• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 125 Comments

Flora Spectrum - Flora Spectrum



A small filly is found in the royal gardens by Celestia and Luna. When Celestia realizes who this filly is, she entrusts not one, but six ponies to raise her. However, unlike most fillies her age, this filly is an alicorn.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,018

Little Filly

Celestia paced back and forth in her throne room. Twilight and her friends would be here soon, but that wasn’t soon enough. She had an important task for them that she could trust with nopony else.

She had remembered who Flora was and where she was from. However the filly remained clueless about her origins. No doubt from living on her own for the past three years, and such a long journey from the Spectral Kingdom. If only I could find a way to help those poor ponies, but I’ve tried everything I could think of. Perhaps she is the key to restoring the Kingdom? How did she escape anyways?

The doors to the throne room burst open and Celestia smiled as her six favorite ponies ran in.

}i{

“Celestia, we came as fast as we could,” Twilight announced and she and her five friends ran up to the princess.

“Thank you Twilight, thank you all. I have a task unlike others I can only entrust with you,” Celestia announced.

“Ooh! Is it Discord? Did he go bad again ‘cuz I didn’t see any chocolate rain or cotton candy clouds!” Pinkie Pie asked hopping up and down.

“No Pinkie Pie, Discord is still keeping his promise. I called you here because yesterday my sister and I found a small filly hiding in the gardens. My sister and I both agree that sadly Canterlot isn’t the best place to raise this filly.”

“But Princess Celestia,” Twilight objected, “both my brother and I grew up in Canterlot.”

“That is true Twilight, but you were raised in a loving home. Here, she would grow up being surrounded by guards and the high society ponies that aren’t the best of company for a filly.”

“What exactly do you mean, not the best of company?” Rarity cautiously inquired.

“Guards are boring,” Rainbow Dash answered, “And face it Rare, those hoity-toity ponies are stuck up.”

“How preposterous!” Rarity objected sticking her nose in the air.

“You know you’re not helping your case, right?”

“Girls!” Twilight yelled ending the argument.

“This filly is very important, not only to me but to many other ponies. I am entrusting you six to raise her in Ponyville.”

“Raise her?” The six ponies exclaimed in unison.

“But Celestia!” Twilight began her rant, “Who would she live with? Is she supposed to alternate between the six of us? That can’t be healthy for a little filly! What about school? What abou-“

“As I am aware, “Celestia interrupted with her calm voice, “Ponyville has a great school. As for who she will live with, that if for you to decide amongst yourselves.”

“Heh heh, one second please.” Twilight requested before turning to form a huddle with her friends. “Okay girls, anyone wanting to volunteer?”

“Ooh! Ooh! I’ll take her!” Pinkie offered excitedly but received a chorus of at least three no’s. “Aw, why not?”

“Um, well darling,” Rarity offered, “you’re already busy helping at the bakery, not to mention looking after the cake twins, and all that party planning.”

“Oh okay!” Pinkie said in her usual happy tone as everyone looked to the blue pegasus on her right.

“Don’t look at me!” Rainbow Dash said. “We don’t even know if she’s a pegasus yet! Even if she was, we would have to worry about her falling to her death every time she left my house until she learned to fly!”

“She’s got a point,” Twilight said turning to the pony on Rainbow’s right. “What about you, Apple Jack?”

“Ah don’t know,” she said. “I already have ta farm, takin’ care of Granny Smith, not to mention tryin’ ta keep of with Applebloom, I’ve already bitten’ off more than I could chew once, I don’t wanna do that again.”

“Okay, what about you Rarity?”

“I don’t know darling. Ever since I designed for Sapphire Shores, I have had numerous orders piling up on my desk. I already have to worry about Sweetie belle getting into my supplies, I don’t think I could handle two nosy fillies. What about you Twilight?”

“Psh,” Rainbow Dash scoffed, “who wants to grow up in a library.”

“Hey!” Twilight protested. “I would be happy to take her, but Spike was already jealous enough when I took in Owlicious, I don’t know how he would react with a filly.” She turned to the pony on her right that had been quiet during the entire conversation. “Fluttershy!”

“Oh, um, yes Twilight?” she said in her usual quiet tone.

“Why don’t you take her?”

“Oh, I don’t know…”

“Fluttershy, you babysat Sweetie belle and her friends for me when they had their sleepover.” Rarity persuaded.

“Oh, that was only one night.”

“Come on Shy!” Rainbow Dash said agreeing with Rarity. “Fillies love animals and-!”

“Cupcakes!” Pinkie cried. “You don’t keep a lot of cupcakes at your cottage do you Fluttershy? Oh well! I’ll bring you cupcakes whenever you need them. Or want them. But who wouldn’t want a cupcake? So I’ll bring you two cupcakes all the time! It’ll be fun!”

“Oh, um…“

“Please Fluttershy?” Twilight asked. “You won’t be doing this on your own. We’ll be there to help you everyday.”

“Are you sure?” The timid mare asked.

“I promise.”

“Okay,” she agreed with a short head nod. The huddle broke apart and Fluttershy took a step forward. “The filly can stay with me, if um, that’s okay with you.”

“Of course,” Celestia said with a warm smile. “She’s been waiting to meet you all, are you ready to meet her?” After receiving a head nod from each of the six ponies, her golden magic encased a door that had been unacknowledged until now. An echo of gasps escaped as Princess Luna walked into the throne room with a small filly at her side.

She was small, but no doubt the same age as the crusaders that the six ponies had all encountered for various reasons. Her mane was a pure white and fell straight until almost reaching the floor while her tail dragged slightly across the tile. Her coat was the same solid color, but her eyes shined a pristine white that almost appeared to be transparent. The only color on her consisted of her cutiemark that resembled the color spectrum in the shape of a flower. However, the real reason for everypony’s surprise was the fact that this little filly was an alicorn.

“Everyone,” Celestia announced with a warm smile, “I would like you to meet Flora Spectrum.”

Author's Note:

Hello! One thing I would like to clarify real quick, for my story, pretty much everything in season 3 happened EXCEPT Twilight becoming an Alicorn. I swear I am not hating on Princess Twilight, but I didn't want to have to get into the details and theorize about how being a princess would change her her life and everything.

I am already editing Chapter three so hopefully that will be up in the next day or two. Well, maybe if I get the time I'll even update it tonight, but no promises! I am going to wait until this upcoming Tuesday to put up chapter four for reasons I shall explain later. Well, hope you liked these two chapters! Tell me what you think so far!