• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 663 Views, 59 Comments

Friends to Journey's End - tassadarth



A long and dangerous quest for the six of them. They must find new magical powers beyond the Everfree Forest. They darkness witll spread to the walls of Canterlot and there it will be held.

  • ...
12
 59
 663

Corrupted

CHAPTER 21

Corrupted

Shining Armor woke up the next morning to find his house surrounded by his guard. “Go back to your posts we need to be ready for this attack. Get everypony to a wall, and have them armed. ChainBall you, and your men reinforce the gate. Air platoon fly above the clouds, and give me a report on what we’re up against.” Shining Armor said before heading back inside of his house. He walked in, and in that instant he noticed that Cadence had already left to hid. So he went ahead to gear up for this upcoming battle. He approached the top of his walls, and shouted “No matter what we must win this battle, we must win for Canterlot, for our families, for ourselves!!!!!” The corrupted army moved swiftly toward the castle. Wolf Tongue moved the front of the lines of fearful corrupted ponies. He pointed at the castle, and yelled “TAKE IT DOWN!!!” At that moment the whole army of corrupted ponies charged forward. Shining Armor pushed some magic out of his horn, a beam of magic shot straight up from Shining Armor’s horn creating a shield. The army still charged forward crashing into the magic sphere. Shining Armor gasped as his shield broke at the touch of the corruption. The army broke through the front gate, and started spreading their corruption on everything they touched. Every soldier had been infected with what was now a whole empire of corrupted ponies. A bright light shot up into the sky, and started to collect in one fixed spot. The ball of light became bigger and bigger. In an instant the ball of light burst creating a big field of light scattering throughout the world. It hit the army like a wall, each pony fell to the ground. Shining Armor stood strong from which he thought was where the ball of light was collecting. All the ponies started to get up to fight again, but Princess Celestia, Cadence, and Luna came out from hiding. They all pointed their horns into the sky shooting all of the magic they could into one fixed point. Cadence shouted down to Shining “Help us with this spell shoot your light into it, and let’s see the results!” Shining Armor put down his weapon, and pointed his horn up into the sky he aimed, and fired. The ball of light grew to an amazing size. It began to burst, when it did everypony fell to their bellies, and passed out. This light was seen all over the planet. When everypony woke up they didn’t resume fighting they all felt as if this fight was over, and no enemies existed anymore. Everypony started to gather around one fallen soldier, one that had died during the fight. Shining Armor broke through the crowd, and said “I didn’t know this pony, but for his bravery in this fight we shall honor him for being the only one to fall. We shall bury him in a few days we need to keep our defenses up still though. ChainBall take your men to defend the wall make sure this fight is over.” ChainBall, and his forces left the scene. Shining Armor picked up the body slowly with his magic, and placed it in a more suitable location. This battle was victorious thanks to his loved ones.

Author's Note:

I will be posting some illustrations for this chapter by at least Tuesday of this week. Thanks for reading during all these chapters, and please share with your friends so they can enjoy to. Have fun reading :D ~Tassadarth
Sunday
9/1/2013
I'll be uploading two chapters Tuesday, instead of uploading them in two days.