• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,587 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,587

PreviousChapters Next
Applejack: Applejack v.s. Braeburn

Applejack wasted no time in sweeping through the next two rounds. She seemed to be unstoppable and many were now expecting her to go all the way.

Nearly convinced that no one could stop her Applejack still glanced at the tournament ladder. She noticed that most of her friends had been eliminated, but that at this point she would have to face one of them in the final round.

But first she had to make it through this round, and her opponent was quite the surprise. "Why did it have to be him?" she was heard to say. Reluctantly she headed for the stage. Determined to get it over with as quickly as possible.

The stage took place in Appleloosa in the heart of town. And despite the use of a protective barrier, a fence had been set up to seperate the fighters from the spectators.

"Well, glad you decided to show up after all." a familiar voice said "I was getting a little worried."

"What are you doing in this tournament Braeburn?" Applejack asked "I thought you always said 'I'm a lover not a fighter.'?"

"I am." Braeburn said "But this tournament was too much fun to pass up."

"Consarn it all Braeburn! Can't you ever take anything seriously?" Applejack asked.

"Of course I can." Braeburn said "But that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Life isn't very enjoyable if you have to be serious all the time."

"Well if all you do is party and treat life as a game you'll come to regret it." Applejack said "I've learned the hard way that life can change in the blink of an eye. And if you're not prepared, you won't survive."

"I see you still have your inner demons." Braebrun said "Hopefully with my help, this fight here in Aaaaaappleloosa, will change all of that."

"I highly doubt it Braeburn." Applejack said "At this point all I can do is hope for is a fight that will be somewhat enjoyable."

"Well just to forewarn you, I won't hold back just because you're family." Braeburn said.

"I was just about to say the same thing." Applejack said.

"Fighters are you ready?" Princess Celestia asked as both fighters took up their positions. Both fighters nodded, though Braeburn seemed to do so reluctantly. "Round 1, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

From the get go Applejack became determined to win. She was convinced that Braeburn would not be much of a threat since he hardly ever seemed to take anything seriously. "This is the beginning of the end for you Braeburn!" Applejack said. She pulled out her lasso and threw it at Braeburn.

Braeburn made no attempt to resist as he was pulled closer and closer to Applejack. But when Applejack attempted to hit him with a kick, Braeburn dodged it. And then to Applejack's surprise dealt a really strong high level punch.

"How is that even possible?" Applejack asked.

"You didn't think you were the only one with years of applebucking under their belt did you?" Braeburn asked.

"But that can't be." Applejack said "To my knowledge you've never taken anything seriously."

"Well, how else do you think the town of Aaaaaappleloosa came to be?" Braeburn asked.

"You mean you were the one who supervised the project?" Applejack asked.

"Yep." Braeburn said "Some ponies even said I should be the sheriff."

"Then how can you be so laid back and carefree all the time?" Applejack said "It doesn't make sense."

"Look cousin Applejack, I'm no stranger to hard work." Braeburn said "But I know when there's a time to be serious, and when there's a time to friendly. If all you do is spend all your days working you'll never be happy. You have to take some time off for yourself every once and a while."

"But hard work has always paid off." Applejack said "If you're never willing to work hard then you'll never be able to take time to do what you want to do."

Braeburn sighed "Apparently you don't understand cousin Applejack." Braeburn said "Perhaps my point will be made clear once this fight is over. Speaking of which, let's get back to it, shall we?"

The fighting soon resumed with Applejack eventually pulling into what looked like a narrow lead. But it was no surprise to everyone that she seemed to be more worn out then Braeburn. Both fighters had become bruised and fatigued as they traded attacks. But Braeburn had seemed to be more lax in his attacks, striking less often but dealing more damage.

"I just don't understand this." Applejack said "How can you be so strong and yet so laid back?"

"That's just the way I role cousin Applejack." Braeburn said.

"Well you will still lose!" Applejack said, racing forward and hiting Braeburn with an uppercut. She then lassoed him and kicked him as hard as she could.

Braeburn surprisingly managed to endure the hit. But his hooves looked ready to give out at any moment. "You're pretty good, I'll give you that." he said with a smile "But it'll take more then that to stop me." However a few seconds later he fell to the ground.

"Looks like you were wrong." Applejack said with a grin.

"K.O.!" Princess Celestia said "Applejack wins the first round."

"Not bad cousin Applejack." Braeburn said "Not bad at all."

"I just don't understand it Braeburn." Applejack said "You're so laid back and easy going. And yet you're responsible for an entire town. And you can fight pretty darn well."

"It's like I said." Braeburn said "You can't spend your whole life working. All you'll do is wear yourself out and potentially lead yourself to an early grave."

"Well the same thing can happen if you never worry about anything." Applejack said seriously "I once foolishly believed that I could do what I wanted. And I never listened to the advice of Ma or Pa."

"I think I see what the problem is." Braeburn said.

"You do?" Applejack asked.

"Uh-huh." Braeburn said "You blame yourself for the death of your parents. You feel like somehow it's your fault what happened to them."

"It just wasn't fair." Applejack said "I thought everything in life happened for a reason. So I thought that because of something I had done I had caused Ma and Pa's deaths."

"Well cousin Applejack, I'm afraid that I've also learned the hard way how unfair life can be." Braeburn said "Remember Bloomberg?"

"Yeah." Applejack said "How's he doing?"

Braeburn removed his hat from his head "I'm sorry Applejack. But Bloomberg isn't around anymore. He's gone."

"But why?" Applejack asked.

"He was a very old apple tree." Braeburn said solemly "We tried everything we could. But you know something?"

"What?" Applejack asked.

"I'm sure Bloomberg wouldn't want you to be upset." Braeburn said "And the same holds true for Ma and Pa."

"So, what are you trying to say?" Applejack asked.

"I'm saying that sometimes life can seem unfair. But we have make the best out of what we're given." Braeburn explained "And if we don't try to live our lives to the fullest, then we're not living honestly."

"I suppose that makes sense." Applejack said "But I can't just take a day off. Not if it means making my family work harder to make up for it."

"Well try to find time for yourself during the off season." Braeburn said "But you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Promise me you'll try."

"That's all I can do Braeburn." Applejack said. As soon as she finished speaking those words Princess Celestia healed the wounds of both fighters and restored their stamina.

"Fighters are you ready?" Princess Celestia asked as both fighters again took up their positions. Both fighters nodded. "Round 2, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

Braeburn made the first move this time around. An uppercut that Applejack blocked and countered with a kick. This was a sign that both fighters were going to give it their all.

"You're not holding anything back are you?" Applejack asked.

"Nope. I trust you aren't either right?" Braeburn replied.

"No sir!" Applejack said.

"Then let's give these ponies and buffalo a show they'll never forget!" Braeburn said, attacking Applejack with a low level punch.

Applejack countered with a strong kick. She then attempted to lasso Braeburn only for him to dodge it.

"This is fun." Braeburn said.

"For once I agree with you." Applejack said "But I'm not going to lose to you!"

"We'll just see about that." Braeburn said.

The fight eventually seemed to switch between an intense seesaw fight and a tense stalemate. Neither fighter seemed to have the upper hoof.

"25 seconds remaining." Princess Celesita called out.

"Well, this is it." Applejack said.

"It's all or nothing." Braeburn said.

"Let's finish this!" Both fighters said. Applejack attempted to lasso Braeburn as he charged forward but to no avail.

"Afraid to face me head on?" Braeburn taunted.

"Hardly." Applejack said.

"Then prove it!" Braeburn said.

"You're going to regret that!" Applejack said. Also charging forward.

"It's over Applejack!" Braeburn said, unleashing a powerful kick. Applejack dodged it.

"Wrong Braeburn! It's over for you!" Applejack said, unleashing her own kick. But Braeburn dodged it.

"Seems like great minds think alike, don't they?" Braeburn said.

"Eeyup." Applejack said.

In the blink of an eye both fighters attacked each other with a high level punch. And both of them collapsed.

"Double K.O.!" Princess Celestia said "This round is a tie."

"That was an impressive fight cousin Applejack." Braeburn said.

"You did pretty good as well Braeburn." Applejack said "And can you ever forgive me for thinking you were weak?"

"Of course." Braeburn said "We're family. And family members should never fight each other."

"The winner of this match is Applejack, who will move on to the finals." Princess Celestia declared. She then healed the wounds and restored the stamina of both fighters.

"Good luck in the finals cousin Applejack." Braeburn said "I know you have what it takes to win."

"Thanks." Applejack said "You gonna cheer me on?"

"You betcha." Braeburn said "So don't ever think about giving up, otherwise you'll answer to me."

"I hear ya." Applejack said.

Author's Note:

Yeah I'm kind of scrapping the barrel for the song here. But I don't know of any Brony songs involving Braeburn so I had to make do.

Edit: For now I believe this song works for the fight against Applejack. Braeburn is trying to reach out to Applejack and get her to lighten up, hence this song.

PreviousChapters Next