• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,587 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,587

PreviousChapters Next
Applejack: Applejack v.s. Discord?+Epilogue

Applejack really wished her whole family was here to see this moment. She had managed to do what she thought was the impossible and win it all.

"Mares and gentle colts. Children of all ages. It's the moment you've all been waiting for." Princess Celestia said, addressing the crowd "Applejack Apple please step forward.

Applejack did so with pleasure.

Princess Celestia levitated a trophy that depicted two ponies fighting each other. "The winner of the Equestria Battle Tournament is"

"I object!" an unfamiliar voice said "That fight was boring. Hardly even deserving of being called one. And certainly not one that deserves such a prize. A mistake that shall soon be corrected." There was a blinding flash of white light that lasted for just a second. When it had faded both the trophy and the prize money had disappeared.

"What did you do with the trophy?" Applejack asked "I want an answer and I want it now!"

"Oh you don't have to worry about the trophy anymore." the voice said "I promise I'll take good care of it."

"Now you listen here!" Applejack said "Whoever you are that trophy doesn't belong to you! So I'm only gonna say this once! Give back the trophy or face the consquences!"

"Oh I'm so scared." the voice said "If you knew who you were talking to you'd walk away right now."

"I doubt that." Applejack said "But since you ignored my warning it looks like I have no choice but to take back the trophy by force."

"Oh you actually want to fight me huh?" the voice asked "Well far be it from me to deny your wish for pain. But we'll fight to the finish on my own turf."

"Bring it on!" Applejack said.

"Beat me on my own terms and you can have the trophy." the voice said "Unless you're afraid."

"Don't fall for his lies!" Twilight said.

"You don't have do this A.J.!" Rainbow Dash said.

"That meanie pants is just jealous!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Please reconsider!" Fluttershy pleaded.

"Darling please don't do this!" Rarity said.

"Oh I'm sorry, I don't recall asking for your input!" the voice said "So let's fix that shall we?" There was another blinding flash of light and when it had faded all of Applejack's friends had their mouths duck taped shut.

"Leave my friends out of this!" Applejack said "I know you're only intrested in me, so let them go!"

"Don't try to force me!" the voice said "I'm in no mood to be making deals! Unless you agree to face me your friends will never get rid of that duck tape."

"Well if that's the way it has to be then fine!" Applejack said "But don't you dare think of going back on your promise!"

"Relax." the voice said "I would never do that."

"I ain't buying it!" Applejack said.

"Picky, picky, picky." the voice said "But if it makes you feel better then I promise to remove that duck tape when you agree to face me."

"Now that's more like it." Applejack said "You'll be sorry you ever decided to mess with me." There was another blinding flash and when it had faded Applejack had disappeared.

Upon opening her eyes Applejack saw a sight unlike anything she had ever seen before. She saw what appeared to be the buildings from Ponyville, except for the fact that they were floating upside down. The ground was made up of alternating black and white tiles, and chocolate rain poured down from pink cotton candy clouds.

"Just what in the hay is all this?" Applejack asked.

"It's my own personal dimension of course." the voice said, it's owner revealing itself in a blinding flash of light.

"So you mind telling me just who the heck you think you are?" Applejack said.

"I don't see why not." the voice said "The name's Cord, Discord. I'm the spirit of chaos and disharmony. I love what I do and I do what I love."

"Chaos and disharmony huh? Sounds like you've got a beef with the way things are." Applejack said.

"Oh I assure you it's nothing personal." Discord said "It's all part of the job. But let's get down to business shall we? I brought you here for one reason and one reason alone."

"So let's not waste any time and get to the fighting!" Applejack said.

"Patience my dear Applejack." Discord said "There's some rules that we need to lay down first. First and foremost since this is my dimension we'll fight by my rules."

"Fair enough." Applejack said.

"Second instead of three rounds, we'll only fight one with a time limit." Discord said "And whoever wins that round wins it all."

"Okay." Applejack said "If I win you'll give back the trophy and the prize money correct?"

"Indeed." Discord said "And if I win I'm free to do as I please with you. So do you accept these terms?"

"Of course I do!" Applejack said "You messed with the wrong pony, and you're gonna be sorry!"

"Very well then." Discord said "Prepare to lose."

"I was just about to say that." Applejack said.

"Round 1, Fight!" Discord said.

Applejack wasted no time in attempting to lasso Discord. She wanted to end this fight as quickly as possible because something told her this trickster was quite dangerous.

Discord had no trouble evading the lasso. "You call that a lasso? This is a lasso!" he said, producing his own lasso from out of nowhere and tossing it at Applejack.

Applejack allowed herself to be pulled closer to Discord. And then before he could attack her she attacked him with a strong kick.

"Ouch that hurt. Wait, no it didn't. Sweet." Discord said, laughing a little. He was met with another kick, this one a little stronger, and a bit higher up. This time Discord felt it.

"I'm not fooling around." Applejack said "I'm going to win and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

"Oh we'll see about that." Discord said "Like it or not you're no match for my powers."

"I ain't falling for your mind games!" Applejack said "Either fight fairly or don't fight at all!"

"Didn't I say my dimension my rules?" Discord asked "I can do whatever I feel like I do."

"I don't think so!" Applejack said, attempting to hit Discord with an uppercut. Discord dodged it with ease and hit Applejack with a blast of concentrated chaos from his paw.

"Do you see now Applejack?" Discord said "You're no match for the true power of chaos. And chaos is the spice of life."

"Well too much of a good thing can be bad." Applejack said.

"There's just no convincing you is there?" Discord said.

"Darn right there ain't." Applejack said "So stop talking and fight like you mean it!"

"Party pooper." Discord said.

"Don't get me wrong I love to have fun as much as anypony else." Applejack said "But I've learned when to be serious. And I'm always serious when I'm fighting for what I know is right."

"Sure, sure. Whatever." Discord said, hiting Applejack with a punch "Let's just keep fighting shall we?"

"Now you're talking!" Applejack said.

But Applejack soon discovered that Discord was much more powerful then he had been letting on. Despite her best attempts Discord always seemed to be one step ahead of her. And it frustrated her to no end.

Discord loved seeing Applejack get so ticked off. And if he could've he gladly would've just kept tormenting her all day. But that just wasn't possible right now. Of course that didn't mean he couldn't still make Applejack just a little more cross with him. And he knew just what he needed to do to accomplish that.

While Applejack recovered from another failed attack Discord pulled out a glass and began filling with the chocolate rain. Applejack didn't notice it til it was too late. "Get a load of this!" Discord said, throwing the chocolate milk directly at Applejack.

"Oh you low down, no good, sneaky little weasel." Applejack said.

"I love this job!" Discord said. The chocolate rain then exploded and Applejack let a scream that didn't sound at all like her. "Now why does that sound so familiar?" he said to himself.

When the explosion cleared Applejack was completly covered in bruise marks from head to hoof. "You're a piece of horseapples you know that Discord?!" she said.

"Such language Applejack." Discord said "Were you raised in a barn or something? Oh wait you actually were." he chuckled to himself at the well excecuted joke.

"I hate you so much." Applejack muttered and fell to the ground.

"K.O.! I win!" Discord said, he then dawned a pair of sunglasses that he had pulled out of seemingly nowhere. "Well Applejack. It looks like it's, game over. Yeah! Say Applejack riddle me this, was that over the top? Cause, you know, I can never tell." He then began to laugh like crazy.

"How can this be? How could I've lost?" Applejack thought to herself "What did I ever do to deserve this?"

"Sounds like a certain filly could use a hug." a voice called out.

"Indeed it does dear." another voice chimed in.

"Those voices. It can't be!" Applejack said.

"Oh but it can." one voice said.

"And it is." the other voice said.

"Ma? Pa? Is it really you?" Applejack asked "Or am I just imagining things?"

"It's us all right." Apple Dumpling said.

"So nice to see you again dear." Apple Fritter said.

"But how is this possible?" Applejack said "I thought you were"

"Dead?" Apple Fritter asked "Because we are."

"But then why are you able to talk to me as if you're still alive?" Applejack asked "It doesn't make any sense."

"We really don't know what's going on either Applejack." Apple Dumpling said "I suppose even death won't stop us from reaching out to you in a moment of need."

"Then why didn't y'all come to me when I was trying to cope with your passing?" Applejack asked.

"Trust me when I say it wasn't easy for us to watch you struggle. But we knew that if we tried to help you you'd never learn that you can't always solve everything on your own." Apple Dumpling explained.

"We also knew that if worse did come to worse Granny Smith would set you straight. And she did." Apple Fritter said.

"So why are you here?" Applejack asked.

"Call it my motherly instinct." Apple Dumpling said "Even when you were a baby I always had a way of knowing when you were upset. And the same held true for Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom."

"Upset? I'm not upset!" Applejack said.

"Applejack you were always a bad liar." Apple Fritter said "I know what you're really feeling. It's okay, let your mane down and say what you really want to say."

"Fine." Applejack said, trying to hold back tears "I don't know what to do. Discord is so strong and so powerful. But if I don't defeat him I can't win the prize money to help Granny Smith and Sweet Apple Acres. And I'll never see Ponyville or my friends and family ever again."

"Oh there, there sugarcube." Apple Dumpling said "It's alright."

"No it's not." Applejack said "How am I suppose to defeat him?"

"That's something we can't help you with I'm afraid." Apple Fritter said "But do you remember when I taught you and Big Macintosh how to apple buck? Do you remember how you got mad when you couldn't do as good as Big Macintosh?"

"Yeah so?" Applejack asked.

"You wanted to give up. You wanted to quit." Apple Dumpling said "Don't deny it I know how you really felt."

"But you didn't give up." Apple Fritter said "You kept on trying until you could do it."

"And your point is?" Applejack asked.

"Just because something seems impossible doesn't mean it is." Apple Dumpling said.

"So no matter what you can't give up. There's always a way. And if you try hard enough eventually you'll find that the impossible becomes possible." Apple Fritter said.

"You really think so?" Applejack asked.

"We know so darling." Apple Dumpling said "Now I'm afraid we have to go."

"Go? Go where?" Applejack asked.

"Back to the place where all good ponies go when their life is over. To the afterlife." Apple Fritter said.

"Please don't go!" Applejack pleaded "There's so much I want to ask you. So much I want to talk to you about."

"I'm sorry Applejack but this is how it has to be." Apple Dumpling said.

"We know you can do it." Apple Fritter said "We'll be watching you."

"No! Please come back! I'll do anything! Just please don't leave me again!" Applejack pleaded. But it was no use Apple Fritter and Apple Dumpling had returned to the afterlife. "Nooooooooo!" Applejack cried, letting tears stroll down her cheeks, even as her body was healed and her stamina was restored.

"Oh what's wrong Applejack?" Discord asked "Crying for mommy and daddy like a little baby?"

"I ain't no baby!" Applejack said.

"Then why were you crying like one huh?" Discord said.

"I was crying. But not in the way you think." Applejack said "You'd understand if you were in my horseshoes."

"Oh I already know about that Applejack." Discord said "And I must say I was moved to hear your parents reach out to you from beyond the land of the living. Your good fortune is my good fortune."

"Just shut up and face me again!" Applejack said "I'm not going to let you make fun of me! Or my family!"

"You're no fun." Discord said "But if you're willing to lose then that's fine by me."

"You're the one who's going to lose Discord!" Applejack said.

"Oh yeah?" Discord said "I don't think so!"

"Prove it." Applejack said "Fight me!"

"Round 1, Fight!" Discord said.

"Prepare to lose Discord!" Applejack said.

Discord fired off a blast of concentrated chaos "You were saying?" he asked. But then to his surprise he saw Applejack dodge it and hit him with a punch that surpisingly enough he felt.

"I'm not fooling around!" Applejack said "I'm gonna crush you!"

"That was a lucky move Applejack!" Discord said "And I'm afraid faith doesn't favor the lucky!"

"Then what do you think of this?" Applejack asked, attacking Discord with a mid level kick.

"That hurts!' That actually hurts!" Discord said "Just for that I'm going to completly destroy you!"

"Ooh I'm so scared." Applejack said sarcastically.

"Well you should be!" Discord said, winding up and attempting to hit Applejack with a sucker punch. She easily dodged it. "This is getting annoying!" Discord said.

"You think so huh?" Applejack asked "Well then why don't you do something about it? That is if you can."

"If you're trying to make me angry then you're doing a pretty good job." Discord said "And trust me when I say you won't like me when I'm angry."

"What are you gonna do huh?" Applejack asked.

"Well for starters I'm gonna do this!" Discord said, pulling Applejack closer to him.

"Hey what's with the grip?" Applejack asked "What the hay is going on?"

"You know you sure ask a lot of questions Applejack." Discord said "Guess you don't have all the answers."

"Put me down!" Applejack demanded "This is against the rules!"

"Rules? What rules?" Discord asked "I thought I already told you that is my dimension, and therefore I get to make the rules. And break them."

"So in other words since you can't beat me fair and square you're going to cheat." Applejack said "I shouldve known."

"Indeed." Discord said "After all I'm the spirit of chaos and disharmony. So I do what I want where I want whenever I want and noone tells me otherwise." To prove his point he began to strangle Applejack who despite her kicking and squirming was unable to break free.

"I'm...not...going...to...let...you...win." Applejack said.

"Sorry but you're in no position to make threats." Discord said. He then fired off a blast of chaos that knocked off Applejack's stentson hat.

"My hat!" Applejack said "That hat was important to me!"

"And why is that?" Discord asked.

"It was my pa's favorite, and after his death his will stated that he intended for me to wear it." Applejack said "And I'm never taken it off when I haven't had to."

"Well you'll just have to make an exception." Discord said.

"Not on my watch!" Applejack said, suddenly finding the strength to kick Discord and make him drop her. After picking up her hat and dusting it off Applejack set to work on finishing off Discord. And all it took were a few well placed kicks and punches to bring him down, as well as catching his trmpu card, the glass of chocolate milk and throwing it back at him, causing him to scream like a little girl.

"Me?! Defeated?! Impossible!" Discord muttered.

"K.O.! I win!" Applejack said, beaming with pride.

"You beat me! You actually beat me!" Discord said "Well I guess there's a first for everything."

"Indeed there is." Applejack said.

"Well I suppose I should tell you this one thing I forgot about earlier." Discord said "You can request any one favor from me and I'll grant it."

"You telling the truth?" Applejack asked.

"Indeed I am." Discord said "I'm a spirit of my word."

"Well I know what I want from you." Applejack said "I want you to fix Granny Smith's saggy old hip."

"If you're sure that's what you want." Discord said, snapping his fingers "Your granny's hip should be all better."

"Good." Applejack said "Now give back the trophy and the prize money."

"I'll do that." Discord said "But first" he proceeded to erase the events of the tournament from everyone's minds including Applejack's. He then teleported her back to her own dimension.

Thanks to Discord everyone, including Applejack would assume that the tournament had been a dream.

"Soon." Discord said "Very soon Equestria will be mine." He then proceeded to laugh wickedly.

Author's Note:

You should know the drill with references.

And in case you're wondering Apple Fritter is Applejack's father and Apple Dumpling is Applejack's mother.

PreviousChapters Next