• Published 10th May 2013
  • 6,172 Views, 254 Comments

Stitching it Together - ThunderChaserCreate



By popular demand, a sequel to 'Snip by Snip.'

  • ...
35
 254
 6,172

Research

"And then... I don't know, he just... sprouted wings," I finished the story, still slightly hesitant about the whole thing, and maybe a bit remorseful.

"Did you see it happen?"

"No, I was in the next room," I explained, "So... what do you think?"

"What do I think about what?"

I turned to look at Spike, who was struggling to get a good look at his wings, "About Spike! What do you think happened to him?"

"I honestly don't know, Rarity."

I groaned, my head drooping, forelock falling in front of my eyes.

"But-- that's not important right now. Right now, I want to talk about what you did to Spike!"

"Oh," I shrank away from Twilight's cruel tones.

"What were you thinking? I missed Spike just as much as you did! I didn't grave rob for it! He was dead, and that was meant to be that! It's natural!"

Spike stood at the sound of 'dead,' and walked right up to Twilight, looking her right in the eye, "Are you saying that you, even though you could have done something, just ignored me?"

"Well... " Twilight's voice wavered a bit.

"You're a princess, Twilight! Is this what you're going to do when one of your other friends dies? Just ignore it?" Spike started to wander around the room, and eventually fell into the pacing pattern that Twilight often took, "I was like a brother to you, Twilight! How could you just cast me off!"

Twilight's face fell in guilt, as I looked at her, wondering if it was, in fact true: that when one of us died, she would leave it be. Maybe she would call it 'natural' and be done with it. By that time, she probably would have gotten some new, young friends that she would rather be with.

I shook my head to clear it, trying to focus on the here and now.

"I WILL NEVER ABANDON MY FRIENDS!" Twilight exploded, running up to Spike and holding him tightly by the shoulders, "It's not my fault. I'm not allowed to perform age spells. It's against royal law to interfere in the natural order."

Spike visibly gulped, shrinking away from Twilight. She sighed, letting her hooves slide off Spike's shoulders, then turned to me, "You know," she said, "maybe you did make the right choice."

~~~~~

"Okay, this book says," Twilight cleared her throat, reading a quote from a dusty old book, "The term undead describes beings in mythology, legend or fiction that are deceased yet behave as if alive. A common example is a corpse re-animated by supernatural forces by the application of the deceased's own life force or that of another being (such as a demon). Undead may be incorporeal like ghosts, or corporeal like ghouls, vampires and zombies. The undead are featured in the belief systems of most cultures, and appear in many works of fantasy and horror fiction."

"That doesn't help at all!" I moaned, throwing my hooves up in exasperation, "We have to know what actually happened to Spike, not what a stereotypical zombie is."

Spike still jumped at the word 'zombie,' but covered it by coughing a bit, then asking, "Can you please talk about me like I'm actually here?"

"Sorry, Spikey!" I called, snout stuck in a book like a certain purple unicorn.

"Yeah," Twilight whispered, "I don't think Spike is a stereotypical anything."

I gave Twilight a disapproving look, and she shrugged back. Spike yelled something, but neither of us really listened.

"You know, Twilight," I closed the book I was holding, "I'm beginning to think that this might not be... normal."

Twilight shut her book loudly, "No, really? I mean, you only resurrected a sentient being. That happens every bucking day!"

I looked back down at the stack of supernatural books next to me, taking another one off the top.

Twilight exhaled heavily, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. What I meant was, it might not be traditional magic. This could be something entirely different," I stood up, carefully navigating through the books on the floor. Scanning the shelves, I saw the large brown book that had caused so much trouble in the past.

Using my magic, I carefully brought down the book, which had a design of stylized hearts decorating the cover, "I think it was the magic of love."

Twilight's shocked face reminded me, however, that nopony knew about my love for Spike.

Well, she did now.