• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 12,530 Views, 565 Comments

Legacy of Dragons and Knights - DARKPHANTOM13



After being banished, Spike sets out to find out about both himself and his heritage. Though as he progress in his journey he will find out he is much more than he realize and deep within him a power unlike any other.

  • ...
30
 565
 12,530

Consequences and a Old Friend

Twilight P.O.V.

I just back home about an hour ago and the sun is about to set. After putting away my luggage I called all my friends to have a meeting at the library about what I learned from my meeting with Celestia. We are currently standing around with all the girls’ attention on me.

"So darling, what did Princess Celestia wanted to talk about with you. Did she find Spikey Wikey?" Rarity asks hopefully. That is probably is what is on basically everyone's mind. All of them and those who supported Spike from the very being have been wondering when will Spike be back. It makes what I'm about to say even harder than it already is.

"Sort of-" I start but I'm quickly cut off by the bundle of random energy known as Pinkie in a explosion of confetti.

"YAY! Spike is coming home! This calls for a party! I'll invite all everyone in Ponyville! Wait, Cranky won't be able to go since he'll be out of town. Does he even like cake? I wonder what his favorite flavor is? I should make a gem cake for Spike party. Maybe I should make two cakes since nobody besides Spike eats gem. Maybe a cake filled with cherry chimmichangas-" She would probably continue talking for another ten minutes on one breathe if I didn't use my magic to zip her lips close.

"I'm sorry Pinkie but there's more so I can please finish?" I try to ask nicely. Pinkie rapidly nods her head in agreement. "As I was saying they haven't actually found Spike though they got a pretty good idea of where he is going."

"Then where is the little guy going?" Dash decides to ask.

"All the evidence the Guard had found in the Everfree Forest points to the assumption that Spike is going to the Dracoheart Kingdom and is probably already there by now."

"At least we have a better idea of where we should look for him." Fluttershy quietly comments. "Maybe we can get the guard or police there to help look for Spike. If that is okay with them."

I sadly shake my head. "We can't ask them to look for Spike. As it turns out Celestia was forced to call off the search."

That statement causes a tense silence until all five of my friends scream out as one. "WHAT?!"

"What do ya mean sugarcube? Why ain't Celestia looking for Spike?" Applejack questions.

I let out a sign knowing that the hard part is coming up. "Some of the things I'm about to tell you girls is very important and Celestia wants few people to know. If I tell you girls you all must Pinkie promise to never breathe a word about what I'm about to tell you to anyone. Understand." All my friends nod with serious looks on their face, surprisingly even Pinkie. After all of them go through the motions of the promise I tell them everything that happened in the meeting. The reasons why Celestia can't let the Dracoheart Kingdom government, the fact the Spike is Celestia's adopted son, and what could happen if the Dragonborn homeland finds out what happened to Spike.

This leaves my fellow Elements of Harmony speechless with their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open and in all honesty I can't blame them. The first one to snap out of it is Dash. "Wait, wait, hold on a second here! You’re telling us that Spike, the little squirt, is Celestia’s son! And he is by all rights a prince?!” I simply nod my head as I let my friends absorb the information, creating a strong silence. Rarity is the first one to regain her composure. "Well that might explain a few things."

I raise an eyebrow and ask, "What do you mean Rarity?"

"The other day Sapphire Shores called that she is cancelling her order of ten new outfits for her tour coming up while Fancy Pants has informed me that he'll be dropping some business arrangements the two of us had set up. It turns out that both Sapphire and Fancy are good friends' of Spike from his time in Canterlot and when word about Spike Wikey reached them they were more than displeased." Rarity looks down at her feet with a sad guilty look on her face before she continues. "Apparently the reason Sapphire Shores came to my Boutique in the first place is because Spike recommended my skills and Fancy was so willing to make our business arrangement in the first place was due to all the good things Spike said about me to him. Thankfully Fancy Pants is still willing to do business with me, though it will take time and effort to get back in his good graces. Though it will take a lot longer to get back at Sweetie's good side again. The dear won't even speak a word to me."

"I hear where ya are comin' from. The people who were real close to Spike won't buy any apples if I'm the one selling and Applebloom has been giving me the cold shoulder for a good while now." Applejack slightly flinches for some reason rubs the side of her head. "When I tried to talk to the girl she threw Granny Smith's dentures at me. Dang girl is getting a good arm. Big Mac and Granny have been taking things better than Applebloom but not by much."

Rainbow Dash signs sadly to herself. "Same here. Scoots is pretty piss with me too. She either locks herself in her room or hangs with her friends, for the last two weeks we rarely talk. Not only that but I have been getting a few glares from some of the guys around town. I even got the stink eye from Ditzy." A small shudder rips through her body. "Man, the way she does it is downright creepy."

Now that I think about it I have been getting a few glares, looks, and whispers behind my back around town. "Pinkie, have you and Fluttershy been getting any looks or glares."

Pinkie turns her head down to stare at her feet and her hair slightly deflates. "Sort of. A few people aren't out right mean but they don't want to talk with me for too long. They're usually straight to point whenever I talk to them and go about their business."

Fluttershy also gets a sad look on her face. "Nobody has been giving me any glares but a few people have been avoiding me a bit though."

A moment of silence rings throughout the library. Guilt and the consequences of our action towards Spike weighing down our mind, especially mine, causing me to take a look around the library. Fewer people have been stopping at the library lately though it could be the state it is in instead of my actions specifically. I take a quick look around the library and see that the place looks like Dash flew by. About half the books that aren’t on the shelves are either laying on the floor or stack into unstable towers. The books that actually are on the shelves are all out of order. I can tell that my friends didn't want to sit anywhere due to the mess but didn't want to say anything. While I was able to put away the books I ended up having a study session before my trip and forgot to put away my books. The kitchen is a disaster zone with dishes piling up and uneatable food from my past cooking attempts. And I'm not sure whether or not my eyes are playing tricks on me but I think last week's attempt at making meatloaf just moved. When I packed for my trip to Canterlot the other day I had a tough time finding clothes that hasn't shrunk or wasn't pink from when I tried to do the laundry.

I never knew how much work Spike did around our home. I'm so use to basically studying and spending time with my friends while I leave all the house chores to Spike I don't know how to do any of the tasks I normally assign him. Even if I focus only on the chores by the time I'm done or at least attempt them the day is almost over and usually I'm too tired to do anything else. I wonder how Spike is able to do this practically every single day. To spend his days working away inside with little to no time to himself or spend time with anyone. Once that would be like a dream come true for me, now it would be a nightmare.

The one to break the silence is surprisingly Fluttershy. "So, how is the Crystal Empire taking the news?"

Huh? "What do you mean?"

"Well the Crystalbounds (see what I did there) look up to Spike as their hero, the Crystal Saver, and they were pretty angry that Spike wasn't invited to the Equastrian Games that one time. If they find out that their hero was exiled for something he didn't do they will probably be really mad."

Oh...Oh on. No. No! NO! She's right! How did the princesses and I miss that?! The Crystal Empire practically worships Spike. If they hear about this only Celestia knows what they will do! They could start riots, dethrone Shining and Candace, or even declare war on Equestria! And if the Dracoheart Kingdom learns why they went to war they might join them! Than Equestria will be at war on two sides!

"Yeah and not only that but even if we keep quiet they and the Dragonborns might still hear what happened." Rainbow states. "Spike could end up telling somebody that he was exiled and why while he's there. Word could get around and reach the guys in charge."

"You two are right! I got to inform the princesses of this!" I quickly get a scroll, a quill, and start writing down what was just discussed. "Basically that is all that the princesses told me and they promise that if they learn anything they will tell us. Now if you guys happen to hear anything involving Spike let the rest of us know and inform the princesses." I finish writing my letter, roll it up, place the royal seal on it, and hand it to Rainbow. "Can you please take the letter to the princesses as fast as you can?"

Dash gets a cocky, determine look on her face as she grabs the scroll. "No problem, I'll get it there in ten seconds flat." With that said she runs out the library and takes to the sky, heading straight for Canterlot. As my friends say their goodbyes and take their leave I stand there facing the door I just closed. Many thoughts run through my head but one stands out from the rest. 'This is all my fault.' If I just got all my facts straight, if I waited to for the CMC to wake up and tell me what happened, if I just let Spike tell his side of the story none of this would happen. Spike would still be here, Celestia would know that her son is safe, and Equestria wouldn't be in possible danger. I would be crying right now if I hadn't use up my tears for the moment. I take in a shaky breath as I turn around so I can clean up as much as I can before I turn in for the night, but what I see in front of me causes me to stop mid step.

It turns out I did see the meatloaf move earlier.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Third P.O.V.

As Twilight battles against a new evil, the living meatloaf, she doesn't notice the young looking yellow and orange bird look through the window. The bird has been there since the meeting has started. While a good deal of what has been said made little sense to him what he does understand is the one he seeks is no longer here and the knowledge where he might be. With that in mind he takes to the sky and flies in the direction of the Dracoheart Kingdom with one goal in mind.

To be reunited with his friend and master.

Author's Note:

I hope you like this. And remember the one who are truly mad are the ones who are close or good friends to Spike and I feel that Pinkie and Fluttershy are one of those people that is hard to get mad at. And Spike's team new addition is on his way and you all could probably guess how it is.