• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 1,934 Views, 14 Comments

Princess Fluttershy - AJs Favourite cousin



Fluttershy never knew her parents but when she gets a letter a letter saying she's a princess and her mother was Celestia she has to keep in hiding but its not easy when war is around the corner.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,934

Chapter 5

My surprise of Twilight teaching probably showed on my face. Because she then said:
" Yes Fluttershy I am going to teach you but only if you promise not to step in the library" she said. 'Ha! I knew there is probably a mind reading spell or a spell that makes me hear all the whispering from five miles or I don't know something that could help me out'.

"I promise" I said, but secretly crossed my hooves so it didn't count.

"Follow me" she said we went down a polished marble hallway. There were many places to turn but Twilight never changed the direction. Then after a long time of walking we reached a dead end.

"Um, Twilight did we miss a turn or.." I said but was cut off by a loud rumbling.I looked and saw that the wall was moving sideways making a path to a garden. We went outside.

It was a green field.

"It's beautiful isn't it? Celestia and me had our very first lessons here and now it's your turn. As you can see every plant is something that will help us in our studies. But as you can see there are no plants. Today I brought a big bag with magic seeds that can bend to your will once and whatever seeds they produce are normal.
When you plant one imagine what it will look like. Observe." she took one seed and planted it and it started to grow and in seconds I saw what Twilight imagined. It was a a huge flower that was so big and fluffy it looked like the worlds comfiest chair. And said"Your turn" and handed me a seed. I dug a hole planted it. And imagined a bed that was one huge and soft flower. But to my surprise it was all wrinkly.
"When your picture in mind gets fuzzy it does turn out like that" she laughed. 'Eh, well wrinkly or not it's still worlds comfiest bed' and I settled down on it.

"So our first lesson today - levitation" she said . So she taught me how to angle my horn, how much amount of magic I needed to let go, how to picture things with my mind and so on and so on. 'And here I thought you swished your horn and you do it. Ha! Now I know why Twilight studies so much'. We practiced that until I could do it in my sleep.

I saw a seed come from my bed and I took it. I secretly planted it when Twilight was telling me how once on accident she levitated a waterfall not that that wasn't cool or something but who could listen on an empty stomach. I imagined a big bush that grew cookies with vanilla icing on them and a tiny strawberries on the top. And Voala! It worked without a wrinkle. Twilight looked at me surprised.

"Sorry all the magic making has got me hungry" I apologized while munching on my cookie that came from the bush. And after my cookie I imagined a huge strawberry grow on that bush. And it did. I ate it.'Duh'. And when I looked at Twilight she was looking at me open mouthed. "What's the matter Twilight" I asked in between bites.

"Where did you get that seed?" she said, her voice full of wonder.

"The bed"

" Imagine the bush turn in to a Tree as wide as my hoof but as tall an apple." she said. 'Ok, I'll try'. I imagined it and there it was the tree. And it was growing apples even though it was as big as one itself. And Twilight opened her mouth like a fish once more.

"Ok Twi, your starting to scare me" I told her and she was starting to scare me.

"Did you remember what I told you before the lesson about my seeds?" she said. I thought hard then nodded.

"Nopony can make the plants change " she said. 'Well nopony can make crystals grow from the common pebble like Candace. Wait! But that is her talent!

"Hey maybe that's my talent!" I said excitedly. And all of a sudden my eyes glowed white. And was in the air without flapping my wings. I had a white aura glowing and swirling around my body. My wings opened up by themselves and I was in a standing position. A circle that glowed around the place where I last stepped with a glowing leaf in the center.

I was set back down. And all the strange glowing went away. I looked at Twilight. She was rushing to me and gave me a big warm hug.

"I'm so happy for you! You got your eternal cutie mark!" she said I looked back and discovered she was right. On my flank there was a fresh green leaf with a golden glow around it.'Awesome'.

I imagined my cutiemark and the tree of many apples changed shape in to glowing leaf sticking in the ground I touched it and saw the moment I transformed as if I was watching myself on screen.

"We should tell Celestia she'll be so happy for you to think that her only.." said Twilight cutting herself.'Her only what?'. "Anyway come on Flutter we've got to tell her the news". We ran all the way to the thrown room where Celestia was looking worried and deep in thought. When we came her face lit up.

"What are you fillies so excited about?"she said with a big and almost motherly smile.

"I've got my cutie mark!" I said like filly who just heard Christmas was coming early. And I showed my flank to her. "I can shape-shift plants!".

"Well care to tell me how it happened" she said.

"Twilight can I please have a seed?" I asked and she nodded in understanding what I was about to do. Celestia however looked confused. I took the seed and imagined my cutiemark. And there it was in my hand. And I told Celestia "Touch it". She complied and touched it in her eyes I could see the reflection of a the moment, my moment.

"Wow I didn't know that could happen"she said. 'Of course Tia, you can't touch the sunrise'.

"Can you change it in a living creature?" she asked now she looked like a curious child.

"I can try" I said "I haven't tried that before. I just was so excited that I haven't figured out the details". I imagined a bluejay. And to my amazement I did it only instead of feathers and beak it was made out of an assortment of plants. The eyes - wild blue berries, blue feathers - blue petals, the red beak - a sliced pepper and so on. It started flying around the room and I was afraid it would damage something so I turned it into a golden flower. But as soon as I did a golden shield was around me.

"So that was how you got that flower on the shore" said Celestia with amazement.

"But I didn't imagine it, Tia" I said. 'But if I did and Celestia couldn't get passed it..and they told me Tia, Luna and Twilight barely overpowered my shield that means I'm way stronger than even Celestia'.'Wow I must be pretty powerful then'.

"I know but your connected to nature and even if you didn't imagine it all you wanted then was to be safe so nature protected you and now we know why your past talent was being good with critters. Because you can make them out of plants and your formal talent never completely leaves you." she explained.'Well that makes sense'. "Now I believe you would like to practice your talent for the rest of your day" she said. I nodded - perfect opportunity to sneak to the library.

I went to my room. Sat on my bed and tried to make the perfect plan. 'I could make an invisible suit, but I don't know if such a plant exists'.'I could make an underground passage, but the floor above it would probably crash down on it'.'I could make an amulet that will make me invisible or at least warn me when anypony comes'. But if I'm going at all I need a seed or a plant.

I went around the castle looking for an alive plant or a mere seed. I explored the first floor met a lot of ponies and I asked around but no one did. I explored the second floor asked around but no one had any not even a fruit for later.'In Ponyville anyone would have at least something I could use. And At the third floor I saw a guard munching on an apple.

"Do you mind giving me an apple seed?" I asked hoping he'd say yes.

"I'm mighty sorry princess Fluttershy, Princess Celestia banned all seeds and plants till further notice from the castle and if we see a plant or see we put it in the storage room. " he said. 'What! so Tia was just playing with me when she said she gave me a day off to practice my talent skills'.

"Well where is this storage room?" I said hoping to go around the rule. But the guard just shook is head and went up the stairs with the seed.'I have an idea'. I smirked mischievously. And imagined the apple seed growing legs and running away. When it did that the guards mouth opened in surprise. And the seed came my way. Then I imagined it without legs. And the seed was back to normal again. I put it in my bag and trotted up to my room happily.'Beat that Tia'. In my room I turned my seed in to a dandelion to make lots more and each seed I turned into a dandelions and each seed of those dandelions and so forth until my bag was full with millions of them. So I took one tiny seed from my bag and turned it to a piece of paper that was actually a big clear green leaf. I took another tiny seed and made into a pen - the ink was blackberry juice. And wrote:

Dear Tia,

Why did you ban plants from the castle when that's what you gave me a break for to practice and explore the possibilities?

Your fellow princess,

Fluttershy

'There,'. And I picked up a different seed and turned it in to a envelop with legs. I wrote the address on it and watched it scurry away.

Author's Note:

Hey! I know that every time I publish a chapter it's 6 days early, but who's complaining? Hoped you liked the chapter!

Comments ( 6 )

2946140 I know and I'm super sorry, but if she''s herself the story won't be going anywhere.:applecry:2946140

reading the fic, i am curious as to what the secret is but the whole perspective of fluttershy seems a bit off to me. But over all it is a good read.

"'We should tell Celestia she'll be so happy for you to think that her only..' said Twilight .
First, you forgot 'off'. It should read "...said Twilight cutting herself OFF."
Second, Fluttershy is Celestia's daughter!

It is a very creative story. But I feel you don't really understand the real Fluttershy that much.
Sure, she's a bit of a pushover and yeah, it gets me smiling to know she's changing her ways a bit.
But try to also focus that her whole life, animals were likely her only friends before the crew came along. To see her kick them out is kind of heartbreaking because she would never do that.:fluttercry:
Also I think you should try to fix up your writing. Get to know your own characters too so you won't be stumped at choosing how they look.

I'm not saying it's bad but it's needs some work.
I'll still be reading though so yeah.
~NoNN

again could not be more obvious if you waved a signs saying who fluttershys mother is.:ajbemused:

Nice!I hope it will update soon.

Login or register to comment