• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 6,118 Views, 145 Comments

Twilight's Journey in Battle City - deleted account DNB



When Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight's crown she ventures into a new world with humans who play card games. She then meets Yugi Moto and his friends. In order to win her crown back she must beat the best of best including Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
16
 145
 6,118

Chapter 6 The Test from the Princess Part 1

Twilight's eyes were staring at the hooded figure. She tried to see if she could make out the man's face, but it was covered too much. She decided to shift her focus to winning the duel.

"Alright! My turn. Draw! I activate Magic Overload! Now, whenever a spellcaster monster is summoned this card gains one overload counter. Now, I''ll just set a monster, and that's all!,"Twi said enthusiastically.

"I wonder what she's going to do with that card.,"Yami stated.

Yugi then said,"It must be part of her strategy. I wonder what this guy is going to do."
**************************************************
Twilight's turn: Twilight sets Gaia, the Unicorn of Earth (ATK:400 DEF:1400), and then activates Magic Overload. She ends turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

Twilight sure has opened up pretty well, the man thought, but Shining Soldier plus Nightmare Steel Cage will allow me enough time to have enough monsters to summon Celestia.

"I summon Shining Soldier! Then, I use the magic card Nightmare Steel Cage. Now, neither of us can attack for two turns!," the man said.

A giant steel cage surrounded Twilight. She started to sweat a bit.

Spike tugged Yugi's shirt. "Why would he do that Yugi? Wouldn't it mean he can't attack either?,"Spike asked.

Yugi replied,"Maybe he's buying time so he can summon the card that Twi's teacher gave him."

"Now, during my end phase, my monster's special effect kicks in. Since I didn't attack this turn, Shining Soldier,,
**************************************************
??? Turn: ??? summons Shining Soldier in defense mode (Atk:0 DEF:1000). ??? then activates Nightmare Steel Cage. During the end phase, Shining Soldier's effect summons another Shining Soldier from deck in defense with it's effect negated. He ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

"With the combo of Nightmare Steel Steel Cage and Shining Soldier's special effect, this man can buy enough time to get enough monsters to sacrifice. Yami, this guy means business , but I know Twilight can do this,"Yugi said to Yami.

Yami nodded. He then said,"Yugi let me take over. I have something to say to Twilight."

"Alright!"

Yugi's puzzle started to glow again, the puzzle's magic surged through Yugi's body. Once the puzzle's light started to die down Yami was now in control. Spike was shocked by this happening. The last time Yugi changed with Yami, Spike wasn't paying much attention, but since he was next to Yugi, he could see it with his own eyes.

"Twa. Twilight! Yugi just grew taller, and he looks older!,"Spike shouted.

Twilight turned around and said,"It's ok Spike. This is Yami. He is the spirit that lives in Yugi's puzzle. Tea told me all about it the day we went to get our duel disks. Yami thanks for coming to cheer me on. I'm so grateful"

"Please stop Twilight. You're embarrassing me. Anyway, I came to tell you that you can pass this little test. You have said you have never failed one of your teacher's tests before, so don't doubt yourself. Just believe in the cards your friends made. Their hearts are in those cards. Never forget that.,"Yami said to Twi.

He makes a few good points, Twi thought. I have always believed in the bond me and my friends share. It was strong enough to defeat Nighmare Moon and Discord, so I guess it must be strong enough to give me the cards I need to defeat any opponent. Hm, now let's see what I can do against that combo of his. As long as he has Nightmare Steel Cage neither of us can attack, but since his monster can summon more with each turn it makes him have almost an endless supply of defenses. I have to take out the cage.

"Alright I flip up Gaia, the Unicorn of Earth! Next, his flip effect kicks in! Now, I can special summon Gravel, the Earth Pegasus, from my deck face down. Now, Magic Overload gains one counter. This card gains a powerful effect once it has five counters! Next I summon good old Lillian, the Librarian, in attack mode! Magic Overload now gains one counter, and Lillian's special ability adds Book of Moon to my hand. And now I end my turn!,"Twi said.
**************************************************
Twilight's Turn:Twi flips up Gaia, the Unicorn of Earth (ATK: 400 DEF:1400). It's effect summons Gravel, the Earth Pegasus, in face down defense mode from her deck (ATK :300 DEF:2100). Magic Overload gains one counter. She then summons Lillian, the Librarian. Magic Overload gets one counter (Counter 2). She adds Book of Moon with Lillian's special effect. She then ends turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life- 4000 Monsters-3 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

"Great move!",Yami shouted to Twilight. "Now she has three monsters out Spike. I have to guess Gaia and Gravel can fuse together to make an alicorn monster just as the monsters I saw in her duel against Joey. So, all she needs now is a Polymerization magic card!"

Spike nodded to Yami. The little guy then started to yawn a bit. Yami smiled at him. Spike then passed out right on the floor. Yami picked him up and took off his backpack. He laid Spike's head against his bag. Twilight Sparkle then turned to see Spike passed out on the grass. "Yami thanks for doing that. Spike is a baby dragon so he needs his rest. He must of dozed out for a bit. At least he's getting some rest," she said to the spiky-haired duelist.

"Come on Twilight focus! Alright's it's my move, doll face! I summon Shining Guard in defense mode!",the hooded man said.

Yami quickly intervened by saying," Wait! That's a six star monster. According to the rules, you must sacrifice another monster first! That's an illegal play"

The man shook his finger at Yami. "Very true king of games. I see you know this game well, but my card breaks that rule as easily as stepping on a twig! You see, since I have two Shining monsters on the field, I can summon this card without sacrificing another monster. How dare you say I break the rules Yugi! So please get out of this! This is between her and I! Now back to the duel. I active an equip magic card known as Ring of Magnetism! And I'll use it on my guard. It may lower my monsters attack and defense points by 500, but it's now the only monster you can attack. And since it's the end phase , my soldier's effect summons another Shining Soldier from my deck in defense mode! I end my turn!"
**************************************************

??? Turn: ??? summons Shining Guard (ATK:1000 DEF:2500). He can summon it without a tribute since he has 2 shining monsters out. He then activates Ring of Magnetism, and equips it to Guard. It's attack and defense are lower by 500 (ATK :500 DEF:2000). End phase Shining Soldier summons another from deck with it's effect negated.
He then ends turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 4000 Monsters-4 Face down cards-0.
**************************************************

Yugi then said to Yami, "Even when that cage disappears, she won't able to attack those soldiers because of the Ring of Magnetism magic card! Yami, this guy just protected himself even more! All he needs to play that card Twilight's teacher gave him. Once he does this duel will be over, and Twilight will, will!"

Yugi started to tear up a bit, but Yami quickly put his hand on his shoulder. Yugi turned to Yami. Yami's face basically told Yugi that everything would be fine. Yugi wiped his tears, and he went back to watching the duel.

Twilight turned around for a second. She thought she heard something. Her focus then went back to the task at hand: passing this test!

"My move! Hi Ya!,"Twi said as she drew her card. "I tribute Lillian, the Librarian, in order to summon Zecora, the Brew Master, in attack mode!"

The zebra appeared in front of Twi. Zecora turned around and noticed that the human looked like Twilight. "Twilight is that you? Oh and is that little Spike over there too?," Zecora asked.

Twi then answered,"Yes it's me Zecora. I'm sorry to bring you here. I didn't know playing this card would take you out of Equestria and transport you to this world. Please forgive me."

"Twilight it's alright. I'm flattered that you asked me to help you fight. Back in the day, I used to be the toughest zebra around. Let us win so I can get out of this town!,"Zecora said.

Twilight nodded. She then continued with her move. "Now, Magic Overload gains another counter, and I use Zecora's effect. If I send one magic card to the graveyard I can add one card with "brew" in it's name to my hand. I add Fusion Brew. Alright, next I'll use Fusion Brew! Since Zecora is face up on my field this card can fuse two monsters together during my next standby phase. I choose my face down Gravel and my face up Gaia. Next, I switch Gaia to defense mode, and I set this card face down. I end my turn! Oh, this means your cage is gone! Let's see what you can do!"
**************************************************
Twilight's Turn: Twi tributes Lillain to summon Zecora, the Brew Master (1500 ATK: 2200 DEF). Magic Overload gets one counter (3). She activates its effect, by sending her Book of Moon to the grave, she can add Fusion Brew.She activates Fusion Brew, which allows her to fuse her two other monsters during her next standby phase since Zecora is face up on the field. She switches Gaia to defense mode. She sets Equestrian Shield. End phase, Nightmare Steel Cage is sent to the grave. She ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life- 4000 Monsters-3 Face down cards-1.
*************************************************

"See I told you Yugi, Twilight is doing just fine. I guarantee that fusion monster will be one that can turn this duel around. Say, would you like to switch back?,"Yami said to Yugi proudly.

The young boy agreed to switch. The puzzle did its thing, so now Yugi was the one in control. Meanwhile in an ally near by stood a rare hunter. He was there to show Marik what was happening. Sunset Shimmer wasn't left out on this, she was recording the match from the top of a nearby building.'

This way, even if that so called princess manages to get the card from Celestia, at least I'll be prepared for it, Sunset thought. I wonder who is this mysterious messenger from Equestria. Wait! All of the cards in his deck have been Warrior cards. Also, they all have the word "shining" in the name. It reminds me of somepony, but who could it be. I may perhaps learn his true identity as the duel goes on..

"Alright Miss Sparkle it's my move! I draw! I activate this magic card: Sun Rise! And as the name states the sun will rise in two turns. I tribute my three Shining Soldiers! In two turns I can summon Celestia, the Sun Alicorn, from my deck! Once that happens, you will be defeated! Now, I call upon Shining Knight!"the man said.

Suddenly a knight in armor appeared in front of him. It made Twi a bit uneasy. The man then shouted,"Let's show them your might. Shining Knight attack Gaia with Shining Sword Thrust!"

The monster was dashing over at the speed of lightning! Twi quickly pressed the button on her duel disk and said, "Oh my! Trap card activate: Equestrian Shield! This prevents my monster from being destroyed in battle! And I get to draw one card. That was close!"

The man laughed a bit. "Whats so funny?,"Yugi asked.

The man replied,"You may have saved your monster, but not your life points. You see, when my knight attacks a monster in defense mode and if its attack is greater than a monsters defense, you take the difference as damage! That's 500! I end my turn."
================================================================================

??? Turn: He activates Sun Rise. He then tributes his three Shining Soldiers. In 2 turns he can special summon Celestia, the Alicorn of the Sun. He summons Shining Knight. (ATK:1900 DEF:1000). It attacks Gaia, but Twi uses her trap, Equestrian Shield, which prevents Gaia from being destroyed in battle this turn. Knight's effect inflicts piercing damage.

Twilight's Life Points: 4000->3500

Then Equestrian Shield effect lets her draw one card. He sets one card and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life- 4000 Monsters-2 Face down cards-1.
================================================================================

Spike just now decided to wake up with a huge yawn. "Ah! What! Wheres Twilight? Twilight!"Spike said.

Twilight turned around to face Spike. He then made a sigh of relief. He started to hear the sound of someone familiar. Spike turned to see Mokuba and Seto Kaiba coming towards them. "Spike! Hey Spike!,"Mokuba cheerfully shouted.

Spike turned to the boy and gave him a high-five. Seto then looked at Yugi and said, "So Twilight wasn't lying when she said she knew you. So ,Yugi, who is the man that she is dueling against? I have never seen him before."

"Yugi,"Yami said.

Yugi looked to him and said,"Yes?"

Yami responded, "I think it would be better if you didn't tell Kaiba about who this man is or why Twilight is dueling him. He wouldn't believe us if we told him the truth. Twilight had a hard time telling us about her world. Imagine how Kaiba would react! He would probably end up hurting Twi's feelings, and that's the last thing she needs right now. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do Yami. Okay, I'll take your suggestion,"Yugi said to Yami. Yami then gave him a high five.

Yugi then turned to Kiaba and answered his question by saying,"Well he's just some random duelist you know. There is nothing special about him at all. So, why did you come to this part of town Kaiba? Shouldn't you be, oh I don't know, dueling to get the locator cards so that you can enter the finals?!"

Mokuba then blurted out,"For your information, my brother already has four locator cards! Show them Seto!"

Kiaba then reached into his pocket and pulled out his four clear cards. Twilight then just noticed Mokuba and his brother just arriving. She then went towards them and then said,"Oh Seto! And Mokuba too! How have you been? I know I just saw you a while ago, but did you manage to find out who has the remaining Egyptian god cards?"

Seto shook his head. "So, what's the score Yugi? I think my brother and I should stick around to watch."

Mokuba was overjoyed and he quickly rushed to watch next to Spike. Yugi then replied to Kiaba,"Well Twilight has 3500 life points while her opponent hasn't lost any! But it's Twilight's turn and she's going to summon a monster I believe will guide her to victory!"

Good thing I decided to stay. I want to know everything Twilight's got, Seto thought. She may even end up being a formidable adversary indeed.

Then the hooded man shouted,"Can we stop with the talking, and get back to the duel please! It's your move! Let's see what you've got Twiley! Uh, I mean Twilight."

Mokuba then asked, "Twiley? Why would he call her that Seto? Didn't Yugi say he's a stranger."

"I don't know Mokuba, but it is interesting. The man is hooded so maybe it's one of Twilight's friends in disguise,"Seto said to his little brother.

Wait he just said Twiley, Twilight said to herself. Only one pony I know who calls me that. Is he my brother?

"Shining Armour? Is that you under there?" Twi asked.

"Shining Armour?,"the others said.

The man reacted by putting his hands out in front of him, shaking them back and forth. "No. No. Why would you think that?"

"Because you addressed me as Twiley. And Shining Armour is the only one who calls me that! So, come on, big brother, take the hood off!"Twi said.

The group then said,"Brother?"

The hooded man then took the hood off. It was indeed Twilight's BBBFF Shining Armour! His hair was the same style, and he was wearing a plain white tee with a jacket with his cutie mark on it.

"The princess knew I couldn't keep my identity a secret for long so she said if you guessed who I am I could take the disguise off! So surprise!,"Shining said.

Spike and Twilight then ran up to the man and hugged him. Twilight had tears in her eyes! She had missed her brother so much. The three then walked to the spectators.

"Oh, everyone, this is my older brother, Shining Armour. Shining Armour this is Yugi, Mokuba, and Seto!" Twi said to Shining Armour.

They all shook his hand while saying,"Hello!"

"Twilight you sure keeps things interesting that's for sure.,"Seto Kaiba said.

"Oh! That reminds me! Celestia told me to give you this once I revealed myself to you! It's a book called "The Crystal Mirror". It has some information you might be interested in, but you can look at it after our duel ends,"Shining said to Twilight. Twi gave the book to Spike.

Seto and Mokuba then asked,"Who's Celestia?"

Yugi blurted out,"Oh she's Twilight's teacher. Right Twilight?"

"Yes. She has taught me everything I know about, well, everything. Big brother how is she? And how are my friends doing?,"Twi asked her BBFF.

He told her how they were doing as the two went back to their respective positions. The duel disks displayed the images again. Seto, Mokuba, Spike, and Yugi eye's were set on the duel. Sunset and Marik were still observing as well. Sunset was intrigued by Shining Armour's reveal. Twi then drew her card.

"Now that I know it's you, big brother, I won't go easy on you!"

"I wouldn't have it any other way Twiley! Now let's see what that fusion monster of yours can do!"

"Alright, since it's my standby phase, my Fusion Brew now kicks in. I fuse Gaia, the Unicorn of Earth, with Gravel, the Earth Pegasus, to summon a monster that the earth itself fears!"

The ground started to shake a bit. Mokuba and Spike then held on Kaiba and Yugi respectively. "What's happening bro?," Mokuba asked shakily.

"Mokuba it's just special effects. Now get a hold of yourself! Nothing is real remember!,"Seto said to his little brother.

I hope you know what your doing Twilight, Spike said to himself.

Twi then continued,"Mighty spirit of the earth, please assist me in passing this test! I summon Rockrose, the Alicorn of the Earth, in defense mode!"

A huge alicorn appeared out a rock structure. It had a pink mane with rocks shaped like roses. All of those watching the duel were amazed by the appearance of the monster.

"Magic Overload now gains another counter! Now, let me show you my monster's effect! Once per turn, by not attacking, this card can deal damage equal to half of it's attack points! Since it has 1800, you take 900 points of damage! Now, I'll switch Zecora to defense mode and end my turn,"Twi said.
================================================================================
Twilight's turn: In the standby phase, Twilight fuses Gaia and Gravel to summon Rockrose, the Alicorn of Earth, in defense mode, (ATK:1800 DEF:3200). Magic Overload gain's one counter (4). Its effect activates: since it's in defense mode by not attacking, it can deal half of it's attack points as damage.

Shining Armour's Life points: (4000-> 3100).

She switches Zecora to defense mode, and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life- 3500 Monsters-2 Face down cards-0
================================================================================

"Hm clever. She's preparing for that monster that will be here in two turns. Not only that, she also managed to damage his life points. Twilight has quickly mastered this game in such a short time! It's amazing!,"Yami said to Yugi.

Yugi then said,"Yeah, I'm proud of her. It makes me glad that we helped her do that. I am grateful that we met her Yami."

"So am I Yugi. So am I,"Yami replied.

Mokuba then said to Spike,"Wow Twilight may be as good as my brother!"

"She is! Come on Twilight! We are behind you! Prove to the princess that your ready to receive that card! If you need me I'm here for you!,"Spike enthusiastically shouted.

Mokuba was stunned for a second by Spike's mentioning of princess, and that card. Mobuka then said,"Spike, who's the princess you mentioned? And what is that card you said? Is that the rarest card in Shining Armour's deck or something?"

Yugi then quickly grabbed Spike and whispered,"Spike don't tell Mokuba anything about the card or the princess ok. Remember what I told you about Kaiba? If you told Mokuba then he would most likely tell his brother. And Kaiba would most likely say something like Oh that's not "real", or something "like", that. It could hurt Twilight's feelings, and she doesn't need that. Do you get it?"

Spike answered softly,"Sure. I understand."

Spike and Yugi then went back to their spots. Mokuba then asked,"What was that about?"

"Oh he just wanted to tell me that uh. Oh! That he will hold the book Twilight's brother gave her,"Spike said to the boy.

"Alright Twiley it's my move and I draw! Now it's been one turn since I played Sun Rise so next turn I get to play my monster! I summon Shining Cannon Holder in attack mode! Now this card has a special effect that's quite a bit explosive. I tribute my knight, and you take damage equal to the number of stars he had times 200. Since he has 4 stars you take 800 points. Go Blinding Cannon!,"Shining said.

The cannon absorbed the knight, and turned it into a beaming light ball. It then was launched right at Twilight. When it hit Spike and Yugi shouted "Twilight!"

Once the light died down, the two saw Twilight still standing. Her life points dropped to 2700. Twi then wiped the dust from the attack off her arm. She then turned to the group and gave a grin. It told them she was ok. Sunset, who was still observing , started to crack up at the sign of Twilight getting blasted. Marik, who was also watching through the eyes of the rare hunter, was also amused by the sight. He even started to chuckle a bit. Seto seemed to feel a little worried at the time of the blast. He then was a bit relieved when Twilight grinned. It was almost like he took a liking to the element of magic. Mokuba was also enjoying being around Spike, who in human form was around his age, since he never has hung out with kids his age who were nice.

Shining then said,"I set this trap face down and end my turn. What will you do now Twilight? I am once again in the lead. Now you must focus or you will never get this card from Celestia. Now little sister bring it on! "
================================================================================

Shining Armour's Turn: He normal summons Shining Cannon Holder (ATK:1200 DEF:300). He then uses it's special ability. He tributes Shining Knight to deal damage equal to it's level times 200.

Twilight's Life Points: (3500->2700)

He sets one card and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life- 3100 Monsters-2 Face down cards-2.
================================================================================