• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 14,652 Views, 223 Comments

To be Young Again - Chatterjoy



A spell goes horribly wrong and Princesses Celestia and Luna find that they now have to take care of a young alicorn filly Twilight!

  • ...
12
 223
 14,652

Chapter 1

The newly turned Princess was reading through books in one of the wings of the giant library that resided in the Canterlot Castle. After being turned into an Alicorn, it was hard to adjust, even though Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy gave her tips on flying whenever she prompted, the former usually giving advice and criticism whenever she wanted. Even so, just because she had been turned into an Alicorn didn't mean her habits changed, and she immediately began to read and digest information in the Library of the Canterlot castle.

One book caught her eye as Twilight passed a shelf. The binding was old and the book looked like if she just touched it, or stared at for too long, it would disintegrate into dust. She carefully pulled out the book with her magic and skimmed the pages. It was in an ancient language, and would take time for Twilight to decipher, but she was up to the challenge. She read over a passage and tried to make sense of what it said. Some of the words were so faded she had to squint hard to actually make them out.

Attempting to read what it said aloud, Twilight tried to read what seemed to be a spell. "Para ser joven otra vez, hacer retroceder el reloj a la infancia, volver al sentir la mano que tiende la madre." Twilight rubbed her eyes from squinting. "I wonder what that even me-"

A blinding flash erupted from Twilight and blared through the late afternoon sky. Princess Celestia looked up from the boring meeting she was in with a Minotaur delegate to see the light erupt from the library. In a bedroom the light broke through the window and Princess Luna woke up startled and fell onto the floor. "What in the heavens?" she sputtered, dazed.

Celestia, making a mental note to check up on Twilight, returned her attention back to the minotaur. "Your Highness, I think it would be of great interest to open this trade. It would really improve some lifestyles..." The minotaur stated, beginning to trail off.

Celestia took this momentary pause to kindly interrupt him, "I'm sorry sir, but it would be more costly for us to come to such an agreement. Perhaps tomorrow we can discuss something else, yes?" The minotaur sighed but nodded. It was getting late anyway. The hybrid creature packed up his delegation tools and exited the throne room, presumably heading towards the room he was staying at in the castle during his stay.

Luna rose the moon as her sister began to set the sun. Remembering to check up on Twilight, Celestia gracefully walked to the library to hear a large wailing noise. She quickly opened the door to see a young filly with wings and a horn and looking mysteriously like Twilight. The filly stopped crying for a short time to see who had come in. Almost immediately she began to wail again.

Walking up to the filly, Celestia noticed the opened book and a look of horror crossed her face, "Oh dear." Luna took that moment to come fluttering in.

"Tia I've been calling for thee and I wanted to ask if you had known what that light... flash...was...oh my." Luna glanced at the crying filly and looked at the spellbook. Using her magic, Luna brought the book up to her face. Twilight saw the spectacle and raised her forehooves in an attempt to catch it, only for her hooves to catch Celestia's extended one.

Luna set the book down after not finding what she sought, she looked at Tia, who was now trying to console the filly by nuzzling its face. "Sister, surely thou dost not think that this is Twilight Sparkle?" Celestia looked up after Twilight calmed down a little bit, tears still dripping down her face but no longer wailing.

"You know as well as I do that it is," Celestia sighed.

"The cure?" Luna asked as Celestia magically picked up the still teary eyed Twilight and set her comfortably on her back.

"A mother's hand, of course," Celestia replied.

Luna's face began to contort till she finally burst out laughing. "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Surely thou dost not think that thou art suitable to be a mother?" The force of the her laughing had caused Luna to fall onto her back and occasionally slap the floor with her hooves. The thought of Celestia being a mother was that priceless.

Celestia rolled her eyes, but Luna's outburst caused Twilight to begin crying again. Celestia's magic wrapped around the filly and began to rock her, and the foal soon fell asleep. "I am sure I can handle it, Luna," Celestia walked past her younger sister with a sleeping Twilight.

Finally able to control herself, Luna got one more question out. "How long?"

Her elder sister looked up and sighed. "I don't know, and in the meantime you can begin to search to see if there are any other cures to be used."

A guard came running up as fast as he could. "Your Highness we heard wailing! Is everything alright?" Celestia couldn't really answer that. No one was hurt per say, but everything was certainly not fine. The guard finally noticed something tiny and purple on the Princess' back. He made to say something, but Celestia beat him to it.

"Twilight miscast a spell and now she has been turned into a filly. I need you to alert the castle so that they may be aware of this, and to prepare proper food for her to eat," the Princess ordered. The guard refused to laugh, but it showed in his eyes. A stern look from the Princess told him that rather than trying to suppress his giggles, to get his orders done.

The guard quickly ran about the castle to alert the staff of the problem, and of the new Princess' condition.

Luna peeked her face out of the library, but contorted again as she fell back onto her back laughing. The Princess of the sun forced herself not to roll her eyes, but she allowed them to glance at the sleeping filly riding on her back who was now sucking her tail. "Back to work Luna."

Celestia made a slight groan as she realized she would soon have to feed this hungry filly.

Author's Note:

I'm afraid I'm not fluent in spanish and we all know how great google translate is but the spell is supposed to basically say, "To be young again, turn back the clock to childhood, back to a mother's tending hand."

I'm also afraid to say that I am not good at all with politics so if you can give any advice with the minotaur scene and maybe suggestions for more political scenes would be great!

Its short but I plan on updating often if anypony even liked it lol. Doesn't matter I'll update anyway.

First chapter so I hope you enjoyed!

EDIT: Okay this story was a little more popular than I first thought oh well. I tried to elongate it as much as I could think of. I added a guard because as I read it myself it didn't make any sense that this would just happen and the guards wouldn't say anything.