• Published 10th May 2013
  • 6,150 Views, 254 Comments

Stitching it Together - ThunderChaserCreate



By popular demand, a sequel to 'Snip by Snip.'

  • ...
35
 254
 6,150

It Begins

We weren't ready. It's as simple as that. There was no way to be prepared for what was coming.

Twilight sighed, sinking a little lower into her chair, "I didn't sign up for this," she murmured, "I never asked you to do what you did. And now look: we're knee deep in this mess."

I didn't say anything. She was right, after all. This was my bed, and now I had to lie in it.

"I'm done with this," Twilight said firmly, "I wash my hooves of this! This is your responsibility, you take care of this! I'm done!" she stood, ushering me out the door.

"But-- Twilight, I--"

"GO!" She shoved me over the threshold, glaring at me with cold eyes, "I'm not helping you. Spike was dead. And it should've stayed that way. You're hurting him and everypony else out of stupid selfishness." she started to back away from the door, "Don't come back until this is over. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

And the door clicked shut.

She must've been holding this in for the last two days.

I turned and walked slowly back towards the boutique, not wanting to deal with anypony else for the rest of the day. But, of course, I had the flesh-craving, full-grown dragon at home. Looked like that wasn't going to happen.

And then, as if I needed one more push towards the brink of insanity, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie spotted me from down the street.

It was like watching two bumblebees fight over a single flower. They came galloping toward me, firing questions about Spike and Sweetie Bell.

Did I mention the streets were packed?

Keeping my head down, I trotted toward the boutique, then galloped. Soon, I was sprinting out of control down the street, being pursued by the two most hyper ponies in the town.

Maybe I wasn't really running from them, but I didn't want anypony to hear about this disaster.

I ran wildly toward the front door of the boutique, throwing it open, and waving in the other two ponies.

They flew through the door, skidding and turning in perfect unison, Rainbow Dash utilizing her wings to slow herself down.

"Are you two out of your bucking minds?" I asked, as quietly and calmly as possible.

Pinkie Pie gasped, loud and dramatic, "Rarity!" she yelled disapprovingly at the dirty word.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie. It's just-- nopony knows about this. I don't want too many to find out."

"B-but I told everypony! I told them all!" Pinkie stuttered, looking confused.

Rainbow put her hoof around her shoulders, "Pinkie?"

She looked at Rainbow, confused and upset, "Yeah?"

"Everypony thinks you're crazy."

"RAINBOW!" I looked at Rainbow Dash, mouth gaping, disgusted by her rudeness.

"What?" she asked, feigning innocence.

I sighed, flopping onto a nearby plush couch.

"It's okay," Pinkie said, "Rainbow's been really stressed out because of the zombie attack."

"He's not a zombie," I muttered exaggeratedly, "He's just... different. He's still the same Spike inside."

Rainbow seemed to catch a glimpse of something in the backyard, and galloped toward the door. She stood on her hind legs, resting her front hooves on the window sill in the kitchen.

There was quite a spectacle on the lawn. It was surrounded by a small white gate, and the was bare dirt beyond that. The hole I had dug for Spike when he was little was still there, though it was much too small for him now.

Beyond the gate was Spike, just as big as a full grown stallion, if not a little bigger. His wings were the only thing that could be described as normal, since they weren't around to be burned when he...

Anyway, the rest of his body was rather mangled, and he still walked rather oddly, like he was limping. This was probably because one of the front legs had been completely severed, and I'd had to gather the skin in a way that made it significantly shorter. The thread, by now, was completely covered by new skin grown over it. Some of the sloppier stitches were rather visible, since the skin had grown around it, but not over the wound it was meant to heal. In these cases, muscle, sinew, and even organs and bones were visible under the skin. Some of his scales were peeling and cracking, and almost all were blackened at the tips. The worst of the burns were lower on his legs, and the right half of his face took on a grey-ish appearance from this distance.

Spike seemed to stop, motioning for something to follow him. This being was out of our line of sight, and Rainbow tried to bolt out the back door.

I snatched her tail with my magic just before she could grab the handle, "No, wait!" I hissed, not wanting him to be scared away.

A small, grey figure lumbered out into our sight. It looked-- thin, like the skin was only hanging limply on tiny bones. It's back was lumpy, for the shape of the spine showed through the thin bit of skin over it. There was an oozing wound on it's side, bubbling and very fresh. Her mouth was extended up the side of her face, the skin torn and ragged as her jaw tried to drop off.
One of the only things left untouched was the blank white flank, and one lock of lavender hair.

I gasped, tears stinging my eyes, as Spike helped her onto his back. They continued past our window, wandering towards the Everfree.

I turned around, sliding down the wall with my hoof clamped over my mouth, "H-he got Sweetie... she's--" that was all I managed to say before I burst into tears. My sobs were uncontrollable, and I found my self choked by a tight feeling in my throat.

Pinkie put her hoof around my shoulders, not saying anything, just rubbing me gently.

Rainbow looked furious, not at anything in particular, just angry. A type of deep seated anger that really means something, "Okay, THAT'S IT!" she yelled, making her way to the front door.

"W-what..." I couldn't finish the question.

"This ends. Now."

Author's Note:

There you are. An excellent description of Spikey-wikey, if I do say so myself.