• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 7,384 Views, 177 Comments

Six Two Six - lunabrony



Fluttershy may have finally reached her breaking point when she takes in another animal... a small blue creature who seems to insist on destroying everything. And Discord doesn't help at all.

  • ...
7
 177
 7,384

Where No Experiment Has Gone Before (Part 2)

Stitch was honestly not sure what had happened. One moment he was barreling towards the ground in his ship, with plenty of time to pull out of his descent and (hopefully) make a show of embarrassing Gantu, the next he was... well, he was still barreling towards the ground.

But not in the same way as before.

A moment ago, before the colors had surrounded his shuttlecraft, he'd had a very clear view of Kaua'i. A small village, a beach, lots of homes and businesses. The school of dance where he'd spent so many lazy afternoons. He knew the place backwards and forwards, although he didn't get to see as much of it as he would have liked because the girl typically kept him contained. This, however, this was different.

The colors were brighter and sharply defined, almost to an unbelievable degree. The trees were much too green, the sky was much too blue. Perhaps this was what the rest of the world was like, he wasn't entirely sure, having never ventured outside of Kaua'i. Disregarding space, of course. But he was fairly certain this wasn't right. He only had a few moments of visibility, however, as the ship was falling out of the sky far too quickly. He saw what appeared to be a large forest looming up beneath him, and swore under his breath.

"...Blitznak." This wasn't going to be pleasant. The ship had been hardened and reconstructed to handle his rather violent methods of piloting, but not even that could survive a crash like this. The impact was such that would have instantly killed any other normal organism, but Stitch was far from that. He curled up tightly into a ball moments before impact, and the crash sent him bouncing around the interior of the vessel. He finally came to rest wedged under one of the back seats, the ship completely totaled. Great. Just great. He'd been trying so hard to be good, and now she'd surely spray him with that infuriating water bottle again. He crawled out from under the seat, and cracked his back. A few sore muscles, nothing more. Thank goodness the girl wasn't with him.

Crap. The girl. He'd have to get home. He'd promised he wouldn't go far, and now he didn't even know where he was. Stitch popped the hatch with some difficulty, using his bare claws to bend a steel bar blocking the door and tossed it aside. He crawled out of the hatch and was immediately hit by unnatural darkness. Not total pitch black darkness, but a strangely menacing one. Visibility was minimal. He'd need night vision for this. He blinked several times, trying to adjust his unique biological tuning. His eyes blinked red. No, that was infrared, useless. He blinked again, his eyes glowing green. Aha! Night vision, that helped. He peered around, scurrying down to the ground to survey the damage. The ship was on fire, sending thick plumes of smoke up into the sky. Most of the smoke was blocked by the thick trees, but a decent bit was getting through. Good, maybe someone would see it. Crap, not good, maybe someone would see it! He looked down at himself, this would be hard to explain.

Stitch crawled away from the wreckage, trying to find anything useful. His night vision made things stand out more clearly, which helped in this dark forest full of oddly menacing trees. He tried to keep his eyes on all of them at once, they literally seemed to be trying to grab him with their overhanging dead branches. He tried not to wander too far from the ship, but managed to get himself lost several times anyway. He swore the paths kept changing direction. Eventually he came to what appeared to be a small grave, and his ears lowered. A lonely grave, out here in the middle of nowhere? Who would be buried all the way out here in such isolation? His gaze lowered to the marker.

Dusk Shine - Valued Friend

An odd name, but regrettable just the same. Stitch loved causing trouble, but not death. Never death. He was curious though, about something which didn't quite fit. With his heightened senses, normally, graves and such things smelled... unpleasant. But here, there was nothing. He didn't want to disturb some poor souls lost friend, but he was bothered by this flaw in logic. On a whim, Stitch clicked his vision again, this time to X-Ray. He only meant to peer at the ground to see if indeed someone was buried far below, but to his astonishment, there was something else there. Nothing that resembled remains, anyway.

Only something that clearly appeared to be a box.

Stitch scratched his head. Why would a box be buried here? Unless this wasn't a grave at all, but a ward to fend off overly curious nuisances. Like himself. In order to hide something. Having now 'accidentally' confirmed that there was not actually a body below, Stitch began to dig. Something he was quite good at. And it took only a few moments to pull a small metal box out of the ground. He grinned to himself, feeling a bit like he used to before the girl came around.

"Sneaky..." he admitted, and lifted the box off the ground with one hand, running it back to his ship. There was a simple padlock on it, but he yanked it off as easily as if it was made of plastic, and swung the lid open.

Stitch's already large eyes grew even larger as he beheld the item inside. It was some sort of large trinket, triangular in shape, with what very much appeared to be a winged horse growing out of it. It was really an unusual sort of thing, but Stitch liked unusual. He pulled it close to his chest in greed, and the trinket had an even stranger reaction. The eyes of the horse began to glow a supernatural shade of red, blue streaks of lightning crackling out of the center ruby.

Stitch threw the object to the ground, not because of pain of fear, but because of the bad thoughts filling his head. Thoughts of destruction and evil, such as sending out a secret frequency from the radio towers that would cause every radio in Hawaii to play nothing all day except Justin Bieber. He had been working so very had to be good lately, and these thoughts were overwhelming him.

"No!" He shouted in defiance, and threw the object high into the air towards the ship. By pure chance, it bounced off a tree branch, and fell right into the open hatch. As possessive as he was of this new toy, he quickly followed it, leaping into the smoking ship and slamming the hatch closed. Inside, all his training and moral reservations were being swallowed by the raw instincts the object had opened up. Not removed completely, but pushed aside where he'd have to work much harder to get at them.

He'd have to stay here for now. He didn't see any signs of residency in this forest, and if he were to leave in his current condition, he didn't want to think about what might happen. As long as nobody distracted him, he could-

"Hello?" A a voice called. "Is anypony hurt?" The voice sounded shy and timid, but then again, it was a stranger. Strangers were usually bad.

Blitznak! This wasn't good. It might be a friend, but then again, it might be someone trying to haul him back to the Galactic Federation. His last primarily good conscious thought was that he hoped it was the first option, and it was only moments later that he had drawn his weapons, and burst out of the hatch to confront the intruder, the strange object which had caused so much grief left forgotten in a corner of the ship.