• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 3,097 Views, 5 Comments

MLP Fanfic The Sun, Moon and Stars Book One: The Truth behind a Fantasy Tale - Astrello



Celestia and her sister, Luna have finally been reunited with their dearest little brother, Prince Astrello. For more than a thousand years they hid behind masks, hiding their true feelings. Celestia and Luna decide it is time that Astrello met them.

  • ...
13
 5
 3,097

Chapter Four: The Little Star

Back in the actual world of Equestria, Rainbow Dash is with Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor in the royal palace. Rainbow is laying down underneath a large tree with me, asleep against her side. She smiles and strokes me with her hoof, pausing as Twilight's sister-in-law, Twilight says, older sister, and brother, come over to join her. Looking up, Rainbow nods as they approach her.

"Hello, Rainbow Dash. How are you doing? Are you enjoying your time with the little prince, Astrello," Cadence asks her as she sits down beside her, with her stallion and Twilight's big brother, best friend forever, Shining Armor.

Rainbow Dash smiles and nods. Her crimson eyes glisten in the light of the early afternoon sun. Still stroking me with a hoof, the rainbow-maned Pegasus mare speaks.

"Yes, I am, Prin.., I mean Cadence. Just laying down with him and stroking him with a hoof is enjoyable. I really can't wait to see how other things will be like. In fact when he wakes up, I would love to take him for a small flight in the clouds. He would love it."

Cadence and Shining Armor smile. They embrace one another and kiss each other on the cheeks, before turning back to face Rainbow. It has been at least four to five hours and Twilight, nor Rarity, nor Applejack, nor Fluttershy, nor even my big sisters', the Princesses of Day and Night have returned. They are beginning to worry if everything is okay. The couple struggle to find the right words as they wish to express their concerns to Rainbow Dash. Taking a deep breath, they speak.

"Umm, Rainbow? Any idea where, Twilight and the others went with the Princesses? We thought that it was going to be a brief talk or at least not as long as it has been," Cadence and Shining Armor say, concerned mostly about, their sister, Twilight but also the others as well.

The rainbow-maned Pegasus mare shrugs. The Princesses just told her that I needed to be taken out of the room, as they spoke to the others. There was something about me, not liking it, that it causes me pain. Still she is not nearly as concerned about the time that Twilight and the others have been gone, as she trusts my big sisters, Celestia and Luna.

"I really don't know Cadence and Shining Armor. The Princesses said that they needed to speak with them about something to do with Astrello. They said that it causes him pain and that I should go with him or give him to someone else. Then I left with little Astrello and Celestia, as well as Luna, left with the others. I have no idea where they went, but I trust that the Princesses have everything under control. Just relax, I'm sure that the others will return as soon as they can and that they all will be fine," Rainbow says, trying to soothe Twilight's brother's and sister's fear.

Shining Armor looks around for a minute and nods. Leading his mare, Cadence over to the rainbow-maned Pegasus mare's side, the two sit down and smile as Rainbow strokes me with a hoof. They are about to speak, when I begin to stir. Rubbing my eyes with my hooves and yawning, I slowly begin to open my eyes.

"Huh? What's going on? I heard someone say something about me," I say as my eyes slowly begin to adjust to the light of the sun, after being closed for a long time.

"Good afternoon, little squirt. It's nothing important. Did you have a good rest," Rainbow asks as she strokes me with a hoof.

I nod and nuzzle her with my head. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes glisten in the light of the sun. As I see Cadence and Shining Armor as well, I shyly wave at them.

"Well hello there, little prince. You must have been very tired. You have been sleeping non-stop for several hours now. Do you have a good rest, hun," Shining Armor and Cadence ask.

"Yeah, I slept fine thank you. I see three of you, but where are my big sisters and the others? I was sure that they were all here before I fell asleep," I say as I look up at Rainbow Dash.

The rainbow-maned Pegasus mare strokes me with a hoof and shakes her head. I don't need to worry about the others, especially not my big sisters, Celestia and Luna. They will be back as soon as they can. In the meantime Shining Armor, Cadence and her can spend some quality time with me.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about them, kiddo. Your big sisters and the others will be back as soon as they can. Everything will be fine. So do you want to take a walk with the three of us in your royal gardens, for a little while and then perhaps afterwards I can give you a little ride," Rainbow asks.

"Umm... Sure, that sounds alright to me. Sorry if I am..," I start to say before Cadence, the rose colored alicorn mare places a hoof over my mouth and shakes her head.

"Shh, you don't need to explain, dear. It is obvious from the way that your big sisters are taking great care not to speak of, "It", that you have gone through a lot. In time I am sure that your big sisters, will let us know, the truth in time. There is no need to feel sorry about it. I'm sure whatever you feel is real and just," the princess of the Crystal Kingdom says.

I nod but nervously rake the ground with my hooves as I look around at those around me. So they don't know about "It", yet. Well I suppose that is for the best, until my big sisters decide otherwise. Still I wonder what they are doing with the others. Were they telling them about "It"? I don't know, it wasn't that much of a story. It certainly wouldn't take this long. No, they must be doing something more. Still I try not to think about this as Rainbow cradles me in her hooves and Shining Armor with Cadence, lay down beside her, happy to be alone with me.

Rainbow senses the discomfort and or tension around me and gently nuzzles me with her head, before setting me down on the ground, before standing up. She is soon followed by the other two and we slowly start to walk. The sweet fragrance of the garden brings a calmness and peace to all within. Any concerns, doubts or other things that ponies are feeling, are washed away by the tranquil beauty of it all. Even I, forget about "It" and whatever else is bothering me as the array of soothing scents washes over us, as we stroll through The Royal Gardens. She smiles and runs a hoof through my starlight mane. I nuzzle her back as she does this. The other two, Cadence and Shining Armor, also smile as they see me relax. Forgetting all about the flying, but knowing that she will have time tomorrow for that, Rainbow enjoys the peaceful stroll through the garden with Twilight's big brother and his wife, but Twilight considers her, her big sister. By the time that we return to the entrance of The Royal Gardens, the burning glows of the sun, blankets the land in a vibrant array of colors. The sun is setting and still no sign of my big sisters or the others.

The setting of the sun and raising of the moon, falls to Midnight, my big sisters and mines' personal bodyguard/companion. This is no easy feat, for such things usually take many unicorns working together to do. Alicorns are gifted with great power and responsibilities, that most could not even hope to understand or take. However, Midnight is a strong mare and after a great struggle, manages to lower the sun and raise the moon. Without knowing when, my big sisters will return, a great responsibility is set upon her and Lightfoot's shoulders. For as she will take over the responsibilities of my big sister, Luna during the night, Lightfoot, our other personal bodyguard/companion has offered to take over, my big sister, Celestia's during the day.

Comments ( 1 )

Update your story soon please :fluttercry: this story has my full attention now keep up the good work update more soon :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment