• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 12,525 Views, 565 Comments

Legacy of Dragons and Knights - DARKPHANTOM13



After being banished, Spike sets out to find out about both himself and his heritage. Though as he progress in his journey he will find out he is much more than he realize and deep within him a power unlike any other.

  • ...
30
 565
 12,525

Truth

Twilight P.O.V.

Celestia's sun is slowly making its way through sky. The few beams of sunlight hit my face through the blinds awaking me. I get up from my bed in my purple pajamas while I stretch my body and rub the sleep from my eyes. I go through my normal morning routine. Brush my teeth, take a shower, and change into my day clothes which include a purple shirt, a dark pink sweater vest, and a purple skirt that went below my knees.

I make my way down stairs all the while yelling "Spike, can you make breakfast? Eggs and pancakes would be nice."

Nothing. Not a single sound. No sounds of someone rushing down the steps. No sounds of someone cooking. No "Sure Twilight.", "Way ahead of you Twi", or "You want anything else Twilight." It took me a few minutes before my memory kicks in. Due to the unspeakable crimes my former assistant has commented I personally exiled him to never be seen again.

Groaning in frustration I make my way to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. When I got their I see the oven's door wide open so anyone in the room could see the black charred identifiable substance that cover the inside it and the pan still inside. My attempt at making dinner last night didn't exactly go according to plan.

I raise my hand and focus on my magic. With it a bowl, a spoon, and container of milk, and a box of cereal float out of their respected places and make my breakfast for the day. As I quietly munch on my cereal I can't help but think back to that fateful day. It has been seven days since Spike murdered John Dark, burn down John's and his wife Jenny's newly bought house down, and attacked and severely injured Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Just remembering the incident causes rage, disgust, betrayal, and sadness to bubble up inside of me.

Flashback

It was a sunny late spring day. I was at home reading some new additions that came to the library. Spike was out at the time. Though I do not know where he went. For some reason it was been happening a lot lately. He use to stay home to help around the library and always ready to help me if I needed it. Now though he would go out without saying anything and come back Celestia knows when. He has gotten more rebellious and now hates staying inside the library and would spend every day outside if he can help it. He would still do his chores but would complain a lot more if I tell him to clean up after my study sessions or stay in the library. Sometimes he would just ignore me and go about his business. From the way he acts he doesn't even care about being my number one assistant anymore. I even found some books about weapons and fighting under his matrass once. When I confront him about it he just shrugs and says it was something he was interested in. I was really starting to get worried about him.

Out of nowhere I heard someone banging on my door startling me out of my train of thought. Groaning I got up and see what all the noise was about. When I open the door I saw a frantic disheveled Jean Dark. She was a somewhat frail and pale woman that normally wears somewhat old fashion clothes. She and her husband moved to Ponyville about a month ago. The frail woman's husband was a bit stiff and a bit old fashion but for the most a okay guy.

"Hello Jean. Is something the matter?" I questioned, worried about the woman who looked like she was about to fall over any minute now.

"It's Spike! He came to our house and attacked me and went after my husband! I think Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle was with John." She said frantically and out of breathes, showing that she probably ran over here.

My mind came to a complete stop. Spike did that? No, he couldn't have, I told myself. He might had been acting weird for a long time now but he wouldn't just attack somebody, I thought. I snapped myself out of my trance and made my way outside and pass Jean. I collect my magic into my back and purple feathered wings appeared out of my back.

Without a moment to lose, I shoot up to the sky and flew to the Dark family home. While they lived on the outskirts of Ponyville at the speed I was flying to only take about 2.50 minutes for their house to come into view. And it was a horrific sight. The house was burning; smoke was rising into, and covered in ghostly green fire. It was exactly the same as Spike's dragon fire. I landed a couple of feet in front of the time burning house and something that still can't un-see.

A few feet from the front door laid the CMC. All three of the girls were covered with bruises and cuts and all of their clothes were ripped to shreds. Scootaloo had one of her wings broken, Applebloom's arm was broken, and Sweetie left leg was broken. While saw the three were still breathing I knew that we had to get him to hospital. And standing not two feet behind him was Spike who didn't noticed my arrival. His clothes were ripped in some places and he seemed to be panting a bit. And he had a blood covered knife in his hand. I must had been staring at the scene for a while now because Jean with a small crowd of some of Ponyville's citizens had come to onto the scene.

"Where is he, where is John? What did you do to my husband?!" Jean had cried out.

It seemed like at the mere mention of the man’s name it filled Spike with an untold amount of rage and with a deathly calm and cold raged voice he said, "I killed the bastard and left his body to burn in that place."

There were a chorus of gasps and whispers at this new information. Jean in a fit of anger and sadness charged at Spike while the young dragon born was about to swing his knife at her. I was able to stop Jean with my magic while I sent an energy blast at Spike. As soon as it landed he dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes and the still bloody knife rolled out of his hand.

End of Flashback

After that my friends arrived at the scene. I restrained Spike before he woke up while the others took the CMC to get their wounds treated. Spike woke up and I confronted him about what happened. He said that he did killed John Dark and he was the one who started the fire. He tried to same himself with some lie or another but I ignored him. I severed the connection between him and Celestia and for the good of both Ponyville and exiled him. I gave him 30 minutes to gather whatever belongings and personally escort him to the Everfree Forest.

Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo were sent to the hospital and while their injuries were server they will pull through. And Jean after what has happened couldn't stay here anymore hurriedly left to her parents place in Seattle. After I was done with my cereal I put the bowl and spoon in the sink and call out "Spike, wash the dishes." And once again, no answer. This is starting to get old. I've been doing this for the past week and I still keep doing it even after I threw away anything that belongs to Spike and didn't take with him.

I sign to myself, deciding to check on Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity who have been in the hospital to keep an eye on the CMC for the past week. I concentrate of my magic and teleport to the hospital's lobby. There I see the three waiting. Applejack is a slightly tall earthwalker with long golden hair tied, freckles, tanned skin, musicaler body and green eyes. She is wearing her usual cowgirl outfit with her signature hat. To Applejack's left sat Rainbow Dash. She is an athletic valkyrie of average height. Like her name her hair had all the colors of the rainbow with light skin, red eyes, and with her usual tight light blue top, shorts, and running shoes. Next to her is the ever proper Rarity. She is a mage that considers herself to be a high class women. She has her hair in her usual elegant curl and wearing a simple white dress with matching high heels.

"Any news on the CMC?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah, they woke up a few minutes ago. The doctors are looking the over before we can see them." Dash answers with relief in her words.

With relief washing over me I sat next to my three friends. A minute later a nurse comes and tells that we could see the young girls now. When we get to their room I see the three of them awake with bandages dotting across their bodies with one of Scootaloo's wing, Applebloom's arm, and Sweetie's leg in casts. From the look on their face they were beyond happy with tears of joy coming down their faces to see their sisters or in Scootaloo's case her adoptive mother.

Each of my three friends go to their respective family member and begin consoling them.

"Don't worry darling, that horrible monster Spike will never hurt you again." Rarity says gently.

This got all three crusaders' attention with confuse looks on their faces. Sweetie asks Rarity "What are you talking about sis? Spike never hurt us."

Author's Note:

I have tried to stop myself from making a cliffhanger but I couldn't resist. And arch angels= alicorns have the ability to summon and unsummon their wings

I'll make sure I'll at least have the next chapter up by the end of the week.

May the darkness be with you.