• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 14,739 Views, 223 Comments

To be Young Again - Chatterjoy



A spell goes horribly wrong and Princesses Celestia and Luna find that they now have to take care of a young alicorn filly Twilight!

  • ...
12
 223
 14,739

Chapter 18

The filly was being nudged gently. Twilight opened her eyes to see Woona looking at her. The filly had been having a nightmare again.

She remembered the flashing images perfectly. The caregiver looked so scary. It was so confusing. Woona had been there to help her, and now Twilight didn’t want to sleep with the caregiver anymore.

She was too scary. Woona was not as scary, and it made the filly feel better. Woona had also been helping her walking skills. The caregiver had helped some, but Woona was not as good. The caregiver was much more patient with her.

Woona was stricter, while the caregiver would help her if she started crying, Woona would just stare at her. The dark one’s words were inspiring though. It made her want to try harder. Would she end up like the caregiver if she didn’t learn how to walk properly?

The past few days Twilight would walk with Woona. She followed her everywhere. She could not let the dark one out of her sight! What if a copycat took her place! Twilight would not let it happen. She would protect Woona.

Twilight was bouncing around Woona’s hooves. Normally Woona would be awake at night but today was different.

Woona saw something and began to wave. Words were spoken and Twilight saw the caregiver approach them. Was this a copycat or the real caregiver? Both scared her. The caregiver looked at her and said something.

The filly could only hide behind Woona’s leg. If the caregiver was trying to apologize she would have to wait till she could figure out if she was fixed. Something flashed in the caregiver’s eyes. Was it sadness?

Woona attempted to push her towards the caregiver. No! She would talk with the caregiver when she felt like it! The filly teleported behind Woona’s leg again. A different emotion flashed into the caregiver’s eyes. It made the filly feel really sad.

The caregiver parted some words to Woona and continued down the hall. Woona looked sad too. Why is every pony getting sad? Did she do something wrong? At the thought of breaking every pony Twilight began to tear up.

Woona panicked and picked her up. Its magic was not the same as the caregiver’s, but it was definitely better than that giant buzzer’s. After Woona had managed to calm the filly down, she set her on the floor.

Woona said something and turned down the hall. Twilight remembered this hall! The caregiver had taken her down this hall a few times so she could eat the food that was not mushed.

Why did they not eat mushy food? Was it bad for them? Twilight didn’t dwell on the matter as she trotted to keep up with Woona.

Woona did not like Twilight riding on her back as often as the caregiver did. She would remove the filly from her back every time Twilight tried to get on. Did Woona want her to walk every where like she did? She would try it.

Twilight soon found enjoyment in walking around with Woona. She felt a new sense of freedom. The filly looked up at Woona. Woona had noticed her staring and flashed a smile at the filly.

The filly got lost in the smile for a moment and before Twilight knew it they had arrived at the place where the toys, Woona, and caregiver at the unmushed food.

~A~

Woona opened the doors, and the toys were already there waiting for her, or were they waiting for Woona? Either way Twilight felt special. She eyed on the table her bottle filled with her delicious food.

The filly teleported immediately to the table, and began to attack the bottle mercilessly. The food inside it tasted extra delicious today. Woona sat down more gracefully. Still the others did not eat. Who were they waiting for then?

The caregiver or the copycat, Twilight had not yet decided who it was had arrived. She looked broken. Her head was held a little low and her white body did not have that imposing warm presence.

The caregiver spotted her and released a small smile. The caregiver would have to wait to have the bottle. It was hers. She claimed it and so she would eat from it.

The caregiver sat down but didn’t touch her food. The others besides Woona had immediately dug in. So they were waiting for the caregiver? What if she was the copycat? Would they know? Twilight would have to find out.

An argument was happening before her. Woona and the caregiver had bad faces and the caregiver seemed to be throwing a fit. Twilight was the only one allowed to do this. Besides Woona was hers to and only Twilight was allowed to throw a fit.

Twilight remembered how the caregiver had fed her the mushed apple. Using her magic Twilight shakily grabbed the pointy digger tool. It was not round like the others she had seen toys using.

She scooped some up, and stuffed it into the caregiver’s mouth. If this was a copy then…Twilight had no idea. All the filly knew was that if she ate it that was the caregiver. If she didn’t it was a copycat.

Twilight had no idea the logic behind this, but it didn’t matter. She was the filly, therefore she was always right, and the others had to do her bidding.

The caregiver had chewed it and swallowed. So it was the real caregiver after all! This made Twilight extremely happy. That meant she wouldn’t have to train Woona to be the caregiver!

In her happiness she wanted to show her approval by stuffing more food into the caregiver’s mouth. She had tried in vain to stop the filly, but Twilight was determined to show that she accepted her again.

The yellow liquid leaked from the caregiver’s mouth. Did she accidentally break her? The moment of hesitation had given the caregiver enough time to swallow what was in her mouth.

Oh yes. How could the filly have forgotten? Caregiver was slow when it came to eating. Twilight should have expected that not every toy was as proficient as her when it came to eating. Except Puffy. Puffy was really fast.

~A~

She had fallen asleep at some point. All she remembered was that Woona had put her in the care of Puffy. Puffy had fallen asleep shortly leaving the filly to her own devices.

Twilight let out a giggle. Puffy must have been really tired! It wasn’t like the filly had run around every where after the pink toy removed her white triangle. Only the caregiver or Woona was allowed to touch it.

Besides Puffy did it wrong. Only remove it when stinky. She hadn’t left one yet!

Twilight buzzed to the caregiver’s room. Tonight she would sleep with her. After all she wasn’t a copycat, so it was Twilight’s job to be with the caregiver. Apparently the caregiver couldn’t be trusted to do things herself.

The caregiver wasn’t in her room. Everything seemed changed. Twilight would have to make things better. She used her lifting magic and brought all the flimsy squares and blocks to her mouth. They looked like this didn’t they?

She bit into every single one she could find. She left nothing unbitten. Twilight thought the room looked better this way.

The comfy sleeping thing was next that needed to be fixed. The fluffy object she had fought the caregiver with needed to be moved over here. It would provide color. As Twilight struggled to lift the fluffy object to where she wanted a stinky smell emitted from her rear end.

Brown stained the comfy sleeping thing. Oh well. The caregiver wouldn’t be that mad would she? After all it provided some darker color to the bright coloring.

Twilight finally got the object she wanted to the corner. She climbed upon it and attempted to move other objects with her lifting magic. The strain caused her to release when she didn’t want to.

Yellow stained the pillow. The caregiver wouldn’t mind that either would she? After all Twilight was doing her a favor, making this room look better.

Finally the strain of using magic exhausted the filly. She lay near the yellow stain and fell asleep.

~A~

A loud booming noise echoed in the room. It startled Twilight and she began to wail. The caregiver had made a giant noise just like Woona did sometimes. The only thing was that the caregiver’s was stronger and more powerful.

She had yelled Woona’s name. It wasn’t long before the dark toy answered the caregiver. Did this concern her? Maybe the caregiver was so happy that Twilight had made her room look better.

As the filly watched the two big ponies argue over something irrelevant, she couldn’t help but remember the other big ponies. They looked familiar just like when they had been copycats. She was wary of them as well. After all they may try to take her away from the caregiver.

She remembered that the blue one had a copycat of Woona’s cutie mark and the other one kinda looked like her. Was she a copycat of her? Were copycats everywhere? Twilight didn’t want anything to do with them so she stayed near Woona.

The two non copycat ponies wouldn’t go near her dark toy. Good, Woona was an excellent…whatever it was.

The caregiver had finished her argument with Woona, and she had picked Twilight up. They headed towards the clean room. The filly remembered enjoying the water with the caregiver. Were they going to do it again?

The cleaning was quick. The caregiver took her to a different room. Did the caregiver not like her design of her old room? Twilight thought she had done a great job reordering everything!

The caregiver began to tuck her in. Was she going to sing her a lullaby? Woona did it all the time, therefore the caregiver must provide one.

She began to sing. It was beautiful, but Woona sang this song all the time. The filly gave the biggest glare she could muster. Twilight did not want to hear that one!

The caregiver seemed to catch her meaning. A funny look crossed her features. Finally, the caregiver came up with a song. Her voice was beautiful. The filly wish she could sing like the caregiver. Woona was good, but something about the caregiver made her want to be like her!

There was a word Apple had said a while ago. When was it? The filly couldn’t remember. It sounded like the word would be useful here. She was getting sleepy. The caregiver’s voice was so pretty, and soon Twilight fell asleep.

Twilight woke up with a cramped feeling. She felt like she had to release again. She felt like she had to tell the caregiver.

Twilight ran and scampered up and down the body of the caregiver. The caregiver was stubborn and refused to heed her call. If she didn’t get up soon Twilight had a feeling that the caregiver might regret not listening earlier.

That word if she could say that word then surely the caregiver would awaken!

“Ma…Mama!” Twilight cried. It didn’t sound right but it would have to do. She looked like a Mama anyway. Caring, wonderful voice, and fat well the good fat. Twilight was too confused to think properly. She tried again with more urgency.

“Mama…Pee pee!”

The caregiver stirred this time. Once more should do the trick.

“Mama pee pee!”

The caregiver seemed to get the message. Quickly she guided the filly to the clean room. Twilight was so excited she shut the door and locked it on the caregiver. Privacy good! The filly required it. Taking care of the caregiver could be such a pain.

Some instinct guided her and without problems the filly was able to use the restroom. As Twilight calmed down, images flashed through her head. Images of her that looked older. Her transformation back to her original age was quick and painless and held no flare.

“Uh…”

Author's Note:

There filly vision. The epilogue will elaborate on stuff this chapter and the previous did not. It will also be cute and fluffy. I will also warn you that it will be short and sweet. Don't expect a 20 page essay.

Enjoy :3