• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 2,853 Views, 233 Comments

My Life as a Hybrid - ChaosDoomscythe



I've lost too much. Now, I'm out for revenge. even if it costs me everything. I'm sorry Luna, but you wont stop me. Nothing will stop me. My name is Shadow Flare... and my wrath knows no bounds.

  • ...
104
 233
 2,853

Chapter ???-2: I'm Done!

My Life as a Hybrid
By: ChaosDoomscythe/Doomscythe01
Chapter ???-2: I’m Done!

Chazz sat down at his computer after a long day of work, placing his cup of milk next to him on his desktop. He pressed the power button to start it up and briefly took off his glasses to rub the bridge of his nose. He let out a sigh, before replacing his glasses and looking blankly at the screen while it booted up. He grabbed a nearby rubber band lying on his desk and tied his long blond hair in a ponytail on the back of his head before hearing the classic beeps and chimes of his computer saying it’s ready for use.

“Alright, let’s see if I’ve got any updates.”

He quickly typed in his password and the desktop screen popped up. He opened his favorite browser, the IT-Netz Chrome, and logged into his email.

“Huh. Let’s see….spam….spam… junk… message from Mom, better flag that one so I can come back to it later… Oh! That’ll work.”

He saw that one of the stories he was tracking, My Life as a Hybrid, had just updated. To him, it was an ok story by a first time author, but it showed some promise, so he gave it a chance to see how it would turn out. The only thing he didn’t like about it were the constant cliffhangers, but then again, not many people did like cliffhangers. Still, after checking through the rest of his emails, he found out it was the only thing that updated. He figured he’d go ahead and waste a few minutes reading and/or laughing to help take the stress of the day’s work off before he took a shower. He was about to click on it when a voice rang out behind him.

“Ah wouldn’t do that if ah was you.”

He quickly whirled around in his swivel chair to see who spoke, but there was no one there. Blue eyes scanned all over his room only to see nothing. There was no one there. He scratched his head as he looked around one last time before turning back towards his computer monitor.

“Great, job’s getting to me more than I thought. I’m starting to hear voices now. Can’t wait for that shower.”

As he was about to click the email again, the voice spoke once more. “Seriously, don’t click that. It’s a trap.”

Once again, he whirled around to see who spoke, but again, all he found was nothing. “Okay, seriously, what the hell?” this time, he got up and started looking in areas where someone could possibly hide in his room. There were in actuality, only two: the inside of his closet, which was empty aside from a laundry hamper and clean clothes hung up on hangers, and under his bed, which had nothing under it except his house slippers. He got up and looked back at the vacant room with his eyebrows furrowed slightly. “I know I’m not going crazy…”

He narrowed his eyes deciding on trying an experiment, he walked back over to his computer while keeping an eye on the room behind him. He lined up the mouse’s arrow with the email and looked back at the room.

Then he clicked it. Nothing happened.

He let out a sigh of relief, and placed his hand on his forehead, rubbing his temples as he closed his eyes. “I guess I was just too stressed out.”

“Nawt really.”

His eyes snapped open as he looked back at his bed. His eyes widened at what he saw. There was a donkey sitting on his bead.

A cartoonish looking donkey chewing on a sprig of wheat.

“But that was a trap.”

Chazz quickly whirled around to his laptop to see something he never thought he’s see in his life.

A massive blue eye took up the entirety of his screen.

“Wowie Zowie! This guy’s room looks so dull! We really need to spruce it up! Maybe add a little pink to it! That always makes me smile!”

The sounds of fumbling, and a crash followed the bubbly, hyperactive voice as Chazz fell backwards on his rump, scooting away from his computer until he slammed into his wall and knocked a picture down, where it crashed to the floor in a lout clatter. He stared wide eyed at the computer as the blue eye receded to show a pink mare with an incredibly unruly pink mane and a massive smile on her face. A little bit behind her stood a black Pegasus with a spiked back silver-white mane and teal dragon-slit eyes. Unlike the massive amounts of energy the pink mare seemed to be radiating, the black Pegasus looked absolutely exhausted, though he was glaring at the donkey still sitting on Chazz’s bed.

“Okay…. First off… Pinks… We are never doing this… ever again. *huff-cough-cough* I haven’t been this worn out in forever… geeze…”

As he continued huffing and panting, he turned his gaze towards the human outside the screen. Absentmindedly, Chazz could still see the entirety of his desktop behind the two ponies that currently existed in his screen, but he was more focused on the rather intimidating set of eyes looking right at him.

“Second… dude… sorry about the intrusion, but Pinkie and I have been trying to find and get him,” He pointed at the donkey still sitting on his bed chewing that wheat stalk, “For the better part of a week all over the internet. You aren’t the first person we’ve surprised like this, but I’m hoping you’ll be the last. So far, this has all sucked… a lot…”

And then the pegasus turned his attention back towards said donkey.

“And finally, can you please… PLEASE stop disappearing every time we find you? I’m friggin’ hungry! I wanna go back home already! Will you PLEASE come back to Equestria now? None of us belong here!”

The donkey sat in silence for a while, chewing the wheat stalk. The black pegasus waited patiently for his response. Chazz still sat on his floor watching with wide eyes. Pinkie was busy in the background looking through all of Chazz’s applications and folders on his computer.

“Oh, Wow! You got a lot of folders with ponies in it! He look! There’s one of Lyra and Bon Bon! And there’s Rainbow doing a Sonic Rainboom! And there’s Princess Celestia with a banana! Wait… What’s she doing with it? Bananas aren’t supposed to be eaten that way.”

“PINKIE! WHAT DID I TELL YOU!?”

“Oopsie! Sorry!”

“Okay.”

The black pegasus turned back to the donkey at his response.

“Ah just wanted to see what your world was lahk. It’s Ok, but it’s no Equestria.” The donkey then floated up off the bed and towards the screen, he simply fazed in to it and was in the same area that that the Black Pegasus and Pinkie presided in.

“Thank you. Now I can go home and eat.” He quickly turned back to Chazz, who was now staring at the screen in shock at what he just witnessed. “So, now that he’s coming back with us, I just wanted to let you know that the…” there was a flash of anger across his face for a brief moment, “author of my story is going to update it as soon as we get back to Equestia, so you’ll be getting another email pretty soon. Don’t worry, this one won’t be a trap. Oh and sorry, for… you know… scaring the crap out of you and everything. I-“ his stomach rumbled loudly. “…I’m just gonna go now.”

The Pegasus, the donkey, and Pinkie all turned and walked/bounced towards the email about the story update, and touched it. Immediately, they all disappeared.

After sitting where he was for several moments, Chazz slowly rose to his feet, and walked up to the screen. The email itself had disappeared. He just kept staring for several moments, before a new email popped up. It was an update for My Life as a Hybrid. Slowly, he moved the mouse over it, and clicked it.

Instead of it opening up to give him the link to the new chapter, however, Pinkie suddenly reappeared.

“Sorry! Forgot something! Need a souvenir!”

She quickly ran back over to a folder, reached in, pulled out the picture of Celestia with a banana, and pulled on the image until it was ripped in half. Instead of actually ripping, however, it had been copied. She placed the original back in the folder it came from before rolling up the copy and tossing it in the air. It landed in her mane, where it slowly sank into it until it was gone. Then, humming the tune to the cartoon she originates from, she bounced back to the email, and paused right before she touched it.

"Seriously, you need more pink in your room."

Then she touched it, and disappeared along with it, right as a new email popped up.

The new one was an update for My Life as a Hybrid.

Chazz slowly, very slowly, clicked on the new email, and dragged it to the junk bin, before he deleted it. Then he picked up his cup of milk, and drained it quickly, before grabbing a pile of clothes and making his way to the bathroom.






























“I think I’m done with ponies for a while.”

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! If anyone's wondering where this one came from in it's context, check out the comments from Chapter 11 between me and shred1894. Next Chapter coming out soon! Also, let me know if you guys like these fourth wall breaker chapters (the '???' chapters), i might do some more of them.

Please be sure to fave and like my story (and tell me why), or dislike it (and please tell me why). I'm open to constructive criticism, or just the general nice comment. Also, please point out any mistakes you may find.

Also, just thought i'd point out something here. I've got 83 faves on this story...
and only 67 likes.

There's something wrong with that.