• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 4,699 Views, 898 Comments

The War of Champions - Onomonopia



A last attempt to restore a world that has fallen to hate

  • ...
11
 898
 4,699

Unkillable Force vs The Angriest Object

"Doomsday, huh? Looks like he'd be able to give me a fight," Hulk smirked as he cracked his knuckles and started to advance towards the gray monstrosity that was starting to move towards the two of them. Before Hulk could take another step, Ryan was in front of the jade giant trying to prevent him from moving forward.

"No. No no no no hell no! We need help. We need to see if we can get Marvel or Black Adam...hell, let me find the mare and see if we can get Superman here, because we cannot fight that thing!" Hulk was surprised by the sheer volume of terror that filled each of Ryan's words, but when he looked up he saw that Doomsday had selected them as his next targets and had started to move towards them.

"We don't need any help. I can handle this guy myself." Ryan's burst of insane laughter surprised Hulk, and when he looked down at the human he found that there was a terrified smile on his face that showed nothing but doubt in what Hulk had said. "What? You really believe that this...Doomsday...can beat me?"

"Let me put this into perspective for you. In your team up, Superman kicked your ass something fierce, right? Well, this is the guy who BEAT Superman to DEATH!" Ryan clarified for the Hulk. "So no, I don't believe you can beat this guy. I don't believe anything can beat this guy. Don't believe me? Here's a list of what he can do. First off, he's slaughtered thousands of worlds. Second, he's strong--ungodly strong. Kill-Superman-levels of strong. Finally, there's the fact that he can't die and only comes back stronger against whatever killed him! You really think that you-?"

A roar that shook the whole city cut Ryan off, and Hulk barely had the time to hurl the human out of the way as a wall of gray slammed into the fortress of green. A massive shockwave went off as Doomsday slammed into Hulk, both titans pushing against each other in the center of the streets while bellowing at each other. To Hulk's surprise, Doomsday was not only matching his strength...he was also slowly pushing the Hulk back.

'Damn, this guy might be everything Ryan built him up to be,' Hulk thought as he brought a fist back and drove it into Doomsday's jaw, only to watch as the monster's face barely budged from a blow that could level a mountain. Doomsday returned the gesture by driving one of his own fists into Hulk's nose, snapping his head back and staggering the Hulk for a moment. Doomsday then roared as he hurled himself forward and drove one of his spiked shoulders into the Hulk's gut, lifting the giant onto his shoulders before Doomsday used his beyond-godly strength to hurl both himself and the Hulk out of the city. They sailed over the landscape until they both came crashing down in a deserted area outside of the city, where Doomsday then lifted Hulk off of his shoulders and hurled him into the ground.

"Urgh...okay, I'll admit that I find it weird when a villain takes the fight out of a city to avoid killing civilians," Hulk groaned as he rose to his feet, his stomach injury already fully healed. He turned to face Doomsday, narrowing his eyes as the gray beast looked at him with what seemed like interest. "What, you got something to say? Or are you just a dumb brute like all the other guys like you?"

"You...are me..." Doomsday groaned in a low voice, leaving Hulk confused for a moment before Doomsday bellowed at the top of his lungs and hurled himself at the Hulk, shattering the ground beneath him with every one of his mighty footsteps. Hulk snarled as he swung a fist low and caught the charging Doomsday in the gut, stopping his forward charge and knocking the monster into the air. Hulk then grabbed hold of one of Doomsday's legs and swung him back down into the dirt, creating an earthquake from how hard the monster impacted the earth.

'What do you think he meant by, 'you are me'?' Banner asked in the back of Hulk's mind as Doomsday rose to his feet and drove an elbow into the face of Hulk before tackling him once again.

"Not sure. Why don't we ask him? Hey ugly!" Hulk began before driving his fist into Doomsday's face, stunning the monster before he threw another punch that staggered Doomsday once again. "What do you mean by, I am you? Last time I checked, I was far prettier that whatever you're supposed to be. And I know for a fact," Hulk snarled as he cocked a fist back before hurling it at Doomsday. "I'm FAR stronger!" Yet upon uttering those words, Doomsday shot a hand out and caught the Hulk's fist, stopping a blow that would have knocked Thor out with one hand. Hulk looked from the hand to Doomsday with disbelief, before Doomsday roared and slammed his foot into Hulk's chest, sending the jade giant skipping across the ground.

"We...both monster...both...science..." Doomsday snarled as he picked up the Hulk by the back of his head, snarling at the monster before driving his face into the ground, sending shockwaves out for miles. He then lifted the Hulk's head again and slammed him back into the ground. "We are...hatred and rage...it fuels us...makes us stronger!" He then hurled Hulk over his shoulders before leaping up into the air and catching Hulk, placing him onto the spikes on his shoulders as he came crashing back down. When he impacted the ground, the spikes were driven into the Hulk's back, causing Hulk to roar in pain and fury because the spikes drew blood. Doomsday then hurled Hulk back into the ground, where the giant quickly forced himself back up with a bellow of fury.

"You think that you're hatred and rage?! I'm the Hulk! I coined the phrase, 'the angrier I get...the STRONGER I GET'!" Hulk then threw himself forward and slammed his fist into Doomsday's face, hurling the monster off of his feet and sending him sailing across the sky. He crashed into the side of a mountain and the rubble quickly buried the beast beneath stone. But mere stone was hardly even a distraction for Doomsday, for a moment later he burst free of the stone with a monstrous roar, only to be silenced in the next second when a meteor of green came crashing down on top of him once again. Hulk roared as he kicked Doomsday deeper into the mountain, before snarling again as he marched into the newly created chasm after the beast.

"And aside from the size and shape of our forms, we're nothing alike!" Hulk roared into the darkness as he looked around for the monster, finding that he had kicked Doomsday into an underground chamber that was filled with places to hide. "I am a hero, a protector! You are nothing more than a killer! Our similarities begin and end at 'we're both monsters'. But I'm a monster that chose to help others."

"No. Banner is the hero." Hulk spun around to receive a spiked fist to the face that snapped his head back while also sending splashes of green blood across the walls. Hulk snarled as he turned back to face Doomsday, only to take a shoulder to the chest that sent him flying into one of the chasm walls, where Doomsday pinned Hulk there with one of his arms while sending devastating body blows to the stomach with the other fist. "I have been told about you since the moment you came here! You are a monster of science, created to be a weapon, created to destroy and to kill. You are me!"

Hulk's response was to bellow in fury and drive onto his feet and into Doomsday's chest, kicking the monster back before he lunged forward and slammed a massive right into Doomsday's face. Hulk followed that up with an earth-shaking left to the jaw. He then wrapped his fingers around the back of Doomsday's head and swung his knee into Doomsday's face, pulling it into his knee for extra damage. Doomsday roared as he staggered back ,clutching at his face which now had fractured bone extrusions along the sides of the head.

"Yeah, I might have once been seen as a weapon and a killer, but I have changed! I am a better man!" Hulk roared as he swung another fist towards Doomsday, only for the monster to block it and retaliate with a massive right hook of his own that floored the Hulk. Doomsday snarled down at the Hulk as he lifted Hulk by his throat before hurling him into the ceiling, shaking the entire mountain before Doomsday leapt up himself and slammed Hulk up through the mountain.

Hulk regained his senses long enough to slam his fists into Doomsday's back, hurling the creature back down into the mountain chasm that he had just carved out. Hulk roared as he slammed feet-first onto Doomsday's gut, but for the first time in his life, he found that his full power and weight didn't break the creature that he had struck. Doomsday roared with fury as he slammed his fist into the back of Hulk's knee, crumpling Hulk and giving Doomsday the chance to swing a fist for all he was worth into Hulk. With a bellow of rage, the Hulk was blasted out of the side of the mountain, yet the force of his exit velocity was too much for the mountain to handle and a moment later it collapsed in upon itself, burying Doomsday beneath thousands of tons of rubble. Hulk roared with fury as he pulled himself out of a crater that he had made in the middle of a desert and turned back towards where Doomsday was.

'Damn, Ryan wasn't kidding when he said that this guy was a monster,' Banner said within Hulk's mind as the rubble that used to be a mountain exploded off in the distance, and the two could see the tiny speck that was Doomsday come flying out of the rubble on an arc straight for them. 'Okay Hulk, here's the plan. As strong as he is, this guy can't-'

"HULK SMASH!" Hulk bellowed with wrath as he hurled himself into the sky and intercepted Doomsday midair, blasting apart the clouds around them with the force of their impact. The two titans began to slug each other as they plummeted towards the planet below, Banner's voice of reason lost in the roars of rage and the fury of fists that had become the battle between Doomsday and Hulk.

Hulk slammed his head into Doomsday's face with such force that Hulk drew his own blood, yet as shards of bone fell past his eyes he knew that his attack had done more damage to his foe that it had him. Doomsday didn't let the loss of his armor bother him, for in the next instance he swung his spiked fist under Hulk's jaw and snapped the jade giant's head back in a spray of green blood. He then grabbed hold of Hulk's arm and whipped the giant over his head, slamming him into the desert sand with the force of a demon. Doomsday then began throwing bone-shattering punches into Hulk's face, digging him deeper and deeper into his grave with each hit.

"HULK END YOU!" Hulk bellowed just when it seemed that Doomsday had the upper hand, and one uppercut later the giant was back on his feet while Doomsday was sailing off into the distance." HULK IS STRONGEST! HULK IS GREATEST! HULK IS-"

"Doomed!" Another spiked punch to the face sent Hulk flying through a sand dune, yet the moment he landed on the other side he was back up on his feet and hurling himself at Doomsday. "Because I am stronger than you." The two titans slammed into each other once again, yet this time Hulk was able to get the upper hand on Doomsday and slam him into the sand, where he pinned the monster down with his body as he began to throw everything he had into the punches that he drove into Doomsday's face.

'Hulk! HULK!' Banner roared from deep in the back of Hulk's mind, but the Hulk was far too enraged to hear his words. Blow after blow was thrown into Doomsday's skull and though at first the monster struggled, after taking so many of Hulk's punches to the head he lay on the ground motionless. With one last bellow of fury to the heavens, Hulk lifted both of his arms over his head and slammed them into Doomsday's chest, caving in the monster's chest and extinguishing the red in his eyes.

"HULK IS STRONEST THERE IS!" Hulk stormed as he threw back his head and roared to the sky with fury that shook the very heavens above them. He then stood up with a tired sigh and started to walk away from the dead monster...until a blow to his back sent him sprawling. Hulk was confused, believing that he had defeated his foe, so he turned around to see...that Doomsday was already back to his feet. Both Hulk and Banner watched in horror as the monster's wounds began to heal themselves, watching as the bones on his face regrew, and seeing how his chest returned to its normal shape. But one major difference was that the monster had turned a shade of green and seemed to look stronger than before.

"So...you finally show your true rage, only to make me stronger," Doomsday said with what almost seemed like a smile on his face before he roared and charged forward at the Hulk, who bellowed in reply as he hurled himself at Doomsday. But when Hulk threw his angriest right hand into Doomsday's face...both Banner and Hulk were filled with fear as Doomsday took the blow without so much as budging. "And now...I am the strongest there is!"

With a punch that could shake heaven to its core, Doomsday exploded with power and fury as he drove a single fist right through Hulk's stomach, getting the jade giant to roar in pain as he stood impaled on Doomsday's fist. Doomsday then ripped his fist out of Hulk's gut and slammed his face into the bridge of Hulk's nose, snapping it as the force of the headbutt hurled Hulk backwards into the sand.

For a brief moment Doomsday believed the fight to be over, but that was before the very earth beneath him began to shake as waves of green energy began to wash off the Hulk, increasing his already insane power to new levels. Hulk roared as he spun and slammed himself into Doomsday, pushing the monster back across the desert despite Doomsday resisting the entire time. But for Banner, who was watching every action that happened during the fight, he was becoming more and more aware of the fact that Hulk was entering a state that he had not entered into for five years. And Banner knew he had to stop it.

'HULK!' Banner bellowed in the back of Hulk's mind, but another furious bellow from Hulk drowned out his thoughts as Hulk and Doomsday traded blows, each of the monsters punching the other in the face hard. With their combined strength the two monsters hurled themselves away from each other, each of them creating craters with their bodies when they impacted the sand. Doomsday was the first one up and with a roar he slammed his fists together, causing what seemed to be green scales to form all along his body.

"End you!" Doomsday roared as he charged out of his crater towards where Hulk lay, yet a moment later the jade giant exploded out of his own crater and lunged at Doomsday. Hulk struck first, delivering a massive right to the monster's face. But the scales prevented the full force of the blow from hitting Doomsday, allowing Doomsday to drive his fist into Hulk's gut in retaliation and send him skyward.

"Time to die!" Doomsday roared as he leapt into the air and grabbed hold of Hulk's leg, hurling him back down into the sand before crushing his chest with both of his bony legs. With his foe pinned, Doomsday began to hurl 'lefts and rights' into the face of the Hulk, driving him deeper and deeper into the pit that was being created with the Hulk's body. He began to build up speed, and with each hit he drove the giant deeper and deeper into the ground, before he was swinging so fast and with such power that he was punching the Hulk through the planet.

Tons and tons of rock were destroyed as the two descended deeper into the planet at breakneck speeds, yet Doomsday only drove the Hulk through faster and faster with each blow. Doomsday punched the Hulk through the center of the planet in a matter of seconds and it wasn't much longer before they both came bursting out on the other side, deep at the bottom of an ocean. Yet, their skin had just gotten wet when Doomsday grabbed hold of Hulk once again and hurled him back into the ground, driving him once again through the planet before they both came bursting out into the sky back where they started. Doomsday then grabbed Hulk one last time before tossing the bloodied giant into the sand, where he remained motionless as Doomsday came crashing back down to the ground.

"No one can stop the doom," Doomsday snarled as he walked over to the Hulk, ignoring the incredible amounts of green radiation that was radiating from his body. He grabbed Hulk by the back of his head and lifted him up by his green hair, practically smirking at the jade giant. "You are weak. You could be like me. But you are not."

"Weak?" the Hulk asked in a near whisper, getting Doomsday's eyes to widen slightly in response. Then Hulk's eyes snapped open to reveal pure green fury before the Hulk threw a cataclysmic blow into Doomsday's face with such before that both Doomsday and the sand around the Hulk was blasted away by the force of the blow, leaving the Hulk standing on stone as Doomsday crashed into the ground.

"Hulk is not weak! Hulk is strongest there is!" Hulk roared as he lunged at Doomsday, the wounds that he had suffered from the Bringer of the End having already healed from the sheer volume of radiation that was pouring off of him. Doomsday screamed in response as he threw a blow at Hulk, which was intercepted by a punch from the Hulk as well. Both were blown back by the sheer power of their fists colliding, but a moment later they were back to slugging it out, neither one of them backing down or allowing the other to get the upper hand while they each delivered blows that rocked the whole planet to its core.

"Today is your end. You will fall!" Doomsday roared as he took one of Hulk's strongest blows without backing down only to finally deliver a blow that sent the Hulk hurtling backwards to the end of the desert, where he crashed down into a small meadow. With an explosion of radiation Hulk emerged, yet his whole form was shaking as his fury reached heights that it rarely reached. Doomsday came crashing down in front of him a second later, almost smiling at what he felt. The very planet was trembling as if it were afraid. And when Hulk took a step forward towards Doomsday, a massive fissure was created along the ground from the single foot step.

"Yes, you are me. You are a true bringer of doomsday."

"END...YOU!" Hulk shrieked with wrath as he lifted his arms over his head, blasting away clouds overhead with the strength of his swing. His power was beyond godly now, beyond anything that could be contained by a single planet. He was powerful enough now to break worlds. And in order to defeat Doomsday, that was what he planned on doing. So with one last roar he prepared to swing his arms down, preparing to end everything.

'NO!' The voice was like a gunshot to Hulk, stunning him long enough to realize that he could not move his arms like he wanted to. 'Dammit all, Hulk, can't you see this is what he wants?! He wants to turn you into a weapon, into a monster...what he is! Ryan told us he couldn't die, and we saw that for ourselves when you crushed him and he got back up! He wants you to use your full power, to break the world, because he knows it won't kill him! All it will do is make you no different than him!'

Very slowly, Banner's words began to reign in the Hulk, slowly restricting the anger that had reached world-breaker levels of power. But as Hulk looked over at Doomsday, and upon seeing the green and grey monster that was still standing despite everything that Hulk had done to it, he found that he had to keep the rage going.

'But there is no other way to stop him unless Hulk uses full power! Everything Hulk...I've hit him with everything that I have and he continues to get up! Using the world breaker is the only way!' Hulk bellowed back in anger, but Banner refused to release his grip upon the Hulk.

'No, Hulk, all that will happen is that we will destroy the world. We will become the very thing that we are trying to defeat right now, and that monster is a being of destruction,' Banner retorted. 'Doomsday can't die. I'm not even sure world breaker would keep him down for long. But I do know that the world will not survive the battle. So we have to stop now, before it gets any more out of control. Don't be a monster Hulk. Be a hero.'

Very slowly, Hulk lowered his arms to the ground and began to let the rage go, causing the enormous amounts of green radiation to vanish. After a minute he let out a sigh...only to receive a mighty blow to the jaw that sent him hurtling across the meadow, coming to a stop at last when he slammed into the side of a large tree. He groaned as he picked himself up and turned to see Doomsday charging towards him, power and rage flooding through his eyes.

"Banner. If I can't use my full power to stop this guy...how are we supposed to beat him?" Hulk asked before lunging at Doomsday, the two colliding once again and continuing their battle. Unbeknownst to Hulk, Banner was thinking the very same question as he watched Hulk get pounded on by Doomsday, who was unleashing his full might upon the jade giant with unholy fury. Doomsday was now stronger than Hulk, tougher than Hulk, and with his ability to come back from the dead, he was able to last far longer than the Hulk. But Banner knew that he couldn't tell Hulk that.

'I'll think of something, Hulk. You just worry about beating down Doomsday,' Banner said before concentrating with all of his mental power, willing himself to find a solution to the problem. 'And you leave the thinking to me. It's time I started to do my part in this fight.'