• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 12,516 Views, 565 Comments

Legacy of Dragons and Knights - DARKPHANTOM13



After being banished, Spike sets out to find out about both himself and his heritage. Though as he progress in his journey he will find out he is much more than he realize and deep within him a power unlike any other.

  • ...
30
 565
 12,516

The Start of a Journey

1st-person P.O.V.

Fire, that is all that I see right now. Ghostly, emerald green fire is burning all around me in what appears to be a basement. I’m looking around frantically for a way out. While the fire can’t hurt me due to my heritage, I don’t want to be inside of this place when it comes crashing down on top of my head. While trying to find an exit, I noticed three small familiar figures lying on the floor. I ran over to them and—once I got a better look at them—noticed how bad of a shape they were in. With those injuries, they needed to get to a hospital quick, but I’m not sure if I can lift them all by myself.

“Hey girls, wake up! We need to get out of here! C’mon girls, wake up!” I cry, trying to awaken them, but to no avail. Then I sense someone behind me. I quickly turn around to see a somewhat familiar figure, one much taller than me, wearing clothes with a few burn marks, and the same twisted murderous grin I remember with a blood stained knife in his hand held in reverse-grip style.

“You?! Why?! Why did you do this to them?!” I said, with smoke pouring out of my mouth; I was ready to rip this monster’s throat out. The man charges me hoping to put the knife in my skull. Too bad I was able to catch his arm mid swing before he got the chance. Our struggle became a contest of strength, where my defeat would mean a knife sticking out of my head. While my adversary's height gives him an advantage in this situation, being a descendent of one of the strongest beings on the planet evened the playing field. Unfortunately, we weren’t getting anywhere; and with this place still on fire, the faster I could get my friends out, the better.

I take in a breath of air and exhale my signature dragon fire in to the man’s chest. The figure back-pedaled trying to put out the fire, dropping the knife in the process. Seeing my chance, I grab the knife, charge full speed at the man that tried to kill me, and shoved the knife as deep as it can go into his heart. I hold the knife in place until he stops moving. I was about to get up and go to my three unconscious friends when suddenly my friend, the man I just killed, the fire and everything else around me faded to black.

I look around and all I see is myself and an endless black void. Out of nowhere seven figures appear in front of me. One of them I somewhat recognize while the others I know like the back of my hand.

“That’s him! That’s the one who killed my husband, tried to kill those girls, and set fire to our house!” one of the figures with a shrill voice screamed and pointed at me. Though I know she wasn’t telling the complete true. I was trying to protect my friends not hurt them, but before I could tell her off the others spoke.

“How could you? How could do something so terrible you monster?!” The normally quiet one out of my six best friends screamed loudly. It felt like a piece of my heart broke when she said 'monster'.

“You are nothing but a murderer, you big meanie!” The usually happy person yelled angrily at me. I felt another piece break off of my heart.

“You bastard! You’re going to pay for hurting my little girl!” A brash voice yelled out over what happen to her newly appointed daughter. Another piece falls.

“And to our little sisters!” A southern voice cried out with the noble figure next to its owner glaring death at me. Two more pieces break off and my heart is on its last legs. I tried to speak, tell them they were wrong, explain what really happened, but no words came out of my mouth no matter how loud I yelled. The final figure walked out to me with a look of pure disgust across her face.

“You have committed an unforgivable crime Spike.” She said in a cold voice. Then suddenly she placed her hand on my chest and pain shoots out through my body. As quickly as it came it was over.

“I have severed your connection to Celestia. By my power as the Princess of Magic, you, Spike the Dragonborn, are banished from Equestria, never to set foot on its soil ever again.” And like that my heart shattered. How could they do this to me? After all the times we shared, all the times I helped them? They believe her over me, their best friend?! I was beyond pissed and crying my eyes out at the same time.

“Now be gone!” The person that was like a sister to commanded; then I was suddenly sent flying through the void, all the while screaming a soundless scream as the darkness engulfs me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I yelled as I woke up in a cold sweat with tears in my eyes. Quickly, I looked around to get my bearings. I was up in the tree I tied myself to the night before, with my backpack strapped to my front and the ordinary looking sword—which my brother, Shining Armor, gave me for my 12th birthday along with a book on how to properly use a sword—still in hand. Taking a look at my wristwatch, I saw that it was about seven-thirty in the morning. The reason I decided to spend the night in a tree was because I was currently in none other than the infamous Everfree Forest, a forest filled with many dangerous creatures. I learned from my friend, Zecora, that it is better to sleep high in the trees than on the ground where most of the forest’s predators can get you. I was somewhat confident that my half decent skills with my sword, fire breath, fire-based powers, and natural strength, speed, and endurance that came with being a Dragonborn would be enough to handle most of the things that this forest can throw at me. Nevertheless, I didn’t like the idea of being attacked in my sleep during the middle of the night.

After I untied myself from the tree, repositioned my backpack, and sheathed my sword, I carefully made my way down to the ground with my nightmare still fresh in my mind. So many sensations still lingered within me: the worry I had for the CMC, the adrenaline rush I got from fighting and killing their assailant, the pain and betrayal I felt from being scorned and banished by my so called best friends without even hearing my side of the story, the regret... "NO! I don’t regret killing that psycho! If I didn’t, he would have killed Applebloom, Sweetie, and Scoots," I tell myself. Though I never did learn whether or not they were okay after the incident since nobody would tell me. I hope they are still alive. After making sure the coast was clear, I finally got off the tree and onto solid ground.

I went to a small nearby creek I found the other day to fill up on water before continuing on my journey. Once I got there, I started filling my water bottles with as much of the liquid as they can carry. After I was finished, I look at my reflection. My emerald green hair, that was naturally wild and spikey, was bent, pointing behind me. Deep green eyes with a snake-like pupil looked right back at me with a bit of red from the crying I was doing in my sleep. I am somewhat tanned and in pretty decent shape since for the past year or so I have been trying to get out of the library as much as possible to do some of my own interests. I was also a bit taller than the average 13-year-old which I was happy with since I spent most of my short life shorter than most people in my age group. I’m currently wearing a purple hooded jacket, a green t-shirt, some blue jeans, and some hiking boots I got when I started being more outdoorsy.

After checking myself over, I dug into my pack to bring out my map and compass. It was day two of my banishment and the plan was to get to the other side of this forest, go through the badlands, and into Dragonborn territory. Not much of a plan, but it’s better than nothing. After figuring out where I was and which way I needed to go, I put away my things, strapped my backpack on, unsheathed my sword—just in case I have to use it quickly—and continued on with my journey.

It's times like this I was grateful to Zecora for teaching me how to survive in outdoors for the past 10 months or so, and to Shining for getting my sword and book on how to use it that I still have with me. Though with that thought, I started to think how much I was going to miss them and the rest of my friends. I shook my head to get rid of the depressing thoughts that were trying to work their way into my head and tried to be positive.

‘Well, I’m going to have that life filled with adventure that I always wanted,’ I thought, slightly cheering myself up. ‘Yeah, I can finally learn more about my heritage, my culture, and I might even learn about my real family and parents,’ I happily thought inside my head. I fist pump the hand that wasn’t holding the sword into the air yelling, “Nothing is going to stand in my way now!” Though after around ten steps I slump my shoulders, lowered my head, and let out a deadpanned sigh.

“Annnd I probably just jinxed myself.” I muttered under my breath.

Author's Note:

After spending so much time reading stories I decided to try my hand at it. Everyone is going be mostly human with some key aspects from their cartoon forms. With the world having some characteristics or characters from other sources. As for updating I'll try to keep it at least once a week but I'm not making any promises. Tell me what you thing and go easy since it is my first fic.
DARKPHANTOM13 out!.