• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 2,850 Views, 233 Comments

My Life as a Hybrid - ChaosDoomscythe



I've lost too much. Now, I'm out for revenge. even if it costs me everything. I'm sorry Luna, but you wont stop me. Nothing will stop me. My name is Shadow Flare... and my wrath knows no bounds.

  • ...
104
 233
 2,850

Chapter 10: Wait... You're my aunt?! SON OF A B-

My Life as a Hybrid
By: ChaosDoomscythe/Doomscythe01
Chapter 10: Wait… you’re my aunt?! SON OF A B-

“Man, Rad! Sounds like you caught a lucky break!”

“Tell me about it! I even still have our connection cut so she can’t find us. Moon knows what she’ll do to me if she does…”

Two equines walked side by side with each other through the dark forest path. One of the two was an all-black Pegasus pony with a spiked back silver and white mane in the shape of a Mohawk, with an equally spiky silver and white tail. His wings, which were larger than the average Pegasus, were folded against his sides. He even stood a little taller than his companion, being a larger pony overall. One odd feature about this pony were the fangs sticking out of his maw, even when they were closed, showing that he was not all pony. The other odd feature were his eyes. Aside from the fact that they looked like they belonged on a dragon due to the pupils looking like small slits, the color of each eye was also different. The left eye was blue while the right eye was green. Strangely, the black Pegasus lacked a cutie mark.

The black pony’s companion was also a Pegasus, this one somewhat smaller in comparison, but was of average size for his age. His coat was a vibrant royal blue color and he had a bright white colored mane and tail, both were scraggly looking, as though he never once saw a brush to either. This pony was rather odd, however, because though he had a bright smile on his face, his eyes spoke of another story. At one point, they had been a brilliant shade of ruby, but now they were milky, glossed over and faded. This pony was blinded, but he was by no means handicapped, and he could fly with the best of them. Unlike his black companion, this pony did indeed possess a cutie mark. Upon his flank was the image of two white wings stretched as far as they could with a golden halo sitting behind them.

As the two continued walking through the forest, the blue pony responded.

“I still can’t believe Shadow pranked you like that just because you ate his slice of cake!”

“DUDE! I don’t even see the problem! We share the same body! What does it matter if-“

The black pony’s somewhat deep voice suddenly cut itself off, as another, lighter toned voice suddennly sounded out from the same body.

“It’s the principle that matters! You weren’t supposed to be sneaking off while my half of our soul was asleep, and you definitely weren’t supposed to eat my slice of leftover b-day cake just because you needed a little midnight snack! You better be glad I don’t reactivate the link and let mom find us!”

“Oooooooh, BURN!”

“Shut up, Shy Shock!”

“I agree, I think I did just burn you, Rad. That also says a lot considering we’re fire proof.”

“Oh, for the love of-! I swear I am a horrible influence on you, Shadow…”

“Not really.”

“Yes, really. You would’ve never learned how to prank so good if I wasn’t for me. The fact that I didn’t even see it coming is what really makes me feel dumb though.”

“You know, now that I think about it… How didn’t you see that coming? You know I always get revenge on you when you do something like this, and it usually ends up in a week long prank war between us ‘till mom or dad get angry with us. What’s up? It’s not like you to forget stuff like that.”

“……If it’s all the same to you two, I’d really rather not talk about it.”

Despite the sullen look on n the black pony’s face, a smirk somehow worked its way onto his mouth.

“….You weren’t thinking about that changeling again, were you?"

“SHUT UP, SHADOW!"

“HA, YOU WERE! CALLED IT!”

“Ugh!” the black pony face-hoofed while simultaneously letting out chuckles. Soon though, both voices were chuckling, and shortly after, the blue pony joined them.

“Shadow Flare, Radiant Nova, you two are too much sometimes. Hey, either of you two wanna go into town and get some snacks? Maybe that’ll cheer you two up.”

Despite the fact that he couldn’t see them, he could still hear the black pony stop in his tracks. He could almost hear their mouth drop open, and imagined the drool running down their chin. As he kept walking forward, he suddenly heard wings flutter, before the soft clop of hooves landing next to him.

“You did that on purpose.”

Sky Shock smiled. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“You know I hate my sweet tooth, and then you go and tantalize me with thoughts of confectionary goodness!”

“I blame mom. She has a bigger sweet tooth than we do. I’m honestly surprised dad can hide any of his snack’s from her when she gets her cravings.”

“So, I take it that’s a yes to getting snacks then?” Silence greeted him for a few moments, before the black pony spoke again, in a grumble.

“Lead the way, Sky.”

“Hehe. Alright then! FOLLOW ME! Hup! Hup! Hup!” As the blue pony walked forward, the black one stopped with a smirk on his lips. After several moments, the blue pony realized he wasn’t being followed and stopped. He flared his wings out, and each feather twitched individually, before he suddenly turned back and glared at the black pony. “You could’ve told me I was walking in the wrong direction!”

“Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve.”

“To be fair, I did want to, but Rad made me agree not to as revenge for making us drool.”

“……fair enough.” The two both turned and made their way towards town, before Sky Shock suddenly stopped, and crouched into an aggressive position, his wings flaring wide, feathers twitching. The black pony’s eyes both turned green, and he too adapted a battle position, while simultaneously shedding his pony form for his hybrid form in a flash of black and green flames. Gone were the feathered wings, replaced by dragon-like wings of membrane. Fur vanished, and in its place chitin armor and scales appeared over his body, creating a nearly impenetrable defense. Holes appeared in each leg, three in a vertical line on each one. His fangs grew longer, and his teeth transformed from their flat shape to gem crushing dragon’s teeth. The slits in his eyes narrowed as they moved back and forth, tracing the forest around them. Both ponies stood back to back as they watched and listened to the sudden silence of the forest.

“Surrounded. How’d we not notice this,” growled out the hybrid.

“The better question is who is dumb enough to try attacking us when I’m a black belt, and you’re essentially a wild beast who’s strength is on par with a dragon? Whoever they are, I almost didn’t even feel their presence.”

“Odd, considering I can feel all of them, but up until a few moments ago, I couldn’t feel any of them… which can only mean one thing… <Shadow, open the link, get mom and dad here, now!>

<On it!>

And so, the hybrid and the pony stood poised to battle, waiting for something to happen. They didn’t have to wait long as the bushes and trees all around them began to suddenly shake and shift, the sounds of clicking, buzzing, and hissing filled the air as black chitinous creatures walked out from the underbrush, flew into the sky, and even walked down the trees. They completely surrounded the two of them, and looked poised to pounce if they even so much as hinted at trying to run away.

There were at least fifty changelings surrounding them, and despite the two of them being expert fighters, they were only twelve years old, while each of the changeling were all adult sized, and would likely put up a very good fight even before they went down.

They had little hope of escaping.

That said, they were still gonna go out swinging.

“Well… Who’s gonna make the first move?”

“Or are you all going to stand there and stare at us all day?”

Low chuckles sounded out at that, before all of the drones opened their mouths and the same voice echoed throughout all of them. “Such bravado for two cornered rats. Rest assured, though, as long as you do as I say, no harm will come to you.”

Despite the voice coming from all around them, the black pony’s ears twitched, before he mumbled, “That voice…why does it sound familiar?”

“You know who that is?”

“Maybe… but…”

<Radiant, they’re on the way!>

<Hope they hurry… something tells me something really bad is about to happen.> “Show yourself, changeling queen!

All of the changelings suddenly started chuckling before they resumed their clicking and hissing. In front of the hybrid, a group of changeling moved, parting away from each other, as a tall changeling queen walked out in all her glory. Almost instantly, the hybrid’s head shot up, his ear pointing up in shock at the changeling walking towards him. He then crouched very low to the ground and narrowed his eyes as he growled out the name of the queen. “Chrysalis.”

“Hm? I’m honestly surprised you know who I am, but then again, I happen to know all about you, Shadow Flare," Stated the queen as she continued her casual approach. The pony she addressed snorted, as black and green flames shot out of his nose. She stopped right in front of him, but neither made a move to attack the other. She did, however, lower hear head right next to his ear, where she whispered into it with a knowing smirk. “Oh, I’m sorry. Radiant is the one in control right now… isn’t that right, child?”

Despite the shock he felt on the inside, he did nothing more than growl in response. She chuckled before raising her head, as she began casually trotting around the both of them. “Oh yes. I know about you. You are the reason I’m here after all. My sister told me much about you, so much so that I became intrigued.” As she continued to saunter around them, her tail flicked out and snapped Sky Shock in the muzzle. He recoiled slightly, before snapping at her tail with his teeth just as she moved it out of the way, chuckling.

“You’re here for me… why?” As she walked past the hybrid again, he looked at her in detail. Her long slender black legs, despite having holes in them, were still rather attractive. Her shiny chitin armor reflected the sunlight, and her wings actually looked appealing to him. Her mane and tail were a sickly shade of green, but despite that, it worked well for her appearance. And her eyes, somehow he was drawn to them, even as she looked back at him with obvious devious intent.

Unfortunately, being at the age of twelve, his puberty started kicking in, and upon seeing what the changeling portion of his brain recognizes as a powerful and appealing female, he couldn’t help the next few words that came out of his mouth.

“Damn, that’s sexy.”

Every creature in the clearing suddenly froze after hearing that. The hybrid clamped a hoof to his mouth in shock at his own words, as Sky Shock turned his head around to look at his friend with a stunned look on his unseeing eyes. Even Chrysalis was stunned at this admission.

“Hm… Not something I expected to hear from my nephew, but I’ll take the compliment.”

And then the hybrid’s eyes widened even further than they already had to the point where they looked like they would pop out of his head. “Wait… You’re my aunt?!” and then two thought ran through his head. The first one was that he realized Chrysalis was his aunt. His eye twitched. “SON OF A B-“ And then he realized what he said. “OH, SOLAR SHIT! EW! EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEW! NO! NO! OH DEAR CREATOR, WHY! WHY DID I SAY THAT?! WHERE’S THE BRAIN BLEACH?”

Sky Shock turned back around and shook his head. “You’re too much, Rad. Too much.”

“SHUT. UP. SKY. SHOCK. We will never speak of this again…”

Chrysalis had been stunned by the little triad, but coughed and quickly regained her composure. “Yes, well… My sister told me much about you. Dear Silent Shade even told me about your problems with your anger.”

The hybrid raised his head from the ground, and quickly spit out the dirt he was eating in an effort to clean his mouth. “PTOO! Yea, that’s nice and all -ptoo- But you know what, I really can’t say I much care anymore. So I’m just gonna go and try to forget any of this ever happened. Have a good day…” he couldn’t help the shudder that wracked his system before the next word left his mouth, “Aunty…. Ugh. I feel disgusted just saying that now. Come on, Sky, let’s go.”

“Radiant! Look out!”

He turned just in time to dodge a changeling that flew at him, but didn’t see another one coming in from behind. It tackled him to the ground, but he quickly, flung it off of him with a well-aimed hoof to the face. He never got the chance to get up before five more pinned him to the ground, with ten more standing around waiting on him to try to get free. He looked up to see Sky Shock in a similar position, pinned to the ground with Changelings surrounding him. However, Littered around Sky Shock were six unconscious lings laying haphazardly on the ground. As Radiant began struggling to get free, he yelled out to his friend.

“Hey! Sky! Quit showing off!”

“Maybe you should-ugh- do better, then!”

The queen chuckled at their antics, deriving amusement from their banter, despite the situation they were in. She walked up to the hybrid child once again and looked down upon him, that smirk never leaving her face. Just as Radiant got the idea to burn the changelings off of him, the queen convinced him to keep his flames to himself.

“Ah-ah-ah! I wouldn’t do that if I were you, child. I know how much you abhor harming your family, Radiant. These changelings are my brood, after all. That makes them your cousins. Well, most of them, anyway. Others are changelings I forced into my hive mind.”

“Forced into… How could you rip away their free will like that?!”

“I wouldn’t worry about that, right now. After all…” She leaned her head down until her face was mere inches from his and stared into his eyes. “I’m here for you.”

The hybrid’s eyes widened as he realized what that meant. He began his struggles anew. “No –ugh- NO! You won’t take me too! Let me go! *SNARL*”

She merely chuckled at the futility of his efforts. “Hmhmhmhmhm. Yes, I have plans for you. The rest of Equestria doesn’t even know our kind exists. I plan to change that. Soon, I will invade their love soaked nation and take control, where we will harvest the ponies of their love and become the strongest creatures in Equestria! And you, little hybrid, are key to that plan. Please, do resist as long as you can, though. I do enjoy watching my victims struggle.”

With that, the queen’s eyes and horn all began glowing a sickly green color, the power behind it exceptional, before her aura extended from her horn and encompassed his head. Almost immediately, both souls felt pressure on their minds as thousands upon thousands of minds began assaulting them. The noise was deafening. They were all chanting the same thing: Join the hive, serve your Queen over and over again. As her spell began to take hold, their own screams and struggles began to fade away, their strength, their will being drained from them.

“GET AWAY FROM HIM!”

A flash of blue, and the queen’s spell was interrupted as she was tackled to the ground, hooves and wings flying around in a flurry of strikes. Sky Shock attacked her with a fury the hybrid had never seen before, though, he wasn’t paying much attention. He was still lying pinned under the other changelings, a sickly green glow encompassing both eyes that left them in a daze. Sky Shock fought to protect them with everything he had, even as other changeling approached to get him off their queen, many of them were still blown aside by his lightning fast precision strikes before the queen herself got fed up with him.

In a flash of green, Sky Shock was repelled and sent flying, slamming into a tree and rendering him unconscious before he hit the ground. The queen quickly rose to her hooves and glared at the pony, wiping her mouth with her hoof. She noticed a blood stain, and scowled, but then looked appraisingly at the young pony. “He must hold a lot of love for is friend if he was able to fend off so many of my changelings and manage to attack me.” Then she smiled that evil smile of hers. “More than enough love to at least feed some of them. Go ahead my children, you may feast upon him.”

They let out a cheer as several of them began approaching the unconscious pony. Chrysalis turned back to the still downed hybrid and began approaching him again, her eyes and horn already alight to finish the spell. “Now then, where were we, little colt?”

GET AWAY FROM MY SONS!

The exclamation was followed by a roar and a torrent of silver flames shooting down from the sky. Chrysalis’ wings shot open and buzzed to life, as she quickly flew away from the child, her changelings trying to do the same. Unfortunately, the drones didn’t escape in time, as they and the hybrid colt were engulfed and set aflame. They didn’t even have the chance to scream in pain before they were turned to ash, though shadow and Radiant remained unharmed. A massive Silver dragon landed on the ground, crouching above the fallen child as another hybrid flew off his back and landed in front of the boy. The silver flames died out, and she immediately picked him up into her embrace, staring at his eyes. They were glossed over, but he still turned them enough to notice her presence, and he spoke slowly to her, even that being a struggle to do.

“Hey… 'bout… time…”

“Don’t sass me boy. Mind your manners.” She then turned her fiery gaze towards her sister. “Why sister? Why would you do this? He’s your family! You promised me you would never hurt him!” She then noticed the group of changelings trying to carry a blue pony away silently. Her eyes glowed fiercely as she bellowed “DROP HIM!” those changelings turned towards her, just in time to catch several telekinetic blasts that sent them flying. The blue pony was caught in the same black and green aura and brought over to her. He was set down next to her, where she quickly made sure he was alright before turning back to her sister, who stared back with a blank stare.

The silver dragon above her growled low and deep, “My wife asked you a question. You would do well to answer her.”

The queen scoffed at him. “Oh be quiet, you big oaf.”

HOW DARE YOU-

“Hon, please shut up. The mares are talking.”

The massive dragon grumbled out a low response as Shade looked her sister in the eye. Chrysalis sighed. “I didn’t hurt him. I was going to integrate him into my hive mind and use him to conquer Equestria. It’s not often you find a changeling that can produce its own love after all. He could single handedly empower my entire hive and keep us fed for years. I had no intention of hurting him, though, he’s family after all. Besides, after I solidified my new rule, I planned on releasing him back into your care, sister.”

“And you think that would have made up for taking my child from me for your own selfish gain?” Even as she spoke, her eyes continued glowing as the spell Chrysalis had used on the colt -which she realized had traces of soul magic in it- was slowly being undone. “Why are you so bent on taking over Equestria anyway?! You know that isn’t what Mom wanted for us!”

“Mom wanted us to be happy. I simply see this as a means to an end.” She looked down at the colt, before looking back at her sister’s face. Despite the glow in them, Chrysalis could still see the hurt there. The hurt from her betrayal. She sighed again and turned to address her brood. “We’re leaving.” The changelings immediately started disappearing into the surrounding forest. Chrysalis turned around and started walking away, just as Shade managed to wipe away the remainders of the spell. Radiant sat up and looked at the retreating Changeling, and was about to say something, when he caught sight of her swaying hips as she walked away. Once again, the words flew out of his mouth before his brain could stop him.

“Still sexy.”

Three heads turned towards him, even as his hoof slammed into his mouth, this time nearly breaking one of his fangs. “DAMMIT! STUPID HOROMONES!” He sighed and rubbed his head. Then looked his aunt in the eye. “Ignore what I said, I have a new opinion of you, Aunt Chrissy.”

The queen raised a brow “Oh? And what would-“

“You’re a complete and total bitch-“ “Language young man!” “-And if I ever see you again it will be too soon.”

Chrysalis reared her head back and laughed out loud, before turning back to the hybrid. “Trust me, child. You and I will see each other again. Sooner than you think.” With that, the queen left them.

The massive silver dragon suddenly shrunk in size until he was just bigger than his wife. He looked down at his son and asked, “Are you both alright?”

Their child looked up at him and he watched as the left eye turned from green to blue, and both voices rang out “Yeah, we’re alright.”

The boy then turned to his mother, and leveled her with a look. “We need to talk.”

She leveled the mother look at him and replied with, “Yes we do. What happened to my stash of snacks?”

The hybrid's eyes widened as the previously unconscious pegasus chuckled. “Busted.”

SHUT UP, SKY SHOCK!

Author's Note:

YAY! NEW CHAPTER!

So, yeah, hope you guys enjoy this one. Also, there were a couple of edits done in chapter five, slightly changed some description so they'd fit the story better. They're minor, but if you feel like it, feel free to go back and read it to find the changes.

As always, please point out any mistakes you find in case I missed them. Thanks for reading.