• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 125 Comments

Flora Spectrum - Flora Spectrum



A small filly is found in the royal gardens by Celestia and Luna. When Celestia realizes who this filly is, she entrusts not one, but six ponies to raise her. However, unlike most fillies her age, this filly is an alicorn.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,018

Loyalty

The dispute had been going on for months now. Every time Flora agreed to hang out with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, the crusaders always complied but managed to stick out their tongues or give evil glares when they thought she wasn’t looking. In return, whenever Flora hung out with the crusaders, her other two friends complied but walked away with their noses stuck in the air.

It was because of this dispute that Flora wasn’t paying much attention to her flying lessons and flew directly into a tree. Thankfully, she had only been flying a few feet off the ground and the park’s crunchy grass made for a semi-soft landing.

“Whoa Spec,” her flying instructor said as she landed next to her. “That look like it hurt, you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Flora assured as she stood up and brushed herself off. She still had dirt on her usually white coat and she only hoped Rarity wouldn’t see her on her way home. She truly liked Rarity, but she liked being able to go outside and get dirty without having to get a bath every five minutes.

“You’re not really focused,” Rainbow Dash observed, “is something bothering you?”

“Nope,” the filly replied while trying her best to fake a smile, “I’m fine.”

“So, you’re not distracted at all?”

“I’m completely focused,” she tried to assure as she continued her unauthentic grin.

“So, you meant to fly into that tree,” Rainbow Dash concluded.

“Of course!” Flora’s grin dropped as she realized what she said. “No! I mean, I uh-“

“Why don’t you tell me what’s bugging you,” Rainbow Dash offered as she sat down.

Flora went to protest, but chose to sigh and sit down next to her instructor. Flora told her about the glares, the snide remarks, and the overall tension between her two groups of friends. “Fluttershy told me not to be mean to other ponies, but am I supposed to chose between my friends? I know it’s better to be nice, but I can’t stand them being mean to each other.”

“You shouldn’t have to choose between your friends,” Rainbow Dash assured. “You can be loyal to all your friends; I know it may be tough, but you could always find a way to bring them together. Our lesson can be over for today, I know you have some thinking to do.” With her last words, Rainbow Dash took to the skies leaving a short lasting rainbow streak and a young filly alone with her thoughts.

Bring them together…

}i{

“Ya ready ta go, Flora?” asked Applebloom as she approached the white filly with the other two crusaders at her side.

“Oh, um not yet, let’s wait just another minute or so,” Flora fumbled. Flora kicked at the ground nervously while the crusaders exchanged confused glances. Where are they?

“Hey Flora!” Diamond Tiara greeted as she ignored the blatantly obvious glares directed towards her and Silver Spoon. “Are you ready to go?”

Before Flora could answer, Scootaloo intervened, “Flora isn’t going with you anywhere! She already made plans with us today!”

“No, the three of us are going to Sugarcube Corner,” Silver Spoon argued.

“Flora! I thought you were going to Sugarcube Corner with us?” Sweetie Belle questioned.

“I am,” Flora answered plainly.

“You said you would go to Sugarcube Corner with us,” Diamond Tiara argued ignoring Scootaloo’s smirk.

“I am,” Flora answered in the same plain tone.

Scootaloo traded her smirk for a confused look as she argued, “You can’t go with both of us!”

“Actually, I can,” she answered blatantly earning herself an eye roll and several confused looks. “I don’t know why you guys don’t like each other, and frankly I don’t care. I refuse to choose between you guys, so instead,” she paused to smile, “you guys are going to get over your differences and get along.”

“You can’t expect us to become best friends right away!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“No, I don’t, but a good way to start would be over a box a cupcakes,” Flora said with a smile only for it to fall as an argument ensued.

“As long as we get chocolate,” Scootaloo muttered as the five began walking towards the beloved bakery.

“Strawberry is better,” Diamond Tiara argued.

“Vanilla!” two fillies cried in unison. Sweetiebelle and Silver Spoon looked at each other shocked that they had something as simple as a favorite cupcake flavor in common. The two quickly looked away from each other as they each went on as if it never happened.

This isn’t going to be easy, but we have to start somewhere. As Flora ran to catch up with her five friends, she called out, “They sell cupcakes in a variety box!”

Author's Note:

Two updates in two days as appreciation for being patient with me! I hope you enjoy this chapter as well, and as always, comment below and tell me what you think so far!