• Published 10th May 2013
  • 6,172 Views, 254 Comments

Stitching it Together - ThunderChaserCreate



By popular demand, a sequel to 'Snip by Snip.'

  • ...
35
 254
 6,172

New Plan, Anypony?

"Uh... you know, I'd appreciate if you didn't treat me like a science experiment." This was the first sentence anypony had heard out of Spike in hours. He was laying patiently in front of the fireplace at Twilight's, staring thoughtfully into the crackling flame.

I went and laid by his side, rubbing his burned scales with my hoof comfortingly, "I'm sorry. I know how you must be feeling."

"No, you don't! Nopony does!" he stuck his snout under his front claws, which were now barely large enough to cover the entirety of it. He sobbed, but no tears came, just as there was no saliva in his mouth, and probably next to no blood in his veins.

I continued rubbing his side, but hissed to Rainbow, "Ix-nay the esting-tay!"

She looked aggravated, but nodded her consent.

"Spike, you can sleep at my house tonight, alright?"

He sniffed, and looked up at me, "Really?"

"Of course, sweetheart. I brought you into this mess, and I'll be the one to get you out. I swear," I told him, pecking him on the forehead.

"Thanks, Rarity."

"Yeah, well, this is all well and good, but Ah'm curious-- how are you gonna get him across town? He's more obvious than a bowling ball in a bag 'a diamonds," Applejack reminded us, using a trademark, southern-style simile.

I looked over at Twilight, "Well, somepony here must be able to lend a hoof in that."

She looked impassive. I gave her my sweetest smile.

"Ugh, fine! By the time I find that spell, it'll be morning, anyway..."

"Thanks, Twilight." I smiled

"I-I can help, Twilight," Fluttershy muttered, floating up toward the higher shelves.

"What're you going to do to me?" Spike asked, nervous.

"We're going to make you invisible," Twilight explained, "That way, you can walk through the streets without attracting unwanted attention."

"So... that'd be any attention, right?" Rainbow chuckled. Applejack punched her in her foreleg.

Twilight disregarded the comment, "Just be careful, because the spell won't last forever. You've got to be inside within five minutes of casting the spell, or it'll wear off."

"That's fine, the Boutique is only just down the street," I said, pulling Spike to his feet, "just find it, and we'll be on our way."

"Um... Twilight?" Fluttershy squeaked, "Is this what you were looking for?" she held out an old book, looking rather like every other spell book in the room. It was open to a page with a rather disturbing image: half of a pony, "I-it says 'invisibility spell' at the top."

Twilight pulled it out of Fluttershy's hooves with her magic, "That's it! Thanks, Fluttershy!" she placed the book on the floor before her, carefully reading the directions.

Twilight screwed her eyes shut, as she always did when she was concentrating on her magic. Slowly, her horn lit up with a magenta glow, as did Spike.

"Uh... I'm not so sure about this!" he said at the last moment. His tail was slowly consumed by the light, leaving not a trace in it's wake. It continued up towards his head, dissolving his neck, his ear fins, his eyes, and his snout.

He shrieked, and the wooden statue centerpiece flew across the room. Rainbow dodged it, pulling Applejack with her as it demolished a window.

"Sorry! Sorry!" there were several more thumping steps, and a bookshelf collapsed in on itself.

"GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" Twilight yelled, "SPIKE! STOP MOVING!"

The noise ceased, "Sorry. I just-- I can't see myself! I don't know where my feet are until it's too late!"

Pinkie giggled, "That was kinda funny! It was like the room was going crazy!"

"You've walked out that same door a million times!" Applejack said, exasperated, "Just walk out the door and down the street. And don't make too much noise."

Spike made some sort of uneasy sound. His footsteps moved toward the door, and Pinkie jumped out the way. I followed the sound, which made it's way out of the small doorway and down the street.

It was near sunset now, so most of the ponies were inside. Of the few that still wandered, some of them seemed a little out of it, stumbling down the street in a somewhat distracted manner. Needless to say, they didn't pay us any attention. Or rather, me.

The Boutique was in sight. We had plenty of time. And then--

"Hey, Rarity!" a grey-blue pegasus floated in front of Spike, her yellow eyes focused on two separate points.

"Oh-- Ditzy. Hello," I groaned. There was no chance that Spike was getting around her without crushing her, not in this condition.

"It's Derpy. I wanna buy a dress!" She sound excited, and her entire body was rolling in slow circles as she attempted to hover in front of me.

"Uh... Now? Can't this wait until tomorrow, dear? I'm very busy right now." The mare was floating dangerously close to where Spike's snout was. Or, at least,where I thought it was. I really had no idea.

"Well, yeah, I guess it can wait. How about--n whoa..." She landed rather dangerously, staring at a point behind me. I turned to see the magenta glow of Twilight's magic, and the tip of a purple dragon tail. The spell was wearing off.

"So sorry! I have to be going!" I galloped down the street, looking behind me, watching as the small tail grew longer. Spike bounded after me, his claws thumping on the cobblestone street.

I threw open the door, ushering the dragon inside, then slamming it behind me. I pulled all the shutters closed, then peeked through the keyhole. Derpy was standing in the middle of the street, staring at my door. Eventually, she took off, spinning over the houses and out of sight.

I breathed a sigh of relief, turning to Spike. He was a little bigger than me now, and I had to look up to see the top of his head, "She's gone. You're safe."

"I feel sick," Spike managed to murmur, before he leaned out the window and threw up.

Except he threw up fire.