• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,589 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,589

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight Sparkle: Twilight v.s. Princess Celestia

The excitement of the crowd was building to a fever pitch. Everyone was cheering loudly and chanting "Twilight! Twilight!".

"Well, my faithful student I must say I'm impressed." Princess Celestia said, descending from above. "I'll admit when you entered the tournament I had my dobuts about you. And I am glad to see that I was wrong."

"Thank you, Princess Celestia." Twilight said "I'll be honest though, I never thought I'd make it this far."

"And yet you did." Princess Celestia said "You should be proud of yourself."

"Oh I am." Twilight said "But I'll feel even better after I face you."

"I can tell you're looking forward to our fight." Princess Celestia said "Well I'm glad. I look forward to seeing how much you've learned since this tournament began."

"I'm ready when you are Princess Celestia." Twilight said.

"Alright then." Princess Celestia "But don't think I'm going to hold back just because you're my student."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Twilight said.

"That's the spirit my faithful student." Princess Celestia said "Now then let's see if you have what it takes to go all the way."

"Bring it on!" Twilight said.

"Are you ready Twilight?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Ready and waiting!" Twilight said.

"Round 1, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Let's see what you've got." Princess Celestia said.

"Well what do you think of this?" Twilight asked, charging forward and delivering a punch. Intrestingly enough Princess Celestia made no attempt to dodge it or block it. Instead she simply allowed the punch to connect and seemed to shrug it off.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Not bad." Princess Celestia said calmly "But please tell that wasn't your best. Because if so you don't stand a chance."

"Oh yeah?" Twilight said "Well how bout this?" she fired off a decently charged blast of magic. Princess Celestia allowed it to hit her and shrugged it off. Though she appeared to show signs that the attack had done some damage.

"Come on Twilight you can do better then that." Princess Celestia said "I expected more from you."

"Don't write that victory speech just yet Princess Celestia!" Twilight said "This match is far from over!"

"I know." Princess Celestia said "But at this rate I'm going to win without even breaking a sweat."

"I'm just getting warmed up." Twilight said.

"I hope so." Princess Celestia said "Otherwise you might as well surrender now."

"'Surrender'? I don't even know the meaning of the word." Twilight said "And I looked up every word in the dictionary."

"Egghead." Rainbow Dash teased. Twilight ignored her.

"Come on R.D. that's not very nice." Applejack said.

"Sorry, couldn't resist." Rainbow Dash said "You tell her Twilight!"

"That's more like it." Applejack said.

Despite the "interruption" the fight continued on. At first it seemed as if though Princess Celestia was going to win. None of Twilight's attacks or combo seemed to phase her. If the attacks did inflict damage Celestia didn't seem to show it.

"What am I gonna do?" Twilight asked "Nothing seems to be working. Could this be it? Could this be how it all ends?"

"Don't you dare give up now Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said "You've gotten out of tougher situations then this!"

"Darling, whatever are you talking about?" Rarity asked.

"Can't any of you see it?" Pinkie Pie asked "Twilight looks like she's about to give up."

"Twilight would never do that!" Applejack said.

"Well make sure she knows that." Pinkie Pie said.

"I swear I'll never understand you Pinkie Pie." Applejack said. She then turned her attention to Twilight "Come on Twilight! You can do it! I know you can!"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash shouted "Show Princess Celestia whose boss!"

"We're behind you all the way." Rarity said.

"I believe in you." Fluttershy said.

"My friends are all cheering for me." Twilight thought "I can't give up. Not with them supporting me."

"That's it Twilight! That's the spirit!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Are you ready to give up?" Princess Celestia asked.

"No!" Twilight said "I'll never give up! Not now or ever!"

"Then give me your best shot." Princess Celestia said.

"I intend to." Twilight said. She started channeling the raw emotion into her attacks. Doing this gave each punch, kick, and combo more energy. Before long Twilight had made a comeback.

"Now that is what I wanna see." Princess Celestia said. She was finally starting to show signs of damage as she panted heavily. There were a few bruise marks on her body as well as her tail.

"So what do you think of those moves?" Twilight asked.

"They're certainly something." Princess Celestia said "But you haven't won yet."

"But I will soon." Twilight said, charging foward. From the looks of things it seemed like she was going to deliver another punch. This time Celestia dodged it.

"Just as planned." Twilight said. Waiting until she was within range, she charged up her horn and fired a blast of magic. The point blank shot caught Celestia by surprise and was enough to send her to the floor.

"K.O." she muttered "Twilight Sparkle wins the first round."

"Way to go Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said.

"That's how it's done!" Applejack said.

"You sure showed her!" Rainbow Dash said.

"That was an outstanding performance darling!" Rarity said.

"I knew you could do it." Fluttershy said.

"Thanks girls." Twilight said "What would I do without friends like you?"

"You did well Twilight." Princess Celestia, rising to her hooves "But the question is can you do it again?"

"I know I can." Twilight said.

"Let's hope so." Princess Celestia said "Cause in the next round I'm going all out."

"I expect no less." Twilight said.

"Good." Princess Celestia said, healing both her wounds and Twilight's wounds as well as restoring their stamina. "So are you ready?"

"Ready and waiting." Twilight said.

"Round 2, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

Almost instantly Princess Celestia began attacking. Twilight managed to dodge the kicks and a few punches but the magic blasts were too fast for her to react to. "Well I did warn you Twilight." Princess Celestia said.

"I know, I know." Twilight said, she sounded like a filly that just been scolded by her parents.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Princess Celestia asked "Fight back already."

"With pleasure." Twilight said, unleashing her most powerful combo. She delivered a swift kick, a mid level punch, a mid level kick, an uppercut, another low kick, a low punch, another mid level kick, a magical blast, and to top it off a throw. Everything up to the throw worked to perfection, but Celestia managed to evade the throw and cancel the combo.

The crowd was going wild.

For a while Twilight and Celestia traded blows. Neither one ever gaining a noticeable advantage. All the while the excitement and tension was mounting.

"You have to be the most challenging opponet I've ever faced in battle Twilight." Princess Celestia, panting heavily and covered in bruise marks. Twilight was also panting and was also covered in bruise marks.

"You think so?" Twilight asked.

"Indeed." Princess Celestia said. Twilight beamed with pride. "However you made one mistake. And it's going to cost you big time."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"I know that combo you pulled off back there was your most powerful one." Princess Celestia said "And in battle you never use your most powerful moves right off the bat. Even if your opponet is weak."

"You're bluffing." Twilight said.

"Oh really?" Princess Celestia said "Then attack me and prove me wrong."

"You're gonna regret that!" Twilight said, charging forward.

"Twilight no!" Pinkie Pie shouted "It's a trap!"

But it was too late, Twilight's punch was blocked and a swift kick from Princess Celestia followed by a magic blast brought her down. The auidence gasped.

"K.O.!" Princess Celestia said "I win round two."

"Are you alright Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Twilight groaned and rose to her hooves. "I'm fine." she said "But I really should've known better then to charge in like that."

"It's alright Twilight. We all make mistakes some times." Applejack said.

"I know." Twilight said "But this mistake cost me the round and could cost me the match."

"You can't be thinking like that Twilight!" Applejack said "You need to stay focused and concentrate. That way you'll be less likely to make mistakes in the future. And make the big plays when they count."

"No matter what happens you'll always have our support." Rarity said.

"And remember it's not about whether you win or lose. It's about having a good time." Applejack said.

"All the same you shouldn't forget what's at stake." Rainbow Dash said.

"Just do your best." Fluttershy said.

"If you don't win I can still throw you a party." Pinkie Pie said "If that makes you feel any better."

"Just remember that you're not alone out there." Applejack said "As long as you remember that you should do okay."

"Thanks for the pep talk girls." Twilight said. As soon as she finished saying that she felt her wounds being healed and her stamina being restored by Princess Celestia. "Well wish me luck." she said.

"Hey after all you've been through you don't need luck." Applejack said.

"I hope you're right Applejack." Twilight said.

"I know I am." Applejack said "Now get out there and win."

"So it all comes down to this." Princess Celestia said "One final round. Winner takes all."

"Well just to let you know I didn't come all this way just to lose." Twilight said.

"We'll see about that." Princess Celestia said "So are you ready?"

"You know it." Twilight said.

"Final Round, Fight!" Princess Celestia said. The auidence fell silent, this was it. The battle to end all battles.

Twilight didn't dare try to make the first move. At this point she couldn't afford to be reckless. One slip up was all it would take for Princess Celestia to win it all.

"I see you're being cautious." Princess Celestia said "Well then allow me to make the first move." she charged up her horn and fired a magic blast. Twilight dodged it and retaliated with a blast of her own. Princess Celestia dodged it.

"If you wish to beat me then you'll have to stay one step ahead of me." Princess Celestia said.

For a long while that proved to be impossible for Twilight to do. All she could do was match Princess Celestia blow for blow. And whenever an opening presented itself Twilight would do her best to make use of it. All the same it seemed like Princess Celestia was in control of this match.

"Do you think Twilight's going to win?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course she's gonna win!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I don't know R.D." Applejack said "This fight looks like it could go either way."

"Whose side are you on A.J.?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm on Twilight's side of course." Applejack said "But can you blame me for being honest?"

"Sheesh no need to get so defensive." Rainbow Dash said "I was only asking a question."

"My 'Pinkie Sense' is telling me that Twilight could win." Pinkie Pie said "But if she does it's going to be close."

That prediction seemed like it was actually going to fail as Twilight suddenly found herself unable to counterattack. Princess Celestia seemed to be absolutely flawless.

"30 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia called out "This is it Twilight. If you want to beat me now's your last chance."

Both fighters were panting heavily and were covered from head to hoof in bruise marks. But Twilight didn't seem willing to attack.

"I hope you haven't given up my faithful student." Princess Celestia said. She then proceeded to start charging her horn. One full powered magic blast would be enough to win the match.

"Now's my only chance!" Twilight thought to herself. She charged forward and delivered a powerful uppercut. Princess Celestia was caught off guard and left vulnerable. Seizing the oppertunity Twilight grabbed Princess Celestia and threw her as far as she could. She then charged forward again before Princess Celestia could get up, and delivered a strong kick.

For a moment nothing happened. The auidence watched and waited. Then suddenly Princess Celestia rose to her hooves, wobbling slightly. "You win Twilight." she said with a smile and fell to the ground. "K.O." she muttered "The winner of this match and the tournament is Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight collapsed not a moment after. "That fight sure took a lot out of me." she said to herself. The auidence cheered loudly and burst into thunderous applause. Fireworks started shooting off from the stage.

"You did it Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said, wrapping Twilight in a tight hug.

"Pinkie Pie put me down, please." Twilight said.

"Oops sorry." Pinkie Pie said.

"That was an amazing victory there Twilight." Rainbow Dash said.

"You think so huh?" Twilight asked.

"I know so." Rainbow Dash said.

"You were on fire out there Twilight." Rarity said "Though I admit at times you had me worried."

"You did great." Fluttershy said "Now I'm glad I never fought against you."

"Hey I heard you did pretty good yourself." Twilight said.

"Oh it was nothing really." Fluttershy said.

"Congratulations Twilight." Applejack said "You did your best and you came out on top. You deserve this victory."

"Indeed I do." Twilight said. As soon as she finished speaking those words she could feel Princess Celestia healing her.

"You have done well my faithful student." Princess Celestia said "You were a worthy opponet."

"You think so?" Twilight asked. Princess Celestia nodded. Twilight smiled.

Author's Note:

It's not over yet for Twilight. Next time she's facing off against someone even more powerful then Celestia.

PreviousChapters Next