• Published 10th May 2013
  • 6,173 Views, 254 Comments

Stitching it Together - ThunderChaserCreate



By popular demand, a sequel to 'Snip by Snip.'

  • ...
35
 254
 6,173

Epilogue

I can't remember my name. Well, not the whole thing. It stared with an 'S'... Sam, maybe? Stewart? Spike? Hmm... Spike. I like that one. That's who I am... I am Spike.

All I can see is death. They're all dead, all of them. I don't know what they are, but they aren't like me. I'm pretty sure I'm a dragon. Yeah, that sounds right. A dragon.

Okay, good. I'm a dragon named Spike. And the only other thing I can remember is that I'm wrong. I don't know what that means, but it rings as the single truth in this empty land.

Oh, and there's one other thing. Soft, echoing words that whispered to me. Three little words, that I will hold dear for the rest of my life:

I love you.

But I don't remember who said them.

Comments ( 65 )

Why, goddamit :flutterrage:, WHY!!!!! :fluttershbad:

Even with the alternate ending, we still get a sad and tragic ending. And I still like it. I'm guessing you really like tragedy.

Okay, so...An entire town is wiped out and all that's left is an amnesiac dragon...

Sadly, once the authorities show up, Spike's new life probably won't last, because this looks very bad for him...

iambrony.jsmart.web.id/mlp/gif/72428%20-%20animated%20nope%20spike.gif?1366661167
Spike disapproves of your ending.:moustache:
EVERYPONY REPLY WHO WANTS AN ALTERNATE ENDING!!!

Nice ending, yet again it opens a really nice path for yet another sequel.

Spike, now returned to normal although amnesiac, has to live in a world slowly starting to decay because of the zombie swarm. He must find out who he is, and what caused everything to go to hell.

Well it safe to say that Celestia is going to have to burn Ponyville off the map!:facehoof:
Good job Rarity! Way to get everyone killed.:trollestia:

In the beginning i thought it was gonna be a happy ending. But it progressively got nastier. What did i get into?!! :fluttercry:

Shit officially escalated so quickly that I had to catch a super-sonic jet to keep up with it xD

2825989 I don't think more than this can be said about this entire fic...

Tragic as Shakespeare. GOOD ENDING, BRO. Now, one sequel? Spike, the zombie hunter?

2826898
Aaaah, by it of the why Derpy don't be a zombie.

The Ending. This was both terrible and genius. You story can really be compared to the works of E.W. Heine (more precisely the short story collections), and I mean that as a big compliment.

And then this happened. :pinkiecrazy:

Okay I'll be serious now. Rainbow Dash was right after all, I honestly expected a Resident Evil ending but it's still a well done story.

2828587
I... don't play Resident Evil :twilightsheepish:

2829250 It's okay, the recent ones suck anyway. :twilightsmile:

2825117

It's a good (ish) story, but it really doesn't make sense that the magic of love would resurrect things if it turned them into zombies. Whatever. :ajsmug:

2832859
Well, how much did you read? It's explained at some point.

2833153

Um, please clarify? If you're talking about that story where the pony was turned into a vampire-thing, that's not an explanation. And the Hearts and Hooves book isn't really a good place for the evidence, the love poison has nothing to do with the magic of love.

This fan fiction was amazing omg. I love this. I don't know how but you need to make another book to this. It's just aaaahh. <3 :pinkiehappy:

2848474

Thanks. If you wouldn't mind, tell other people that. :rainbowwild:

Well, looks like the world is about to be devoured by a zombie horde with a befuddled Spike in their midst, might as well go along the doomsday cultist route! IA SHUB-NIGGURATH THE GOAT WITH A THOUSAND YOUNG!

But yes, amusingly tragic, bravo, excuse me whilst I summon dark young :P

2851243
Isn't a funny tragedy just marvelous?:rainbowwild:

2851268

Its like Scandinavian comedy, hellishly dark and deeply amusing.

ORANGE PEEL.

2851277

I'm just glad to finally be done with this disaster.

WINE CORK

2851293

A magnificent disaster mind you! :twilightsmile:

FLOUR!

well i will admit this story didn't even make me tear up, but it does leave me sad, good job, this will be faved:twilightsmile:

2893678
Rares ain't exactly well-versed in necromancy... :rainbowkiss:

Oooooh....saaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd....:pinkiesad2:

Finally got around to reading this. I must point out that this story is incorrectly tagged. You need to have a "Tragedy" tag instead of a "Comedy" tag.

So because readers wanted a happier ending that the original fanfic didn't provide, you wrote a sequel that ended with even more loss and suffering...

Rainbow Dash is deeply confused. :rainbowhuh:

3081548
No, readers wanted Spike to live. He lived.
Just... everyone else died.

2893603 Actually that's the original concept of a zombie.

Depressing ending is depressing.:raritydespair:

I wish I'd never read this.

Maybe everyone could've been saved, If there's been any damn flour left! Anyways, Great fic, even though I nearly cried about 5 times...

I don't know why I read this. I don't like dark stories, and I don't like tragic stories. But I couldn't put this down once I started. Some sort of horrified fascination or something, I guess.

But my biggest problem with this story is that the characters were often acting pretty stupid. Rarity, I can excuse. She was still an idiot, but it was because she was in love. Except for when she killed Rainbow Dash. Unless she thought that everypony else would return to normal when Spike did, there was really no reason for her to kill her.
But Twilight, for example, said that she wanted to tell Celestia what was happening. Of course she couldn't use Spike to do it, but couldn't she have just flown to Canterlot? Or, if she couldn't fly that far, she could have dispatched Rainbow or another pegasus with a message to Celestia. Actually, with Spike gone, Celestia probably would have given Twilight another way to communicate with her.
And Twilight probably could have held the zombies off pretty well with her magic.

Login or register to comment