• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 125 Comments

Flora Spectrum - Flora Spectrum



A small filly is found in the royal gardens by Celestia and Luna. When Celestia realizes who this filly is, she entrusts not one, but six ponies to raise her. However, unlike most fillies her age, this filly is an alicorn.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,018

Reunion

Flora lay on the ground outside of the castle breathing heavily. I… finally did it. They’re all free now. She calmed her breathing and closed her eyes. Today… has been… exhausting… I just really… want to take a nap.

“Flora!”

Before she could open her eyes, Flora felt herself picked up and swung around in a circle in a tight embrace as if she were a filly. As she felt her back hooves touch the floor, she took a step back and looked at the pegasus stallion in front of her. He had a dark coat, a grey shaggy mane, and bright golden eyes that shined with pride.

“Uncle Thunder Wing?” she gasped before stepping back into his embrace. As he hugged her tightly, she felt not only her tears running down her cheeks but her mane catching the tears of her uncle as she realized he was crying too.

“Your parents would be so proud of you,” he whispered, “Celestia knows I’m proud.” As she stepped out of the hug, Flora beamed at her uncle before noticing the stallion that had stood off to the side and remained quiet through the reunion.

He had a light blue coat and a main as white as winter’s snow. His eyes were a deep blue that matched his cutie mark, which consisted of a shield with a white snowflake.

“Snow Shield?” The stallion who closed the distance between them and wrapped her in a tight embrace answered her question. He pulled out long enough to give her a quick kiss on the cheek causing a faint blush to appear. Thankfully, he went back to the embrace and didn’t notice the faint reddish hue that stood out against her pristine white coat.

“I’ve missed you so much Flora. Nothing has been the same without you,” as he whispered in her ear, Flora felt her tears begin to fall once more. How could I forget about him? He was my best friend! He was there for me in the good and the bad.

Flora’s mind was flooded with memories that the two had shared. She remembered the good times such as when Snow got his cutie mark and the many times they pulled pranks on the guards. However, she also remembered that after her mom and dad died, he was her shoulder to cry on, and would stay in her room every night to fight off the nightmares that refused to leave her alone.

She pulled out of the hug and looked who was so much more than just a best friend. “Icy, are you crying?”

“Course not,” he said wiping at his eyes with a grin,” You know I’m too cool for that.” She laughed at his awful pun and looked over to see ponies gathering around the bottom of the steps and cheering. She walked to the edge of the steps with Thunder Wing and Snow Shield behind her on either side.

She didn’t know what to say, so she smiled and did the only thing she could think of. She shot a series of magic blast into the night sky that exploded into fireworks in a variety of colors.

Just like her mom used to do.

Author's Note:

So, only one chapter left! As I said before, you guys are awesome! Your comments make me smile and the positive reception helps motivate me to keep writing! As always, continue commenting!