• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 1,905 Views, 9 Comments

Into the Beginning: The Life of Writing Glory - Chaos Phantasm



How did the pony world come to be? Where did the Changelings come from? Where did the rule of Celestia and Luna begin? A familiar Purple Unicorn aims to find out.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,905

Chapter 9: The Impossible Pegasus.

The Life of Writing Glory

By Chaos Phantasm

=====================================================================

Chapter 9

The Impossible Pegasus

===============

A few thousand years have passed since Platinums release and the princess got over her depression. Equestria had gone through many changes, the kingdom of Cloudsdale had become a city, and not a separate kingdom like it once was. Writing Glory has become bored with her royal duties and wishes for something exciting to happen for once.

Writing Glory gets up from the throne and walks into the garden to think, she sits beside a statue of Star Swirl the Bearded and looks at the grass, then at the bird bath, then finally the windows of the throne which depicts only four of her achievements. The Fausticorn stands up and walks to the town square to visit the orphans. Writing Glory walks past a Statue of herself down the street toward the orphanage, she knocks on the door and waits for an answer. The door is opened by Christa Lighthoof.

"Oh Princess Writing Glory it's wonderful to see you visiting, please come in, the foals will be so happy to see you."

Writing Glory smiles and enters the building, all the foals notice the princess and immediately flock to see her, all of them having something to talk about or wanting to get to know her. The Princess Smiles happily and enjoys seeing the foals.

"How is everypony? I haven't seen you lot for a while now, look at how much you've grown."

A pink filly with green and yellow streaks in her mane run up to the princess as she pulls out a story to read them all.

"Princess, Princess, a new foal has come to the orphanage recently"

"Oh really? where is she?" The fausticorn looks around the group.

"She's over there in the corner"

the filly points in the direction of another filly. A white filly with blond mane and tail and blue eyes sits in the corner of the room, she already has a cutiemark which looks like a Silver Blood drop. The princess puts the book down and approaches the filly.

"Hello little one, are you feeling alright?"

The filly shakes her head

"Whats the matter?"

"I don't want to talk about it" The filly doesn't look at Writing Glory.

"Talking about it would help you know, when I'm upset about something I talk to my friends about it that always cheers me up." The princess smiles. the filly doesn't answer the princess and continues staring at the floor making Writing Glory look sad.

"Well.. could you tell me your name?"

The filly takes a while to reply, the princess waits a while but the filly continues to be non responsive. The alicorn sighs and gets up to read a story to the other foals until this mystery filly finally speaks up.

"Mira Silverblood.... My name is Mira Silverblood"

The Princess turns looks at Mira and smiles.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mira. You are welcome to join the group in story time, you may sit beside me if you'd like."

The Filly instantly lightens up and looks at the princess and nods in acceptance. The princess smiles and they walk over to the circle and take their places. Writing Glory opens to the front page of the book, and begins reading to the children. They sit close to the alicorn as she reads. At the castle Clover the Clever looks around for the princess, she checks the bedroom, the throne room, the garden, and the monastery but it is unable to find her. Clover returns to the castle and expresses worry about the princesses whereabouts.

After story time, the princess played with the foals for an hour before the children had to lie down for nap time, all the foals did except one. Mira Silverblood looked at the Princess as she placed gifts for all the children under a Christmas tree.

"Princess..."

The fausticorn looks at Mira, tuns and walks over to her getting down to her height.

"Whats the matter Mira?"

Mira looks down a little.

"Could... could you be my mommy, please?"

The princess smiles and nods once bringing a big happy smiles to the fillies face and making her tear up. The filly jumps at the princess hugging her.

"Thank you thank you thank you"

The princess giggles and nuzzles Mira.

"I'll sign the adoption papers then you can come to the castle with me." Writing Glory smiles as does the filly.

"I'll go get my stuff and say bye to everypony before we get going, thank you again mommy." Mira jumps up and down happily, she turns around and runs to her room to get her stuff.

The princess approaches Christa Lighthoof and signs some adoption papers, she puts the quill in its inkwell and waits in the doorway for Mira. Writing Glory watches Mira say bye to the friends she had made in the orphanage, even saying goodbye to friends she could've had. After all the teary goodbyes Mira trots over to the princess, Writing Glory nuzzles Mira gently and then they begin walking back to the palace. On the way there multiple Pegasi fly above the city performing all sorts of maneuvers and showing off many flying skills, even nosediving and pulling back up quickly before crashing into the ground.

"Mommy mommy, can we watch the Pegasus?" Mira looks up at Writing Glory, the princess looks down back at Mira then looks back up at the performance and smiles.

"I don't see why not."

"YAY!" Mira jumps around happily and runs in the direction of the Pegasus performer. Writing Glory following close behind.

The princess and Mira Silverblood, arrive back in the city courtyard to see a crowd of ponies gathering around a makeshift stage, similar to what Trixie stood on in her debut. There is a sign above the stage with words saying, "Come see the amazing Wonder Bolt." Writing Glory tilts her head while reading to see past a Clydesdale. A Pegasus lands on stage sparking cheers and applause, he was a kind of celebrity back in Cloudsdale. The Pegasus had a yellow thunderbolt like mark on his underbelly, he had a blue coat, lighter blue muzzle similar to Soarins. The Pegasus also had dark blue mane and Tail, his cutiemark was interesting as it was a yellow lightning bolt with small angel wings at the top, there was yellow motion blur coming behind the cutimark which meant speed. His eyes were emerald green though her wore gray goggles with yellow lenses.

"Hello everypony how have you all been?! it's been a while since I last visited Canterlot, I'v missed you all so much. But hey I'm back and I'v got some new material you'll all enjoy!!"

Everypony gets hyped up except the princess, the Pegasus runs from one end of the stage to the other then turns around and charges at a ramp, flapping his wings as fast as he can. He gains speed and lift as he reaches the ramp he doesn't crash into it, he instead takes off upward creating jet like sounds as he flies at irregular speeds. The princesses expectations are crushed as the Pegasus is launched sky high, gobsmacked the princesses jaw drops. This Wonder Bolt comes back down in a ball of fire as though he had left the atmosphere and is returning. His speed is unlike any normal speed an average Pegasus can achieve. As he descends his wings catch fire but he doesn't mind, it is exactly as planned. As her nears the ground which if he crashed into would surely kill him, his wings come out of hiding and he immediately turns his wings like flaps on an areoplane and immediately jolts him upward astonishing the audiences and the princess. The Pegasus flies above the palace of canterlot and flaps his wings once causing the flames to create the image of a Phoenix above the towers, the fires on his wings dissipate and leave his wings unharmed. The Wonder Bolt then lands on the stage and bows as he is applauded and cheered.

"Thank you, thank you everypony you are much too kind, now before I start my next performance, are there any questions??"

"I have one."

The performer looks in the direction the voice came from as everypony makes way for their princess.

"Why would you do such dangerous performances for the public, knowing you could die if you mess up?"

the princess had walked up to the stage and jumped up onto it with support of her wings, she walks up to the Wonder Bolt and looks down at him. The Wonder Bolt is only half of the fausticorns height at this time.

"For the thrill, going so fast and doing dangerous stunts is amazing, exciting and..."

"Reckless," the Princess interrupts. "Your "stunts" are the most reckless acts of arrogance I have ever seen. Putting your life at risk just to entertain the public all over Equestria is just...just... reckless!"

"I'm sorry if I have offended you your highness truly I am, and if it makes you feel batter..." he pulls out some flowers, Midnight Blossoms and Everfree violets. "I got these just for you."

The audience thinks that the gesture is rather romantic, the princesses face lights up bright red, she slowly takes the flowers and levitates them in front of her and smells them. She is grateful for the flowers but is otherwise unimpressed.

"Thank you for the flowers but, they will not change my mind in any way."

"Very well then." The Pegasus bows and the princess hops down from the stage.

"Mira, come along sweetie we're going home."

"But I wanna watch the Pegasus."

"I know sweetie but we really must get going."

"Okay mommy."

The princess and the Unicorn filly begin walking back to Canterlot Castle.

~~~

They both arrive at the castle in 20 minutes but both Writing Glory and Mira Silverblood were exhausted from the long walk, a Unicorn guard informs Clover the Clever that the princess has returned and is in her bed chambers. Clover gets up from the throne and hurries to the bedroom to see the princess isn't in there, the sounds of a fillies laughter catches the lesser alicorns attention and she investigates the room connected to the royal bedroom. Clover approaches the door and opens it to see the princess helping Mira set her room up.

"Welcome back your highness."

the princess turns her head in Clovers direction and smiles.

"Hello Clover, I'm sorry about disappearing this morning i wanted to visit the orphanage."

"Without letting anypony know?"

The princess looks nervously at Clover the Clever.

"That was a mistake on my part, I did not mean to shirk my royal duties."

Clover smiles walking over to the princess.

"It's fine, you deserve just as much freedom as anypony else, but your duties are important Princess."

Clover quickly turns her attention to Mira who is putting her stuff on a shelf.

"Who's this little filly?" Clover is suddenly taken over by the extreme cuteness Mira displays sometimes.

"This is Mira Silverblood, my new adopted daughter."

Clover begins playing with Mira as the princess looks on happily, but she cannot stay for long. Writing Glory exits the room and dons her princess attire, places the Elements of Harmony on her head and goes to the throne room to catch up on Royal duties. The one duties that has not been done yet by Clover nor the princess was providing deciding on whether or not the cake families business should remain. Due to ties the Cakes have with the princess, Writing Glory ensures that the cake family is not put out of business. Writing Glory quickly begins to feel bored once again and with the last duty taken care of, she goes to Star Swirl the Beardeds laboratory to see what the old Unicorn has been up to.

"How you are still alive is a mystery to me Star Swirl the Bearded."

Star Swirl looks at his labs entrance to see the Princess.

"Oh my long life is probably because of powerful magic, or because i am lucky."

"I prefer to think of it as magic."

The princess smiles and looks at what Star Swirl the Bearded is doing, the old Unicorn is trying to fix a device that can raise and lower the sun and moon.

"What are you doing? is this the..."

"Day Night shifter? yes, yes it is."

The princess becomes concerned fast.

"Whats wrong with it? It isn't broken is it??"

"I'm sorry but yes it is, it must have been damaged during that storm we had a few days ago."

The princess starts to worry. "Please fix it as fast as possible Star Swirl the Bearded, until it is fixed I will lower and raise the sun and moon manually."

Writing Glory leaves the room and goes to the tower of Dusk and begins to lower the sun slowly. As she does the feeling of dread comes over her as well as the feeling of something terrible, and how a storm is approaching, one that will determine the fate of Equestria. at 6:05 PM, the princess goes to the royal dining hall for a healthy supper. A fruit salad lies in front of Princess Writing Glory, and her adoptive daughter. The princess looks at Mira and feels that she deserves the title of Princess, but that would mean Writing Glory would have to become queen, however it is more difficult then it seems.

"To become Queen my mother needed to be married, but mother didn't have any suitors." Princess Luna explained.

"So... you and Princess Celestia could become queens if you married?"

Luna nods "Yes Twilight Sparkle that is correct, my dear sister has been wedded once, but she never got the title."

Spike raises his claw like a student in a class and waits for Luna to call him out.

"Yes Spike what is your question?"

Spike lowers his claw and clears his throat. "So how did Writing Glory become queen?"

"Listen to my tale and your question shall be answered?"

Twilight and Spike nod and with that, Luna continues.

Back in the past, Writing Glory puts Mira to bed, pulling the sheets over her and giving Mira her teddy bear.

"Goodnight Mira."

Mira yawns. "Goodnight mommy."

Mira falls asleep quickly bringing a smile to the fausticorns face. She kisses Miras forehead and leaves the room quietly, shutting the door gently so she does not wake Mira. Writing Glory walks to her bed and climbs into it after writing a brief entry in her diary. Writing Glory blows out the candle and goes to sleep. at 5:30 AM princess Writing Glory awakens and goes to the Tower of Dawn to raise the sun, after that she changes into her princess attire and goes to dinner. Destiny Charge arrives with her mother, Clover the Clever, to help the princess and her new adoptive daughter. Clover enters the dinning hall.

"Good morning Princess."

Writing Glory swallows an apple and looks at Clover.

"Good morning Clover, good morning Destiny Charge."

Destiny charge bows. "Good morning your highness."

"So Clover, what are my duties today?" the princess stands and walks to the throne room with Clover by her side.

"Well there isn't much to do, only three social calls and that's about it." Clover finishes reading from a scroll and looks at the princess.

"Excuse me Destiny, could go and wake up Mira please? she's in the bedroom connected to mine." She smiles.

"Yes your highness." Destiny Charge goes to the royal bedchambers to do as she is told.

The princess and Clover arrive in the throne room, Writing Glory sits down on the throne and looks at the scroll.

"The duke of cloudesdale wishes to have tea, the minister of entertainment wishes to see me in the slowly developing Las Pegasus...." the princess sighs.

"Shall i decline the ministers offer?" Clover gives a nervous smile.

"Please do, and leave the dukes offer open please."

Writing Glory looks at the last social call and is taken back a little, she blinks twice and squints her eyes reading the last request closer before pulling her head back and blinking three times, shaking her head.

"Something wrong Writing Glory?"

"The Amazing Wonder Bolt wishes to have dinner with me tonight...."

Clover lights up.

"A stallion wishes to have dinner with you?! that's so romantic, you should take him up on that. He could be destined to be your special somepony." Clover says excitedly.

The fausticorn sighs "He's reckless and arrogant, I'm not interested in ponies Pegasi or Unicorns that would risk their lives to entertain."

"Give him a chance Princess, from what the rumors say that he fancies you."

Writing Glory laughs the loudest shes laughed ever, Clover the Clever, and maids and guards in the room stare at the princess. After 2 minutes Writing Glory ceases laughing and regains her composure.

"Alright I will have dinner with him, only to thank him for the flowers."

Clover smiles and bows shortly gets to work on sending a letter to; The Amazing Wonder Bolt. Writing Glory sighs and gets up from the throne, walking over to the balcony looking over Canterlot city, she spots the "Wonder Bolt" in the court yard, he is talking and playing with young foals showing he is good with kids. The fausticorn spaces out for a bit until a bird flies by. Writing Glory watches the bird then spots a lizard scaling the wall which gives the light goldish gray alicorn and idea. she retreats to her study in her monastery to focus.

Writing Glory opens a book and starts writing about majestic flying creatures, reptiles that breath fire and roar. She writes for hours and hours stopping at 5:28 PM to lower the sun and raise the moon. She returns to the palace and nuzzles Mira whom had been waiting for the fausticorn to return.

"Mommy that Pegasus that was doing to cool tricks is having dinner tonight!"

"Is he really? well then lets go meet him, and remember to be on your best behavior alright Mira?" Writing Glory smiles and so does Mira.

They both walk together to the dinning hall where the Pegasus is waiting.

"Good evening your highness" the Pegasus bows respectfully to the princess.

"Please stand Wonder Bolt, you do not need to bow to me."

The Pegasus stands and looks up at the princess. "thank you for accepting request."

"It's the least I can do for a visitor. Allow me to introduce my adoptive daughter, Mira Silverblood."

Mira slowly comes out of hiding and curtsies. "Hello mister."

The Pegasus bows with a smile. "Good evening miss Mira."

The fausticorn smiles and sits down, Mira sits in Chrysalises old seat while the Wonder Bolt sits opposite of Mira. the dinner served was carrot soup, they all begin eating but the princess is full of questions and is eager to ask. after dinner and after Mira has been put to bed, The Wonder Bolt and the princess takes a stroll in the Canterlot garden.

"So mister "Wonder Bolt", what is your true name?"

The Pegasus smiles. "Names are a powerful thing princess, my name's Blinding Flash."

The princess smiles. "So your name means speed, how ironic." the princesses face turns into a serious looking face.

"Though, you shouldn't be doing such performances such as the one you demonstrated earlier, those reckless stunts will be the death of you. That is unless you stop."

"It's not that simple, i'v always liked going fast and these death defying acts is what keeps me fed."

The princess stops walking and Blinding Flash jumps on a brick railing.

"You are without a job?"

Blinding flash nods looking embarrassed. Writing Glory giggles and smiles.

"I could find you something to do, something safer."

"If your gonna send me to work at the Rainbow Factory, forget it that place is too spooky."

The princess laughs prompting Blinding Flash to laugh also.

"What you did yesterday... with the flowers that was... that was nice," the princesses cheeks flush bright red, she shyly looks down smiling. "Thank you."

"Your welcome princess."

"Please call me Writing Glory, or.... Lauren if you prefer"

Blinding Flash smiles warmer then before. "Very well then, Lauren."

The fausticorn giggles uncontrollably and doesn't understand why she's doing it. they keep walking through the garden for a few more hours, stopping by the fountain to rest.

"It's getting late, you should go to bed Lauren."

Writing Glory shakes her head. "I'm far too interested in getting to know you to sleep."

Blinding Flash chuckles. "Well, we can catch up tomorrow maybe?"

Writing Glory nods. "Yeah... maybe."

She smiles and says goodnight to Blinding Flash as he takes off flying to his caravan, the fausticorn goes to her bedroom and writes an entry in her diary before going to be feeling happier then she has ever been.

~~~

Birds chirp as the sun rises the next morning, the bright rays of the dawning sun shine through the windows of the Princesses room. Writing Glory continues sleeping blissfully and contently until Mira jumps on the bed, waking up the dear princess.

"Wake up mommy! Wake up!" Mira giggles playfully as Writing Glory yawns and sits up.

"Good morning my little pony." the fausticorn nuzzles Mira gently, Mira Nuzzles back.

Clover enters the room and smiles at Writing Glory.

"Up early are we Writing Glory?" Clover smiles smugly.

"I had some motivation didn't I Mira?"

Mira nods with a big childish smiles. Writing Glory climbs out of bed and stretches, body first then wings then yawns again, covering her mouth with her right wing. Clover opens a scroll and reads it out to Writing Glory however she quickly stops reading as the princess explains that she's spending the day with Blinding Flash.

"Oh? taking things slow with your soul mate are we?"

Writing Glories face is flushed. "We're just friends we aren't dating."

"Mommy look"

Mira points at the sky from the balcony with her hoof, Clover the Clever and Writing Glory rush to the balcony to see what Mira is looking at, they then see Blinding Flash performing a reckless stunt to impress the princess. Blinding Flash flies up from the city courtyard and flies around a tower three times, he then plummets to the ground changing his course and flight direction just inches from the pavement, he launches upward and runs up the tower to the balcony and jumps away from it, loops around and lands on the balcony after Writing Glory, Clover the clever and Mira back away.

"Good morning everypony."

Writing Glory looks unimpressed once again, Mira hides behind the princess while clover hovers inches above the floor.

Writing Glory closes her eyes shakes her head. "Reckless..."

Later Writing Glory, Blinding Flash, Mira Silverblood, and Clover the Clever all go to breakfast, multiple guards that have fancied Writing Glory give Blinding Flash not so nice looks as he passes them. In the dining hall the group take their seats, Blinding Flash sits opposite of Mira while Clover merely writes letters to Banks and other businesses that need Questas to keep them running. Writing Glory is served some oatmeal, Mira is given her favorite cereal rainbow loops, while Blinding Flash is given grain. The fausticorn swaps food with Blinding Flash, giving him her oatmeal instead. Blinding Flash looks up at Writing Glory and smiles.

After breakfast Writing Glory, Mira, and Blinding Flash go for a stroll around Canterlot, as they walk around they see fliers for a carnival up in Cloudsdale. Blinding Flash asks the princess if she'd like to go, Writing Glory smiles and nods.

"Can I come Mommy??"

Writing Glory looks at Mira and looks at Blinding Flash then back at Mira.

"Well, I suppose you could come, but you don't have any wings, you'd fall through the clouds if you tried to walk on them."

Blinding Flash gets an idea.

"Isn't there like a kind of spell that can give her wings?"

"No there isn't."

A butterfly flutters down toward Writing Glory, the alicorn princess notices the insect and notices it's wings and how they look as though they were made from dew drops this gives Writing Glory an idea which she acts on the following morning. Writing Glory stands in a field collecting dew drops and turning them into butterfly wings for Mira. Mira runs down to the park to see what the fausticorn is doing.

"What are you doing mommy?"

"I'm working on a spell sweetie, don't move keep perfectly still."

Writing Glory holds in her magic water in the shape of Butterfly wings, she carefully places it on Miras back then in a flash of light, the water becomes a set of beautiful butterfly wings. Mira looks at the wings even turning around 360 to have a better look.

"I have wings! Mommy I have wings!"

Writing Glory smiles. "And they look beautiful honey, but you only have them for a day."

"Why? where are we going?"

"You, Blinding Flash, and I, are going to the carnival in Cloudsdale for the day."

Mira is speechless all she could do was jump around in happiness squealing. Writing Glory chuckles, she turns around to see a bouquet of flowers being offered to her by the blue Pegasus making Writing Glory blush brightly like glow stone.

"For the most beautiful mare in all Equestria" Blinding Flash smiles.

Speechless, Writing Glory takes the flowers, Levitating them in front of her to smell them. She smiles and looks at Blinding Flash and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you."

Blinding Flash swoons a little making the princess giggle just before she and Mira go to the carriage that will take them to Cloudsdale.

"Oh Wonder Bolt, we're going now."

Blinding Flash shakes his head and turns around and runs toward the chariot.

"Wait for me!"

~~~

They arrive in Cloudesdale in an hours time, Mira jumps out of the carriage eager to go on rides and play games. She looks at all the Pegasi walking around then sees a giant rainbow slide, she soon runs off to play.

"Don't go too far Mira, and don't fly!" Writing Glory watches Mira worriedly before looking at Blinding Flash. "Are you sure Cloudesdale is safe?"

"She should be but just to be safe, lets go find her."

Blinding Flash takes Writing Glories hoof, running toward the carnival with her. They find Mira trying to win a prize at a game of whack-a-dog but she keeps missing the Diamond Dog whenever it pops up. Mira throws down the bat and pouts, Blinding Flash walks up to the counter and pays one questa, the Doctor Whooves looking Pegasus hands Blinding Flash a bat which he politely declines using, the Doctor Whooves Pegasus turns the machine on and the Diamond Dogs start showing up. Writing Glory, and Mira Silverblood watch in aw as Blinding Flash uses his superior speed and hooves to whack the Diamond Dogs as soon as they pop up, scoring more points then a regular pony would in an average game. Ultimately he wins a prize for Mira, giving her an Alicorn Twilight Sparkle plush. Mira takes one look at it and asks for the Unicorn Twilight Sparkle plush, the Alicorn plush is then traded in for the Unicorn one.

Afterwards Blinding Flash buys some cotton candy for Writing Glory and Mira, they sit down on marble stairs and eat. Writing Glory can't help but stare at Blinding Flash, her face goes that is until Blinding Flash looks in her direction causing her to bury her face in her cotton candy, eyes closed tightly, face deeply red.

"Umm... Writing Glory.. you okay?" Blinding Flash asks nervously.

Later the three of them go on many other attractions, the ferries wheel, a house of horrors. In the hall of mirrors Blinding Flash looks into a mirror, his reflection shows a very manly Pegasus in Wonderbolt gear, Miras reflection is that of a regal looking Rarity, Writing Glory looks in a mirror beside Miras expecting to looking anorexic but instead her reflection is that of a demonic looking Nightmare Moon, Writing Glory rubs her eyes and looks at the mirror again to see an anorexic looking version of her in the original reflections place. After all that Mira decides she wants to ride on the the Pegacoaster, Writing Glory looks up to see this beast of a roller coaster and just how high it goes and almost faints, Blinding Flash catches her before she can fall.

"You okay Lauren?"

"Y-yeah I guess I am but I think I'll sit this one out that that looks awfully big and I'v been on more then enough rides today."

Blinding Flash smiles."Alrighty then."

He gives Writing Glory a kiss on the cheek before flying over to Mira and going on the roller coaster. Writing Glory walks over to a chair and sits down in it, she watches as Mira and Wonder Bolt get strapped in and the roller coaster begins its climb up the tracks to the top.Blinding Flash looks down at Writing Glory and waves at her, she waves back. Mira giggles excitedly though this quickly becomes a terrified scream as the coaster begins traveling around the tracks, loops, and clouds faster then Rainbow Dash on caffeine. Blinding Flash laughs wildly and can't help but grin like a madman as the coaster sped around the track faster and faster. Writing Glory watches in worry, fearing that Mira may be blown out of her seat by the wind that pushed against the ponies as the coaster continued its run. The coaster had started to slow down, it comes to a stop where it started, Blinding Flash and Mira unhook the seat belts and the safety bars are lifted, Writing Glory runs over to them.

"WOOHOOOO that... that was fantastic that was amazing, exhilarating, enthralling!!" Wonder Bolt is just so full of excitement.

"Calm down please Wonder," The fausticorn lowers her head to Miras height. "are you alright? you weren't scared were you?"

Mira nods. "I'm okay mommy, I was scared at first but Mister Wonder Bolt made me feel better." Mira smiles.

Writing Glory nuzzles Mira then starts talking to Blinding Flash, Mira sits down and watches the two adults talk, a hooded zebra runs up behind Mira, picks her up and throws her onto its back and runs past Writing Glory and Blinding Flash who saw the kidnapping.

"Mira!" Writing Glory fires beams of energy from her horn at the zebra, every shot misses.

"Please do not scream, if you behave I'll buy you an ice cream" The zebra rhymed, Mira scared and afraid, nods compliantly.

Writing Glory flies just above the zebra with Wonder Bolt following along. the fausticorn fires pink sparkly streams of energy at the kidnapper hoping it would stop them, she only stops when the zebra runs into the tunnel of love with Mira.

"I will not lose another filly, not again!!" Writing Glory screams in anger.

The zebra hides in the darkness, she looks down to see her front left hoof burning, this makes her angry. She puts Mira in a boat.

"W-what are you doing?" Mira asks shakily.

"Stay here and don't move, I'm going to make them pay for burning my hoove."

The cloaked kidnapper makes the the boat Miras in flow with the water as the fausticorn and the impossible Pegasus enter the tunnel. The zebra goes to a valve and turns it.

"Wonder, look over there, Miras in that boat, MIRA!" Writing Glory runs through the rainbow water toward the swan shaped boat. Blinding Flash follows along. Mira hears the of the alicorn princess and gets up and looks over the back of the boat and smiles.

"Mama i'm here!"

Writing Glory smiles wider and keeps running to the boat, Miras happy smile died as she made a face that showed fear as the tunnels entrance closed and the tunnel began to flood. Writing Glory and Blinding Flash look behind to see the flood, boats and other ponies trapped in the tunnel coming toward them, Writing Glory and Blinding Flash ran toward Mira only to be caught in the oncoming water, Miras boat is also submerged her along with it, the pipes in the room the zebra was hiding in burst sweeping her into the tunnel. They are pressed against the closed iron doors of the tunnels exit, the water pressure building. Writing Glory tries using magic to stop the water but her horn feels like it's being ripped from her head, Blinding Flash not wishing to drown uses his wings and legs to swim through the water toward the emergency switch. Blinding Flash pulls the lever down, with help from his wings which helped him fly downward so that the stuck rusting lever would work. The iron doors unlock and everypony is sucked out of the tunnel along with the water, the water and everypony that as trapped fall over the edge of Cloudesdale and hurtle toward the ground below, many Pegasi recover and are able to stop falling and start flying, except Writing Glory and Mira Silverblood.

Thinking fast, Blinding Flash flies up and grabs one of the falling boats then quickly flies back down.

"Hold on!!"

"What are you doing?!" Writing Glory holds Mira close.

Blinding Flash flies underneath them and positions the boat in the right place, Writing Glory and Mira falls into the boat causing it to plummet toward a lake, Blinding Flash falls into the boat beside Writing Glory. They all panic until the rainbow water fall slows down their descent, they hit the lake roughly but unharmed. Writing Glory hyperventilates, looks at Blinding Flash with a wild look in her eyes. Blinding Flash looks at her worried.

"You! are the most... reckless! Most impossible Pegasus I have ever met!!"

Writing Glory gets right into Blinding Flashes face as he leans back. Writing Glories angry tone and look changes to happy and grateful.

"Oh how I'm glad to have met you." Writing Glory suddenly closes her eyes and kisses Blinding Flash, catching the Pegasus off guard. The blue Pegasus gives in and closes his eyes returning the kiss to his new special somepony.

A loud splash nearby causes the pair to break the kiss, they look over to the middle of the lake to see the kidnapper floating on the spot, they retrieve her and return to Canterlot.

~~~

The day Writing Glory gained her first kiss became a romantic holiday now called, Hearts and Hooves Day. Writing Glory, clad in her princess attire and wearing the Elements of Harmony, sits on her throne, the zebra sits before the princess a prisoner on trial, Clover the Clever, Blinding Flash, numerous guards and civilians even Mira Silverblood, attend.

"What is you name?"

The zebra looks up and clears her throat. "My name is Zecora, daughter of Mahcora. I am mistress of magic and student of the sorceress."

"Zecora, forgive me for my rudeness but could you possibly speak normally? without the rhyming?"

Zecora smiles and stands.

"You are not being rude at all your highness, it is a habit of mine to talk with a rhyme, the Equestrian language is interesting, hard to learn. But it is not the cause of my rhymes, as it is merely the way I speak. Speaking the way you ponies do is difficult, maintaining this variation of speech takes great effort."

Blinding Flash tries to understand what Zecora said. Writing Glory allows Clover to write everything down before continuing.

"Why did you try and kidnap my adoptive daughter Mira Silverblood?"

Zecora chuckles slightly.

"This little filly is not adopted, nor is she your daughter."

"What do you mean?"

Zecora smiles at the princess.

"Do you not recognize her? She is the daughter of your spirit sister, you probably called her Bonniecorn. I took her to keep her safe from a storm that cannot be stopped."

Writing Glory is startled and confused, but is mostly disturbed and shocked that Zecora knows of the bonniecorn.

"Mira Silverblood is my niece?"

A ball of fire strikes the throne rooms wall from outside, making the windows shatter and the wall to crumble, many of the ponies in attendance are wounded and disoriented by the blast which would have surely killed them had the princess not put up a force field. The fausticorn looks outside the massive hole in the wall to see an army of Chrystal ponies, catapults and siege towers. Writing Glory looks on in horror as the 1st Great Pony War begins.

=====================================================================