• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 125 Comments

Flora Spectrum - Flora Spectrum



A small filly is found in the royal gardens by Celestia and Luna. When Celestia realizes who this filly is, she entrusts not one, but six ponies to raise her. However, unlike most fillies her age, this filly is an alicorn.

  • ...
7
 125
 2,018

A Filly

Celestia took a deep breath as she walked through the royal gardens with her sister after a stressful afternoon. She had been very thankful when Luna raised the moon signaling the end of the day.

“Is it days like these you are glad that I am here to guard the night?” Luna asked with a teasing tone and a knowing smile.

“I am always glad that you are here with me sist-“ a white flash cut her off and stole her attention. “Am I seeing things?”

“No, I saw it too-“ Another white light flashed in front of the two for a split second.

“Luna, wasn’t there a bush right there?” Celestia motioned with her front hoof to a line of bushes with one seeming to have disappeared right in the middle.

“Look closer, it’s still there, but now it’s black.” Luna replied pointing at the almost invisible bush. Another flash appeared causing the bush to become easily visible as it was now a bright pink.

The two sisters moved silently and cautiously over to the magical plant. As they stood mere inches away, giggling could be heard. The two sisters looked at each other and nodded simultaneously before pulling back the branches and gasping.

A small filly with a long mane and tail was covered in dirt from where she sat in the bush. Even through all the dirt, her cutie mark was still easily visible. On her flank rested a flower made up of every color one could think of. However, it wasn’t her cutie mark that struck an interest with the two sisters, but the fact that the little filly had both a horn and a pair of wings.

“How did you get in here?” Luna asked the frightened filly as she couldn’t help but wonder how she got past all the guards.

“I… I came through the bushes.” She stuttered as the two princesses towered over her.

She looks so familiar. Where have I seen her before? “It’s alright,” Celestia assured with a warm smile. “What is your name?”

“Flora,” she answered quietly, “Flora Spectrum.”

Author's Note:

Yes I realize this chapter is extremely short. In fact, I think word count said it was only about 350 words. However, next chapter is typed and only needs edited and consists of at least a thousand words. Well, this is the story I have been planning on writing for months now but just recently had an idea of what direction I wanted to take it in. As always, please comment and point out any grammar mistakes and tell me if you liked it or hated it, although constructive criticism is appreciated so I can improve on my mistakes. Well, until next time!