• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 12,516 Views, 565 Comments

Legacy of Dragons and Knights - DARKPHANTOM13



After being banished, Spike sets out to find out about both himself and his heritage. Though as he progress in his journey he will find out he is much more than he realize and deep within him a power unlike any other.

  • ...
30
 565
 12,516

The Assiasian Princess, the Warrior Noblewoman, and an old Companion

Shadow P.O.V.

I sign to myself as I take a bite out of a burger while sitting on the roof top of some two story building. I managed to get away from the two dads. Too bad they had to show up when they did, those two girls were cute and the love that was starting to spark up for me would've been a great dessert. Now I have more food than I can stomach and I hate wasting food. As I finish up one of the burgers I hear a familiar voice behind.

"Hey Shadow, long time no see. Mind sharing some of that food with me?" The person asks me. I recognize that voice anywhere.

"Why not? Not like I could finish all this by myself." I reply. The person sits down beside me. A pitch black hand reaches out and grabs one of the two remaining burgers.

"Got run off by a couple of dads again?"

"Yup. How's your mom?"

"Sigh. More or less the same. I finally was able to convince her to try more peaceful routes to help our people. We were able to convince the person currently in charge of this part of Dracoheart and some of the noble families to let some of our people to live and work here. If things go well we can show the world that we aren't soulless monsters that want to drain people dry. We just want to live our lives just like anybody else."

"That may be true but that doesn't mean that everybody will let us. There are those who will hate and despise us for what others of our race has done in the past or just for what we are. That is the same for every race. No matter, discrimination and prejudice will never completely go away."

"That's true but if we can reduce the number of people that hate and mistrust us than we must at least try. For the sake of not only us but for everyone."

"True enough. Any luck with that love substitution drink?"

"It's gotten better. It does its job better but it could be improved. At the moment it's basically a protein shake."

"So you basically mean it is good for you but it's nasty as hell?" My reply earns a chuckle from the cloaked girl.

"More or less."

"So, any reason why a princess is in a town like this?"

"Yes and you’re a part of that reason. You see a friend of mine wants to thank you and the two others that were with you when you three took out those bandits. Do you know whether or not they’re here?"

"Yeah they’re here. I just met them and two friends of theirs a few minutes ago. You would not believe the stuff we had to go through in that place." It takes a few minutes to tell her what happened in the underground crypt. Everything from the booby-traps to the giant zombie that almost wiped the floor with us.

"Well, looks like you've had some interesting adventures. Now, tell me about your two friends. What are their names, what kind of people are they, are they strong, and more importantly are they cute?"

"Heh, I find it ironic that that you often call me a flirt when you're just as bad as me, if not worst. Anyway, their names are Spike, a Dragonborn with green hair and eyes, and Mist, an Earthbound with black hair and brown eyes. They both seem like nice guys but Mist is more serious of the two while Spike is a bit more laid back. They're pretty strong in their own ways. Spike is a decent shot with a gun and is pretty good with a sword and can think on his feet. And I think he might be a Mix since I've seen him do things with his dragon fire that I haven't seen any Dragonborns do but I've seen mages do something similar. Mist is basically a knight or at least a knight in training. The guy is really good with a sword and has good fighting instincts. I can tell that he's been practicing for probably years now. As for the cute part you'll have to see for yourself."

"They sound interesting. Can you take me to them? My friend would love to meet the three of you."

"Sure but who is this friend of yours you keep mentioning and why is she so interested in meeting us."

"You see she is part of one of the noble families in this section of Dracoheart. This family in particular tries to take great care of its lower classes in this section and all of Dracoheart in general. They were about to send guards that they helped funded to take care of the bandits when you and your friends came in and took care of them for her family."

"I don't suppose this 'thank you' involves a lot of money?"

"Sorry but no." I curse under my breath at that answer.

"Fine let’s go find them. They shouldn't be too hard to find?" As we finish off the food we're about to make our way to where we last saw those guy when we hear a scream. I take a quick look at the princess beside me and ask her a silent question. She nods and we both take to the sky with a buzz as we make our way in the direction of the scream. After a minute or so we land on a rooftop in the area where the scream came from. We look down from where we stand to the scene below. There is a group of five kids around my age with swords. The one in the front of the group was a girl in a fancy dress with what looks to be a rapier on her waist. You could practically feel the snooty and obnoxiousness coming off of her from here. The rest were guys, probably just a bunch of punks she paid off. The rest of them have the average two side sword in their hands and just one look on their faces tells me that their just a bunch of bullies.

That group is facing another group of three people. Two of them are young Changelings that don't look older than ten and one person that is wearing a cloak. Probably the friend of my friend. The girl in black is standing protectively of the two kids. This is probably a bunch of bullies thinking that they’re about to teach some kids a lesson about being different. It made my blood boil at the mere thought. Just as I'm about to rain down lightning, frost, and pain on their asses when something caught my eye. I look at an alleyway to see someone running towards them. I grin when I realize who it is. My friend is about to jump down when I put my arm in her way. "Hold up Kevra. It looks like you’re going to see one of my friends in action."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
??? P.O.V.

This is a fine predicament I find myself in. I was just making my way through town looking for the group that defeated those bandits when I came across this group attacking two children that couldn't protect themselves. That is why I intervened before the two changelings could get hurt.

"What do you think you’re doing standing in my way?" The leader of the group asks in a screeching voice. She was a pink haired earthbound from the haunting tone and high class look she was a noble that lives in the area. The rest are boys and Dragonborns. From the way the Dragonborns hold their swords and their stances they probably had never swung a sword in their lives while their leader’s weapon is probably just for show.

"I think I'm stopping you from hurting two innocent children." I reply with convection.

The girl in front of me scoffs. "Well those things are far from innocent. They and their family had the audacity to live in the same town as me. My associates and I was just teaching them a lesson."

I could feel my eyebrow twitching at the answer. While I probably sound a bit snobbish for saying so I can't believe that we're in the same social class. "I'm appalled that you, an Earthbound living in a kingdom whose population mostly consists of Dragonborns are doing something like this. Just because they’re different from you. It is no wonder why people who aren't nobles hate us in general. It's people like you that give nobles a bad name."

"WHAT?!" The pink haired girl screeches. "How dare you say that?! I'm a noble; you should be doing as I say."

"I'll never bow down to someone as pathetic as you."

"Have it your way. One of you go over there and teach her a lesson." She orders one of her lackeys. One of the Dragonborns charges me with his sword ready for an overhead swing. I'm about to draw one of my swords that is hidden under my cloak when I hear a loud bang. A green bullet zips out of a nearby alleyway hits the sword the charging Dragonborn is holding. Breaking the blade and knocking it out of his hand. We all look at the alleyway where the shot came from. A figure holding a gun walks out of the shadows' of the alley and into the light. He's a Dragonborn who is a bit taller than me. His skin is tan with green eyes and spiky hair. The new Dragonborn is wearing a purple hooded jacket, a green t-shirt, some blue jeans, and some hiking boots. With the old looking shotgun he also has an old black sword. I will admit that he is kind of cute and from his posture he has been in fights before. He fits the description the woman that was saved gave out of the one who led her back to town. 'I wonder, is he one of the ones I'm looking for.'

"Hey, who are you and what do you think you’re doing?" The so called noble girl ask.

"At the moment helping her protect those two kids and I make it a habit to not give my name to spoiled brats." He points to me calmly as he puts his gun away.

"Don't you know how I am?! I'm Sakura Haruno, member of the Haruno noble family!" The girl yells.

The green haired teen cups his ear and says, "Hey, do you hear that?" A moment of silence rings out as the attacking group tries to hear whatever he is hearing. "It's the sound of me not caring." That joke got basically everyone except the noble girl either laughing or chuckling.

"WHAT?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" The girl screeches. Her yelling is so loud that it left everyone's ears rings.

As the newcomer rubs his ear trying to get his hearing back answers, "I'm someone who doesn't hide behind titles and positions that I didn't earn to make myself feel important. And man you're loud! I didn't know they let banshees be nobles." Okay, even I'll admit that joke is funny. It causes everyone to laugh out loud. I even heard two other laughs coming from the rooftops.

"That's it! You're done for! You there, don't just stand there, take him out." She orders the one who was disarmed. The boy charges the newcomer with his arm drawn back to deliver a punch. The green haired Dragonborn simply sidesteps the attack and gives his attacker a left hook to his cheek. Sending the lackey to the ground knocked out cold.

"Is that the best you got? You're going have to do a lot better than that." He says without a care in the world. The other Dragonborns took that as a challenge charges him. The new arrival just smiles, the kind of smiles that tell everyone that he likes to fight, and draw his own sword with one hand. He sidesteps an overhead swings from one of them, ducks under a diagonal slash from another, and finally blocks a strike from the third. They had a quick test of strength before the green haired teen pushes him off. The three lackeys continue their attacks while the person they are attacking simply danced around their attacks with some effort. He is either dodging or blocking with his sword with one hand, all the while smiling a slightly crazy grin. The green eyed Dragonborn wasn't a master fighter or anything but I can tell he has more experience at fighting than those three put together. This continues for a few minutes with the three henchmen getting tired with the newcomer not even out of breath. "Are you guys new at this? Because you guys really suck. I fought zombies that are faster and stronger than you guys."

In all honesty, I can't tell whether or not he's joking or completely serious. One of them attacks which he counterattacks, knocking the lackey's blade away. He kicks the disarmed boy in the stomach, knocking him back. Another lackey charges him from the side with a hand horizontal slash. He sees this and charges him right back. Incredibly he grabs the henchboy's arm with his free hand mid swing. He grips the boys arm so hard you can hear a crack and drops the blade. He then knees him in his side while still gripping his arm. He then let’s got and delivers a jump kick to the boy's face, knocking him out. The third lackey goes in for a thrust to the new Dragonborn's head. The green eyed teen just moves his head to the side, let’s goes of his weapon in his right hand, and grabs the bully's face. And in an impressive show of force slams the bully's head into the ground. It's safe to say that he wasn't getting up anytime soon. The only ones left are Sakura and one lackey. The last remaining henchboy spits out a fireball at the Dragonborn helping us. The jacket wearing teen counters by picking up his sword and somehow covering the blade in eerie ghostly green fire and using it to slash the air. Creating a wave of fire from his sword. The two collide to make a small explosion and smoke cloud.

"Oh, you want this to be a firefight? Then let’s see what you got!" The two of them glare at each other until they both take in deep breathes and unleash their dragon fires. The lackey's fire is orange while the green haired teen's fire is the same eerie ghostly green that covered his sword. The two flames battle for dominance for a second than the green fire overpowers the red fire. Just before the fire reaches the bully the green eyed teen stops the flow. The brightness of the flame causes the lackey to cover his face. While he was distracted the newcomer charges through the smoke and delivers a haymaker, the knocking the last henchboy out. Sakura looks around in shock, seeing all of her lackeys one the floor knocked out cold. "So princess, got anymore knights you want to throw at the big bad dragon or are you going to run to your castle? Why don't you do everyone a favor and lock yourself in the tower."

This got a chuckle out of the two young changelings behind me who got off the ground when the fighting started. The pink haired banshee didn't like that comment at all. Her face is so red with anger that it's surprising that she isn't exploding like a volcano. She grabs her sword and charges, though she doesn't get far. A streak of red and orange fire flies right in front of her, startling her. The fireball zips around like an angry bee until she runs away, all the while yelling, "I'll get you back for this!"

The fireball stops and hovers in front of the jacket wearing teen to revel that it is a young phoenix. This is quite a surprise. Phoenixes are quite rare in Dracoheart and are very reclusive. It's to the point where if you see one it is a sign of good luck. Why would one appear in town, let alone scare off someone? The other Dragonborn looks at it in confusion but the look is soon replace with recognition. "Peewee? Is that you?"

The bird nods and with a happy caw lands on his shoulder, nuzzles his cheek while he gently pets the bird. I hear the sound of clapping nearby so I turn around and see my friend and a teen changeling that I don't know. The two walks up to us and my friend says, "Well that was an interesting ending."

She than makes her way to the children and make sure he's safe. Noticing the two the Dragonborn looks at the new Changeling and smirks as the bird flies off his shoulder and lands on his head. "Hey Shadow, I see that your still in one piece."

Shadow, I guess, gives a cocky smile and replies, "It's going to take more than two angry dads to catch me Spike." I notice out of the corner of my eye my friend looks up at the Dragonborn in surprise. The male Changeling nods to the young phoenix and asks, "So what's with the bird."

"He's an old friend of mine."

"Cool. Hey do you know where Mist is? These two need to talk to us."

Spike raises an eyebrow and asks, "Yes, why?"

"I'll explain on the way first, we need to take those two kids back home." Spike nods as the five of us start to walk with Kevra holding the two children's hands as they lead us to their home.

Author's Note:

Before anyone says anything you have to admit that Sakura was a bitch at the beginning of the show. Two new people shows up. While they won't be officially part of Spike's group they will work together with them and will be really important to Spike in the future. And Peewee is back. He doesn't appear in enough fics so I decided to fix that.