• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,591 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,591

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity: Rarity v.s. Princess Celestia

"Good luck Rarity." Fluttershy said, taking her seat "I know you can do it."

"Glad you think so Fluttershy." Rarity said.

"Just don't be nervous." Pinkie Pie said "Nervous is your real enemy."

"All we can do is ask for you to do your best." Twilight said "As long as you do that, you should be fine."

"Don't lose!" Rainbow Dash said "You can't lose!"

"What R.D. means is give it everything you've got." Applejack said "Now show em what you're made of!"

"I know you'll do great." Fluttershy said.

The crowd began to cheer "Rarity! Rarity! Rarity!" over and over again. The excitement had built up to a fever pitch.

"Well, you've certainly come a long way since the Diamond Dog incident in the fourth round." Princess Celestia said "And once again I want to apologize for that. I should've done something sooner."

"You have nothing to be sorry for Princess." Rarity said "You did what you thought was right. Besides I put those no good cheaters in their place!"

"You really think that way?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Of course I do." Rarity said "So stop blaiming yourself for something you couldn't have prevented."

Princess Celestia sighed "Let's move on from that shall we?"

"Yes. One should certainly not dwell on the past after all." Rarity said.

"This is the final battle." Princess Celestia said "Beat me and you win the tournament, and you get both the trophy and the prize money of 1,000,000 bits."

"I know." Rarity said "And I've come too far to lose now!"

"We shall see." Princess Celestia said.

"Indeed we shall." Rarity said.

"Rarity are you ready?" Princess Celestia asked.

"You should know the answer to that Princess Celestia." Rarity said.

"Round 1, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Okay Rarity stay calm. Just concentrate and try not to be too predictable." Rarity thought to herself. She wouldn't admit it but she needed a quick mental pep talk. "Prepare to lose Princess Celestia." Rarity said "I'll get things going if you don't mind."

"Be my guest." Princess Celestia said.

"Something must be up if she wants me to attack her." Rarity thought to herself but she decided to play along and see what Princess Celestia might be planning. "Take this." Rarity said, attempting to hit Princess Celestia with a kick. Princess Celestia dodged it.

"Not bad for your first move Rarity." Princess Celestia said "Now let's see how you like this." she threw a mid level punch that Rarity was forced to block.

Reluctantly, Rarity fired off a magic blast. She didn't have time to really charge it up, but she didn't want to remain in the current position. The blast hit Princess Celestia but Rarity knew it didn't really deal a lot of damage.

"Hm, that was a bit of a surprise." Princess Celestia said "You sure don't seem willing to stay in one place for very long. Something on your mind?"

"Nothing that need concern you Princess." Rarity said, attacking Princess Celestia with a karate chop. Rather then attempt to dodge it Princess Celestia allowed herself to be hit.

"What's Princess Celestia up to?" Fluttershy asked.

"She could've dodged that move and yet she didn't." Pinkie Pie said.

"She's up to something I bet." Applejack said.

"You're probably right Applejack." Twilight said "Princess Celestia doesn't seem at all worried."

"But Rarity's not gonna fall for anything, right?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know R.D." Applejack said "Somehow I have a bad feeling about all of this."

"Oh I don't like how that sounds." Fluttershy said.

"Just relax Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said "Rarity's got this one in the bag."

"Yeah! Look she's winning!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Really?!" Twilight asked.

"Well duh, I mean it's obvious." Pinkie Pie said "Just take a look for yourself."

"I see it but I certainly don't believe it." Twilight said. Rarity had managed to inflict several bruises to Princess Celestia, and yet oddly enough she seemed to remain calm. She didn't seem to care about the fact that her body was taking a lot of punishment.

This was not something that went unnoticed by Rarity. "Princess Celestia has to be planning something. Why else would she allow me to gain the lead so easily?" Rarity thought to herself.

"My strategy seems to be working." Princess Celestia thought to herself "I know I haven't lured Rarity into a false sense of security but she seems uneasy. I can use that to my advantage." "Time to turn the heat up a little." Princess Celestia said. She charged up her horn while slowly moving towards Rarity.

"I'm not letting you get close to me!" Rarity said "I'm not going to fall for any of your tricks!" she decided to bust out her new move from the fight against Fluttershy. Carefully she tried to tune into the nearby surrondings and see if there might be any gems.

"Take this!" Princess Celestia said, firing off a fully charged magic blast. But to her surprise she suddenly saw her magic blast being absorbed by gems. Rarity had managed to dig up not just any gems but the kind of gems that could be used to hold magic. And those gems could then gain a power boost based on how much magic they had stored in them. Princess Celestia also knew that her magic wasn't powerful enough to overload them.

"That was a nice try Princess Celestia, but I noticed your horn glowing." Rarity said "It seems to have developed a much brighter aura since the last time I saw it."

"I see." Princess Celestia said.

"You almost had me Princess." Rarity said "But a lady is always aware of her surroundings." She then fired all the gems at Princess Celestia.

Overwhelmed by them Princess Celestia fell to the ground.

"All right!" Rarity cheered.

"K.O.!" Princess Celestia muttered "Rarity wins the first round."

"That was a close one." Rarity said "If I hadn't dug up those gemstones I might not have been able to win."

"You had me worried there for a minute Rarity." Fluttershy said "Don't ever do that again."

"I shall try not to." Rarity said.

"You've got this one all wrapped up!" Rainbow Dash said "One more round and you'll win it all!"

"Now Rainbow Dash, it is not wise to underestimate your opponent." Rarity said "Princess Celestia proved how adept she can be. I cannot let my guard down just because I outsmarted her once."

"Words of wisdom there Rarity." Twilight said.

"I am so looking forward to throwing your victory party Rarity!" Pinkie Pie said "Do you wanna have it at Sugarcube Corner or Carousel Boutique?"

"If I win then Sugarcube Corner seems ideal." Rarity said "It does seem like it can hold more ponies."

"What do you mean if, you mean when you win." Pinkie Pie said.

"I can't afford to think like that Pinkie Pie." Rarity said "I would like to believe that the worst is over but if I get careless it could cost me big time."

"Well just make sure you win then." Pinkie Pie said.

"All I can do is do my best." Rarity said. She then felt her stamina being restored by Princess Celestia. She had not earned any bruises from the previous fight.

"Better get back on out there Rarity." Applejack said "Good luck."

"And remember, don't lose." Pinkie Pie said.

"I believe in you Rarity." Fluttershy said "Don't let me down."

"Ready for more?" Princess Celestia said.

"Of course darling." Rarity said.

"Round 2, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Stay on your hooves Rarity. Princess Celestia is sure to pull out all the stops." Rarity thought to herself. Knowing this, she tried to wait for Princess Celestia to make a move.

But Princess Celestia seemed to know this and refused to move. The two fighters struck fighting poses but neither one of them seemed willing to attack. If that was how this round was going to turn out then it was going to be boring.

Finally Rarity lost patience. "Since you won't make a move I shall do so instead." she said, attacking Princess Celestia with a karate chop. She tried to start a combo but Princess Celestia evaded the set up punch.

"Try this on for size." Princess Celestia said, unleashing a powerful kick that sent Rarity reeling.

"I had a feeling you'd be this strong." Rarity said "Looks like I was right."

"Well let's see if you can outsmart me again." Princess Celestia said, firing off a magic blast. This time Rarity was forced to block it.

For a while it looked as if though Princess Celestia was going to win and tie everything up. She constantly bombarded Rarity with punches, kicks, uppercuts, and magic blasts. Most of which Rarity either barely dodged or was forced to block.

Rarity tried to counterattack by using her gem finding move, but having learned her lesson Princess Celestia refused to fire any magic blasts and dodged most of them. And she evaded every other move Rarity attempted to use.

"Come on Rarity! Take her down!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Rarity, you're making me nervous again." Fluttershy said.

"Oh this is such a nail biter." Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm almost too afraid to look." Applejack said "This is one intense fight."

"I know." Twilight said "I can't tell who's going to win at this point."

"25 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia called out. Both fighters had becomed bruised and were panting heavily from fatigue.

"Well Princess Celestia it's been an honor fighting you." Rarity said.

"I'm glad to hear that Rarity." Princess Celestia said "Of course, as I'm sure you know, this fight isn't over yet."

"But it will be soon." Rarity said.

"Then let's find out who will win." Princess Celestia said, attempting to attack Rarity with a kick. Rarity dodged it and hit Princess Celestia with a magic blast. Princess Celestia shrugged it off and dodged Rarity's attempt at starting a combo.

Both Rarity and Princess Celestia then began to trade attacks. They matched each other punch for punch, kick for kick, uppercut for uppercut, and even magic blast for magic blast. All the while the clock began to tick. Time was running out.

"Come on Rarity." Fluttershy said.

"This has been very entertaining and I'm sad it has to end." Princess Celestia said "But I'm afraid I have to do this Rarity." she carefully charged up her horn and fired off a quick magic blast.

Rarity didn't have enough energy to use her gem locating spell and so she was forced to dodge the blast. Which she just barely did. "That was too close for comfort." she said.

"Time up!" Princess Celestia said "This round is a tie. But the winner of this fight, and the Equestria Battle Tournament is, Rarity!"

"I did it." Rarity said, panting heavily "I won."

"She did it!" Fluttershy cheered wildly "She won! She won! She won!"

"Wow Fluttershy, you're cheering even louder then me!" Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm just so excited!" Fluttershy said.

"We all are sugarcube." Applejack said "Rarity's the big winner."

"It should've been me!" Rainbow Dash said "But I guess Rarity's better then someone like Gilda."

"Or Trixie." Twilight said "All the same I'm glad I had the chance to enter this tournament. I got to fight, make some new friends, and see some incredible battles."

"Way to go Rarity!" Rainbow Dash said "Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't have to face you."

"I feel the same way." Pinkie Pie said "I don't know if any of us could've stopped you."

"Well thank you all for your support darlings." Rarity said "After all, without friends like you to cheer me on, who knows if I'd be standing here as a winner." Princess Celestia then healed her wounds and restored her stamina.

"Just wait til everyone back in Ponyville hears about this." Pinkie Pie said "And thanks to my awesome victory party they will."

"A victory party sure does sound good." Rarity said "But I'm just glad I can insure Sweetie Belle won't have to leave her friends behind."

PreviousChapters Next