiny whispered a final goodbye to the one she loved before turning away and returning to the Canterlot palace, where the Cake family, Blinding Flash, and Writing Glory were privately cremating Clover the Clever, Destiny arrives and lights the pyre, cremating the alicorn. Destiny watches sadly for a moment, then turns away and goes to her room. Writing Glory watches her, filled with worry for the creamy blue alicorn but her worry then turns back to Mira and Clara, and defeating Shadow. The desire to reason and proposing a peace treaty was out of the question, Writing Glory levitated the Elements of Harmony in front of her, and looks at it, examine it, and decides to use it to defeat shadow for good. Hours later around about supper time, the fausticorn went into Zecoras room to talk with her.

"Good evening princess is there sometin you want?"

"I want to know more about Shadow, his armor, and The Alicorn Amulet."

Zecora looks at the queen and smiles.

"A sickly colt he was at birth, sickly still in his youth, he was abused which started a raging fire. At age 8 he stopped aging, his anger grew as did his lust for love, friendship and such. Though he never got it, The Alicorn Armor gave him the greatest power of all. But with the Alicorn Amulet, he will be unstoppable."

Writing Glory thinks about that for a moment.

"Can the Elements of Harmony stop him?"

Zecora looks up from her scroll back at Writing Glory, and nods. Writing Glory goes to dinning hall to eat over 35 sandwiches. Wonder watches as his wife ravenously devours the food laid out for them, Destiny eats very little, and shows signs of depression. The queen takes notice quickly.

"Destiny, may I speak with you in the throne room?"

Destiny nods and gets out of her chair and walks with the queen into the throne room. Writing Glory tells the guards to leave so she and Destiny may speak alone.

"You are suffering from depression aren't you?"

Destiny sighs. "I guess so..."

"You need help, staying depressed isn't good, I should know, I've been there. it was horrible. The feeling of sadness is over whelming and you'll soon wish it to stop and jump off a balcony..."

"You're referring to yourself."

Writing Glory nods

"I'm an example."

"Could... could Star Swirl the Bearded... or Zecora help me?"

Writing Glory thinks for a moment.

"Perhaps, I'll talk to them."

Destiny smiles. "Thank you."

After dinner Writing Glory goes to her bed chambers, she gently gets into bed and levitates the blankets over her, and goes to sleep. Wonder comes in soon after to see his beloved mare sound asleep, Wonder hops in beside the queen and sleeps with her till morning. In the Crystal Empire, Shadow had been regrowing his army which was now an army of two thousand. Shadow growls bestially having not retained his pony like appearance.

"Where are the Hyperions!!"

"All of them were wiped out on the battle field mi lord."

Shadow growls. "Then Make more!!!"

"Its not possible at this moment mi lord, there are no other brain dead soldiers left."

Shadow growls and breaks the neck of the steward then goes back to his bed chambers. In the dungeon Mira was defending Clara against a Timber Wolf. Mira uses a fire spell on it, setting the dog alight, it whimpers running around like a chicken.

"Told ya Timber Wolves were wimps."

Clara laughs then notices Mira trying to bend the bars of their cell with magic.

"Mira what are you doing? you know we can't get out."

Mira continues trying. "We have to try."

Mira strains a bit a keeps trying until her eyes are bloodshot, she then simply gives up. Clara sighs.

"I told you..."

Mira looks at Clara then looks upward annoyed. "Ugh!"

back in Canterlot the Canterlot army was rebuilding, Destiny reinstated herself as general and is assisting in the training of new recruits, Writing Glory has started to show inability to fight due to her pregnancy entering its second month. This is worrisome for the fausticorn as she is the only pony capable of using the Elements, having been gifted with the six aspects of friendship. Though this did not hinder her, she did the training no matter how difficult, however she didn't go to the training that required her to lay down or get down fast she still had a foal to worry about. Wonder gives the alicorn queen some apple cider and a subway sandwich as she watches the sword and hoof fighting training.

"Honey... I'm concerned."

"What about?" she takes a sip of cider and bites into her sandwich.

"Well... about... about confronting Shadow, on his turf. I was told about what happened at Green Glow Valley. I don't want our foal put in danger."

Writing Glory looks down.

"Lauren... I think it's best if you stay here."

Writing Glory looks at Wonder.

"You know that The Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop him now, I need to be there, to free Mira and to stop Shadow. Only I can use the Elements."

"I know sweetie I know." he sighs. "But is there an alternative? Anything that could lower the risk of losing our foal..."

Writing Glory come shakes her head. "Believe me Wonder, I don't want to put our foal in harms way to stop Shadow just as much as you do but there isn't any other way."

Wonder looks down looking frustrated. Writing Glory wraps a wing around her stallion and kisses his cheek, he blushes and looks at the fausticorn whose cheeks were bright red, she was looking at Wonder cutely. Wonder nuzzles the queen, and she nuzzles back, the Wonderbolt blue pegasus see's a pair of rotating drill pieces and smirks wildly then takes off toward them and starts flying between, around, and above them, narrowly escaping being cut up. He flies back round to Writing Glory and lands, winking at her. Writing Glory is not impressed.

"Reckless... you reckless Pegasus!!"

Writing Glory stands and backs Blinding Flash into a wall causing him to cower.

"You impossible, reckless, Pegasus I've told you not to do that stuff anymore..."

"I just wanted you to call me reckless again."

Writing Glory smiles and kisses Wonders cheek then goes to the royal living room with Wonder following. She lays down on her side on the couch and relaxes while wonder asks a maid for some more cider.

"Wonder, If I have anymore cider i'm going to get fat." Writing Glory started to whine tiredly.

"Then, no cider for you." Wonder smiles smugly .

The fausticorn slowly falls asleep and starts dreaming of Equestria in the future, Writing Glory looks at herself, she is a filly again, in the middle of the Canterlot throne room, she looks toward the throne to see a white alicorn, with a sun cutiemark, standing beside Twilight Sparkle.

"Writing Glory, come to mama sweetie."

The white alicorn got down to the fausticorns height, with a welcoming smile, the filly fausticorn smiles and runs toward the sun alicorn and nuzzles her gently with the princess nuzzling back. Twilight Sparkle and her friends, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, smiles at the filly bringing an even bigger smile to the filly Writing Glories face. throughout the dream Writing Glory laughs and plays with her adoptive dream mother and her students everything is perfect , no Shadow, no King Cocoon, no Crystal Empire, only happiness. The dream abruptly ends when the sounds of Shadows whispers penetrates the queens ears, She sits up, being mindful of her foal and looks around the room. She gets off the chair and continues to look around, she backs into a corner and a Shade of Shadow comes out from the ceiling and looks at the fausticorn grimly.

"Oh how so little time you have left to save the fillies, if you do not save them before the moon is full, their blood will stain the halls of the Crystal Palace, their heads will be my late wedding present to you alicorn."

Writing Glories anger begins the boil. "I will stop you."

"Then why haven't you?" Shadow laughs manically. "Perhaps you cannot hmm?"

Shadow laughs then disappears when Writing Glory fires a beam at him from her horn, Shadows laughter continues over and over, filling the queens mind with thoughts of Clara and Mira meeting their ends because of him. It becomes too much to bare, in a fit of anger Writing Glory screams at the top of her lungs, her magic raging out of control, shattering windows, tearing up floorboards and totally destroying the room. Maids, guards, Blinding Flash, and Destiny Charge run into the room to see Writing Glory losing control. The guards and maids try to stop her only to be pushed back violently by the magical sphere the queen has weaved around her. Wonder and Destiny then approach the orb making sure not to touch it, they then start trying to talk to Writing Glory to calm her down.

"Writing Glory stop, please calm down!"

The fausticorn looks at wonder. "Shadow must pay for his crimes, I must destroy him."

"You will get that chance your majesty, but fighting him like this will only allow him to gain the upper hand."

Wonder Charges into the sphere, hugging the fausticorn tightly and kissing her softly. This slowly causes the alicorn to calm down and make the sphere dissipates, Writing Glory stumbles in exhaustion from overusing her magic like that, Destiny and Wonder Bolt catch her and help her back to her hooves.

"W-what happened??"

"We don't know your majesty, we heard you scream and came to see if you were alright, but when we came in you were releasing very destructive magic, you were out of control."

Writing Glory looks down. "I'm sorry... truly I am...."

Maids help up guards who were still getting over the knock back Writing Glories sphere caused, Blinding Flash and Destiny Charge try to comfort her only to be pushed past as the fausticorn runs out of the room upset that she had let Shadow get to her, her mood swings also have a role to play in this. She runs outside and flies over to the mountain steps and starts running up them toward her monastery, thinking that the deaths of everypony at Green Glow Valley was her fault. She trips over midway and grazes her front right knee. She limps the rest of the way into the monastery and locks the doors, crying.

"I'm sorry for everything everypony.... I am weak... I couldn't stop Shadow... I couldn't stop him..."

Writing Glory walks slowly into her libraries reading area and rests on the couch, she stays there for quite sometime until the sounds of a Bookshelf moving and a bright blue luminescent orb of light catch her attention. She raises her head to look at the light and approaches it, the light flies into the opened book case.

"This way my child, they're waiting for you."

Writing Glory raises and eyebrow and follows the odd light, cautious but curious.

"Who's waiting for me?"

"You will know, when they are here my friend."

Writing Glory recognizes the voice from somewhere, She tries to remember who the voice belongs to though she had forgotten over the thousands of years, they both reach the end of a giant bridge made out of the night sky, at the bottom of this massive bridge was a black lake of magic, the sky was the color of Lunas mane and tail, with a moon and stars shining and lighting the room up. Three stars stand out among the rest, The orb leads Writing Glory to the center of a large round platform at the end of the bridge, the room looked as though it was the inside of Mount Canter hollowed out when it really wasn't, this was another dimension that only the fausticorn could get into. The orb flies toward a light that had suddenly appeared it then turns into the spirit of an alicorn, not just any alicorn but the bonniecorn herself, Writing Glory sheds a tear and smiles.

"B-Bonnie?? is it really you?"

The Bonniecorn smiles warmly and nods.

"I haven't been called Bonniecorn in a long time, everypony has been calling me "Creative Talent" I think it's a very unfitting name for me. Oh but enough about me, you've grown so much since I last saw you, you were creating things far more spectacular then anything I could ever create."

"You taught me how to write, and more importantly paint, you gave me the inspiration to create my ponies from one of your paintings of the Pegasus called, "Twilight". you created a spectacular world before I did, I'm the creator of this universe, not the one you created."

Bonnie smiles. "I know, but this is not why i brought you here, some friends of yours wish to see you."

Another voice echos throughout the stars as three more stars come down and take the forms of Clover the Clever, Rose Skyfire, and Lemon Cake.

"None of our deaths were your fault." Clover smiles.

Writing Glory looks down. "Clover.. I..."

Clover hushes the fausticorn and smiles.

"Don't worry my friend, everypony has their time, I'm not afraid anymore."

Rose Skyfire comes forth. "You are afraid of the future, afraid of losing everypony you love to the monster Shadow, I was afraid he would harm Clara, I still am so very afraid... that's why I asked you for help because I know you and only you can save her and stop Shadow, Equestria needs you more then ever, and your foal would agree with me if it was born."

Writing Glory nods then looks at Lemon Cake.

"You can do anything if you put your mind to it, you can defeat shadow."

Writing Glory looks back at Creative Talent, looking for guidance from her also.

"Do what your heart tells you child, paint the way to victory my student. And bring peace to your world."

Clover, Rose, and Lemon disappear, Creative Talent turns around to do the same.

"Wait, Bonnie..."

Bonnie turns around and looks at Writing Glory, adjusting her glasses.

"Are you my spirit sister? and is Mira your daughter??"

Bonnie smiles warmly.

"I could be anything you wan't my dear, but I suppose in a way, yes we are sister. We created our own worlds and universes, differently I will admit, we ha dour falling outs and we argued but in the end you were so eager to learn and so precious, and I created Mira Silverblood for you, so technically speaking yes, she is my daughter, and right now she needs you. Raise her well fausticorn, raise her wisely."

In a flash of light bonniecorn returned to the stars and returns to her universe with Writing Glory watching with smiles and shedding even more tears, she looks down then runs outside of this pocket dimension back into her monastery, the bookcase closes up, the doors of the monastery fly open as the queen takes flight and returns to the castle, she lands on the balcony of her bedroom, folds up her wings and goes to the war room where Destiny Charge and Wonder Bolt are, Writing Glory enters the room and moves all their pieces in front of the crystal Empire. both Wonder and Destiny look at Writing Glory relieved she's feeling better but puzzled as to why she moved the pieces.

"He has stayed safe behind those walls long enough, Destiny Charge, round up the troops, the Dragons, the Wonderbolts, prepare the siege towers and the catapults. We are marching toward the Crystal Empire, their garrisons and strongholds and outposts have fallen. It's our turn to strike."

"And if we do manage to take The Crystal Empire, what will we do with Shadow?"

"I will imprison him with the Elements of Harmony, I will not allow him to continue with this war."

Destiny smiles and goes ahead with her orders, Blinding Flash smiles at the fausticorn and goes down to the armory. The crystal armies have been preparing fortifications, barriers, trenches, and such. Writing Glory and her army prepare to set out, onward to The Crystal Empire. Shadow gladly awaited Canterlots attack, unaware of what the queen of Equestria has in mind for the monster. Blinding Flash put on his Wonderbolt suit and goggles, Writing Glory donned her gold adamantium armor but instead of a helmet she wore The Elements of Harmony. Destiny put on her blue armor and stomped her hoof on the ground letting out a loud whinny. The Dragons roared, and the Wonderbolts took flight, led by Blinding Flash. Writing Glory and Destiny Charge together, lead the Canterlot armies onward to the Crystal Army once they are ready. They walk through the streets of Canterlot, through the arch, over the drawbridge. they spend a day travelling along the Neighagra river. As they near Neighagra Falls the sun begins to set, Writing Glory notices this and turns her head around, looking back at the army who are just catching up.

"Okay everypony we'll camp here."

the soldiers breath a sigh of relief and collapse, Destiny rolls her eyes and shouts at them.

"I'm didn't say you could sit around and relax soldier, get those tents up, get a fire going, make yourselves useful!!!"

Writing Glory, Wonder Bolt, and the Wonderbolts watch Destiny set the soldiers straight. Wonder and the other Wonderbolts sets up the royal tent, Writing Glory smiles and walks up to Blinding Flash and kisses him.

"Thank you darling." The fausticorn enters the tent followed by wonder.

~~~

Later the night was suddenly filled with soldiers and Pegasi screaming in agony and pain, followed by the sounds of a dog. The entire camp awakens, expecting crystal ponies but alas this is not so, Timber Wolves have entered the camp, sent by Shadow to kill as much of them as possible. The Wonderbolts fly downward, picking up and dropping the Timber Wolves from the air onto the hard ground below, breaking them. But it wasn't just Timber Wolves that were sent to massacre them, the fire begin to flicker, twist, and move on its own. A Hell Hound emerged from the fire, as did others. Writing Glory and Wonder Bolt exit their tent to see Timber Wolves, Hell Hounds, and the deathly Wargs either killing or being killed. Destiny Charge runs from two Wargs she uses her wings to back flip over them and onto their backs, she uses her horn to fire small energy needles into the monsters craniums effectively killing them. Wonder Bolt assists his comrades in fighting off the timber hounds whilst the Earth pony and Unicorn soldiers fight off Hell Hounds and Wargs. A white Warg attacks the queen knocking her down and biting her leg, she screams in pain then uses her magical abilities to get it off, killing it with a sword afterwards. She looks up to see Shadow standing admist the chaos staring villainous at the fausticorn. Writing Glory decides to unveil something she had banished from the would eons ago.

"Oh snow of ice and cold, I grant thee permission to return to Equestria, to smite thy foe and forever be apart of this world yet again!!"

Thunder began to rumble and lightning flashed in the sky above, the lightning bolts struck the Wargs as they continued their attack. Dark clouds began to roll in, a blizzard had started to blow, wildly and harshly, the ice sliced through the Hell Hounds sending them back from whence they came. as for the Wargs, they tried to flee the snow but are only buried in it. The blizzard worsens and becomes even more dangerous when Windigos start appearing. The sight of these terrors remind Writing Glory of what Clover had told her about them.

"Creatures that live and feed off of hatred and fighting. We were constantly threatened by the Windigos... that was until we came together as a united group and founded Equestria.... It saddens me that Platinum and Commander Hurricane betrayed us... If you ever see a Windigo, run, don't stand your ground, don't fight, don't huddle up by the fire, they will kill you, they are living wind, if you ever see one, if you are ever chased by one. Don't dawdle don't look at it just-"

"RUN!!!" Writing Glory shouts out in her royal Canterlot voice.

The entire army and Wonderbolts look up to see the Windigos fast approaching, bringing with them a killer frost. The Wonderbolts gather the supplies and weapons and fly their fastest, the entire army ran through the snow the Windigos howling not too far behind. Shadows hatred for the fausticorn fuels the Windigos coldness, soon the temperature drops to below Sub Zero yet the army continues to move onward toward the Falls. Many Wonderbolts and soldiers are caught in the Windigos ice trails where they are instantly frozen and killed, but something much worse happens the bodies of those caught in the ice trail begin to decompose, or liquefy until the flesh is completely turned into putrid coat colored fleshy mess covered in liquid on the ground, they are alive when this happens though. Writing Glory melts the Water Falls ice so that they may enter the Neighagra caves.

"C'mon everypony hurry hurry!"

Destiny tries to hurry the soldiers.

"You heard the queen soldiers get your flanks in them caves or there won't be no Cider and no mares to bed with when we get home!"

Blinding Flash looks back to see the Windigos getting closer, and some Wonderbolts slowing down, to save them; Blinding Flash charged his speed until his cutiemark glowed bright gold, he then lived up to his true name and flew faster then the speed of light to save his comrades and gets them to the cave. Just before the Windigos could finally get to them, Writing Glories unborn foal uses magic which through the fausticorn fires U.V energies from the queens horn, driving the ice spirits away. The fausticorn collapses from exhaustion passing out afterwards, she awakens later inside of the caves with Wonder watching over her.

"Oh, you're awake, I was starting to worry." Wonder nuzzles Writing Glory, she nuzzles back.

"What happened? Where are the Windigos?"

Destiny takes off her helmet. "Beaten back, they've been trying to get in here but, there isn't enough space for them to form in here. Guess even spirits have limitations."

Writing Glory places a hoof over her stomach and looks down at it.

"It isn't hurt is it?"

A medical pony comes forth.

"She is okay."

Writing Glory looks up at Medic Mare puzzled.

"She?"

Medic nods. "Your foal is a filly, healthy, and exhibiting no signs of defects."

Fausticorn continues trying to wrap her head around this.

"Wait wait wait... how can you tell if it's a filly, it hasn't been born yet and you couldn't have been able to tell if it's healthy until the 5th month."

Medic Mare puts down a thermometer and looks at the queen.

"I'm not certain if that's what you think. I am unsure of its true gender, I am merely saying that it could be a filly by the observations I've made during our venture."

Writing Glory raises an eyebrow. "Such as?"

"Such as your waist line, when a mare is pregnant with a colt their waistline is wider, and their stomach is larger. With fillies a mares waistline and stomach is almost unchanged though that will change as the pregnancy continues, but you show slightly less then you would with a colt, you'll show definitely but not as much. There are other things I've noted but I think you've heard enough."

"Thank you, but may I ask.. is it too early to determine the gender?"

Medic Mare nods meaning the foal could either be Colt of filly, Writing Glory lays back down as the soldiers continue to keep the fires going to warm up the cave, they are slowly snowed in by the blizzard at the caves exit. The Windigos howl in the distance, it sounds mostly like harmless wind from afar but the terror is still there, and how those howls will haunt them for years to come.

As the army recuperates and wait out the blizzard. Shadow had been trying constantly to torture Clara and Mira only to be stopped by his sister, Sapphire. Sapphire defends the fillies, stopping Shadow Strike from getting near them, angering the alicorn.

"They are only younglings brother, show some compassion!"

"Don't talk to me about Compassion dear sister, where was your compassion when I was shunted by society? Where was your compassion when I sent thousands of troops to their pathetic deaths? They, nor you deserve compassion. The only thing holding me back from tearing the flesh from your body is our shared blood."

Shadow growl but Sapphire holds holds her ground against him until he leaves in a fit of rage. Sapphire then gets down to the fillies heights and talk to them.

"It's okay he's gone now."

Mira steps away from the corner where Clara was hiding, showing no trust in the crystal Unicorn that defended them. Mira stares at Sapphire like she was just another crystal pony.

"I'm not your enemy, I am queen Writing Glories spy. You need not trust me but I do ask that you take the time to try, I can only stop my brother so much, if he attacks you mentally, i cannot help you..." Sapphire stands and gives the two fillies some food then leaves the dungeon.

Shadow steps onto the balcony where here charges his magic and fires down at the city, terrifying the Ponies and horrifying Sapphire. Shadow amplifies his powers with the alicorn amulet then fires a devastating attack on the city and populace driving The Crystal Empire into panic, Sapphire can only watch as her brother murders crystal ponies and makes them suffer.

"Look at them Sapphire, running around like ants afraid of the rain. They cannot serve The Crystal Empire, then they have no place...in...it..."

Shadows eyes are suddenly fixated on the coming snow storm approaching from the south and being fueled by the north, but that's not all he see's, the howl of the Windigos meet Shadows ears and on the horizon they appear only to stop upon hitting a barrier that protects the Crystal Empire. The spirits fill Shadow with a sense of dread and fear though he shows none of those emotions, he assumes a straight stance and turns around walking back inside as the Windigos circle the area outside the empire.

"Brother plea-"

"SILENCE Sapphire! You have wagged your tongue long enough!" Shadow walks down the hall to his private chambers to be alone.

Destiny Charge explores the Neighagra caves for a while, she finds cave paintings and changeling shells from when they molt their skin. The shells are centuries old, Writing Glory has started walking again, the power her unborn foal used drained so much energy from both of them. Wonder and multiple soldiers and Wonderbolts have been working to clear the snow, the Dragons help from the other side until the entrance is no longer blocked.

"Your majesty, the way has been cleared, the skies are clear and the snow has melted away, only white patches remain."

"Excellent, we must continue onward now, I sense the Alicorn Amulet has started to eat away at Shadows mind."

AS the army prepares to leave Destiny stumbles across a purple, wingless, baby Dragon with green spines on his body, the baby dragon crouches in the corner in fear looking up at Destiny afraid.

"Everypony wait, I found something." Destiny approaches the dragon slowly. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

"D-do you promise?" The baby dragon comes out a little.

Destiny smiles. "I promise."

The baby dragon comes out of the dark, he looks at the other ponies in the cave but is much more focused on Destiny. the creamy blue alicorn smiles at the little dragon warmly, he stops in front of Destiny and looks at her.

"Whats your name?"

The purple dragon looks down.

"My names Spike, whats yours?"

Destiny smiles even more.

"Destiny Charge."

In the present, Spike shakes his head in disbelief, a tad bit confused and freaked out.

"Wait wait wait... I'm in this story now?!"

Luna shakes her head. "The Spike that my mother knew was a different dragon, he looked like you, and you could say acted like you. But he wasn't you Spike."

Spike breaths a sigh of relief and Luna continues with the story where she left off.

~~~

After they left the Neighagra caves, Destiny Charge ordered the catapults be built in preparation for the upcoming attack. Destiny asks a Dragon to take Spike back to Canterlot to which the Dragon obliges and does so. Wonder and a small group of Wonderbolts scout ahead but turn back fast at the sight of Windigos on the Empires doorstep, Blinding Flash is the last to turn back, he takes the time to look around and determine where to strike. The army is surprised to see the Wonderbolts back so quickly and in terror.

"Halt, Why are you all so frightened and where is Wonder?"

"He's still ahead your majesty, we ran because there are Windigos just ahead."

Writing Glories fears act up, she runs forward and takes flight to find Wonder who was just flying back to the army, They fly into each other, Writing Glory is still very worried and checks to make sure Wonder is unharmed.

"You're not hurt are you?"

"I'm fine honey but I think i may know how to drive the Windigos away."

Writing Glory and Wonder fly back to the army and explain how they are going to drive the Windigos back and take The Crystal Empire at the same time, many ideas come forward but almost all of them are useless. Some involve baiting the Windigos, others involve bringing an end to the winter, but though these are good ideas, they are useless. Writing Glory realizes that the Windigos are not being drawn to them, there is a reason for this. Writing Glory feels no hate or desire to destroy Shadow, she only pities him and wishes to help him. But why the Windigos are not drawn by the rest of the army is a mystery, it seems the Windigos are focused on Shadows hatred and desire for war meaning if Writing Glory could get shadow to release his hatred for a moment the Windigos would go away, but even that would not stop them. The only thing they could do was fight them, but how. The howls of the Windigos are heard close by, they appear over the hill and see the Canterlot army below, they how like a cyclone and charge at Writing Glory and her troops. The fausticorn charges a beam and fires it from her horn at the Windigo, the magical stream hits the Windigo turning it into Vapor but it soon comes back, The fausticorn takes a step back afraid of what is about to follow. The Windigos charge once more this time without stopping. Not willing to accept defeat, Writing Glory uses the power of the Elements of Harmony to fight them, giving the queen greater agility and magical power that rivals The Alicorn Amulet. The fausticorn is the first one to directly challenge the Windigos and once she starts fighting, so do the others. While the pegasi and earth ponies offered support, the two alicorns and the Unicorns fight off the ice spirits using magic. due to her immortality and regenerative abilities, Writing Glory deals major blows to the Windigos. using her magic to weaken the creatures then knocking them to the ground where Destiny Charge and the other Unicorns fired super heated beams from their horns. This weakened the Windigos almost to the point of retreating until the temperature dropped to sub-zero, and the Unicorns and alicorns started getting weaker. Their desire to fight had allowed the spirits to grow stronger and become a monster with the power to cause mass extinctions.

"What is that?"

Wonder looks at the Super Windigo in aw, as did the other pegasi and earth ponies, but the Unicorns, Destiny, and Writing Glory did not share in their amazement, they once again fired super heated beams at the Windigo to no avail. The beast took in a deep breath and blew it's hardest on them, blowing them down, using her wings as a shield the fausticorn managed to stay on her hooves and remain where she was, though the force of the wind still caused her to slide backwards slightly. The Windigo then fired a breath of burning ice at the alicorn narrowly missing her but making the fausticorn nervous, she looks up at the snarling ice monster an furrows her eyebrows looking more serious, she takes a stance and charges her horn and the Elements of Harmony.

"I'll teach you to attack my subjects."

Writing Glory rears up on her hind legs throwing her head back slightly, neighing loudly then coming back down and fireing a powerful ray of power from the Element of friendship in the center of the crown, turning the giant Windigo into an ice sculptures. The massive power drain cause the elements of Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, and Laughter to crack slightly but not majorly. The Windigos break free of their prison and escape back from whence they came. Writing Glory collapses weakly and pants heavily. Wonder runs to her side and helps her up.

"You going to be okay?"

"Yes... I'll be fine."

The queen takes many deep breaths and takes a moment before recovering her strength so she can stand, as the frosty mist clears the all too noticeable gates of The Crystal Empire are seen glittering. Thunder rumbles and lightning strikes the Crystal towers. Writing Glory glares toward the Empire, full of hate, and the desire to avenge all those Shadow has killed the past 2 years

Shadow stands atop the Crystal Palaces tower looking down at the Canterlot army, his eyes flash red for a moment then, he retreats back into his palace to prepare his army and to prepare for the ultimate sacking of The Crystal Empire.

=====================================================================

Author's Note:

The Spike that Destiny Charge interacts with is in fact the Generation 01 My Little Pony 1980s Spike and not the Friendship is Magic Spike, whom gets a brief cameo along with Luna in this chapter.

I had no idea what name to give the Bonniecorn so "Creative Talent" is just a place holder name until a name is suggested or I think of one that actually fits.