• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 6,119 Views, 145 Comments

Twilight's Journey in Battle City - deleted account DNB



When Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight's crown she ventures into a new world with humans who play card games. She then meets Yugi Moto and his friends. In order to win her crown back she must beat the best of best including Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
16
 145
 6,119

Chapter 4: The Tale of Two Duels

________________________________________________________________________________________

Yugi's House

________________________________________________________________________________________
Twilight was just about to leave for the second day of the tournament when Yugi handed her a Walkie-Talkie so they could communicate. Spike was still sleeping so Twilight being a good adult decided to leave him with Mr.Muto. Yugi followed Twi out of the shop, and then headed their own ways at the Domino Fountain Plaza.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Mall

________________________________________________________________________________________

After walking around looking for her first opponent Twilight stumbled upon a group of people in front of the mall.

"Excuse me? Hello. What's going on?," she asked a boy in front of her.

He answered,"A duel! The girl on the right is Vicky Star-shine daughter of Dale Star-shine the owner of the mall.The guy on the right thought he could beat Vicky, but he sure got his but kicked. Now Vicky now has 2 locator cards. It's so exiting watching her."

The holographic images then disappeared and Vicky walked over to her opponent.

"Alright loser hand your rarest card over now!," Vicky said to the looser of the duel.

He handed her the card, and she put it strait in her purse. She then proudly stood up on a table and proclaimed,"Which one of you is next. I'll take on anyone in the city. So come on!"

The crowd didn't say a word. They were scared of loosing and some sneaked out through the back. When no one responded Vicky blew up in flames. Twi then stepped forward and said,"I'll duel you!"

"Huh!,"the crowd said as she walked in front of her.

Vicky went to the opposite side.

Vicky said," Finally someone who looks like a challenge. Honestly the last few were just pathetic. I guess you are braver then all of those nerds in the crowd their. Anyway I'm Vicky the dueling queen, and you are?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, and as my first opponent if I win I get your locator card, and your rarest card.," she said.

"Twilight Sparkle where have I heard that name before? Oh right! Your that girl with the super rare one of a kind deck! Well then now that I know who you are I'm going to make you a deal. If you win I'll give you both of my locator cards instead of one, but If you loose I get the normal earnings and five of your rarest cards. So do we have a deal?," she said.

Hm, Twi thought to her self, This deal is a double edged sword on one hoof if I win I get an extra locator card, but if I loose five of my cards will be taken away. Every duel in the tournament I'll have to risk my cards, so why not take the chance.

Twi then shouted,"Alright I'll go by your turms. Hope your ready Vicky because it's time to duel!"


Vicky did a twirl while saying,"You all know what time it is right? Time for me to shine!."

The duel disk system was set up, and the duel began!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Lucky Street

________________________________________________________________________________________

Joey was walking down the streets of city looking for someone to duel when he saw Rex Rapter dueling a boy with green hair. He decided to see what was happening. The boy beat Rex Rapter and took his locator card, and his Serpent Night Dragon.

"Who's next. Hm how about you?," the boy said as he pointed to Joey.

Joey answered,"Who me?"

Rex then rushed up to Joey and said,"Don't duel him. He's Espa Roba. He has ESP."

Joey said,"You mean he's psycho!"

Rex shook his head.

Rex said," He's psychic and he'll predict your every move. So take my advice and don't duel him Wheeler!"


"Wheeler hey that name sounds familiar. Wait! Your Joey Wheeler runner up of the the Duelist Kingdom tournament. I'll be glad to crush you and take your Time Wizard. So are you up to it?, Espa said.

Joey replied,"Your on Roba!"

So the duel disk system was set up, and they both shouted,"Let's Duel!"
________________________________________________________________________________________

Joey VS Espa Roba

Joey's Turn: He attempts to normal Summon Giltia the D. Knight. However, since the summoning conditions in Battle City are different than those in Duelist Kingdom, a Level 5 or higher monster requires at least 1 tribute. Since this is an illegal move, Giltia the D. Knight is removed from play. He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life- 4000 Monsters-0 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

Rex, and Espa both laughed at Joey for not knowing the rules. Joey then just shrugged their insults off.

Espa Roba starts calling to the psychic universe using his psychic powers. Joey feels a little intimidated, but remains calm.

"Time to show you what I can do. Go Cyber Rader. Attack!," shouted Espa as his monster attacked Joey.
**************************************************

Espa Roba's Turn: He summons Cyber Raider (ATK: 1400 DEF:1000), and then attacks.

Joey's Life Points: 4000->2600.


He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************
Meanwhile on top a building Espa's brothers spy on Joey's hand, and they tell their brother that Joey just drew another Graceful Dice. Espa then tells Joey the news faking that his ESP told him so. Yami who was watching from the building next to the one Espa's brothers are on, notices the scheme, but decides to let the duel play out.
**************************************************
Joey's Turn: Joey summons Swordsman of Landstar (ATK: 500 DEF: 1200) in attack position. He then sets two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 2600 Monsters-1 Face down cards-2.
**************************************************
"Haha. Wheeler am I right that your planning to use your 2 face down cards to boost your monsters points!," Espa said.

Joey nodded, and Espa then told him that his plan won't work because you can only use one Graceful Dice in a turn.
**************************************************
Espa Roba's Turn: He tributes his Cyber Raider to summon The Fiend Megacyber (ATK:2200 DEF:1200) He then attacks but Joey uses his set Graceful Dice and rolls a three boosting his monsters attack points to 1500.
**************************************************
"Even with that boost your monster is still too weak. Looks like your plan failed," Espa said.

Joey replied,"Hold up! Did you forget my other card?"

"What did I just tell you? You can only use one Graceful Dice per turn!," shouted Espa.

He replied,"Who said it was a Graceful Dice. Reveal Skull Dice!"

Mr.Roba was shocked at the reveal of his card.
**************************************************

Joey activates Skull Dice. He rolls the die and it lands on a five so Espa's monster's attack is divided by five. So as a result Joey's Swordsmen wins the battle.

Espa Roba's Life Points: 4000->2940
**************************************************
Joey then said,"I only had one Graceful Dice, and you've been getting some wrong info, and I now know why. You see the way I was holding my cards you knew I had two dice cards, but you didn't know which ones. Which means your ESP is a con cause you couldn't see my cards. But I bet you have friends in high places who can you phony!"

Espa's expression told the crowd that Joey was right.

"Busted!," said one of Espa's brothers.

"Good job Joey," Yami said.

Suddenly three short whistle blows were made, Yami turned to see Mokuba running shouting,"Violation!"

Mokuba catches one of the boys legs. He threatens to expel Espa from Battle City, but the brothers talk him out of it after telling him their sad story about being orphans and having no one but Espa to protect and care for them.Mokuba, having been in a similar situation, is convinced to let the Duel continue as long as they stop cheating. He stands by to be sure they don't start doing it again.
**************************************************
Espa sets one card and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 2940 Monsters-0 Face down cards-1.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Yugi's House

________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike woke from his bed with a big Yawn.

"Good Morning Twilight. Uh Twilight. Where are you?," Spike said.

He got changed, and walked into the shop where Mr.Muto was unpacking new boxes of booster packs.

Mr.Muto said,"Hello sleepy head. Did you sleep well?"

Spike answered,"I did. Now where's Twilight?"

He chuckled, and put an empty box in the trash. He then said,"She and Yugi wanted to get a headstart on the tournament. Tea and Tristain should be over here shorty. Once they get here we can go out and find them. Now can you help me put these booster packs away?"

"Mhm!,"the small boy said.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Mall

________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight VS Vicky

Twilight's Turn: Twilight summons Royal Guard of the Sun Alicorn (ATK:2000 DEF:1000), she then sets two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-2
**************************************************

"Let's see what your deck can do Vicky.," Twi said.

Vicky replied,"With pleasure!"

"Go Vicky! Go!," the crowd shouted.

Vicky blew kisses to all of them, and they cheered even louder.
**************************************************

Vicky's Turn: Vicky sets one monster, and sets one card facedown and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-1.
**************************************************
Once I get The Forgiving Maiden I can fuse it with my Marie to summon my rarest card, Vicky thought. All I need is to survive long enough until I draw it. Once it's here I will defeat Twilight and get some of her cards to add to my deck.

"That's it for me.," Vicky said.

Twilight drew her card.
**************************************************

Twilight's Turn:Twilight summons summons Blazer, Unicorn of fire (ATK: 1600 DEF: 400). She then activates Blazer's eff adding Burning, the Fire Pegasus to the top of her deck. She attacks with Royal Guard and destroys her set Bio-Mage. Blazer then attacks but Vicky activates Ready for Intercepting which flips Blazer facedown. She then ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-2 Face down cards-2.
**************************************************

"Go Vicky! You can beat her!," the crowd shouted.

"Alright It's my turn. Time to shine! I use GC or as you may know Graceful Charity. I draw 3 and discard 2 cards. Next it's time for Monster Reborn. I choose to bring back the Wingweaver I just sent to the graveyard.," Vicky said.

Since she special summoned I can't use my Trap Hole trap, Twi thought.

"Good play Vicky!," Twi said.

Vicky was shocked by Twi's compliment. Vicky remembered her duels in the past. She remembered her opponents always yelled, and tried to bring her down, but not Twilight. She then smiled at the girl.

"Well thanks for the compliment Twilight. No one's really complimented me during a duel before. It kind of feels really good," Vicky said.

Twi replied,"Your Welcome. We may be opponents, but it doses not mean we can't compliment each other. Dueling is supposed to be fun. My friends taught me that. So let's see what you got!"
**************************************************
Vicky's Turn: She activates Graceful Charity drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. She then activates Monster Reborn to special summon her Wingweaver (ATK:2750 DEF:2400) from the grave yard. She then attacks Twi's Royal Guard of the Sun Alicorn.

Twilight's Life Points: 4000->3250.

She then sets one card and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-1.
**************************************************
________________________________________________________________________________________

Yugi's House

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Come on Spike it's time to go!," Tea said.

Spike then ran to Tea.

Tristian decided to leave to the group to go comfort Serenity.

The group then set out to find Yugi, Twilight, and Joey.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Lucky Street

________________________________________________________________________________________

Joey's Turn: He summons Alligator's Sword (ATK:1500 DEF:1200). It then attacks Espa directly.

Espa Roba's Life Points:2940->1440.

Swordsman of Landstar then attacks Espa directly, but Espa activates Trap Card Mind Control to take control of Swordsman of Landstar. Joey sets one card.

Joey then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 2600 Monsters-2 Face down cards-0.
================================================================================

Yugi thought,Why would Espa Roba use his trap card on Joey's swordsmen instead of his Alligator's Sword? If he did then he could use it destroy Joey's swordsmen. But he waited to use it on his second attack. Come on Joey you know what that means.

There is only one reason he'd wait, Joey said to himself. He intends to sacrifice my monster. Luckily I have this.

"It's showtime! I sacrifice your swordsmen to summon Jinzo! The end is near Wheeler!," Espa shouted.

The huge monster appeared, and the crowd was in awe.

"I hope your facedown isn't a trap because if it is your out of luck. As long as Jinzo is on the field your traps are worthless!," Espa said.
================================================================================

Espa Roba's Turn: He Tributes Swordsman of Landstar to tribute summon "Jinzo" (ATK: 2400 DEF:1500) in attack position. Due to the effect of "Jinzo", Joey's set trap Chasm of Spikes is destroyed. While Jinzo is on the field, its effect prevents the activation of trap cards and no trap cards can be set either. He then activates "Amplifier", equipping it to Jinzo and increasing its ATK by 500. And during each of Espa's standby phases his Jinzo will gain 300 attack. Jinzo attacks and destroys Alligator's Sword.

Joey's Life Points: 2600->1200.

He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 1440 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
================================================================================

"Now every turn my monster gets even stronger. Face it Wheeler. I foresee that your Battle City days are over!," Espa said.

"Go brother!," the 3 youngest of Espa's brothers said.

The oldest said,"Even without our help Espa is still winning. And he's faking the ESP stuff to spook that guy out!"

"Espa Roba's a strong duelist, but I know Joey will beat him!," Yugi said to Yami.

Yami nodded.

"Now it's time for my comeback. Come on lady luck!,"Joey shouted as he drew his card.
When he looked at the card he drew a huge grin appeared on his face.

It's my old friend Baby Dragon, Joey said to himself. Now with Time Wizard I can age my dragon, and rust his metal monster!.
================================================================================

Joey's Turn: Joey summons Baby Dragon (ATK: 1200 DEF: 700. He then uses Time Wizard as a magic card.
================================================================================

"I see your planning to age that dragon into an older dragon. But my cosmic forces tell me it still won't be enough!," Espa said.

Joey then shouted,"Time Roulette Go!"

Time Wizards spinner started to spin. Everyone was keeping their eyes on the pointer. It then finnaly stopped on a red marker.

Joey jumped up while shouting,"Alright! Baby Dragon ages a thousand years becoming Thousand Dragon!"

===============================================================================
He then activates the effect of Time Wizard. Since it is successful, Baby Dragon transforms into Thousand Dragon( ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000). However, JInzo is unaffected by Time Wizard's effect. Espa explains that is because the armor of Jinzo can't age or corrode. Thousand Dragon attacks Jinzo before Joey realizes this. Jinzo destroys Thousand Dragon.

Joey' Life Points: 1200->700

He then activates Scapegoat which summons four sheep tokens (ATK:0 DEF:0). He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-700 Monsters- 4 Face down cards-0

________________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Mall

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright my move!", Twi said as she drew her card.

Let's see I have the cards to summon Inferno but it's not strong enough to defeat her fairy,Twilight thought. But maybe I can trick her into attacking it.

Twi said,"I play this monster face down and activate Polymerization! Letting me fuse Burning and Blazer to summon Inferno, the Alicorn of Fire!"

The crowd was in awe over Twi's monster. Vicky looked ready for whatever Twi threw at her.
===============================================================================

Twilight's Turn: Twilight sets Apprentice Unicorn (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1200). She then uses Polymerization which fuses together Burning, the Fire Pegasus in her hand with Blazer, the Unicorn of Fire to fusion summon Inferno, the Alicorn of Fire (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1800) in attack mode. She sets one card. She uses Inferno's effect deal 1500 damage, by not attacking this turn.

Vicky's Life Points: 4000-> 2500.

She ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 3250 Monsters-2 Face down cards-3.

===============================================================================

"Good move Twi, but your monster is still weaker than mine. Time to show you why Vicky's the dueling queen. Alright My monster destroy Inferno!," Vicky shouted.

Twi then shouted," During the damage step I use Shrink! Which cuts your monster's attack in half!"

"What?", Vicky said.
===============================================================================

Vicky's Turn: Vicky's monster attacks, but Twi uses her set Shrink to half it's attack making Inferno Stronger.

Vicky's Life Points: 2500->1575.

She sets one monster and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-1575 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
=============================================================================

"Twilight!", Spike shouted.

Twi to turned around, and hugged the boy. She then said,"Hey. Spike sorry I didn't wake you up earlier. I just wanted you to get your rest."

"Glad to see your doing well,", Mr.Muto said.

Vicky started to tap her foot loudly.

Twilight then told Spike too stand with Tea and Mr.Muto.

"My move. I first sacrifice my face down monster to summon Clover the Clever!, Twi said.
=============================================================================

Twilight's Turn: Twilight tributes her set Apprentice Unicorn to summon Clover the Clever (ATK:1900 DEF:900). She then uses her set Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Vicky's set card,but Vicky chains her own MST to destroy Twilight's other face down which was Trap Hole.
=============================================================================

"Vicky's made a good move by chaining her own MST. It got rid of her Trap Hole which could of hurt Vicky latter on. Twilight's got to believe in her deck if she's going to come out on top, Mr.Muto said to Spike and Tea.

Tea and Spike then shouted,"Go Twilight we believe in you!"

Twilight has people who support her, Vicky said to her self. It must feel nice. No one has ever supported me in anything before. My own father doesn't even care about my dueling carrier. But even though I have the crowd cheering,it isn't the same as having just a few friends cheering you with all of their heart. Maybe if I acted a bit more like Twilight then maybe I could have some friends.
=============================================================================

Twilight's Inferno attacks Vicky's set monster, but since it's Marshmallon (ATK):300 DEF:500) it is not destroyed. Twilight also take 1000 points of damage due to it's second effect.

Twilight's Life Points:3250->2250.

She then ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2250 Monsters-2 Face down cards-0.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Hospital

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tristan was next to Serenity telling her the play by play of Joey's duel on the Internet. Tristan looked at the screen. He could see that Joey was lossing.

"Uh Tristan."

"Yea."

Can you give me an update on Joey's duel? He's still winning right?"

"Yes he's winning. He is just toying with his opponent."

"Oh. Ok. Thank you for letting me know exactly wants going on."

I can't tell Serentiy hat Joey's loosing. It would break her heart.

The nurse then came in to check Serenity's temperature. Tristan decided to walk out.

You better win this Joey or your out of the tournament, Tristan thought. We are all behind you especially Serenity.

"Looks like your doing especially well Serenity," the nurse said.

Before she left Serenity asked the nurse to check the screen to see who's winning.

Tristan then decided to call Tea.

"Hello. This iis Tea. Hey Tristan!"

"Are you watching Joey's duel right now."

"No we're actually watching Twilight's duel. She in the lead at the moment."

"That's great, but you have to find him and give him this message."
________________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Mall

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Twilight," Tea said.

Twi turned around and said,"Yes Tea."

"Joey's duel is going on, and we have to give him a message. Will you be ok with that?"

"Yes. Joey needs support, and I have Spike to cheer me on so go and support Joey," Twi said.

So Tea and Mr.Muto ran to get to Joey before it was too late.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Lucky Street

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Ha. Ha Ha. My cosmic forces tell me theirs nothing in your deck that can defeat JInzo. Your Battle City days are over Wheeler!, Espa said.

Joey then replied,"As long as I have my deck I have hope. So let's see what you've got Roba."

"With pleasure. I summon Reflect Bounder! My monsters is virtualy attack proof. So now you've got two unstoppable monsters. Now Amplifire raises JInzo attack by 300 points! Now my ,oysters destroy his Scapegoats!", Espa said.
**************************************************

Espa Roba's Turn: During Espa's standby phase Amplifier raises JInzo attack by 300. He then normal summons Reflect Bounder (ATK:1700 DEF:1000). His two monsters destroy two of Joey's Sheep Tockens. He then ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 1440 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

Espa laughed at Joey. He tried to put Joey down with all his might. Joey was starting to give up, but Tes and Mr.Muto came just in time.

"Joey! I have a message from Serenity who is watching the duel online from the hospital. She want you to know that you two are a team. And that she believes in you so don't even try giving up!,"Tea said.

The words of inspiration filled Joey up with confidence. He drew his last card, and activated it.

"The magic card Roulette Spider! Roulette Spider attach to JInzo!,"Joey yelled.

The spider attached to Jinzo's face, and the huge metal monster walked to the center of the field.

Espa asked,"What's the point of all of this Wheeler?"

Joey answered,"Playing this card is one of the riskiest moves in Duel Monsters. It could either win the duel for me, or make me loose it all. My Spider will spin round and round. When you tell it stop it will attack any target it's pointing too."

Espa took a step back and said,"Any Target!"

Joey nodded, and then said,"It could be you or any of the monsters on the field. Since your monster has 3200 attack points, whatever it attacks will be destroyed. Alright Spider spin now!Any predictions Mr.ESP!".

JInzo spun faster and faster. Espa told it to stop, and it attacked Espa's Reflect Bounder.
**************************************************
Joey's Turn: Joey draws Roulette Spider and subsequently activates it, paying half of his Life Points (700 → 350 Life Points) to target Jinzo as it is the strongest monster Espa has out on the field. Roulette Spider then forcibly spins Jinzo and it randomly chooses a player or monster for Jinzo to attack and whatever is chosen will be attacked by Jinzo. Roulette Spider's. effect chooses Reflect Bounder as the target for Jinzo. Jinzo attacks and destroys Reflect Bounder. Since Reflect Bounder was attacked by a monster, its effect activates, destroying Jinzo and inflicting the battle damage between the two battling monsters to Espa as Jinzo was his monster.

Espa Roba's Life Points: 1440->0

Joey Wins.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Domino Mall

________________________________________________________________________________________

The crowd got pumped over the duel. Vicky was starting to sweat a bit. Even though she had a indestructible defense in the form of Marshmallon she still was loosing. Her hand was't much better than her field. If she doesn't draw The Forgiving Maiden she won't be able to summon her rarest card:Saint Joan. She put her complete trust in her cards, and she drew her card.
**************************************************
Vicky's Turn: Vicky activates Polymerization which fuses Marie the Fallen One and The Forgiving Maiden to fusion summon Saint Joan (ATK:2800 DEF:2000).
**************************************************

"So this is what you were waiting for Vicky? I do admit your Joan is a site to see. I'm glad to be facing such a magnificent monster!,"Twi said to Vicky.

She started to blush a bit, and Vicky then answered,"Thanks for the kind words Twilight. This is actually a card from my mother. It was the last thing she gave me before she passed away."

Twi replied,"I'm so sorry Vicky."

"It's ok. Even though she's gone it's likes she's always with me. When I use my Saint Joan it feels like my mother is right next to me. That's why I try hard to get her out. I activate Quick Attack which lets my monster attack on the turn it was fusion summoned! Now attack Inferno with heavenly slash!," VIcky said.
**************************************************

Vicky activates Quick Attack so Saint Joan can attack the turn it was summoned. She then attacks Inferno.

Twilight's Life Points:2250->1750.

She then ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1575 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************
"Twilight I believe in you. So come on and win this.",Spike shouted.

Twi nodded and she drew her card.
**************************************************

Twilight's Turn:Twilight activates Pot of Greed which lets her draw two cards. She then activates Clover the Clever's effect banishing it to special summon Star Swirl the Bearded, the Wisest Unicorn (ATK;2800 DEF:2000) by not normal summoning this turn. Star Swirl's special effect activates returning every magic card from the grave to each players respective decks, and Star Swirl gains 200 attack for each. It returns 8 cards so it gains 1600 attack points. She then attacks Saint Joan.

Vicky's Life Points:1575->0.

Twilight wins.
________________________________________________________________________________________

The monster holograms disappeared. The crowd cheered for Twilight as she got a hug from Spike. Vicky walked over to Twilight.

"As per the rules of our agreement. Here are my Saint Joan, and my two locator cards. You have earned them Twilight Sparkle.," Vicky said.

Twi only took the locator cards. Twi said,"Vicky your Saint Joan. Please keep it. It has special value to you, and I can't just take it. You need it. It's all you have left of your mother. Hey would you like to hang out with us for a bit and help us find my other friends?"

Vicky teared up a bit, and gave Twilight a hug.

"Of course. And thank you Twilight. Now let's go!",Vicky shouted.

Spike and Twilight left the mall with their new friend Vicky go out and search for Yugi. Meanwhile Joey is looking for his next opponent.

Seto Kiaba just left Kiaba Corp to meet up with his brother who was in a nearby ally.