Twilestia is Bestia 3,272 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52

Greetings Everypony!

It's time to encourage you all to write some Twilestia centred fanfiction!

From this day forward, and until the day I decide that time is up, anyone who writes a fanfic with a focus on Twilight and Celestia will receive a free game.

The rules are simple:
If you post a new story, or updates a current one, you will receive one game of choice from the list below.
Your story must be a minimum of 5000 words. (Quality is better than quantity. Exceptions can be made.)
It has to be written in English.

That's about it. No content rules, as long as it's not a trollfic it's applicable.

List of available games: (These games all require Steam.)
Left for Dead
Red Faction 2
Magica
Orcs Must Die
Quake
Plant vs Zombies
Cave Story
Bastion
Age of Empires Online
Jade EMpire
Quake 4
Stalker
Rock of Ages
Left 4 Dead 2
Guns of Icarus
Hotline Miami
Stronghold Collection
Great Giana Sisters Twisted Dream
Alan Wake
Saints Row the Third
Star Wars Knights of the old Republic 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
TakeDown
Terraria
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
BioShock Triple Pack
Borderlands 2
Metro 2033
Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition
Arma: Cold War Assault
Blade Symphony
Dead Island Collection
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year
The Ship
Talisman
Skyrim

Or:
Any Steam game for $5.99 or less.

Or:
Any one $5.99 game at www.gog.com

Secret Jackpots:
For stories that go Beyond the call of duty and present us with truly fantastic Twilestia fanfics, I may present even better rewards. What constitutes a fantastic fic is entirely up to me. Examples include Composure and Eternal. (If you're in this group and haven't read those, shame on you! )

Example of prizes:
Choice of game up to $50
Commission from artist of your choosing up to $50

Holy crap. o.o I might just have to break my FIMFiction story virginity and post. :pinkiegasp: Pun intended.

You are awesome for offering this, you know?

Oh man, I hope this sparks some amaazing twilestia.
Despite it being a popular thing, there's so little actual shipping.

There are some twilestia fans, but not many of them write.
Such a shame, hope this sparks interest. I will give it a shot, been having some ideas.

Oh man, I was thinking of writing something for Terraria for a long time. Never got around to it though, and if I did I wouldn't have any idea how to make it into Twilestia at all. Not to mention I would probably do horrible at writing anything romantic.

Give it a try anyway. It'll be good practise, even if it doesn't turn out perfect the first time :).

Well, the first two chapters are up, total of 5k words, and there is a LOT more coming where that came from. As in, there's already 5k more in the queue, and more coming after that. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it! :D Link is here: Four of Two.

Accepted. Please choose a reward from the list above :).

PM me with the E-mail you want the reward sent too. Remember that if you have a Steam account already, it's important that this is the E-mail you send me. Otherwise you'll end up with two accounts.

I put up my new Twilestia fic which I just started but I don't know what the hell a "steam" is.

Can we have sex instead?

Steam = http://www.steampowered.com

Largest venue for digitally distributed games you can find. A competitor to the slightly less known Gog.com which I also mentioned.

And so it is a Twilestia story then? I did read it, but I wasn't sure if it was Twilestia or just friendlyness in it all.

Edit: Oh, and no. No, you can most certainly Not have sex instead :P. I don't give out that kind of favors.

Romance tag is romance tag.

So, did you actually want a game or were you just making conversation?

Since your story fits the criteria, you're free to choose one, but I can't guess what you may or may not want :).

I barely know what steam is, so I obviously don't want anything. Thanks though.

Twilunestia probably doesn't count :rainbowlaugh:

It counts. But it needs to be over 5000 words. :)
So get to writing ;).

Unrelated:
Award list has been slightly updated. Some games are gone, some are added.

282503 I did write one, but only 3000 words lol - Alicorn sized bed, but even if I reached the word count I wouldn't possibly ask for a prize cuz I live in Asia now the shipping fee (pun intended) would be too high lol

(edit) just realized it probably doesn't need a shipping fee lol but still ill leave that cuz I find it funny lol

I know, I've read it ;). I'm on Fimchan as well :).

Also: There's no shipping cost. All games are digital downloads through Steam or Gog.com . (Besides, I'm in Sweden. If I wanted to ship it, it wouldn't be more expensive to ship to Asia than it is to ship to the US.)

So don't worry! Get some work on a second chapter, or (better yet) a prequel, and you'll get a prize as well.

My Sour Grapes Chronicles is going to have Twilestia included. Not sure if that counts, but look for the eventual "Closure Wine" chapter.

Will there be a focus on it? Or is it just something that's mentioned to the side? If there's actually focus on this relationship it counts, but if it just plays a very minor part then no, it doesn't count.

And really, a self insert fic? Brave choice, that''s the kindest I can say about it.

It's not the focus, no, but it's a nice bit, even so.

And I named the account after the character, not vice versa. :pinkiehappy: The idea of Sour Grapes came first, and I figured that my usual ID was overused.

Sorry Sour Grapes, but if there's not much attention focused on it then it does not count as a Twilestia story in my opinion.

Unrelated:
Added Bioshock as an available choice.

Just getting it in here: SleeplessBrony will be the third person to receive the Jackpot award here.
He haven't written the Twilestia alternate ending to Romance Reports yet, but I felt that the entire story was well written enough to warrant a prize on its own, so I feel confident in extending this offer to him despite the story not even having been released yet.

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

Is this still going on?

(This totally isn't related to my new long Twilestia story I have no idea what you're talking about)

Yes, this is still going on :).

Which reminds me that I should update the list of prizes. It's a bit outdated. But that's for another day!

Another day should be here! :pinkiehappy:

Haha, good point.

Said and done!

Such a shame that most of the Twilestia shipping is either so very short or horribly written :raritycry:

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

Unfortunate indeed.

439660 No I haven't read Twilight revised yet, it's on my to read list and you're cheating! :twilightangry2:

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

Cheating... how so? The story's very much about the Twilestia relationship. It's downright oozing with it.

It's missing a character tag :twilightsheepish:
and if it doesn't involve the pony, that's cheating!

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Say, I'm sure someone has already done this, but is there Twilestia out there that has Twilight as the alicorn and Celestia as...well not an alicorn?

I had the idea pop up today and that might become a fic. Maybe play it off as a transfer of power that imbues Twi and leaves Celly as less than her normal self and more normal pony-ish. They would have to stay together because Twilight has the awesome, phenomenal, cosmic power, but Celestia has the wisdom and experience.

Maybe a crap idea?:rainbowhuh:

Haven't seen it around either. Go ahead and write it :). If nothing else, you'll get a free game!

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I'm on it!

Just an FYI to any Twilestia author out there: These offers are still good to go. (Though I might have to update the list a bit. Will do another day.)

I was going to write my Twilestia fanfic for free, but this is even better.
I need to ask one thing though, how much time is there left? I really want to work hard on this fanfic and I don't think it will be finished in just a week or two, probably not even in a month.

I think it's good for some time yet. The list has barely been scratched at, and it's already been ongoing for almost a year.

Also: This is awesome. Endless respect for you, Zanzibar.

Wow, you must really want some twilestia!

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

By the by, anyone doubting this? This is completely legitimate. I've received a few games myself thanks to Zanzibar's awesome generosity.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I haven't hit the 5k word count yet, but the first chapter of mine is out.

Bioshock 2 WILL be mine!

Does my story count?
Right now, there isn't much Twilestia, but it will contain lots of Twilestia (albeit Celestia and Filly Twilight, and no ship) since it follows Twilight on her journey through foalhood.
I will continue as soon as I'm well again. Right now, I have to fight a dislocated shoulder :pinkiesick:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/63412/there-the-body-follows
Got a little something to whet your appetite for Twilestia.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Do it anyway! Your writing will improve with practice. And practice happens when you have worthy goal!

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Updated Alicorn Switcheroo today. Two or three more chapters and it'll be complete!:rainbowkiss:

just found this, is it still going?

i suck at writing but i do love games...

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

3841804 Might want to message the guy offering and/or reply to his comment. He's the only one who would know.

is it still going?

I'm not very good at writing but i DO enjoy video games .-.

Thank you for the comment telling me how to get his attention lol :P i forgot that the threads don't alert to new comments

Well, been a while since I saw this thread active!

Sure, let's say it's still going :). The game list is out of date though, tell me if there's a story you've written and what game you want, I'll check if I can procure it :).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52