• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 12,530 Views, 565 Comments

Legacy of Dragons and Knights - DARKPHANTOM13



After being banished, Spike sets out to find out about both himself and his heritage. Though as he progress in his journey he will find out he is much more than he realize and deep within him a power unlike any other.

  • ...
30
 565
 12,530

The Thief

Spike P.O.V.

I am currently sleeping soundly on a bed for the first time in almost a week and considering that I have been sleeping in tree even this lumpy old mattress is a bit of an improvement. Right now nothing could ruin my good mood.

*Push* "Waah." I yell as I am push off the bed and land face first on the floor. Well, so much for my good mood. As I peel my face of the floor I look around the room and see that my yell has woken up everyone else in the room. Last night we managed to get to Dragonville around ten at night so Jack decided to stay at a motel and spend the day here to spread our legs and hit the road tomorrow morning. Too bad the Motel the blacksmith picked was the roach kind with the room only have one bed. A full grown man, two young teenagers, and a twelve year old sharing one bed tends to make it pretty cramp. Though I am just glad this place have running water so I can finally take a shower because Mist and I were starting to smell a bit ripe. After a much needed shower, brushing our teeth, changing over clothes, and getting some breakfast Mist and I decide to look around the town. We are currently in what looks to be a famers' market and it is glorious. Not only do they have what you would expect from a farmers' market but they have practically every kind of gemstone and crystal their is. They were even giving some free samples.

I while I'm currently in a gemstone fueled daydream with Mist checking the local cuisine when suddenly I hear, "Yo id wa?!?!"

I look around trying to find out where the noise came from but no such luck, so I turn to Mist and ask, "Did you hear that?"

Mist turns to and says "Yeah I think so. Sounded like someone yelling or something, right?"

"Yeah though I couldn't make out what they were saying." I reply. After thinking about it for a minute I shrug it off and we continue walking through town. Looking around I notice that while many of the people here are dragonborns their are a few other races such as earthwalkers, a few mages, even a changeling or two. 'I had heard about small groups of changelings that defected from Chrysialis's reign and had made something along the lines of treaties with some nations other than Equestria. I guess this place is one of them.' While my first encounter with the changeling race wasn't a good one I have really nothing against them. As long as they don't give me any trouble I don't see why I should give them any.

*Crash* The noise came from up ahead. Mist and I see a bunch of familiar looking dragonborns gaining up on a old woman earthwalker merchant. It is the same dragonborns I met during the retreat a few years ago, Garble and his merry band of idiots. And from the looks of it they are still causing trouble. I see Mist about to charge into the fray so I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

Mist turns to me and loudly asks "What are you doing? We have to help that old lady."

"I know and I want to help but we can't just rush in their. We need a plan." I answer while trying to come up with a plan of attack when suddenly a hooded figure charges at the three and crashes into them making them fall on their backs. While the three dragonborns is still on the floor the new figure leaps, flips, and spins into the air to a standing position facing the group of idiots.

"Why are you guys picking on a sweet old lady? You fuckers must be pretty weak if your too afraid to pick a fight with anyone stronger." The new challenger says. Getting closer I take a look the new comer. He looks like he is about my age with a slim figure, zipped up blue hoodie, gray cargo pants, and black running shoes. I couldn't see his face due to the beaked hood casting a shadow on his face.

"What did say?!" Garble say angrily as he and his cronies is getting up from the ground.

"Do you have crap in your ears or are you fucker just that dumb? I can speak more slowly if you want." The hooded figure says mocking the three stooges. While I may not be able to see his face I can tell he is enjoying pissing these three off.

"That's it, when I get my hands on you I'm going to fried your ass!" Garble says beyond piss off.

"You'll have to catch me first fuckers!" The guy in the blue hoodie says happily while he makes a run for it, running so fast he makes a dust cloud, with the moron gang chasing after him.

"Come on Spike, that kid might need our help." Mist says joining the chase with me not too far behind.

3rd P.O.V.

The chase has been going on for ten minutes straight, zigzagging through the town, and while the chase-e is breathing a bit hard he could keep this up more a bit linger. The three stooges however is currently huffing and puffing like a old steam engine. It seems like it never occur to these brainless nimrods that they have wings and could have just fly instead of literally running themselves ragged. " They're persistent, I'll give them that. Time to give those dumbasses the slip." The chase-e thinks to himself.

He quickly goes into a corner into an alleyway with the three numbskulls not far behind, but when they get their they he was gone. The only person their was a dirty hobo with tattered clothes sitting on the ground.

"Hey, did you see some dude run by?" Garble harshly asks.

The hobo looks up, nods points towards some nearby forest, and says "Yes, he was running towards Dragontail Woods."

Without so much as a thanks the brainless trio runs towards the woods. As soon as they were out of sight the hobo grins as he stands up. A magic aura centers up his feet, moves up his body, reveling the hooded figure.

"Heh, works every time." He says. He takes out three wallets from his jacket pocket, opens them, and search through their contexts. "Not as much as I expected but overall a pretty decent haul." He walks back to town while taking out the money from the wallets and put it into his pants pocket and throws the wallets into a nearby trash can. As he continue his walk he starts to softly sing to himself.

Though while the pickpocket is singing he was being watch by two figure on top of a nearby house.

"Huh, didn't expect that. He guy must be a changeling." Spike states.

"Yeah, and a smart one to give those guys the slip." Mist says impressed with the tactic the hooded changeling used.

"Maybe but it doesn't take much to trick those idiots."

"You know them?"

"I had a run in with those three a few years back. They maybe big and strong but they're as smart as a doorknob."

When the changeling get far enough they hope down to ground level and make their way back to town.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the pickpocket is walking through town he notices a commotion going on and see what it is about. He gets closer, just enough for him to hear but far enough that most people wouldn't notice him.

"Somebody please help me. I was attacked by a group of bandits. They took my wife and all my stuff." A man say pleading.

"Damnmit, it must be those bastards again that hold up in that old mansion in Dragontail Woods. They been at it for months now." Another says.

"Yeah but what can we do, we are not fighter and the guard won't be here for another five days." A women says.

"This sounds interesting. I haven't raided a bandit camp in a while and if I'm lucky this could be a big score. And I might as well free that guy's wife while I'm at it." The theif thinks to himself as he walks away to gather more information for his latest heist. Not too far away Mist and Spike here everything and decides to that out the bandits.

"Lets go take those guys out." The knight in training says.

" Don't worry, we will but we need a plan first. Lets gather some info on the woods and the mansion and come up with a plan. We'll leave tonight, take down those bandits, and free that man's wife." The green haired dragonborn says. With that in mind that start talking to the locals to get as much information as possible to plan out their rescue mission, unaware that they are about to get some help from an unexpected source.

Author's Note:

The people have spoken and the thief makes his appearance. I always though a changeling with all their powers would be perfect for the roles I have planned for this character and yes this is my own OC. There will be more about him in the next chapter.