• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 1,097 Views, 3 Comments

The Reformation of Discord - TheHollowSpectrum



Discord is now reformed but the Mane Six never needed to lift a hoof after their first confrontation with him so what made him change and, more importantly, why is he roaming free around Equestria at night with the princesses when no one's awake

  • ...
0
 3
 1,097

Morning of Tears

Sunrise, what could be better than the refreshing sun showering the beautiful land with its magnificent rays? It brought color to everything it touched and brought the land to life as well as its inhabitants, drowning out the darkness from the ever so peaceful nights. Celestia watched this sight on the balcony of her castle, her eyes soft and happy as she witnessed the daily routine of ponies from all around her glorious land come out of their sweet homes with smiles and tired eyes but still very ready for another great day of good times, new memories, and new friends. The sun princess smiled warmly as the sunlight enveloped her, bringing life to her tired body but now was not the time to embrace the sunlight, it was time she took care of her most important task at hand without any distraction. She heard soft knock on the door to her chambers and let a nervous sigh, she'd been hoping this moment would never have to come but she prepared herself for any and everything and kept telling that to herself. She felt a shiver enter her body that started to grow in intensity with every step she took closer to the door. The sun goddess felt her breathing begin to go from calm breaths to panicked gasps. She could feel the sweat dripping down her soft, white coat and her mind began to run frantically, looking for a way out of this. Anxiety and fear were beginning to overwhelm her, causing here to question exactly why such a powerful and highly regarded mare such as herself would fear a simple, everyday door. When she finally made it to said door she stood up tall, puffing out her chest in an authoritative fashion and then put a hoof to her chest. She took a long, deep breath to calm her nerves and closed her eyes to clear her mind, then exhaled, opening her eyes slowly. The sun princess then grabbed the doorknob and opened the door in a very casual manner, as if she was never worried. The sun goddess's eyes then met the soft and nervous eyes of her little sister, Luna.

"Tia it's time to go, we must do this before that foul monster can claim another victory against us," Luna's voice was defiant but still unsure, reminding Celestia that the young soul standing before her was just her little sister and neither one of them could truly prepare themselves for this moment. For years, the two sisters prepared themselves for this but deep down, they both knew that no matter how much preparation they went through, they would never be ready. Celestia looked at her sister and smiled, her glorious white coat and beautiful flowing mane shining in the sunlight that came from the window behind her. Luna couldn't help but stare in awe at her older sister, with her wings spread out to grasp the full essence of the sun. She watched as the sun goddess looked down at her with calm eyes, waiting for Luna to continue with whatever else she needed to say before they started their "plan." The lunar goddess then cleared her throat and put on a brave face as she contiuned, "Tia, he is still imprisoned in that stone coat and even that is reinforced by some of Equestria's finest wizards, and we have the whole military ready to evacuate the townspeople and defend our glorious land." Celestia's tremble had now left for a new host which was the lunar princess. Her lip began to tremble and her eyes began to dart from left to right, in an attempt to hide her fear from her sister. Celestia just put her hoof on her sister's face and began to brush her mane calmly, to reassure her everything was going to be fine.

"Do not fear, dear sister, just you watch, none of this will be necessary it'll be a piece of cake speaking of cake, maybe we can visit the Cakes down in Ponyville when all this is over and get some sweets to celebrate," this brought a smile to Luna's face as she imagined all the tasty pastries they would gorge themselves with.

" Whatever you say Tia, just don't let them take any embarrassing photos to publish in their silly newspapers like they did last time," both of the princesses shared a laugh, tears of joy beginning to blur their vision. However, now was not the time for silliness, and they both knew this as they had to put on serious faces after their short moment of laughter. Both princesses dropped their heads and stared intently at the floor, recalling exactly how powerful he was and how he was most definitely a force that should not be reckoned with no matter what the circumstances. Celestia was the first to look up from the floor, causing Luna to follow suite. She looked deep into her sister's eyes, looking at the fear that enveloped them and thought back to when they were still but little fillies. Celestia could see how much her sister had grown and how much she had matured, growing from the jealous young child to this brave, grown up mare who helped ease Celestia of the burden of loneliness and ruling of a the mystical that was Equestria. Luna was now looking curiously at her sister's face, studying the look in her eyes, it was almost as if she were sizing her up and down. Luna didn't know how or where she stood in her sister's mind but, she just hoped that it wasn't a negative outlook, she would hate it if her beloved sister thought of her as only a burden.

"Tia...maybe this isn't such a good time. Maybe we can do this some other time when we are truly prepare-" Princess Celestia then grabbed her sister and embraced her in a tight and loving hug. Tears began to stream down her warm and saddened face onto Luna's starry mane, making Luna return the embrace and hold her sister close so that she knew, that her little sister wouldn't leave her. Luna then broke the embrace after a few seconds and simply said to her sister, "Tia, why don't we just go over the plan a few more times and then put it into work a little later when we've gathered ourselves?"

"No dear sister, this is something we must do now, we cannot afford to put this off for any longer because if we do, he might gather the strength to break out of that stone prison we have him in," Celestia wiped away the tears and put on a brave face and looked down at her sister and gave her a defiant smile.

"Come now Tia really it-it's ok really we don't ha-have to do it now really," Luna's eyes began to jump around, avoiding her sister's eyes, hoping that her sister would put this off for another day. Luna, eventually letting the heat of embarrassment and nervousness get the best of her, looked down at the floor as if maybe it would be able to help her get out of this situation. Luna's hopes were crushed with her sister's next statement.

"If you don't want to do this then just say it. There's no way I'm going to put my little sister in a dangerous situation like this if she isn't prepared for it." Celestia's words stung like that of a hornet but were indeed, very sincere. Luna could feel the humiliation growing inside her, she didn't want to be treated like a foal, she was the princess of the night therefore whatever her sister could handle, she could handle just as well.

"I'm not a filly anymore Tia, I can handle myself! Come, if we are to rid of this threat then we best do it now before that clown decides that being frozen in stone is the next big thing and turns all of Equestria into a land full of lawn ornaments!" Bingo, that was the fire Celestia was hoping to ignite within her little sister, although it wasn't the nicest thing to do it had to be done in order to give her sister the motivation she needed to face Discord without even the tiniest bit of fear or doubt. It was settled then, the two princesses would face this abomination and force him into reformation or oblivion, whichever he chose as the better lifestyle. However, things did not feel this way: Luna was enraged sure but, that was all it was, rage, she would end up making this problem even worse then what it already was if Discord were to "mislead" her. Celestia's eyes widened in realization as she watched her sister march towards the chamber holding this monster: not only were her actions being blinded by her rage but, should Discord decide to "play" with her, there was the possibility of Nightmare Moon returning and wreaking havoc alongside this monster!

Luna stood in shock and simply stared at her sister's sad but sincere face until she managed to stutter, "H-how does thou knowth these things? What did we do wrong to let out our inner feelings?"

Celestia simply smiled and embraced her sister, tears trailing down her eyes, "Thou this, thou that, sister dear you simply must learn the modernized language if you plan on having a normal conversation," both sisters let out a small giggle in between the tears as they embraced each other tightly, "Luna dear please don't believe anything he says, it's just a mere attempt to find the smallest bit of weakness so he can manipulate you and use you." Both sisters cried and held each other in such a tight embrace they were beginning to gasp for air but they didn't care because the slightest thought of losing one another was the worse possible thing to both of them but, they knew what must be done. Celestia wiped the tears away from her sister's eyes after a few minutes of sobbing and let out a weak smile followed by the growing defiance and leadership she had come to be known for, "Come sister dear it's time we settle this and let that creature of chaos have his choice: reformation or eternal imprisonment." Celestia began to walk down the stairs from her chambers to the throne room, a hatred building inside her. A hate that was caused by some clown who wreaked havoc every hour of the day for his own amusement. A hate for the very creature that threatened to terrorize not just Ponyville but all of Equestria! The hate-filled spirit of the royal mare had not gone unnoticed by her sister who let out a statement in a very shaky voice.

"Tia wait! Thou mustn't let hatred consume them, tis would be a very bad thing to deal with because then thou would be weak to his mind foolery," Celestia turned quickly to face her sister with a very hateful glare only to see her sister begin backing away shakily and slowly at the sight of her sister's hate.

"I'm so sorry Luna I'm not upset with you it's just tha-," Luna brushed her hoof against her sister's cheek and smiled.

"I guess the pressure is getting to the both of us."

"Yeah I suppose you're right dear sister I just don't want anything bad to happen to you," Luna replied to this only by laughing and shaking her head.

"Tia stop pretending thou is thy mother! We are a big girl now and we can handle whatever comes our way," Luna couldn't stop laughing at this point until her sister picked up a book and threw it straight at her. "Tia that almost hit me!"

"But I thought you were a big girl now and could handle anything?" Celestia broke into laughter as her sister simply pouted and stared at the book that was now on the floor. "Come sister dear I suppose it's time we stopped fooling around and got to business."

"Indeed thou, I mean err you, are correct," Luna blushed at the realization that she was actually attempting to speak this "modernized" form of the language. Celestia laughed at the thought of her sister actually trying to speak correctly as she lead the way down to the ever-present threat that was located deep down in the castle's dungeon hidden and kept under the utmost highest security after all, Discord wasn't a toy to play with he was a bull and no matter where he was, that place instantly became his china shop.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony this is my very first fanfiction and I really hope you enjoy it! Also, at the moment I am currently editing this chapter to add some more detail and depth to the story and everything and all but once the editing is over and done with, you'll know because I'll post a little edit thing down below and I'll also post a blog entry! Enjoy!

Comments ( 3 )

Having spaces between the paragraphs makes things a lot easy to read...

And slow down the pacing, everything is happening too fast. Slow down a bit, and try to show people what is happening, instead of simply 'telling' them. You get across a lot more that way.

3191309 Thank you for the advice! This is actually my very first ever fanfiction and really just story in general I've really wanted to get into the works of an author but I don't have any real experience but thanks a ton! Advice is definitely what I need right now so I can make this fic as enjoyable as possible along with all my future ones! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment