• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 7,384 Views, 177 Comments

Six Two Six - lunabrony



Fluttershy may have finally reached her breaking point when she takes in another animal... a small blue creature who seems to insist on destroying everything. And Discord doesn't help at all.

  • ...
7
 177
 7,384

Incoming!

"Ah ah ah ah ahhhh!" Fluttershy sang. She was in the middle of a rigorous training program at her cottage. Most of the larger animals were frolicking outside in the damp grass, following the end of a small storm the pegasi had scheduled to come through early in the morning. The birds, however, were typically bound to the indoors after several rather stubborn individuals had decided to fly away and get lost. "Now you try!" She said in her quiet, encouraging voice.

"Ah ah ah SQWUAAAAAAAK!" Fluttershy's ears pinned on instinct from the awful noise, and she poked her head out from the flower pot she'd dived into. "Oh! That was... very good..." she said hesitantly. But let's try that again anyway, alright?"

There was a snort of laughter from the adjoining living room. "Good?" Discord asked, lounging on her sofa nearby and taking up nearly all of it. "My dear Fluttershy, if THAT was good, I'd hate to see what your version of awful is."

Fluttershy glared at him. "You're not helping."

"You told me not to."

"I told you to stop being a nuisance," she squeaked. "That is, if you don't mind..."

"Tomato, potato," Discord said with a wave of his claw. "My being a nuisance IS helping."

"I really don't think that-"

"Never mind. Just... keep doing what you're doing." Discord bounced up onto his claws, and headed into the other room. In the process, a large pitcher which had been sitting on the table by the sofa was knocked over by his tail, spilling its fruity contents all over the floor. Several animals rushed in to lick it up. "By the way, you're out of lemonade again. Might want to get on that."

Fluttershy felt her eye twitch. "Oh, why do I let him stay here? He makes me so frustrated I could just scream." She inhaled as sharply as she could.

"Ahh."

Feeling better, the pegasus returned her attention to her choir training. "Alright, that's enough for today. Remember what I told you, you HAVE to practice! Practice makes perfect!"

Discord in the kitchen. "But just yesterday, didn't you tell them that nobody's perfect?"

"That's right, because it's okay to not be good at-"

"Well if nobody's perfect, and practice makes perfect, then why practice at all?" He shrugged.

Fluttershy opened her mouth to say something, but all that came out was a tiny squeak. "I'm going to storm out and slam the door to show him how annoyed I am," she decided, and made a quick movement for the exit. She headed outside, grabbed the door, and flung it as hard as she could. Within a second, she bit her lip, dove for the rapidly closing door, and gently pushed it close. "That'll show him."

She had just begun to make her way down the pathway by her house when the sky caught fire. Glancing up, she knew that a fireball in the sky was not something that was particularly normal, even by Equestrian standards. She squeaked and hid behind a tree, watching the fireball come spiraling closer and closer to impact.

"Um... excuse me..." she squeaked towards a few ponies passing by. "I think something's wrong with-"

"And then on my birthday, he tried to give me lemons, can you imagine?" The one mare was saying to her friend. "And I told him, I don't want your dang lemons, what the hay am I supposed to do with these?!"

"Um, excuse me, I think somepony might be in trouble, I-"

"And he got mad of course, and went off on a tirade about how he was going to burn my house down, and of course I was NOT having that, and on HIS birthday I got him a potato, and I laughed and laughed. Except he wasn't laughing, and-"

"Um... hello? I'm trying to warn you about-" Fluttershy was getting frustrated.

Scootaloo whizzed around the corner at that point on her scooter, propelling herself with her wings. She seemed quite agitated.

"THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!" The filly was yelling. She pointed upwards towards the fireball, which the two mares finally noticed, and broke into a gallop with yelps of fright. Scootaloo burst further down the hill on her vehicle, yelling warnings to anypony who would listen.

Fluttershy squeaked. "That's what I was trying to-"

"Don't worry everypony!" Pinkie Pie burst out of Fluttershys mailbox, an event which caused Fluttershy to stumble backwards and trip over a flowerpot. Fluttershy didn't dare ask how Pinkie had gotten in there, or how long she'd been there for.

"Oh, okay, I'll just... stay here..."

Pinkie glared up at the sky with the most serious expression on her face. "Hey! You! Sky! You are NOT allowed to fall down, you hear me?! Now you just march right back up there, mister, and stay in the clouds where you belong!"

The sky apparently had no intention of listening, and the fireball crashed down nearby in the Everfree Forest, raising an enormous cloud of black smoke along with a significant distant boom.

"Huh. I guess the sky didn't hear me. Oh well! Next time I'll have to use a megaphone. I have them stashed all over Ponyville, you know. In case of megaphone emergency. La la la la la la la..." Pinkie was off again, bouncing down the road without a single care in the world.

Fluttershy, on the other hoof, was more frightened than ever. "Oh, it landed in the forest! What if critters are hurt?" She gasped, and ran towards the entrance to the forest. Upon approaching it, however, she skidded to a halt. 'But it's really dark and scary in there..." She turned back towards the cottage. "No! My animal friends might need me!" She turned again towards the forest. "Don't worry little critters, I'm coming!" Fluttershy ran towards the forest, hesitated, and plunged into the darkness.

The site of impact was not incredibly hard to find, it was still light out, although the light was dimmed significantly by the forest. Fluttershy crawled under several fallen trees to reach the smoke pouring into the sky, and what she found was... well... she honestly wasn't sure what she found. The object was enormous and bright red. It was glowing slightly and giving off quite a significant heat source, so the pegasus elected not to touch it. It had left a rather sizable crater in the ground, and Fluttershy hoped that there hadn't been any animals underneath it.

"Hello?" She called. "Is anypony hurt?"

The top of the metal object swung open, and Fluttershy yelped, leaping backwards. A loud cackling came from the inside of the object, and a small blue ball flung itself outwards. It rolled down the side of the metal, onto the grass, and towards Fluttershy, who was rapidly backing up. The pegasus found a tree directly behind her, and soon could not back up any farther. The ball stopped a few inches away, which Fluttershy could now see was covered in blue fur, and uncoiled into the strangest thing the pegasus had ever seen. It looked rather much (in her opinion, others would disagree) like Spike with fur, with the exception of the four arms, each of which held tightly to some sort of barrel that was aimed directly at her head.

"Are you hurt? What is that thing? What are you?" She had seen lots of strange things in the Everfree Forest, but nothing quite like this.

"Aggaba!" The creature demanded, glaring at her with large black eyes. It took a step closer, and prodded her with a barrel, sniffing at her.

"Is that your name?" Fluttershy asked, and scooped up the newcomer in her hooves. It didn't matter, she had a new animal friend to play with! "Oh, aren't you just the cutest thing I've ever-"

The creature growled at her, aimed one of the barrels in the air, and there came such a noise from it followed by a bit of smoke that Fluttershy decided she most certainly did not want to be on the receiving end of it.

"You poor thing, you must be scared and lost!" Fluttershy squeaked. "Come on, I'll take you home and give you a nice warm bowl of soup, and you can tell me all about it." She began trotting away, pausing only to look behind her and notice that the blue thing had not moved an inch, and still had its blaster aimed at her.

"Oh, don't be scared, come on!"

"Naga!" The animal replied defiantly.

"Please?" Fluttershy asked.

"Naga!" same response.

Fluttershy stomped her hoof. "I am not playing games, mister. We are in the middle of a very spooky forest filled with things that want to eat us. I don't know who or what you are but you are coming back with me RIGHT NOW." She leaned forward slightly, eyes narrowed, and Stared.

The blue creature stared right back, but eventually two of the creatures arms retracted, an unprecedented feature which caught Fluttershy off guard, and the other two slowly raised into the air. "Okay, okay..." it said. It was still holding the blasters, however, and Fluttershy didn't anticipate it giving those up any time soon.

"That's better." Fluttershy said, and began leading the strange creature back to her house. It was so small and fluffy, after all. How bad could it be?

Author's Note:

Enhance your reading experience with the dictionary I'm using for this story!
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Tantalog