• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,587 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,587

Chapters Next
Twilight Sparkle: Introduction

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia's Prized Pupil

Species: Unicorn

Special Talent: Magic

Ever since her entrance exam at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns Twilight had been trained personally by Princess Celestia, and had developed her magical skills to the point where she soon became the most powerful unicorn since Star Swirl the Bearded. However her social life was mostly nonexistent as a result of the intense studies, a fact that Princess Celestia eventually decided to do something about.

After moving to Ponyville at Princess Celestia's request Twilight met five ponies who would become her best friends. And with their help she began to experience new things in life and learned many valuable lessons.

Twilight still prefered books and reading over physical activity and as a result some of her friends started teasingly calling her an "egghead", though it was all in good fun.

One day while out and about collecting supplies Twilight was surprised to see her friends all hovering around something. When she asked what was up they showed her a flyer advertising the first offical Equestria Battle Tournament scheduled to take place in a few days. The winner would be rewarded 1,000,000 bits.

Despite encouragement from her friends Twilight did not sign up. She really didn't see any point in participating when chances were that she wouldn't last very long. Even if the prize money was highly tempting.

Her friends as well as her assistant Spike would not stop breathing down her neck about it though, and soon revealed to Twilight that the final battle would be against Princess Celestia herself. Reluctantly in order to get them off her back Twilight decided to enter the tournament.

Twilight's goal is to reach the final battle and challenge Princess Celestia. She really doesn't care about the prize money or the trophy though she's certainly not going to refuse them if she should win.

Little does Twilight know that this tournament will not only pit her against her friends and Princess Celestia but against some familar faces, and a new foe waiting for the chance to strike.

Author's Note:

This is a "What could've been" story mode for Fighting is Magic had Hasbro not shot it down.

The story is based off of the story mode of Tekken 5 in which each fighter has a brief introduction explaining why they're entering the tournament and then they face off against various other fighters. In said story mode at stages 4 and/or 7 the fighter faces off against someone that serves as a sort of mini boss. The fight includes cutscenes and dialogue that ultimately contribute to the story at hand.

This fic will only include the mane six but if it proves popular enough I can do a sequel involving Spike and the CMC.

Do note that based off of information from the creators this fic takes place between Seasons 1 and 2.

Chapters Next