• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 332 Views, 2 Comments

Adventures of the EIA: Equestrian Intelligence Agency - GuardianofRoin



As the list of enemies facing the Equestrian Monarchy grows, the need for intel grows more.

  • ...
 2
 332

A Flaming Shock

As a spy, you get used to the idea of traveling at the drop of a hat. It's not ideal, but you cant find an arms dealer half a country away. For some it's easy. For others, not so much

The four had gone back home to pack what they needed before meeting up at the train station, a collective sigh as they just had to pack up their whole lives and get ready to leave. Knightstar and Roshie's baggage was average, a few bags of clothes with their issued sidearms tucked inside. Knightstar however had his pet Falcon, Captain, on his cart within his cage. Buck's was comprised more of his chemistry gear prepped for the move than actual clothing. Blade's bags comprised of a single rolling suitcase and a rolled up canvas bag filled with a few choice weapons including his favorite sword and a pistol. Before they stepped on the train buck cut them off and got their attention

"Listen, I know we're gonna have to travel light and not pack a whole lot of gear for this. But I took the liberty of making something to help compensate with that."

He opened up one of his bags and brought out three pairs of simple looking foreleg wraps, Knightstar, Roshie, and Blade putting them on.

"They have hidden blades and a concealed pistol which you can whip out on the fly. The pistols are only small caliber with a few rounds so don't count on them for anything big." The three looked to Buck and thanked him, all of them getting on the train. The conductor bellowed out.

"Next stop, Manehattan!"


The three had a car at the end of the train. Not too comfortable but Luna had arranged for them to have some privacy. Among their items were a few folders that were laid out on the table, the first being a criminal report and a picture of a grey unicorn with jet black hair. A picture next to it was of his cutiemark, a serpant opening it's mouth to show it's forked silver tongue.

"This is Silver Tongue. He's a part of the local mob running Manehattan. His job is as the car thief, boosting cars and running the downtown area for Tony Neighzoto, the boss of the entire syndicate. Their main rival is a local gang, the Black Colts. They run the drug ring in the city and the two have been fighting for turf for nearly a decade."

Knightstar interjected. "What does this have to do with us? Aren't we trying to find a potential assassin?"

Blade smiled and nodded. "Indeed. We're handling two angles with this guy at once. First is the shipments. If there was a dirty shipment that landed there, the crime family there will know about it. The other is firearms. If whoever it is is planning on killing the princesses, they will need some real firepower to get out. Since Tony Neighzoto is running the gun ring there, it shouldn't be too hard to find who's looking for serious hardware."

Buck nodded, rather impressed by the plan. "That is very interesting, so how are you gonna get the syndicate to help us?"

Blade gave buck a smirk. "Simple, we're gonna show Silver Tongue as unreliable, that we're the better bet to help Tony further his goals. We show we're better, and Silver Tongue is out. From there we can ask Tony for information."

Buck sighed and shook his head. "And how are we gonna pull that off? Not like we're criminal masterminds"

"We just have to muscle in on their jobs. We show what we can do, we can make it look like we're game for their plans."

Knightstar walked toward Blade apprehensively. "Blade, you sure that's the best move? We'd be taking on a drug ring AND a criminal syndicate at once."

Bladechaser smiled. "Remember Prance, 1016?"

Knightstar shook his head rapidly. "What?! You wanna pull THAT in the middle of Manehattan? Blade, there's NO way we could pull that off. We dont have the gear to pull that off."

Bladechaser smiled in response, that part of the plan already falling into place.


When in the field, you cant expect to get firepower quickly, especially if your operation is kept top secret. Theres a chain of command you have to report through before you get so much as a single bullet. Gun runners don't have that paperwork so you can get what you need more quickly from them. Unfortunately, there is always a catch for taking that approach. It can sometimes be even worse if you know the supplier personally

As soon as the four got off the train a pegasus mare stepped forward with a sign with their names on it. Her mane was a fiery red and her coat a dark brown. Emblazoned on her flank was a devious looking firecracker. Bladechaser smiled and waved back at the familiar face.

"See, things are working out already."

Of course it didn't take long to make him wrong. As soon as he got within hoof's reach of the mare, she socked Blade in the jaw.

"Five years. FIVE YEARS after you disappeared on me in Dublin without so much as a goodbye and you have the NERVE to ask for my help?!"

A second later Bladechaser sweeped a leg under the raging mare, getting on top of her and pinning her to the ground.

"Fierra! I had no choice! My superiors needed me to get out fast. My cover was blown and I had to leave."

Blade quickly got off of her, seeing the slightly less angry look on her face before he continued.

"Do you have ANY idea how long I looked for you? How long I tried to track you down after I was pulled out?! I only allowed the resources to find you last year. Please, I'm sorry."

Bladechaser's face was sincere, tears dripped off of his face as he tried to show how sorry he was. Fierra's face was much the same, never having known just how long he had searched. She gulped and looked the pegasus in the eye.

"I'm sorry, I never knew... I'm not sure if we can be as we were, but I'll help you out. Was saving the little present till after the apology dinner I was going to have you pay for, but I suppose we can skip that."

They started to head toward the train station's exit, Knightstar snickering a bit at Bladechaser.

"Take it you enjoyed that Marish cream eh? Though I have to ask what happened in Mareland."

Bladechaser sighed, looking over to Fierra and looking back to his friend. "Maybe once we get to the safehouse. It's a difficult subject."


Not long after that they made their way to Fierra's truck, Bladechaser's jaw starting to swell from the punch to the face earlier. She popped open the back to show a rack of submachine guns, pistols, bomb making components, and nearly 50 pounds of C4. In other words: everything they will ever need. The four of them gasped in surprise while Fierra only chuckled. Blade was the first to recover, having half expected her to be armed to the teeth.

"Fierra, I could kiss you right now if it weren't for my swollen jaw."

"You may want to hold out on that."

"And why is that?"

As soon Bladechaser said that he spotted a slightly older looking unicorn coming his way, her light blonde mane slightly spiked and a cigarette in her mouth. On her flank was a heart shaped shield which signified how her love protected others. As the older mare approached Blade gave Fierra a deadpanned look.

"You called my mother."

"Still had to get you back for leaving me behind."

Blade's mother came up to the five and glared at Bladechaser, Knightstar trying to break the tension.

"Hows it going Maddie."

The older unicorn looked to the deep red unicorn and smiled, still seeming to keep her face's earlier edge despite the change in mood.

"Good to see you Knightstar, good to see at least one pony who doesn't keep their mother in the dark."

She let that sting for a moment before turning back to Bladechaser.

"Well then, perhaps we can catch up while you bring me to the doctor's office for my tests. Then you can tell me why you've been avoiding me since you left your brother and me."

Bladechaser was about to make an escuse and escape when he heard Fierra's van driving off with the others inside, looking rather annoyed as Buck and Knightstar waved back and looked rather amused at his situation.

"Well.... Buck."


The two headed out in his mother's beat up Cadillac, the pegasus surprised it could even start given how much abuse it went through thanks to his father. Bladechaser could only look at the road with that same annoyed expression, his mother yapping his ear off about not visiting more often and how his screw up of a brother kept getting into trouble after he left. Oh by Celestia's non-existent beard would she ever shut up?! He turned his head and was about to shout when he noticed a black SUV following them. His anger turned to caution as he narrowed his eyes.

"Blade, why are you looking behind us like that?"

"No reason, just uh.. maybe we should take a detour? Heard the main road is getting a lot of traffic."

"Thats a load of horse shit and you know it. I can hardly imagine it's because you want to spend some time with me."

"Mom, listen it- GET DOWN!!"

The SUV sped up and went alongside the Cadilac, peppering it with a sub machine gun as Blade quickly yanked his mother out of the car and let the small sidearm spring from the bracer. He quickly fired off a few shots at the SUV before it sped away, Maddie baffled and confused.

"Blade, what in the hell is going on?!"

The blue pegasus looked to the car and back to his mother.

A hot head can destroy the operation faster than an exposed identity or even a nuclear strike. If you let your emotions get to you, then you've already compromised your mission. It also doesn't help when you have to run an op after someone just tried to kill you and your mother.

"I don't know mom, I just don't know.."

Author's Note:

I had a bit more fun with this one. Managed to get a bit of the planning together and laid out the groundwork for the next chapter. Tried to get the story to have a little more depth this chapter with Blade and Fierra. Keep in mind they will likely not be getting back together like Michael and Fiona did. Or will they? Still in the light-hearted stage with a bit more plot development between the characters. I am aiming for the next chapter to be more tactically based with scouting and a little op to send ST and his guys running. Anyway, be sure to give feedback, I am still looking for pointers and help along the way.

Comments ( 1 )

You're off to a great start! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment