• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,581 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,581

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight Sparkle: Twilight v.s. Applejack

The stage was packed with ponies of different colors, type, and gender. Some of the eliminated fighters were mixed in as well and there was not one seat in the audience that was not filled. This newly constructed stadium in the heart of Canterlot served as the final stage of the tournament.

The loud cheering and thunderous applause was deafening. But it seemed like nothing to Princess Celestia as she addressed the crowd.

"Mares and gentlecolts. Children of all ages. After seven rounds of intense fighting and pulse pounding action it gives me great pleasure to present our two finalists." Princess Celestia said "In one corner we have Twilight Sparkle. The most talented and gifted unicorn since Star Swirl the Bearded himself."

The spotlights shined on the far left side of the stage, revealing Twilight. She waved her hoof to the audience to claps, cheers, and applause.

"And in the other corner we have Applejack Apple. A modest and humble Earth pony who always believes honesty is the best policy." Princess Celestia said.

The spotlights went all the way to the other side of the stage, revealing Applejack. Unlike Twilight she did not wave to the crowd and she didn't appear to be smiling. She was determined and serious.

"Only one of these ponies will emerge victorious and earn the right to face me for the prize." Princess Celestia said "So without further ado let's get this show on the road!" The audience erupted into applause that was so loud it could be heard for miles.

"So it looks like you and I are facing each other Applejack." Twilight said.

"Yep." Applejack said "I hope you ain't planning on holding back Twilight."

"I won't." Twilight said "I'm gonna give it my all."

"And so will I." Applejack said "And no matter who wins we'll still be friends."

"Couldn't have put it better myself." Twilight said "May the best mare win."

"Now then a simple coin toss shall determine which stage the fighters will battle on." Princess Celestia said. Using her magic she launched a coin into the air. She let it come back down and then picked it up and looked at it. "It's tails!" Princess Celestia said "So that means with the help of tournament officials Applejack's stage will be recreated." She then instructed the unicorns to light up their horns and channel the magic into a special machine.

Within seconds the background changed from a state of the art stadium with thousands of screaming fans to the calm and quiet of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Fighters are you ready?" Princess Celestia asked as Twilight and Applejack took their positions. Both fighters nodded. "Round 1, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Nothing personal Twilight but I must win." Applejack said.

"Bring it on Applejack!" Twilight said.

"See how you handle this!" Applejack said, opening with a kick. Twilight dodged.

"You'll have to do better than that to beat me." Twilight said, she had already decided for this match that she wouldn't use her magic out of fairness. So she attacked with a kick that Applejack dodged.

"Okay play time is over!" Applejack said "Now you'll see what I can really do!" She attacked with a punch, this time Twilight blocked it. A big mistake as Applejack delivered a swift kick that broke through Twilight's guard.

Twilight retaliated, attempting to attack Applejack with a combo. But after the intital uppercut and follow up kick Applejack dodged and broke the chain. "You'll need to be more original if you want to have any hope of beating me Twilight." Applejack said "You forget that I was the one who taught you how to fight."

"Are my moves really that predictable?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe they are and maybe they aren't." Applejack said "But if you don't shape up you won't last for much longer."

"We'll see about that." Twilight said.

"You're darn right we will." Applejack said "Now come at me sis."

"Okay you asked for it!" Twilight said. This time she decided to just improvise and make up an attack plan as she went along. Surprisingly she found she was actually pretty good at thinking on her feet. She still prefered fighting after thinking things over though.

"Now that's more like it!" Applejack said "This is a real challenge."

"Glad you think so." Twilight said.

The fight went on for a little while longer. Both Twilight and Applejack traded blow after blow, punch after punch, kick after kick, and combo after combo. But they soon noticed they were evenly matched. It seemed that this round would end in a tie.

"10 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia called out. Both Twilight and Applejack were bruised and fatigued, panting heavily. However Applejack's pride would not admit defeat and rather then let the round end in a tie decided to risk it all in a final gambit. She hurled her lasso, intending to rope Twilight and fling her for the win.

However what ended up happening was Twilight grabbed the lasso with her hooves and used it to fling Applejack instead. Applejack fell to the ground, humiliated at the fact that her own lasso had done her in.

"K.O.!" Princess Celestia said "Twilight Sparkle wins the first round."

"Nice try Applejack." Twilight said "You almost had me."

"Don't try to make me feel better Twilight." Applejack said, rising to her hooves "My pride cost me the victory, I'h have nopony to blame but myself."

"There's no convincing you otherwise is there?" Twilight asked "You're going to just assume you're a silly pony."

"Well minus the whole silly pony thing you're right." Applejack said "But I've learned my lesson and I won't make the same mistake again."

"Glad to hear that." Twilight said.

"While we're on the subject of silly ponies I couldn't help but notice you weren't using your magic. Care to explain why?" Applejack asked.

"I'm not going to use my magic, even if it wouldn't give me that much of an advantage." Twilight said "I can beat you without it."

"That's just nonsense Twilight." Applejack said "I don't want you to hold back, so feel free to use magic to your heart's content. As long as it's fair I don't mind."

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked.

"Of course I'm sure." Applejack said "I want to know that both of us fought to the best of our ability. And without you using your magic I won't be satisifed even if I win."

"Well okay but if I beat you just remember that you were the one who wanted to use my magic." Twilight said.

"I know what I'm doing." Applejack said.

Princess Celestia healed their wounds and restored their stamina, then instructed them to take their positions. "Fighters are you ready?" Princess Celestia asked. Both of them nodded. "Round 2, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Remember Twilight I want to see ya use your magic." Applejack said "Don't hold back, give me everything you've got."

"I intend to." Twilight said. To prove it she fired off several blasts of her magic. Applejack dodged all of them, but just barely.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Applejack said "Now I know for a fact that I'm going to enjoy this fight even if I don't win."

Twilight was relieved. After her stressful fight with Princess Luna (though the fight against Trixie still lingered in her mind) it was nice to have a friendly, and relaxing fight. As relaxing as a fight could be anyway.

Applejack was the one who was full of surprises this time around as she unveiled several new attacks. This included a new combo that caught Twilight by surprise and almost allowed Applejack to win the round and tie things up. Key word, almost.

Twilight eventually managed to turn things around and before long she and Applejack were pretty much even.

From then on the round turned into more or less a stalemate. Every attempt to end it by one fighter was blocked or dodged by another. Both fighters quickly began to grow fatigued and their stamina dropped like rocks.

"10 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia called out.

Applejack charged forward, attempting to deliver a swift kick and bring Twilight down. Rather then dodge it though Twilight fired a blast of magic, Applejack was unable to stop and it looked like she was going to be hit by it. She closed her eyes, preparing to go down.

Just before the blast reached her however Princess Celestia shouted "Time up! This round is a tie!" Just after she spoke those words Applejack took the blast full force. Surprisingly she came out of it still standing and covered in scorch marks. The background then faded back to the state of the art Canterlot stadium.

Of course Applejack knew that because Twilight had won the last round this tie had just given her the win. And sure enough Princess Celestia confirmed it. "The winner of this match is Twilight Sparkle who has earned the right to challenge me." she said.

"I'm proud of you Applejack." Twilight said "That was a fight that we can both be proud of."

"No, thank you Twilight for being such a worthy opponent." Applejack said.

"It was my pleasure." Twilight said.

"Best of luck in your fight against the Princess." Applejack said "I'll be rootin for ya. And so will the rest of our friends."

"You can do it Twilight!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"Take her down!" Rarity said.

"Just be careful." Fluttershy said.

"This is gonna be so much fun!" Pinkie Pie proclaimed "And I can't wait to throw you a party when you win!"

"I'll look forward to it Pinkie Pie." Twilight said with a smile.

Princess Celestia then healed both Applejack and Twilight's wounds. Applejack headed into the stand and found her reserved seat.

The crowd was going wild.

Author's Note:

Basically the last fight before Celestia for each mane six member will be with the one they are closer to. Since Twilight and Applejack are closer to each other they will fight each other for the final round of the tournament. It will be the same way when Applejack makes it to the final round in her story.

But first comes Twilight's story and up next is the fight with Celestia. But that fight won't be the end.

PreviousChapters Next