• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 4,705 Views, 898 Comments

The War of Champions - Onomonopia



A last attempt to restore a world that has fallen to hate

  • ...
11
 898
 4,705

The Survivor And The Monster

Tinker screamed with both fury and fear as his mechanical legs barely managed to hurl himself out of the way of a massive, green fist that just missed his head, but it did not miss the wall behind the pony. Tinker scrambled to his hooves to see that not only was he missing a wall to his secret chambers, but also Hulk still had a menacing smile plastered upon his fast as he tucked his fist back in and lumbered towards Tinker.

"What's the matter, smart guy? No invention, no witty words to say to me now that we're all alone?" Hulk asked with venomous joy in every one of his words while he marched towards his foe. Tinker narrowed his good eye before the spider legs detached themselves from his back and hurled themselves at the Hulk, while Tinker dove for the area that used to be blocked off by a wall. Hulk caught all four of the spider-like legs with one of his massive green hands and converted them into scrap almost immediately, before he turned his head towards where the pony had run.

"Come out come out wherever you are," Hulk sang as he marched through the torn down wall as well, emerging through the gap to find a very large workshop on the other side of the room. There were hundreds of shelves all filled with different parts, pieces and magical items, some of which even Hulk recognized. "You should just come out and save me the trouble of having to hunt you down. Whether it's now or later, there's only one way this ends. When I smash you into the floor," Hulk called out to Tinker.

"Maybe that was when we were in that small room, Hulk, but now you are in my domain!" Tinker's voice seemed to say from everywhere at once, getting Hulk to look around before he vaguely felt something peppering his back. He swung himself around to find a small robot shooting a miniature version of a pulse rifle at him, yet the rounds barely gained his notice.

"Your domain is overrun with trash," Hulk replied as the small robot vanished completely under his giant green foot when he stomped down on it before turning around and heading into the maze of spare parts and scrap. His eyes glanced back and forth between the shelves, occasionally spotting something red and glowing. But after the third time he pulverized a light, he started to realize that this would be harder than he thought.

'Any idea what to do here, Doc?' Hulk asked Banner, who had been silent since the search had begun.

'He's definitely building something and he's using these other machines of his to buy him time. It's what I would do if I were in his situation,' Banner explained for the Hulk as a number of bird-like machines started circling the Hulk and unleashed flamethrowers across his face and back. In the torrent of flames, all Hulk did was laugh since the fire barely tickled him, but as amusing as the birds were Hulk ended the little game with a clap of his hands, creating a shockwave that hurled the metal birds against the walls and shattered them to pieces.

"While it's nice to know what he's doing, I'd like to know more where he's doing it," Hulk grumbled as he got fed up and slammed his foot into one of the large shelves, kicking it over and starting a domino effect that toppled more of the shelving behind the one that he kicked. Yet the biggest of surprises awaited the Hulk, for when the last shelf fell he revealed a monstrous, metal titan whose top almost touched the roof. It had two clawed arms and the cockpit was in the center of the body, with rocket launchers mounted upon the shoulders of the robot that was nearly twice the size of Hulk.

"Oh, so that's where you went," Hulk said with a smirk as he looked into the cockpit of the titan to see Tinker.

"Yes, Hulk, you have forced me to this. My strongest creation, specifically designed to take on Black Adam should the day arise!" Tinker screamed from within as his red eye could be seen piercing through the glass. "It is strong enough to crush steel, fast enough to catch any pegasi and tough enough to take any amount of magic!"

"So, what you're saying is you're not even going to give me a fight before I pound you into nothing?" Hulk smirked before letting loose a mighty bellow while he hurled himself at the robot, ramming his shoulder into its midsection and tackling them both to the floor. With a roar that was also half a laugh, Hulk drove one of his feet into the armored midsection, laughing aloud as the metal nearly caved in beneath his power.

"G-get off of me!" Tinker stammered in fear while he swung one of the metal arms towards the Hulk, yet the arm that could supposedly crush steel was caught by the hands of the Hulk. Hulk placed his hands in between the claws on the hand and pulled with all his might, tearing the arm in two right down the middle, before with a yank he ripped the arm right off of the machine's body.

"What was that Tink? Couldn't hear you over the sound of your robot getting trashed!" Hulk roared as he leapt off of the machine's chest and landed on the floor beside it, where he placed his hands beneath the robot and, with a small effort, lifted the "Adam Destroyer" over his head. With one small push, he hurled it across the room and into a wall, were it collapsed to the floor with sparks flying from its body. "Heh, they just don't make giant, killer robots like they used to, do they Doc?"

'Got to admit, I'm not impressed.'

"Now then, Tinker, there are two ways you're going to exit that suit. The first option...let's call it the easy way, is that you open up and come out nice and slow. The other option, the fun way, is I get to tear open the cockpit and pull you out like a prize," Hulk threatened while he tore one of the legs off of the machine for good measure before pulling himself onto its chest, where he placed a foot by the cockpit. "Make your choice quick."

"NEVER!" the voice of Tinker roared from within the machine before the cockpit ejected itself and hurled into the sky, giving Hulk just enough time to look down to see that the robot he was on was about to explode.

"Hmm." In a blinding flash of light the robot exploded, nearly knocking over the entire warehouse in the process. Outside, Tinker watched as the light died down, with only a giant column of smoke remaining where his machine used to stand. A small smile of victory had just began to cross his lips when one of the walls was forcibly removed from where it stood and was hurled across the sky, allowing a slightly singed Hulk to walk out into the sunlight. "Oh, so your secret base was located on a mountain, huh?" Hulk asked as he looked around at the mountaintop, ignoring the look of disbelief on the face of Tinker.

"But...how?" Tinker choked out after a moment, getting the Hulk to look up at the pony flying in a small ship with a smirk.

"Tinker, I'm the Hulk. I've shrugged off explosions that could destroy the planet," Hulk said with a laugh before he crouched down slightly, taking aim at the small ship before kicking off the ground and hurling himself at Tinker. The pony screamed in fear as the green monster hurtled towards him, barely having time to brace himself before the jade giant slammed into the side of his small ship and dragged it down to the ground.

"Knock knock," Hulk said as he caught the ship and tossed it onto the ground, pushing his fingers through the metal before yanking his arm back and tearing the top of the craft free. A smile crossed Hulk's face as he looked down to see the cowering pony, whom he got out of the ship by turning it upside down and shaking until Tinker fell out.

"Now then, I've wanted to have a talk with you," Hulk began as he aimed the ship straight up and hurled it off the planet with one arm, laughing as it zipped out of sight before turning to face Tinker. "And I believe that I owe you for trying to turn me into a monster of rage that only sought to destroy. Yes, Tinker," Hulk said menacingly as he towered over the pony, moving his face close so that it was just inches away from Tinker's. "I've been waiting for this."

"Then, you've waited in vain!" Tinker roared as he struck forward with a golden tube filled with science and magic...only to watch in absolute horror as Hulk caught the tube and yanked it out of his hooves.

"Ah, there's the other one," Hulk said with a smirk as he looked over the tube before placing it into his pocket, looking back down at Tinker to find the pony staring up at him with fear and confusion. "What, did you honestly expect the same trick to work on me twice? Tinker, you seem to forget that there is a brain behind all this brawn. Two, as a matter of fact. We knew that you wouldn't dare face me without that little 'ace in the hole' you had. Too bad it didn't work."

"Please don't kill me! I beg of you!" Tinker cried out as he threw himself to the ground at Hulk's feet, sobbing his heart out as he clung to Hulk's leg for dear life. Hulk raised an eyebrow at the display, and he couldn't stop a smile from crossing his face. He couldn't help it. Hulk slowly reached down to grab Tinker before he found himself unable to move his arm.

'What are you going to do Hulk?'

"Relax, Banner, I'm not going to kill him."

'Are you going to crush him?'

"Will you just trust me?" Hulk only got silence in response and for a moment he believed that he would have to fight Banner, but then a small sigh could be heard within his mind and he found himself in control once again. Hulk reached down and grabbed Tinker by the back of his neck, lifting him up so that the pony had to look into the Hulk's angry, green eyes...before he flicked him in the nose and knocked the pony out cold. "There Banner, we've won. Can we go back to Canterlot now? I have a feeling they'll need us."

Hulk kicked off the ground with Tinker tucked under his arm, clearing a good number of miles in a single jump. Banner was able to predict that with Hulk's current jumping angle and arc, they would reach Canterlot in a matter of minutes. But that thought quickly went by, as Banner couldn't help but smile at the fact that Hulk had restrained himself so well in the face of a being that made Hulk so very, very angry.

'Not bad, Hulk. Maybe we are the hero that our friends think we are.'

S=H=A=Z=A=M

Ryan brought his arm up just in time to deflect the flip kick that Doroca had aimed at his head, yet he wasn't fast enough to recover in time to block the second kick that caught him in the ribs on the right side of his body. The strike sent Ryan skidding across the golden plains, but he managed to roll out of the attack and kick back up to his feet, arms up and eyes ready for the next attack. But that annoying smirk of his never left his face for a moment.

"Wow, I was wrong to be so afraid of zebras for so long. If they all fight like you do, then Zecora must be the only one who can fight worth a damn," Ryan laughed as he gave Doroca two middle fingers before having to roll back to avoid the next strike from the zebra's staff that was aimed at his head. "Hey, come on now, we've hardly talked before. At least get to know me before you try to take my head off!"

"Do you ever shut up, you infernal sap! All you have done this fight is yap!" Doroca roared with fury as he swung the staff over his shoulders and tried to drive the end of the staff into the man's face, but Ryan was quick enough to swing his baton up in time to deflect the attack while knocking the staff out of the zebra's hooves at the same time. Sensing the opening, Ryan leapt up and threw both feet forward and into Doroca's head, kicking the helmet in as he sent the zebra sprawling.

"Ooooo, right between the eyes. Man, I can't remember that ever working on Zecora. You know what, when I'm not fighting that 'nightmare made flesh', fighting's actually kind of fun," Ryan said with a laugh as he switched his baton to a reverse grip and lunged at the zebra, blocking his kick to his gut before swinging down with his baton. Doroca managed to roll out of the way while reaching into a pocket on the side of the suit, where he drew forth a dagger and hurled it into Ryan's chest. To his surprise, despite the growl of pain, Ryan reached up and pulled the dagger out of his chest with a wicked smile on his face.

"Oh, don't worry, that still hurt," Ryan said with a chuckle as he hurled the knife blade-first into the ground and drove it deep into the dirt with his foot. "But after being set on fire, blown up, crushed between dimensions, and having the shit kicked out of me by Zecora, little things like this don't really bother me that much. Now then, let's see how much pain you can endure."

"You are mad."

"Nope. I'm way beyond that!" Ryan drew forth the pistol within his bag and began to fire at the zebra, who growled as the bullets drove themselves into his armor. Despite the armor protecting Doroca's vitals from any lethal damage, Ryan smirked as he saw the green health bar on the back of Doroca's suit slowly turned yellow. Yet the assault was stopped when Doroca hurled a second dagger into the barrel of the gun, slicing it clean in half while Ryan jumped back with a yelp.

"Hey, this thing has been with me for a long time! Now you owe me a new gun!" Ryan roared at the zebra, only to yelp as he hurled three more daggers at Ryan. He dodged the first two before deflecting the third with his baton, yet when he drew the baton up he found that the dagger had embedded itself in the metal. "Damn, those things are sharp. Mental note, keep the pointy end away from my body."

"Will you shut up?!"Doroca yelled as he flipped forward and drove one of his hooves into the top of Ryan's skull, nearly breaking his skull as Doroca kicked back and landed on his hooves, smiling beneath his helmet as Ryan staggered around dazed.

"Ha! Un...fortunately for you...attacking my brain is useless!" Ryan laughed as he shook the cobwebs off and lunged forward again, catching the zebra off guard since he could never have imagined that a foe could shrug off a brain injury so easily. Doroca managed to roll as Ryan tackled him to the ground, placing his hooves in Ryan's stomach and kicking him over his head. "Alright, I'll give you a little credit. You sure know how to piss me off."

"There is the 'pot calling the kettle black'!" Doroca blocked a high kick from Ryan before going low and attempting to sweep his feet. Ryan dodged the blow with a well-timed backflip, which immediately turned into a handstand so that he could recover quicker. Ryan kept his momentum up and swung his legs back underneath of him, sending both feet right into the chest of the zebra and kicking him hard there.

"Nah, I'm calling you annoying!" Ryan snarled as he kept the pressure on by leaping onto the zebra, pinning him down with his legs while he began to throw 'lefts and rights' into the zebra's face. Unfortunately for him, Doroca's helmet was still on and Ryan ended up punching a metal faceplate with sharp corners.

"You are correct, you do not use your head!" Doroca snarled as he swung his head forward and drove the front of his helmet into the human's nose, sending Ryan sprawling as a long string of curses escaped his lips. "And now is the time that you finally end up dead."

"Please, stronger things than you have tried to kill me and failed," Ryan snarked as he rolled out of the way of a kick and intercepted a chop to his side with his elbow. A quick palmstrike to the chest stunned the zebra long enough for Ryan to introduce the soles of his boots to the side of Doroca's head, hurling him to the ground while Ryan hopped on one foot. "Damn, that armor hurts to hit. Kinda gives you an unfair advantage."

"Do you think I care?" Doroca asked as he rose back to his hooves, taking on a fighting stance while Ryan held both arms out to the side of his body, the two beginning to circle each other with narrowed eyes, each trying to anticipate the other's next move. But Doroca could never predict what Ryan was about to do next.

"Alright, I'm bored. You win the fight," Ryan said with a shrug as he stood up straight, imagining the look of confusion under the zebra's helmet when he reached up and placed his arms behind his head. He heard Doroca sputtering while the zebra tried to understand the words Ryan had just said, but at that point the human had already turned and was walking away.

"Do not turn your back on me! I will send you to eternity!" Doroca roared with rage as he hurled himself at Ryan, yet he never saw the menacing grin that spread across the human's face. Faster than the zebra believed possible, Ryan spun and let fly a small disc from his bag, a disc that latched itself right onto the center of Doroca's armored chest.

"Boom." Ryan shielded his face with his arms as the disc exploded the moment he spoke, yet he made sure that he could watch as the explosion hurled his foe into the sky. Doroca came crashing back down a moment later and slammed into the ground hard, where the burnt and broken zebra lay in pain while Ryan sauntered over to them. A quick glance at the red health bar showed that the zebra was still alive, but only just.

"Man, maybe that year of training really was worth something. I only ended up getting impaled in this fight," Ryan smirked before using the baton to cauterize his wound while also flipping his hood back with a sigh, looking around at the endless expanse of golden fields. "Now the question is, how in the hell do I get back to Canterlot?"

'Perhaps I can help you?' Ryan's eyes widened when he recognized the voice, but before he could make a remark, swear, or both, he found himself and Doroca both being enveloped in silver light. A few seconds later, he fell to what he hoped were castle floors as he fought down the urge to throw up.

'Ugh, damn zebra. Even when I win, I lose,' Ryan thought before looking up to see that not only was he back in the halls of Canterlot, but he was also not alone. "So, you all managed to win your fights as well. I'm not surprise that you won Hulk, but I have to admit I had some slight concerns about both Trixie and Batmare," Ryan said to the other five beings in the room as he stood up, seeing four members of his team and Spike the dragon. "Let me guess, through the power of a Deus ex machina you managed to win?"

"If you mean that Batmare and I tapped into the power of the original Elements to win, then yes, the both of us did so," Trixie said with a smile, while Ryan also noticed that the burn upon her chest was missing, yet his attention was drawn away from that by something else she had said.

"Wait, Hulk didn't use the power of the Element to win?" Ryan asked with some surprise as he looked over at the jade giant, who shrugged his shoulders in reply.

"You really think I would need some sort of 'power up' to crush a pony like Tinker?" Hulk asked, almost sounding like he was insulted. "Please, I've fought bed head that was more difficult to deal with than that coward."

"Guess you wouldn't need its help. How long you all been here for?"

"We all got back around the same time. Trixie got here a few seconds before me and Bubbles showed up not too long after, being carried by Spike, of all dragons," Batmare further clarified as she motioned to Spike, who nodded somberly. "Seems he's on our side now. Hulk brought back Tinker, but Undra escaped me. The other Trixie won't be a problem anymore either, at least, Trixie says so."

"So all that's left to do is await the arrival of Billy and then we decide what to do with the princesses," Trixie continued on before she, Bubbles and Batmare looked off into the distance. "They are coming. I can feel them."

"Then we'll be ready for them. And we'll smash them all," Hulk growled with confidence as he began to crack his knuckles, yet their attention was taken away from the foes off in the distance by the sounds of distant thunder and the rumble of power that followed it, telling them that one last battle still raged on.

"Well, let's hope that Billy wins his fight and that together we can manage to beat the End of Days before they can unleash the beast within that sphere," Ryan shrugged, as he kicked Doroca once for good luck before he sat down next to the wall and leaned against it, flipping his hood over his eyes while he awaited the return of Batson. "Because I've got a bad feeling about this. And whenever I have a bad feeling, shit hits the fan."