• Published 6th May 2013
  • 387 Views, 2 Comments

Revelations: A dragon's tale - jimbrony



The story of a Dragon and how Equestria and its inhabitants came to be.

  • ...
 2
 387

Chapter Five

Five years had past since Black Hoof had passed away. Black Claw and the rest of the tribe were just north of the hayseed swamps. The black dragon had wandered away from the tribe and was resting in the sand on a nearby beach overlooking the ocean.

Black Claw had always wondered what lay beyond the ocean, or if anything actually did. He started to walk down the beach, enjoying the feel of the sand under his feet. He started to head back towards the tribe and gave the ocean one final look.

Something caught his eye. It was very far off in the ocean, but Black Claw’s dragon eyes could just barely make out what it was. It was a ship. The dragon, however, had never seen a ship before in his life. It had three big sails pushing it towards the shores of the mainland. Black Claw looked closer and he found that there were more ships behind the first one, six in all.

Black Claw just stood there, dumbfounded, not really knowing what he was looking at. Soon enough the ships got fairly close to shore and he heard someone from atop the ship yell something. All of the sudden winged beasts came out of a couple of the ships behind the lead one and charged towards Black Claw.

Black Claw stood there, wondering what these creatures were doing. They had four legs with hooves at the bottom of them like the bison, but were much less hairy and a lot smaller. These particular ones had wings and some type of metal covering their heads. They were holding sticks with sharp edges at the end of them and were pointing them right at Black Claw.

They surrounded Black Claw and landed. They still had their weapons pointed at him, looking menacing with their wings splayed out on their backs. One of them started to talk to Black Claw. Black Claw couldn’t understand a word of it. “I can’t understand you.” He said. The winged beasts tensed up when they heard the dragon talk.

The one that had talked started again. Black Claw just shrugged and let the creature keep on talking. Finally the first ship touched shore and the creature talking tried to grab Black Claw by his wrist. Black Claw yanked his hand away and bared his teeth. The weapons were pointing into him instantly. The creature started yelling loudly at Black Claw rearing up its back legs while in the air, acting like it was getting ready to buck him right in the face.

A feminine sounding voice was heard from the first ship. A ramp somehow extended its way to the ground from the ship and a similar creature with a horn on its head appeared. The creature was pure white and had a purple mane with what looked to be a horn sticking out of the middle of its head. It walked down the stairs with what appeared to be a very small version itself, only this one had a black coat and a green mane instead of purple and white.

It walked up to Black Claw with the smaller creature following behind it shyly. It finally got close to the dragon and started to say harsh sounding words towards the winged creature that had been about to strike him. The creature looked towards the dragon with happiness in its eyes, saying kind sounding words towards him.

Black Claw started to walk away, back towards the tribe. The white horned creature trailed behind him. He didn’t exactly mind, it would save him the trouble of explaining to Timber what was going on.

He finally made it to camp, finding Timber and explained to him what he had witnessed unfold. Timber saw the horned creature behind Black Claw and said quietly, “It looks like the creature that had showed up the night I found you. It looks much shorter though and has no wings.” Black Claw looked back at the creature, who was smiling at him, with a hope that this creature might know where he came from.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Months passed and the bison tribe learned much about their new friends. It turns out these creatures were called ponies, and were divided up into three tribes: The earth ponies who gathered food, the pegasi who controlled the weather, and the unicorns who used their magic to raise the sun and the moon. The three tribes had been fighting with each other until recently. It turns out the creature talking to Black Claw had been a unicorn and was named Queen Platinum.

Apparently she had been a princess before she and her new friends had found this land and had set aside their differences to make peace. Her father, the unicorn king, had stepped down, deciding it was time for his daughter to rule.

The bison tribe and the rest of the ponies were getting along swimmingly. The bison had started to learn the language their new friends spoke, and the ponies had given the bison many peace offerings like food and clothing.

Black Claw was intrigued by Queen Platinum. She was visiting Black Claw with what he had discovered to be her daughter. They were inside a teepee, him sitting cross legged and the two unicorns laying down. He had never seen magic before and it amazed him. “Can all unicorns do magic like you?” he asked. Queen Platinum giggled and said, “Why yes, but my magic isn’t all that special. If you want to see some powerful magic, then you need to go see Starswhirl the bearded.”

Black Claw made a mental note to visit this Starswhirl sometime. “How did you end up way out here? All the dragons I’ve ever seen have always been guarding their hordes in mountains and are usually very hostile. Why aren’t you?” Platinum asked. “My chief, Timber Hoof found me when I was an egg. He said a dragon about the size of two bison gave me to him and a pony like you tried to stop him.”

“Hmmm,” Platinum asked, “What did this pony look like?” “Very tall for your kind apparently. It had a long horn, wings and was a lavender color. It’s ‘cutie mark’ was a big star surrounded by five smaller stars.”

Queen Platinum blinked a couple times and started laughing, “Why I’ve never heard of such a thing. A giant pony with both a horn and wings! HA! I don’t think one’s ever been so gifted, I’m sure Timber was just seeing things.”

Black Claw gave her a disapproving look and Platinum cleared her throat continuing, “I’m terribly sorry, you caught me off guard there. Anyway, the dragon you described couldn’t be anything more than a teenager by dragon standards and probably didn’t even have their own clutch yet.”

This information made Black Claw forget about her doubtfulness towards Timber and asked, “What do you mean ‘teenager’? I’m not done growing?” Platinum looked dumfounded. “You poor dear. You truly don’t know anything about your heritage, do you? No you’re not done growing by a long shot. I’ve seen some dragons get as large as mountains, and they live can for thousands of years.”

Black Claw looked down at the ground at this. He didn’t want to grow to be that big, he was already starting to feel awkward with his height now. His life expectancy hurt far worse though. He had already seen enough of his friends die, and with that long of a lifespan he would see a lot more.

“I see I’ve gave you information to chew on. I think it’s time that we go.”
She got up from where she was lying and began out the tent, she turned to her daughter who had drifted off to sleep and said, “Come Chrysalis, it’s time to go.” The little filly woke up and groggily got to her hooves, following her mother, and out they went.