• Published 10th May 2013
  • 6,185 Views, 254 Comments

Stitching it Together - ThunderChaserCreate



By popular demand, a sequel to 'Snip by Snip.'

  • ...
35
 254
 6,185

The Coming Apocalypse

Pinkie pulled me to my hooves, "Are you okay?" she asked, much more sincerely and and softly than her normal voice.

I smeared my hoof across my face, attempting to wipe away the tears, "Mm-hm," I took a shaky breath, "Umm... I think we need to check on Rainbow. Whatever she's doing, it's probably reckless and unecessary."

"I don't know, Rarity," Pinkie mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you don't exactly have things under control here! He just bit your little sister, and Celestia knows who's next!" Pinkie ranted.

I sighed, "Well, maybe so, but we still don't need the whole town trying to relocate. We'll keep this secret for as long as possible," I explained.

"Okay, Rarity," Pinkie said, a warning tone creeping into her voice, though it had returned to it's normal volume, "But remember-- this is your problem. Don't expect everypony else to pick up the pieces for you."

I followed her out the door, as she seemed to catch a glimpse of Rainbow down the street. She bounced after her, cheerfulness never dampened.

I trotted after the pink mare, trying to keep up with her ridiculous hopping. Under normal circumstances, I would've gone straight to Twilight. However, she was pretty angry. I mean, I suppose I understand. Spike was like a brother to her, and I had acted as though he only mattered to me.

Maybe it was wrong to bring him back. Maybe it was rash for me to up and decide to do such a thing, especially alone and in secret. But I still think Twilight should've given me a little more... I don't know, credit? Thanks?

"RAINBOW, WAIT UP!" I was jostled out of my contemplation by Pinkie Pie, who shouted after the flash of Rainbow's flank.

I brought my pace up to a hurried canter, trying to keep the same speed as Pinkie.

I saw the silhouette of Rainbow skid to a stop and turn to face us. She then seemed to change her mind and continued down the road.

"She must be going to Applejack's! I don't know anypony else this far from the rest of the town."

"Oh, no," I murmured. I knew for a fact that Rainbow relied on Applejack for tomcolt-related things. That could only mean one thing-- Rainbow was trying to build an army.

I was all-out galloping now, my mane blowing behind me like silky purple wave. Pinkie's, no matter how fast she was moving, barely ever came out of it's original shape.

I saw Rainbow take off, gliding down the last stretch of paved road to Applejack's barn. She landed just past the fence, Pinkie and I leaping over it in quick succession.

"Fine!" Rainbow stopped, "You got me! Rarity, you're not taking control. This is an all-out disaster! All of Ponyville is in danger, and you just wanna ignore it? Well I've had enough!" Rainbow, going much down the same path as Twilight, trotted off toward the barn, calling for Applejack.

I turned and stared to walk away.

"Huh? That's it? Aren't you gonna tell her how you can fix this with your love?"

I was about to scream at her, tell her that it was done, that Spike would be dead by morning, when something clicked, "Wait a minute..." my eyes lit up.

"What?"

"Pinkie, you're a genius!"

"I am?"

"Yes! How did I bring Spike back in the first place? I mean, just sewing him back up is ridiculous, he needed life. And how, may I ask, did he get that life?"

"Ummm...." Pinkie looked confused, "Wha?"

"No, no, listen: what if the power of love had the same power that friendship had?"

Pinkie said nothing, and just stared at me, her mouth gaping.

"Well, look how many things we've done with friendship! We saved Equestria innumerable times, we've healed old feuds, we've brought an entire kingdom back from the dead! So who says I couldn't do the same to one little dragon?"

"I think that there's the problem," I whirled about to see Applejack and rainbow standing right behind me.

"How long have you been--"

"You only gave Spike enough love for the little dragon. Now he's a big one, and he's runnin' outta love. As soon as he got all big and scary, ya gave him less love. Then, last night, for whatever reason, he got a little extra love. And that's when he attacked yer sis. 'Cause the instincts took over, and now he's somethin' he wasn't ever s'posed to be."

"Do you really think that's true?" I murmured, after a few minutes of contemplation.

"Ah know it's true. 'Cause yer right. I was readin' up on it, and I found a book on Hearts 'n' Hooves day. It said that love had brought back a lover--"

"That's right! the legend!" I remembered when I had looked up the story with Twilight, "But... Well, Applejack, it's just a story."

"Yeah, well try tellin' that to my Granny Smith. She has a journal from her great-great-great uncle. He was one of the guards at the tomb the stallion was buried in. She knows it's true. So why can't you get it through yer thick skull that this is real! It's happening now! It's your fault, and that makes it yer responsibility!"

"I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYPONY TELLING ME THAT THIS IS MY FAULT!" I shrieked, loud enough for the whole town to hear. Even Pinkie covered her ears, "All I want you to do is to help me. Because I need you all if I'm going to make it through this."