Humans Aren't Bastards 4,068 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

The thought that good and evil exists is a childish sentiment

No one in history has ever been absolutely evil, or absolutely good.

Things aren’t as simple as a cartoon about a nation of colorful ponies (despite what many people in this fandom would like to believe) and the many infamous faces of human history aren’t as simple as the show’s antagonists.

For instance: by the end of the first World War, Germany was an economic mess, Food was horribly expensive, the nation had been blamed for a war it hadn’t started, parts of the country were distributed to the countries around it, and it’s people were furious. Adolf Hitler was one of the many angry Germans, and he wanted to rebuild the nation into something even greater. He wanted to turn Germany into a powerful empire that would be admired and praised by the rest of the world. However, he was an anti-Semitic, white-supremacist who killed millions. Though, not all of the Nazi’s shared his beliefs; most of them wanted what was best for their country.

Abraham Lincoln has been praised by many for ending slavery in America and leading us through the civil war. However, his expansionist beliefs drove him to authorize one of the largest mass-executions ever recorded in history. A group of Native-Americans refused to evacuate their land when the government ordered them to; they instead fought to stay on their land. They lost, and thirty-seven of them were executed together.

Mikhail Kalashnikov is quite famous for the invention of the AK-47, a high-quality assault-rifle that could operate in harsh conditions without malfunction, could easily compete with any western firearm, and has quite possibly been used to kill more people than any other weapon, a feat that he accomplished while recovering in his hospital-bed. But Mikhail was not the stereotypical bloodthirsty Comrade of mighty Soviet Motherland; he only wanted to help protect his country. If anything, he would have preferred to have made farming tools.

The only people who can even be considered even close to being evil were slaves to their own madness.

Furthermore, there is a common misconception that ugliness appears hand and hand with bad people and beauty with good people.

This is Eleanor Roosevelt, a woman who single handedly changed the role of the first lady.
She was considered by many to be a very homely woman

This man was quite possibly fornicating with insanity. Can you guess who he is? Hint: he’s one of the reasons why presidential campaigns and mustaches still don’t mix well.

Finnaly, despite what misanthropes like to short-sighted-ly think, we don’t fight one another just because we like to; it’s all a matter of cause and effect.

A Serbian assassin kills the Archduke of Austria for the injustices done to his country

Austria is furious and declares war

Germany sinks an American ship to prevent supplies from being delivered to the British

America joins the fight and ends the war

Germany is blamed for the war

Germany is thrown into economic depression thanks to a very one sided treaty

Germany puts a highly determined and racist man in power

Germany attacks the USSR, biting off more than they could chew

The USSR retaliates, ending a regime that was supposed to last a millennium

The USSR then takes a large portion of European territory for itself

America begins to fear communism and the USSR more than ever

The USSR attempts to quell an insurrection in Afghanistan

America helps the rebels by giving them the weapons and training needed to fight the Soviet army

The USSR pulls out of the war

Afghanistan is a now moldering wreck

America says “it ain’t my problem” and leaves

One of the top commanders of the Rebel force we trained would later threaten to attack the US on its own soil.

He kept that promise

In short, there is no such thing a Good or Evil

There is only Ambition

Because we aren’t bastards

We’re just:

HUMAN

IIRC Bin Laden was famous for refusing any help from the west, so no, the US never supplied nor trained Bin Laden.

Good and Evil are subjective. What matters is trying to do your best in life without hurting others.

I like your post, and agree with it. Someone who sees things in black and white is an easy way to tell that they're a psychopath. (Not hollywood style, the real, not ax-crazy, and sad ones)

Only one question.

When you say fornicating with insanity...

you mean like THIS (and only) meaning of the word?

There's no such thing as black or white.

Only 50 different shades of grey.

There are good and evil acts, but there are not good and evil men. Saying that the lack of good and evil men denies the existence of good and evil as concepts is silly.

Fornicating with insanity = Fucking crazy

Bin laden was part of the Mujahideen during the Soviet/ Afghan war, though he wasn't in charge. We gave weapons to the Mujahideen and trained their soldiers. Bin laden may not have liked it, but he did receive training from us while under the Mujahideen.

Only 50 different shades of grey.

And still a better love story than Twili- oh, wait... :facehoof:

Permanent Temporary
Group Contributor

There are wicked criminals who commit rare acts of compassion, righteous saints who commit rare acts of cruelty, and everyone else lying between those two extremes. This contradiction, the coexistence of "good" and "evil" within us, exists at the core of what it truly means to be "human".

The Mujihideen are not one homogenous group. There were many splintering cells. The people who got the most money were following Ahmad Shah Massoud, who until his death on September 10th, 2001, was a staunch advocate for democracy, women's rights, freedom, and other typically American principles. Mujihideen just means "warriors of god", the Anti-Western movement in the Middle East didn't catch on with InFor until the 90's.

Beyond the Horizon
Group Contributor

I do believe good and evil exist. I even believe that both good and evil men exist.

However, I also believe neutral men exist, I believe men that are of the shade of gray slightly to the left and right of mid center exist, I believe that every kind of man exists, from small to large, virtuous to henious, brilliant and stupid, light and dark. . . I believe they all exist. I also believe absolutes exist. There are absolute good and evil, some things that people naturally see as complete monstrosity, and some things that they see as angelic works beyond their wildest expectations. I believe in it all.

Most importantly however, I think. . . I believe in people.I believe in people of all kinds. That we aren't all one easily generalized mass, that we all don't follow the same path, but each to his own path, his own school of thought, his own work, made with is or her own hands.

I believe in people, pure and simple. Whether they are good men, evil men, honest men or bastard men, it doesn't really matter. I believe in people.

Good and evil are just a matter of opinion. If I can control a nation's finances, I care not for whom makes it's laws." History is written by the victors, it's ultimetly them who decide what is wrong or right. Thise who's road has not ended yet.

1970797>>1970831>>1970912
An interesting debate... Personally, I think there's a world of difference between those who use human shields, and those that are human shields.

So Hitler was like a story with a great premise, but very poor execution.:pinkiehappy:

:trollestia:

DustTraveller
Group Admin

Man, I had no idea Stalin was such a pimp when he was younger. That's impressive.

This thread is awesome. Love it, love it, love it.:raritystarry:

DustTraveller
Group Admin

1971866 It's like he was going for a pompadour, but the oppressive, soul-crushing environment that is Russia just kinda deflated the fuck out of it. His hair literally gives no fucks. It are in a fuck deficit.

A Serbian terrorist murders the benevolent Archduke of the glorious Austrian-Hungarian empire in spite of everything the benign house of Hapsburg did for his little country.

Fixed. :trollestia:

I really believed that when I was little.

I never said we supplied Bin Laden. Bin Laden got the weapons on his own hands.

Spoken like Velka's Pardoner! "It is only Human to commit sin!"

But Mikhail was not the stereotypical bloodthirsty Comrade of mighty Soviet Motherland; he only wanted to help protect his country. If anything, he would have preferred to have made farming tools.

ahahah oh dear how hypocritical, talk about how the notion of good and evil is not true then call an entire race stereotypical bloodthirsty...

A. I was only stating that Russians are often thought of as thugs, much like Belorussians, and I in now ways assumed that all Russians are like that.

B. Russian is not a race, it's an ethnicity :ajsmug:

A.But that doesn't mean you get the judge them as a whole as bloodthirsty savages especially if you are trying to make a point about seeing all sides to the argument. Because when you label someone, you immediately dehumanize them and force others to not see their side of the story. Main point is that if you are going to defend Nazis, you should do the same for all. Making a common enemy is not seeing all sides to the picture

b. Yeah okay fine I used a wrong word sorry.

But that doesn't mean you get the judge them as a whole as bloodthirsty savages

uuuuuuh..... i wasn't....... :rainbowhuh:

1970598 Good and evil are all a matter of perception. Sometimes that perception is justified and sometimes it blinds us. But everyone has at some point done something that could be considered evil.

Okay nevermind I realized I read it wrong.

I'm a dick here.

You were right.

Sorry.

Yeah...Sorry again.

:twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35