• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 7,384 Views, 177 Comments

Six Two Six - lunabrony



Fluttershy may have finally reached her breaking point when she takes in another animal... a small blue creature who seems to insist on destroying everything. And Discord doesn't help at all.

  • ...
7
 177
 7,384

Epilogue 5: The Dashie Ending

Rainbow Dash looked up at the sky, squinting in the morning sunlight and trying to see through the clouds. It was a few days following Stitch's departure, and she'd been rather plagued by how aggressive she'd been about the whole thing. She'd apologized to both Fluttershy and Twilight already, who both said they understood, although Twilight still looked fairly unconvinced. Rainbow suspected she was still slightly sour about the latest Daring Do novel accidentally being caught on fire. A lot of things had been catching on fire lately, for no particular reason. Heck, just yesterday some little colts train had burst into flames right in front of him. Poor kid.

A loud motorized buzzing noise hovered in the air nearby, bringing Rainbow out of her thoughts and back to reality. She looked affectionately at the tortoise suspended in the air by machinery, and made a mental note to stop procrastinating. But she could do that tomorrow.

"Want to get ice cream, Tank?" She asked. What kind of ice cream was a ridiculous question to even ask. Rainbow Bridge, every time. The tortoise just grinned, which Rainbow took for a yes, and the two made their way into Ponyville. Tank had never been an extensive conversationalist. She passed several vendors, most of whom were just getting their day started, but one was already closing and packing up. Unusual.

The pegasus flittered over to him, scratching her head in confusion. She was pretty sure this stallion sold corn chips, which honestly weren't all that big a thing with the residents of Ponyville.

"Uhm... it's a little early to be closing up, isn't it?" She asked, trying not to sound rude.

The stallion jumped at the sound of her voice, and quickly calmed himself.

"Oh, it's just you, Rainbow Dash. You'll never believe the kind of day I had!"

Rainbow Dash tried her best not to look confused. It wasn't even ten in the morning yet. What could possibly have happened?

"Try me. I've seen some strange things." To date, fighting clones of herself while watching even more of said clones fight each other was probably at the top of that particular list.

"Some newcomer I'd never seen before. Blonde mane, hunger like I've never seen. Him at this little rat thing just completely cleaned out my stock of imported nachos! Can't complain, made my bits, but I've never seen anypony eat so much." He shuddered.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Sorry, pal. Good for you, but never heard of him. Come on, Tank." She made her way to the frozen foods kiosk, and ordered a bowl of vanilla for Tank, who buried his head in it hardly before the bits had hit the counter, and Rainbow Bridge for herself.

The pegasus sighed, glad things had gotten back to normal. Or at least about as normal as could be expected in Equestria. She was just about to bite into the melting prism of deliciousness when a bright green bolt flew out of nowhere and splattered her treat all over the ground. And all over her face. Somepony was laughing hysterically.

"Everypony, freeze, and none of you get hurt!"

Rainbow Dash's wings flared open in agitation, staring at the wasted remnants of ice cream on the ground.

She didn't know who or why. But this meant war.

Author's Note:

I wasn't going to write a Rainbow Dash ending but someone mentioned I made her a little too rude, so I went back and read her lines, and I realized... she's an ASS in this story. I never intended that! So have this bit of silliness instead to try and make up for it.

And to everyone else who actually gets this reference...

I'm sorry.