• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 6,118 Views, 145 Comments

Twilight's Journey in Battle City - deleted account DNB



When Sunset Shimmer steals Twilight's crown she ventures into a new world with humans who play card games. She then meets Yugi Moto and his friends. In order to win her crown back she must beat the best of best including Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
16
 145
 6,118

Chapter 12: The Bond between Bros Yugi VS Joey Part 3

"Yami. I have to do something, but I don't think you will like it." said Yugi.

"What do you have in mind?"

Yugi takes off the puzzle from his neck.

"I have to give Joey the puzzle."

"Yugi, are you crazy? That is exactly what Marik wants. Why take the risk?"

"Because Yami, Joey is my best friend! I know it seems like the worst thing I could do, but I know the puzzle will help us get through to him. Joey gave me his Red Eyes Black Dragon, so it's my turn to give him something too. This act of kindness and friendship is needed. You understand Yami don't you?"

Yami didn't respond.

"Yugi, I can't stop you, but are you sure this is the right choice?"

"I am Yami. Trust me. Can you do that?"

"Yes. I will trust you. You have always gotten through for us. Now, take care. I won't be able to communicate with you, but just know I will be watching."

"I know you will. Thanks partner."

Yugi then started to walk over to Joey with the puzzle in hand.

Twi thought, Yugi, what are you up to?

Yugi then said to Joey with his arm reached out, "Joey, I want you to have this. It's my most prized possession: the Millennium Puzzle."

"Yug?." whispered Joey.

Yugi placed the puzzle around Joey's neck.

"This puzzle is now yours. Just as you gave me your Red Eyes, I am giving you my puzzle as a sign of our true friendship."

"Yugi. Yugi's puzzle. My..friend."

Joey started to breath heavily.

"I want you to keep it Joey."

Yugi then thought while walking back to his spot, Hopefully that puzzle will help him free himself from Marik's control before time runs out. If Joey breaks free soon, then there is a chance we both can be saved. Marik may think that Joey is his and has Joey all wrapped up, but I know he is wrong, because you may be able to control his mind, but not his heart. I have seen signs of the real Joey throughout this duel like when he saw his dragon for the first time. Come on Joey break free!

Joey then said,"The puzzle. Yugi's puzzle."

"Joey are you in there?," asked Yugi.

Marik then said to Joey using his magic, "Ignore him my servant! He gave you this puzzle to try to bribe you. Yugi is your enemy and wants to hurt you! So listen to me, and destroy him!"

"Destroy, Yugi."

"That's right Joey. Destroy Yugi. So, now dispose of that puzzle now so it can't weaken us!"

Joey took off the puzzle

"Now, throw it into the ocean. Once we win, I'll have my hunters fetch it out from the bottom of the sea! I will not be denied my fate as pharaoh!"

Joey then said, "Say goodbye to your puzzle Yugi!"

"Don't do it Joey!," shouted Tea.

"Fight him Joey.," said Yugi.

"The only one who I am fighting is you little Yugi."

Joey took a small piece of the puzzle and put the rest of it on the floor beside him.

Marik then said,"Good Joey. Now, show Yugi you don't need the puzzle and throw that piece into the ocean. Do it now!"

"Don't do it Joey! Please!," shouted Yugi.

Suddenly, Joey stopped, and a memory was triggered in his head. It was when Yugi pleaded Joey to not throw a puzzle piece into the river near their school. Then the memory of Yugi saving Joey and Tristan from the school bully appeared too.

Joey then said, "I..can't..True...friend."

Joey fell to the ground with the piece still in his hand.

"What are you doing fool?! Do as I say and throw it now!"

"No. Yugi's my friend."

Joey put the piece back into the puzzle, and put it around his neck.

"Good job Joey!," said Spike.

Marik then thought, I'm losing my hold on his mind again. That Yugi is quite the pest.

"Alright then keep the darn thing. It doesn't really matter anyway. Either way Yugi will be crushed." said Marik.

Joey replied, "Yes sir. Keep the puzzle."

"That's it Joey. Keep fighting him," Yami said from inside the puzzle.

"Yugi, listen here and now! Your little tricks won't work anymore. So, make your move so I can finish you off." said Joey.

"Alright Joey it's my move! I draw. Now, I summon Beta, the Magnet Warrior in attack mode.," said Yugi.

Joey replied, "What a pathetic monster. Is that the best you've got.?I expect more from the so called 'King of Games'. Oh wait he isn't here. HEHEHEHE!"

"I'll set these two cards facedown, and end my turn."
================================================================================
Yugi's Turn: Yugi summons Beta, the Magnet Warrior in attack position (ATK:1700 DEF:1600). He then sets two cards face down. He ends his turn.


Status: Hand-2 Life- 1000 Monsters-2 Face down cards-3
================================================================================

"Seto, I have a question to ask you.," Twi said.

"Sure, what is it?"

"What were the cards that Yugi and Joey took from each other because of Yugi's Exchange card?"

"Oh, I never told you that. If I recall Joey took Card Destruction, and Yugi took...ugh....I don't remember. Vicky do you remember the card Yugi took?"

Vicky replied,"No. Sorry."

"Sorry Twilight. I can't remember."

"It's ok Seto. We will find out shortly I think. We only have 15 minutes left till that anchor falls. We have to end this soon." Twilight said to Seto.

"I agree. I have seen enough madness for one afternoon."

"What a pathetic move. How foolish.," Joey said.

Marik said to Joey, "He left us a welcome mat. So, why don't we go and attack him? I know you won't disappoint me my mind servant. Attack Yugi now!"

"It's over fool. I summon my Panther Warrior in attack mode. Next I'll have Rocket Warrior attack Beta." Joey said.

"What?," said Marik.

The rocket was headed straight for Yugi's monster, but Yugi quickly pressed a button on his duel disk.

"I activate my trap card Magic Arm Shield.," said Yugi.

"That's one of Joey's cards isn't it Twi?," asked Spike.

She replied,"Yes. So, this must be the card Yugi took from him. Now, Yugi can re-direct Rocket Warrior's attack to any monster he wants. I think we both know which one he will pick."

Yugi continued,"Your monster will now attack Panther Warrior, and thanks to your magic card your panther loosed 1500 attack points. Also, your rocket's effect makes it lose 500 more attack leaving it with 0."

This is getting annoying, Marik thought.Wheeler disobeyed me again! I'm losing my grip on his mind.

Sunset walked into the room where Marik was.

"Having some trouble I see.," she said to him.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy?!"

"Well, Flash just got back, and he failed to capture Joey's sister and Tristan Taylor. Oops."

"That friend of yours will be punished for his failures, but that will be dealt with later. For now, I must focus on the task at hand."

"I'll leave you be, but I just wanted to let you know that more of Yugi's friends, including the sister and Tristan, are coming here now."

"Oh great. More pests."

"Well, I've got some things to do. Ta Ta."

Sunset left the room.

"That's the end of my turn." Joey said.
================================================================================
Joey's Turn: He normal summons Panther Warrior (ATK:2000 DEF:1600). He then attacks Beta with Rocket Warrior, but Yugi uses his face down card Magic Arm Shield. This redirects it's attack to Panther Warrior. Rocket Warrier's effect prevents it's destruction and Panther Warrior's attack is reduced by 500. Attrition's effect lowers it's attack by 1500. Joey ends his turn, and Rocket Warrier's effect wears off.

Status: Hand-2 Life- 2400 Monsters-2 Face down cards-0
================================================================================

"My turn. I tribute my Beta, in order to summon Beast of Gilfer.," Yugi said.

The monster appeared in front of Yugi.

"That monster looks tough. Come on Yugi. You can do it." said Spike.

"Beast of Gilfer attack his Rocket Warrior with spiral flame attack!," Yugi shouted.

Joey's face was filled with horror as the flames destroyed his monster.

"Joey are you there? Joey!," said Yugi.

Joey stood in silence.

Yugi then thought of something.

"You have to remember who you are. Remember when you competed at Duelist Kingdom. When you dueled for your sister Serenity." Yugi said.

"Ser..ren..it.ty.." Joey said.

"That's right Joey think about her. It's because of you that she will see again. Remember her."

Memories of Duelist Kingdom slowly started to flood into Joey's mind. The times where he was in a jam, but remembered his sister which helped inspire him to win. The memory of seeing Serenity before the operation was there too.

"Serenity. My...little...sis.," Joey said.

Tea shouted, "That's it Joey remember her! She's counting on you!"

"Don't listen to them! I am the only one you should listen too. Now, get back in this or else!." Marik shouted to Joey.

"Make your move.," Joey said.

Yugi responded,"I'll end my turn now."
================================================================================
Yugi's Turn: Yugi sacrifices Beta, the Magnet Warrior to tribute summon Beast of Gilfer (ATK:2200 DEF:2500). Beast of Gilfer attacks Rocket Warrior.

Joey's Life Points: 2400->1700

Yugi ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life- 1000 Monsters-2 Face down cards-2
================================================================================

"Seto I just thought of an idea of how we can stop this.," Mokuba said.

His brother replied,"You did? Whisper it into my ear."

Mokuba whispered into Seto's ear his idea.

"You know what Mokuba, it's crazy but it just might work. Let me go over here and make the arrangements. Hopefully we aren't too late."

Seto walked into the corner. Twilight noticed this and walked next to him.

"Is this plan of yours really going to help us?," she asked.

"Of course it will." he replied. "As head of this tournament, it is my job to stop this dangerous duel and my job alone. Now, Twilight let me make the plans please."

"Oh. Ok. I'll just go back with the others."

Twilight walked away slowly.

Seto then said to himself, That girl likes to stick her nose where it doesn't belong, but on the other hand she is trying to help. Oh, Twilight you are kind and so...cut.....e. Gah! Snap out of it Seto! You need to get your emotions in check! It can't distract you from your true goals. Now, to set up the plan. Hopefully you aren't too late to stop this crazy duel.

"It's my move little Yugi, and I draw.," Joey said.

Joey looked at what he drew and he grinded his teeth.

"Looks like Joey isn't too happy with his current hand." Vicky commented.

Mokuba then said,"Hopefully this means that this will be over soon."

"I'll set these two cards face down. Thats my turn." said Joey.
================================================================================
Joey's Turn: Joey sets two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life- 1700 Monsters-1 Face down cards-2
================================================================================

Twilight thought, What exactly is Marik up too anyway? Setting cards in this game is never a bad option, but why didn't he change Panther Warrior to defense mode? Those cards he set must be apart of a comeback strategy.

Twi then shouted,"Yugi watch out for the face downs!"

"Shut your mouth!," Joey shouted.

Twilight did as he said.

"My move Joey! I draw!" Yugi said.

I have to remember what Twilight said, thought Yugi. Those cards must be apart of his plan, but I have to attack him. This attack may get through to the real Joey. It's worth the risk to save my best friend. Let's just hope it works for Joey's sake.

"Alright, Beast of Gilfer attack Panther Warrior now!," Yugi shouted.

Marik thought, He fell for it!.

" Hold it Yugi.I activate my Graceful Dice. And just to make sure I win I also use Skull Dice. Depending on what number I roll with Graceful Dice my Panther's attack will multiply by 500." Joey said.

Yugi then stated, "I don't think so Joey. De-spell activate now! This card negates your dices effect and destroys it!"

Why you little...Marik said to himself.

Joey then continued,"My Skull Dice is still ready to go. Now, depending on the number I roll your beast's power will decrease. Skull Dice start rolling!"

The dice started to roll around the field. Everyone was watching it closely.

"Come on Yugi. 2 or 1. 2 or 1." said Spike.

The dice stopped.

"It's a 2! That means my monster's attack only get's cut in half. Beast of Gilfer destroy Panther Warrior now!," Yugi said.

The beast spitted up a fire stream and it burned Panther Warrior to a crisp.

"No....my...monster...," Joey said.

"Joey. Please wake up. Joey!," Yugi said.

"Can't you just realise you're friend isn't coming back. He belongs to me understand! Now, I'm about to take everything away from you just as soon as you end your turn." Marik said through Joey.

"I'll set this card and I'm done.," Yugi said.
================================================================================
Yugi's Turn: Yugi's Beast of Gilfer attacks Panther Warrior, but Joey activates his face down Graceful Dice and Skull Dice. Yugi uses De-spell to negate and destroy Graceful Dice. Joey rolls a 2 with Skull Dice. Yugi's Beast of Gilfer's attack points get cut in half, but it still manages to destroy Panther Warrior.

Joey's Life Points: 1700->1000

Status: Hand-2 Life- 1000 Monsters-1 Face down cards-2
================================================================================

Then Twilight hears something, and turns to see a group of people running towards them.

"It's Tristain and Mai!," shouted Twilight.

"They found us!," said Tea.

Tristan and Duke were about to run past them when Mokuba got in their way.

"Guys, don't get any closer. Please.," he said.

"What are you talking about Mokuba?," Tristan asked.

Mokuba pointed to the area where Tea was.

"If we get any closer that creep is going to drop that crate and hurt Tea. It's too risky Tristan."

"Why would they want to do that?"

"To make sure we don't try to stop the duel."

"That's messed up." Duke commented.

"If you think that's messed up just look at the set up of the duel." said Vicky.

The group turns to see the dueling field where Yugi and Joey at.

"You're right. This is crazy. These Rare Hunter's don't mess around.," Mai stated.

"What's up with the chains and the anchor?," asked Duke.

"And can someone tell me why they are dueling each other in the first place. Please we need answers." said Tristan.

"You see...," said Twi.

"Let me tell them Twilight. You're friend Joey Wheeler is on the Rare Hunter's side."

"What? But...How?," said Mai in shock.

"Somehow Joey lost his mind. Whoever looses the duel, gets dragged to bottom of the ocean." said Mokuba.

"That's insane.," said Tristan.

Duke added,"We have to stop this."

"But...we can't." said Mai.

"My brother....," Serenity said.

The young Wheeler was about to take her bandages off when Tea noticed her.

I can't let Serenity see Joey like this. It will scar her for life. Tea said to herself.

"Serenity don't take your bandages off yet!, Trust me on this." Tea shouted.

"Poor Joey.," Serenity whispered.

Mai put her arm around her, and said,"Don't you worry. If anyone can help your brother it's Yugi."

"The end is near for you little Yugi, and more of your pathetic friends have arrived just in time to witness your ultimate defeat at my hands. Soon the entire world will be bowing before me. HEHEHEHEHEHEEEE," said Marik.

Joey drew his card, and looked at it. His face turned to a villainous smile.

Marik then said to Joey, "Meteor of Destruction yes! The card we need to win. Now, play this card, and wipe out the rest of Yugi's life points! And destroy him!"

"It's over for you little Yugi. Prepare to be destroyed.," Joey said.

"Seto. How are the plan arrangements coming along?," his brother asked.

"Good. They will be here soon. Let's just hope they get here in time."

"What arrangements?," asked Duke.

"Sush.....keep it down. If my plan works than we can get out of this mess.Just be quiet please."

"Alright."

"Come on Joey. This is your last chance to break free!," Yugi said in desperation.

Marik then said to Joey,"Ignore him my servant. Play this magic card and win me that puzzle and do it now!"

"This is it Joey. Come on snap out of it. Remember who you are."

"I...am...Joey... I...remember..my...friends... and..going to Duelist Kingdom to win for Serenity." Joey said.

"That's it Joey. Keep remembering."

"I...remember...battling...in...Battle..City...and...my...promise..."

"Yes your promise to me that you would help me stop Marik! And all of those duels you won.."

"My..past is real!"

"You have no past! Destroy him now! Destroy Yugi. NOW!!!!," Marik shouted to Joey.

Joey screamed and fell to his knees.

"Get out of my head!"

"Your weak mind is no match for my powers. Do as I say and play Meteor of Destruction now!"

"I can't. He is my best friend. I won't destroy Yugi!"

Yugi and Twilight shouted at the same time,"Fight him Joey!"

"You can do it!," shouted Spike.

Marik got really angered, and shouted,"Silence! Obey me now or face severe consequences!"

"You can do it Joey! Be strong!," said Yugi.

Yami said from within the puzzle,"That's it Joey. Keep on fighting him."

"Gotta..be...strong." Joey said

Yugi then thought, I know this time Joey is going to do. I know our friendship is more powerful than anything, and his loyalty to his friends and to himself will help him break free. His will is strong, and that rod Marik has has nothing on that. Come on Joey. I know you can do this.

"Marik! You hide like a coward, but wherever you are I know you can hear me and I've got some news for you! There will be a loser in this duel but's not who you think. It's not me or Joey. It's you; you will lose this duel! Yugi yelled.

"What!?" Marik said.

"You of thought you could turn my best friend Joey against me, but I am afraid there is something you didn't think about when you made your so called "brilliant" plan": the strength of Joey's bond with his friends!"

Joey's eyes widened.

Yugi continued, "Time may be running out, but Joey's back and we are in control of this duel now. And since your power isn't on Joey anymore I would have to say that you lose!"

"Yug." Joey said.

"I mean if you aren't the one dueling anymore than how can you possibly win. Get it! You can't control Joey anymore "

"Everyone can be controlled, and once I force Joey to use my magic card you will lose!" Marik said.

Joey's hand with the magic card started to move on it's on slowly. Joey tried to fight back.

"I can't." said Joey.

"Behold the power of my Millennium Rod's ancient magic!," Marik shouted to Joey.

A golden eye symbol appeared on his forehead. Marik was now in complete control of him.

"It's over for you. I activate Meteor of Destruction!, Look who is losing now?!" Marik said through Joey.

"No..," said Yugi.

"Oh no. Big big brother!," cried Serenity.

"Yugi. My friends. Help me please!" Joey shouted loudly.

He then started to glow red.

"What's happening to him!?," asked Mai.

"Is that what I think it is?," said Twilight.

Suddenly, a bright red flash of light beamed around Joey. A golden bangle appeared on his right wrist and it had a red jewel in the middle. The light faded, and Joey's eyes returned to normal. The symbol also disappeared.

"You did it!," said Yugi.

"What?! I guess Wheeler's will was too strong. You'll pay for this!," Marik shouted.

Author's Note:

Wow. That was a big one. Took me quite a while, but I finally managed to write this one out. Stay tuned to ch.13 with the final conclusion of this epic duel. hope you enjoyed this chapter. Any and all thoughts/ comments are welcome, and feedback is appreciated. Thanks for being patient guys!