• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 14,719 Views, 223 Comments

To be Young Again - Chatterjoy



A spell goes horribly wrong and Princesses Celestia and Luna find that they now have to take care of a young alicorn filly Twilight!

  • ...
12
 223
 14,719

Chapter 13

The next morning after Celestia raised the sun. The Princess was feeling incredibly depressed; this was the morning that Twilight’s parents were going to learn the truth, and the day that Twilight’s parents were going to learn what happened to their filly.

This was also the day that Twilight’s parents were going to learn that Celestia had failed in keeping their daughter safe.

The filly that was still on the bed began to roll over and yawn. The peaceful quiet was an illusion as Twilight began to wail.

A warm bottle was already prepared; Celestia was beginning to get the hang of Twilight’s feeding patterns. Gently the Princess lifted the bottle with her magic to the filly’s mouth. As usual once the bottle hit Twilight’s lips she would begin to guzzle.

“Well my faithful student, its time for us to part ways,” Celestia murmured to the filly, while she nuzzled her face.

When Celestia pulled back, Twilight looked up at her with curious eyes. The sight made Celestia want to cry, but she held her tears back, and she gave the little filly a watery smile.

“Up! Up!” Twilight cried waving her fore hooves.

Celestia let out a small chuckle and enveloped the filly in her magic. After Twilight was settled on her back, the Princess charged up her horn, and in a golden flash they were in the throne room.

Now all there was to do was to wait for Twilight’s family to appear. Celestia was early, and she knew it to. Twilight happily chewed on the Princess’s crown, while the Princess gloomily thought of the inevitable drama.

Just as she was thinking of the drama, Twilight’s parents bursted through the doors with worried looks. They practically teleported to the Princess’s side, and before Celestia knew what happened; Twilight Velvet had enveloped her daughter in her green magic.

“Oh my little filly!” cried Twilight Velvet. Her husband, Night Light, came up to her and began to comfort his wife.

“Princess what happened?” Night Light asked. His wife busy snuggling their daughter, who did not look to happy to be cuddled by some pony she did not know.

“A mishap with a spell, I wanted to see if I could fix the problem without alerting the both of you. I am sorry I failed.” The Princess hung her head low and in shame. She couldn’t look into the eyes of the parents.

Twilight Velvet began to laugh heartily, “Oh Princess! Such a foal like answer! You sound like a filly that made a mistake and went through great trouble and stress to fix it before her parents found out!”

Celestia looked genuinely surprised by Twilight’s mother’s response. Night Light chuckled at his wife’s outburst.

“You should have come to us first Princess! Perhaps you wanted to try out being a mother yourself. How did it go?”

Night Light elbowed his wife slightly. He was not entirely angry, but his wife was giving the wrong impression.

“Right dear, Princess Celestia I am disappointed you did not contact us! We could have given you diapers and toys and advice!”

Night Light elbowed his wife again.

“Of course dear, Princess Celestia you should have hired us as foal sitters!”

Night Light face hoofed. Celestia began to chuckle and it became a laugh that echoed throughout the throne room.

“Perhaps you would have been better Foal sitters. You most certainly may have made better ones than my sister!”

A muffled yell came from behind the door that led to the back of the throne room. Behind the door were Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, and Princess Luna. They had come searching for Princess Celestia when they heard that she scheduled a meeting with Twilight’s parents.

Currently Rarity had placed a hoof into Princess Luna’s mouth to keep her from yelling and giving away their position. The fore mentioned Princess was also currently glaring at the fashionista.

Rarity finally removed her hoof and grimaced at the saliva that now coated it. She lightly shook her hoof to get some of it off and instead chose to rub it all over Princess Luna’s fur.

“Cease thy antics at once!” Luna whispered harshly.

“It was your saliva to begin with. If you didn’t have such a temper I wouldn’t have had to bother to muffle your screams, or do you want us to be found!” Rarity retorted.

“No! Thou couldst have wiped it somewhere else. Perhaps fair Rainbow Dash or Applejack! They seem to enjoy rubbing the disgusting liquid all over their hooves when they do this ‘brohoof’ thing; I have heard so much about.”

“Hey!” Rainbow and Applejack harshly whispered turning to look at the Princess.

“We speak the truth!”

“We don’t rub we clap, or smack, or I don’t know but we do not rub!” Rainbow Dash replied glaring at both Rarity and the Princess.

“Nonetheless it is still disgusting!” Rarity commented turning her nose up into the air.

“Guys, you better stop.” Pinkie Pie said seriously.

“Why? And keep your voice down!” Rarity hissed back.

“She’s right.” Spike said lifting up a claw.

“Ssh!” Princess Luna exclaimed very loudly.

“What are we whispering about?” Celestia whispered into Luna’s ear.

AAAAHHHHH!” Luna screamed teleporting up onto the chandelier and hanging upside down.

Celestia and the others soon burst out into laughter at the sight of Princess Luna looking like a scared cat. Twilight sensing the merry mood rolled on her back and giggled furiously.

“Well Princess Celestia it has been an honor and thank you for telling about our little Twilight, but we must get her settled back home,” Night Light said elbowing his wife who was making faces at the mentioned filly.

“Absolutely dear!” Twilight Velvet exclaimed levitating the filly onto her back.

As the pair of unicorns began to leave; Twilight realized that Celestia was not following and began to wail.

“TIA!”

Celestia looked as if she was about to cry, but she just closed her eyes and turned her head away from the filly. Twilight was not deterred and in a purple flash teleported in front of the Princess. She began to hug her leg and pleadingly looked up at Celestia.

Celestia mustered up the biggest glare she could and glared down at the filly.

“No, Twilight.”

Celestia wanted to immediately take back what she had said for Twilight began to tear up. A green magic enveloped the filly as Twilight Velvet attempted to pry the filly off.

Twilight tried once more to get Celestia’s attention as the Princess had now turned her back towards the filly. When her attempts failed she began to wail loudly and the crying could be heard all through out the castle as Twilight’s parents left to take her home.

All was silent in the throne room. Princess Luna now off of the ceiling could only stare at her sister’s back. Pinkie Pie’s hair was almost flat. Applejack and Rainbow Dash could only look in other directions.

“Of all the worst possible things! This! Is! The! Worst! Possible! THING!”

The white unicorn pulled out her fainting couch and dramatically fainted. No pony bothered to address Rarity and her problems as all eyes had turned towards Celestia. Her eyes were now open but the emotion in them made the others want to leave. Outside the sun seemed less bright and the weak rays glinted off the river of tears trailing down the side of Celestia’s face.

Princess Luna gradually and silently got the other ponies to leave. Spike attempted to stay and comfort the one who raised him, but a glare from Luna made him hop onto Applejack’s back quickly.

Twilight Velvet and Night Light began to break into a run the moment they left Canterlot. Twilight was on her mother’s back and was asleep. She had cried the entire way out of Canterlot and the trio was getting odd stares from passing ponies.

~A~

Once they were a good way into the mountains, green light enveloped Night Light and Twilight Velvet and revealed them to be changelings.

“Too easy!” The changeling that was previously Twilight Velvet exclaimed.

“Ssh! We must get this little pest back to the Queen as soon as possible!” the other one hissed. After dialogue both changelings began to buzz their wings, and headed towards the out-lands where their Queen was.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed! I also hope not to many errors that make it unbearable! Here is a little secret...five more chapters! Are you ready? Can you take it? I hope so! :3

~Chatterjoy