• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 6,119 Views, 145 Comments

Twilight's Journey in Battle City - deleted account DNB



When Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight's crown she ventures into a new world with humans who play card games. She then meets Yugi Moto and his friends. In order to win her crown back she must beat the best of best including Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
16
 145
 6,119

Chapter 10: The Bond between Bros Yugi VS Joey Part 1

After the elevator door opened, the three friends saw Yami and Seto talking to a Rare Hunter who had the golden symbol on his head. Twilight then noticed that part of the floor they were standing on was broken in the back left corner.

"What have you done with my friends Marik!," Yami shouted.

The hunter replied,"HEHEHEHEHE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Seto then said,"This Rare Hunter has gone completely insane!"

Yami then said,"No Kaiba. His mind has been taken over."

"That is ridiculous. No way that's true!"

"But it is!," Twilight said.

The two duelists then turned around and noticed Mokuba, Spike, and Twilight standing there.

"Mokuba!," Seto said.

Yami then said,"Twilight and Spike too! How did you guys escape?"

Mokuba then ran and hugged his big brother.

"Mokuba, Are you alright?"

"I'm fine big brother, but.."

"But what?"

"We had to leave Tea behind."

Yami then turned to Spike and said,"Is that true?"

"Unfortunately it is. After I got out of the room we were locked in, the Rare Hunters came in and tried to grab Tea and Mokuba. Tea then threw Mokuba at the window allowing him to escape, but.... was left behind."

Yugi then to Yami said,"Oh no. Poor Tea."

Yami then said,"At least you two got to escape."

Marik then re-entered the conversation,"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It seems you two children are a bit more crafty than I thought. However, I still have your friends, Pharaoh. Don't worry, they are in good hands! HEHEHEHEHEHE!"

Twilight then said,"You creep! If you hurt one hair on their heads, I swear you will regret it Marik! Now let them go!"

"Princess, you're not in any position to be making demands. I'm the one with all of the power!"

Mokuba then said,"Princess? Twi's a princess?"

"Of course she isn't a princess little brother. If that were true than we'd sure of heard of her before the tournament. It must be one of his nicknames for her. Just like how people call Yugi a Pharaoh."

"That makes sense."

Twi said softly, "phew."

Marik then said,"I hope you two enjoyed this lovely duel I set up for you. You fared better than I expected, but I knew Umbra and Lumis were too cocky and too idiotic to beat even a newbie duelist. This duel was just created to keep you two out of my way while I plan the next phase of my plan! Your two Egyptian god cards aren't even comparable to my Wing Dragon of Ra card."

Kiaba then said, "Is that so? Well why don't you face me in a duel then to see if you are right!?"

"My schedule is full at the moment. I have the next phase of Sunset and I's brilliant plan to do!"

"Wait? Sunset. Are you working with Sunset Shimmer?"

"Took you long enough to figure that out! Now enough about that! Yugi, the next phase of my plan involves you. Come and find me if you dare, unless you don't want to help your friends! HEHEHEHEHEHEH!"

The Rare Hunter fell to the ground.

"Spike, Mokuba, do you know where the rare hunter's hideout is?"

Spike nodded.

Mokuba then said, "It's in the Domino City Pier. Seto, call a chopper to pick us up."

He nodded, and then went in the corner of the building to call the chopper.

Suddenly, then Vicky came up the elevator and tapped on Twi's shoulder. She turned around and screamed!

"Twilight it's just me. Did I scare you?"

"Yes! Vicky you need to stop doing that!"

"Oh sorry. So what are we doing now?"

"Waiting for a helicopter to bring us to the Rare Hunter's hideout."

"Great, but will all of us fit in that one helicopter?"

Twi then asked Mokuba,"Will we?"

"We can," he answered. "But it will be a tight fit. There are only 5 seats, so one of us is going to have to sit on the floor."

Vicky then said, "'I'd better get a seat. I don't want to ruin this gorgeous pink skirt I'm wearing.

Mokuba then said,"Ok?"

After ten minutes of waiting, the six boarded the chopper and headed to the hideout.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Tristan meanwhile was on a train with Serenity that was headed to Domino City. The young man went to pick up Serenity from the hospital since she could take her eye bandages off at night. She was happily awaiting seeing her big brother Joey dueling in the finals. They were eating lunch.

"Bbbuuuurrrrppppp! Man that was some good food. Who knew the grub here was that good? So how was your sandwich?"

Serenity replied,"Great.... Uh. Tristan."

"Yea Serenity?"

"I'm still nervous about taking my bandages off. I mean what if they messed up during the operation."

"Don't worry about it. You're gonna be just fine. Serenity you need to have faith in them just as you do in Joey."

"I know, but I want to see so badly, but there is a part of me that doesn't want to face it alone."

"You won't have too."

"Huh," she said softly.

"Come on Serenity think about. Once we get to Battle City, Joey can help you face those fears. Hey. I'll be there too you know. Also, I know the rest of our buds would be glad to help you."

"You really think so?"

"Totally. They would do anything for anybody. They are the best friends in the world, and they will surly become best friends with you too."

"Your right Tristan. Thank you for making me feel better. I know that once we get to the city all will become clear."

Tristan saw the big smile that appeared on Serenity's face. His eyes have never seen a smile so big before. He even started to blush. He loved seeing her face bright up in happiness, and knew the effort to go and pick her up was worth it. Suddenly a light blue glow surrounded Tristan.

"Hey! What's going on?"

"Is everything alright Tristan?"

The light then faded. Tristan looked to see a golden ring with a light blue balloon on his finger."

"Tristan, are you ok?"

"Uh. Uh. Yes! I'm just fine. I just saw a uh... bird out the window that's all."

"Oh cool."

What in the world is this?, Tristan thought. Well whatever it is, I'd better make sure nothing happens to it. Now that I'm looking at it, this balloon reminds me of something. But what?

"Serenity. We will be in the city in just about 10 minutes."

"Oh,I can't wait! Thanks again for taking me!"

"No sweat! That's what friends are for! Now just sit tight until we get to the city."

She nodded.
______________________________________________________________________________________

On the helicopter Yugi was sitting in between Twilight and Spike. Seto was sitting next to his brother, and poor Vicky was ironically sitting on the floor. She certainly wasn't happy about it, but she didn't say anything cause she knew the Kiaba brothers would get angry. After all, they are giving them a free ride in their helicopter. The friends decided to talk about the recent events, and ask each other questions.

Seto was first to ask a question."Yugi, who exactly is Marik? He is the leader of the rare hunters and is working with Sunset Shimmer, but what else do you know about him?"

"Well I have never actually seen him in person. However, I do know he is in possession of a Millennium Item much like my puzzle."

"Those again. Spare me the details. I know they are just lies.," the Kaiba said in disbelief.

Yami said angrily,"They are not lies! Besides, you have seen the power of a Millennium Item first hand! Have you forgotten about Pegasus and his Millennium Eye?!"

Memories of their encounter with Pegasus at Duelist Kingdom flooded to the Kaiba brothers minds. Little Mokuba didn't enjoy being reminded of those events. He was a prisoner, and treated like a puppet after all. Seto also didn't relish in the memories either. He despised Pegasus for kidnapping his brother and aligning himself with the Big 5 to take over his company. It also reminded him of how Sunset Shimmer teased him about his brother during the duel with her adoptive father. He knew Pegasus disappeared, but Sunset was still out there.He swore to revenge on the girl by crushing her in the tournament!

Seto, after thinking for a bit, then said,"That was just a cheap trick!"

Mokuba then decided to speak out and say something,"But Seto, Pegasus did use his Millennium Eye to trap us! I remember not being able to move, and seeing terrible nightmares until I woke up on the balcony above the duel arena. Don't you remember having a similar experience?"

"That's enough Mokuba. You are just unconscious that's all. Now that's enough about magical golden items!"

Yami then said,"Believe whatever you wish, but I know they do work. Also, I am not who you think I am. I actually am a 5000 year old spirit who dwells in the chambers of the Millennium Puzzle."

Seto than said,"What? You expect me to believe you!?"

"It's true. At a time I lived in Egypt. It was there I ruled as Pharaoh."

"As Pharaoh?"

Mokuba then said,"No way. How can that be?"

Vicky then said,"That's impossible. It must be a lie!"

Seto than thought, That is what that women told me, but it can't be!

Seto then said,"Huh, you Pharaoh, what a joke? I was talked to by that crazy women also Yugi, but unlike you I didn't buy into her story."

Yami retorted,"I know her story was true, and my destiny must be fulfilled in order to save the world, and the first step is finding our friends!"

"Why do you care so much about those guys, especially that punk Wheeler?"

Twilight's face turned red with rage. She then said,"Why does he care? Why does he care!? Well maybe if you were nice, and tried to make friends then maybe you'd understand why!"

Spike then said,"Calm down Twilight! Remember the breathing technique from Cadance!"

The reminder helped Twi to use the technique to calm her self down. She then apologized to everyone for her behavior, and everyone did. Kaiba didn't say a word.

Kaiba thought, She sure is feisty, but so was I at her age. You know she kind of looks adorable when she's mad. Seto, snap out of it! You need to focus on the tournament. Not be distracted by this girl. Now get yourself together man!

The pilot then said, "Alright everyone prepare for landing. Destination reached!"

Yugi then said,"Alright this is it! Whatever happens down there, we are not leaving without our friends!"

Yami nodded.

Spike and Mokuba were looking off the window, and both saw someone on the dock.

"Guys look! It seems to be Joey!," the young ones said.

Everyone looked out the window. Vicky tried to look over everyone to try to see, but the others were too tall. She pouted like a little baby.

Yami then stated,"It is Joey!'

Twilight said,"Wait. This doesn't make any sense. Why in the world would Marik and Sunset release Joey when he just taunted us that he had them? It doesn't add up if you ask me."

Spike then said,"Your right Twilight. It'd be crazy unless......"

"Unless what?," Mokuba asked Spike.

"Unless he is under Marik's control!"

The group gasped.

"That does make sense Spike. Now, when we get down there, stay close together. It'd be safer that way."

The rest of the friends nodded.

Twilight then decided to check her deck just in case she had to duel down there. She then opened the special box that held Celestia and the almost card. She then saw the almost blank card had two more jewels on it. On the top showed the purple one, and next to it on the left showed the light blue one. Twilight whispered to Yami,"Yami. Take a look at this."

He turned his head to see the card.

The boy then said,"Looks like two more elements have appeared. Which elements are they Twilight?"

"By their color alone it looks like the top one is Generosity, and the one next to it is Laughter. They belong to Rarity and Pinkie Pie respectably. But who could have them? According to what we know, they have to be friends with me. Seto, Mokuba, and Vicky don't appear to have one, so that leaves Tea, Tristan, or Joey!"

"Huh!"

"If it's Tea and Joey, than Marik's already got 2 elements! We have to free them as soon as possible!"

"We will Twilight. We will. Now let's get ready to land."

"Alright."

The helicopter landed in front of Joey. Yami and Kaiba were the first to exit. Followed by Twilight and Vicky, then Mokuba and Spike were last, and stood by Seto and Twilight respectably.

Joey was just standing there waiting for for the others to dismount off of the helicopter. Marik's influence was influenced on the young duelists mind. Marik was ready for his plan to start.

"Welcome. I have been waiting for you," Joey said.

"Joey! What's wrong?," Spike asked.

"Sorry kid. Joey has gone away."

Twilight then shouted,"Marik!'

"That's correct, and if you want your precious friends back, you will have to listen to me! HEHEHEHEHEHE!"

Yami then broke from the group, and walked close to Joey.

"Marik! I'm the one you really want, so leave my friends out of this and duel me yourself!"

"But Yugi, that wouldn't be any fun. Besides I actually did find something useful in your friends."

"And what's that?"

"Just look up to the right!"

All the friends, and Joey looked to see Tea walking down the stairs that are attached to a big boat. Twilight and Yamii noticed the necklace she was wearing.

"Tea! Tea!," Yami shouted.

Tea responded,"I'm afraid it's no use. Like your friend Joey, Tea too, is under my control. Now look around my neck. Notice anything familiar Princess?"

Twilight then said,"That's a......."

She quickly covered her mouth because she didn't want to say what it was in front of Seto, Mokuba, and Vicky.

Twi then continued,"How did she get that necklace?"

"Well princess after your little boys escaped my grasp, this suddenly appeared on her neck. You recognize it don't you?"

"Uh. Of course I do. So I guess my theory about who the representatives were was correct."

"Well, well, it seems you are a smarter than I thought you were. Who knew eggheads could be so smart? HEHE."

Twilight go really angry at that comment. "I am not an egghead! Who knows the square hoot of 546 off the top of her head? I do. It's twenty-three point three six six six four two eight nine one zero nine!"

Twi's face was red with rage. If she wasn't a human, than her hair would of been on fire! Suddenly, Sunset came out of the ship too.

Seto then said,"Sunset Shimmer!"

"Seto, long time no see. I still see that you are as aggressive as ever. And Twilight, I'm surprised you have made it to the finals. I guess Celestia was right to send your weak brother to help you. I guess she didn't believe in you enough."

"How dare you say that!? Prin..I mean Celestia has always believed in me! Otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today! Besides she had immense faith in you, until you went down the dark path you are still on!"

"Whatever. Either way I'm still the better student. Do you see these earnings? They allow me to have access to my special talents!"

Sunset then used the earnings to make a sun beam in front of Twilight. Her face got really close to Twilight.

"See. My special talent is way better than yours.And I can access them here of all places. I have learned many things in my time here, and those have helped me become more knowledgeable than Celestia's star pupil!"

"Oh really? It is on! Come down here so I can crush you!"

"Let me check my schedule. I am not open until the the the finals. Now, Tea it's time."

She nodded. "Alright gentlemen, let's begin this party shall we!," Tea said as she exited the staircase.

Joey then said,"Listen up Yugi. It's time for the ultimate showdown! Since i want your puzzle and god card, there is only one way to do this: you and I are going to duel!"

Yami respnded,"You're mad!"

"Refuse, and your friends are mine forever! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"It looks like I don't have a choice. Alright Marik let's begin this duel so I can save my friends!"
;
Sunset then said to everyone except Yami, "I would stick around if I were you. This is going to be intense. Now I got some things to attend too, see you later Princess! HEHEHE!

Sunset walked into the ship, and two rare hunters came and closed the door behind her. They then remained to guard the door.

Tea then walked the boys over to a dock dueling field with a giant anchor above it. Tea gave the two duelists rings to put on their legs. They then walked over to their sides of the field. Tea then walked out of the ring and sat in a chair that locked her in.

Joey then explained the duels rules: the timer is set to one hour, and once that times is up both duelists will be dragged to the bottom of the sea! When a person's life points reach 0, then the winner will have 30 seconds for to free himself. The loser will be dragged to the bottom of the sea. Also, Yami is forbidden to use Slifer, and places it by him out of his deck.

"Yugi, good thing we remembered Red Eyes. That card will help us free Joey!," Yami said.

Yugi nodded.

Tea then said,"Now that everyone is familiar with all of the rules, look over here to see the final phase of my plot!"

The group then noticed a giant crane with a box on it hovering over Tea.

Mokuba then said,"What are they planning to do with that thing?!"

Vicky and Twilight said,"Tea!"

Yami then said,"What is the meaning of this Marik! Tea has done nothing, so leave her out of this."

Tea answered,"Well it seems I touched our sensitive point. Good. If any of you fools try to stop the duel, the crate above me will fall!"

Everyone said,"What!?"

"And, since I am such a great person, I'll do part of what you asked Pharaoh! HEHEHE!"

Marik then used his rod to release Tea from her control.

Tea then looked around to see where she was. She then was relieved to see the necklace still on her neck, but was confused why she was tied up at the chair.

She then said,"Hey! I'm trapped! Twilight, Spike, what's going on?"

Twilight then shouted, "Sunset Shimmer is working with this creep Marik, and is forcing Yugi to duel Joey!"

"What? Yugi!"

Yami responded,"Tea! Your ok!"

"Kind of. Now please stop this duel! You can't duel Joey! He's your friend!"

"Tea, Joey isn't himself. He has been taken over by Marik."

"What, what? So is this Mairk the ancient evil force we learned about at the museum?"

"Yes. Now hold tight. Everything will be alright. Trust me."

"Oh ok."

Twilight then said,"Tea! Make sure don't loose that necklace!"

"Why?"

"After this is over, I'll explain everything. It's really important, and only you can take it off!"

Tea thought while looking down at the necklace, Only me? What exactly is it? Well good thing I have it at least. Now Yugi just free our friend. Wait! I just remembered! Tristan, and Serenity! I hope they don't get involved with this!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Tristan and Serenity just got off of the train. Tristan keeping his eyes on Serenity the whole time. The last thing he wanted to do was let her fall and trip.

"Oh. That's right Serenity. This is your old stomping grounds."

"Yea. Joey and I used to come her all the time when we were little. It was the best! Being here again just feels so great! Now let's find Joey!"

"Alright then. Let me call Tea. She has to know where Joey is."

Tristan called Tea's number, but she didn't answer.

Strange, Tristan thought. Something must of happened. Now what to do? Oh yea. I'll just go to Kaiba Corp so they can track down Joey's duel disk.

He grabbed Serenity's hand.

"Where are we going Tristan?"

"To find Joey. Now let's hurry!"

"Ok."

Suddenly, a group of Rare Hunters surrounded them.

"Hey, we aren't here to cause trouble. Now let us get on a way," Tristan said.

The Rare Hunters then let someone threw who's face was covered by the hood.

Serenity then asked,"What's going on Tristan?"

"What do you want from us?"

The hooded person then took of the hood, revealing himself to be Flash Sentry. Tristan and Serenity didn't know who he was though.

Flash then said,"Oh. You have something that we want."

When Flash said "we" his eyes turned red and flashed for a second, then his eyes turned back to blue.

"I am afraid that you two are going to have to come with us. Now, hunters, get them!"

The men then rushed towards them ,and Tristan put the young girl on his back and ran out of the circle.

"Tristan what's happening?"

"Just hang on! We will be ok. Trust me."

"Ok!"

Whoever those creeps are, Tristan said to himself. They want something of mine, but what? Maybe it's this ring! Well they are not going to get it or Serenity. Oh Joey where are you?
______________________________________________________________________________________

"Seto," Mokuba said. "You need to stop this duel. People can get hurt, and, think about it, Marik may try something on us next!"

Seto then said,"As the head of the Battle City Tournament, I say this duel must stop!"

Sunset used her sun beam to appear before Kaiba.

"Why should we?"

"How did you..."

"To explain how I can do this is too complex for your simple mind. Remember poor Tea over there. If anyone tries to stop the duel, she's a goner. So just sit back and enjoy the duel. I even got my popcorn!"

The beam disappeared.

"I can't stop this duel," Seto said.

Twilight then said,"Vicky? Is there anything your brother can do? Maybe hack into the duel disk system and try to disable this duel."

Vicky shook her head.

"Twilight, my brother can hack into the tracking system not into the actual duel disk system. Sorry."

Seto, who overheard this exchanged then said,"What was that about hacking into my satellite tracking system?"

Both girls had that face that basically told him that it was true. Twilight then said,"Please don't get mad Seto. She used the system to track me down to tell me about Mokuba and Spike getting kidnapped. She saw it from her balcony. Right Vicky?"

The brown haired girl nodded frantically. "Yea.Yea I did. I swear Mr.Kaiba. Please don't yell at us."

Seto then said,"Why would I get angry?"

"What?," both girls said.

Mokuba whispered,"Big bro."

"You hacked into the system to warn Twilight Sparkle about my brother. Anyone who tries to help my brother honestly is alright in my book. However, if you do it again I will get you. Understand ladies?"

They both nodded.

Back at the duel field, the duel disks were set up and the duel started.

Yugi then thought, Alright this is it. I just know that my best friend is in there somewhere, and the Red Eyes he gave me as a sign of our friendship will help me free him.

Joey then said,"Are you ready to duel Yugi?"

"I am coward."

"Prepare to loose everything, fool!"

"Now It's time to duel!"

Yugi Vs Joey

"Since I am so nice, I'll let you start off."

Yami then drew his card.

"Now I summon Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts... in defense mode. That's it for now Marik."
**************************************************
Yami's Turn: Yami normal summons Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts (ATK:1500 DEF:1200) in defense mode. He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0
**************************************************

"Very well. Then I'll go.," Joey said,

He drew his card, and then quickly activated it.

"Now I use Raigeki, which destroys your monster!"

A huge lighting bolt came down and destroyed Yami's beast.

Yami then girded a bit.

"Now I play Alligator's Sword! Now attack my monster and cut his life points down to size!"

The alligator then cut into Yami. It was a hologram but somehow Yami felt some pain.

"I'll end my turn."
**************************************************
Joey's Turn: He activates Raigeki. It destroys all monsters Yami controls. He then summons Alligator's Sword (ATK:1500 DEF:1200). It then attacks Yami directly.

Yami's Life points: 4000->2500

He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0
**************************************************

"Surrender yet? Or do you want more? Don't go easy on me just because we were friends."

Yami answered,"We are not friends Marik. I play Big Shield Gardna in defense mode. That's all for now."
**************************************************
Yami's Turn: He plays Big Sheild Gardna (ATK:100 DEF:2600) in face up defense mode. He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life- 2500 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0
**************************************************

"That's your move? Ha! Your pathetic if you think that can protect your life points. Let me show you what I mean! I play this powerful magic card: Hinotama!"

Seto then said,"Where did Wheeler get that card? It's extremely rare!"

Joey then said,"Now Yugi watch as my card blasts away your life points! HAHAHAHAA!"

"Yugi!," Tea shouted.

The fireball hurled towards Yami. The flames from the card surrounded Yami and caused his cape to come off and fall into the water. Spike went to the edge of the water and fished it out. He gave it to Twilight, who then twisted it so that the water would come out.

Marik then thought, Looks like Yugi is already getting crushed by my powerful deck. Enhanced with cards my Rare Hunters have gathered, Joey's deck is unbeatable! Now, it's just a matter of time until the puzzle is around my neck, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Master Marik.," Odian said.

"What now? Can't you see I am in the middle of gloating?"

"I know sir but I wanted to inform you that with Flash's and I's efforts, we have managed to get enough locator cards for all four of us to head to the finals if necessary."

"You two have done well. Hopefully we won't need to go to the finals. If so you lackeys have wasted a great deal of time. Where is Flash Sentry anyway? He always disappears without me knowing."

"Sunset Shimmer told me he is leading the group of Rare Hunters that are going to find Tristan Taylor."

"Good. You know what, I almost forgot about him. Why do I forget him so much?"

"He is pretty ordinary, and doesn't stand out much."

"You're right. Now leave me be. I have to make sure this plan goes smoothly."

"Yes sir."

Odian left him.

"I'll end my turn," Joey said.
**************************************************
Joey's Turn: Joey uses Hinotama which inflicts 500 damage.

Yami's Life Points: 2500->2000

He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0
**************************************************
Yugi then said,"I have already lost half of my life points, and it's only been the first few turns. I figured Marik tweaked Joey's deck a little. If I loose this duel, two worlds are in danger; but if I win, my best friend is going to be dragged to the bottom of the ocean. There must be a solution."

"Time is ticking Yugi," Joey teased.

Yami then drew. He then said to Yugi, "Alright Yugi what to do? His monster has 1500 hundred attack points, and none of the cards in our hand are strong enough to beat it."

"We still have Big Shield Gardna though."

"Yes we do, but we need to get on the offensive. Duels aren't won by playing defense alone."

"You're right. What can we do Yami?"

"I think I have an idea! Just watch."

Yugi nodded.

Yami then said,"I'll set this card face down on the field. I'll then summon my friend Kuriboh in attack mode! That ends my turn.
**************************************************
Yami's Turn: He sets one card face down and summons Kuriboh (ATK:300 DEF:200) in attack mode. He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 2000 Monsters-2 Face down cards-1
**************************************************

Joey then said,"Kuriboh!? That's the weakest monster in the game! You must be giving up! In that case I'll be glad to end your misery! My move!"

Seto then thought, Why would Yugi play such a weak monster in attack mode? His face down must be a trap then! For Yugi's sake I hope it works out.

Vicky then said,"Twilight is Yugi giving up?"

"No way! This is part of his plan Vicky. Now go Yugi! We all believe in you! Just remember who you are fighting for!"

Joey then continued with his move. He pointed his hand to Yugi's little fuzzball. "Now Alligator's Sword attack Kuriboih with Swamp Slash!"

Yami then pushed a button on his duel disk. Then Joey's monster was stuck in a glowing circle.

"What's going on? Curse you Yugi!"

"Ha. Seems like you feel for the easiest trick in the dueling book. Now your monster can't attack and looses 700 attack points! My points are safe."

The group and Tea cheered for Yami.

"Way to go Yugi!," Tea shouted.

Spike then said,"Way to trick that coward! Now go and win this!"

Joey then started to laugh.

"What's so funny Marik?," Yami asked.

"HEHEHEHEHE! Your friends are pathetic. They go all crazy just because you stopped one little attack. What idiots!"

"Maybe you don't understand because you don't have any friends Marik!"

"What did you just say to me?"

"I said you don't have any friends. If you did then proably wouldn't be doing all of this."

"How so?"

"Well maybe friends would open your so called big heart, and then you'd not be a crazy, evil person who's trying to take over the world!"

"Who needs friends anyway? Now enough of this nonsense. Your life points will never be safe from me! I use another Hinotma! Now blast him down even further!

The huge fireball impacted Yami, and he fell to his knees.

Twilight then shouted,"No. Yami! Get up!"

Author's Note:

Now I am sorry this chapter didn't have much of the duel in it. I really wanted to set up the rest of the story a bit. I don't want to rush the duel since it is the most iconic duel in my opinion in season 2, and is very important to the story arch. I hope you all understand.

Chapter 11 will have either the entire rest of the duel or most of it.

I'm not sure yet.

Anywoo I hope you enjoyed it.

Leave your thoughts in the comments below as always. All ideas and comments are welcome.

--PonyKid